Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Survival and Preparedness

Notices

Old 12-31-2017, 11:58 PM   #1121
giantpune
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 188807

Little birdies are talking about coinbase adding ripple support. When they added BCH, the price skyrocketed 8x and they halted all trading. The price went back down, but its still double what it was before coinbase/gdax added it. I've also heard some talk about them adding monero sometime soon. Went ahead and grabbed some of each of those to sit on till the coinbase effect kicks in.
giantpune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:37 AM   #1122
Black Blade
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 181106

Have a small position in BTC, BCC, LTC and GBTC now but am watching and waiting for a new entry point. Ripple, Monero and IOTA look decent too. Maybe ETH eventually.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:49 AM   #1123
AK74NOLA
5.45x39 Master Race.

AKaholic #: 193147

So far ive made 3k profit off ripple in weeks. Things are looking good! If XRP gets added to coinbase this will explode even more.
AK74NOLA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:27 AM   #1124
Rev06
Titanium Member
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 185972

I heard a rumor that Australia has frozen transactions from cash bank accounts ($A) to BTC and also has either frozen or is doing something similar to transactions on BTC exchange(s). Anyone else heard this?

Similarly, S. Korea is supposed to be looking at either banning or heavily regulating BTC transactions.

This government monkeying around is what has worried me from the beginning.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:02 PM   #1125
Black Blade
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev06 View Post
I heard a rumor that Australia has frozen transactions from cash bank accounts ($A) to BTC and also has either frozen or is doing something similar to transactions on BTC exchange(s). Anyone else heard this?

Similarly, S. Korea is supposed to be looking at either banning or heavily regulating BTC transactions.

This government monkeying around is what has worried me from the beginning.
Easy solution ... TOR or VPN on the "dark web" or store on a hard wallet like Trezor or Ledger. Just a couple extra steps and remain anonymous. Can even cover your track with "Shape Shift" or other "mixing" software. They may try to follow but the trail goes cold.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:15 PM   #1126
giantpune
Curio & Relic

Easy solution... launder that shit. I heard recently that some people were doing it by recording a song/writing a book and uploading it to itunes store. Then buy itunes giftcards with your BTC. Use those giftcards to buy your own song/book from apple. Apple deposits money in your bank account.

There's also ole fashioned gold. Order gold online, pay with BTC, get free shipping and 4% discount. When your gold shows up, sell that shit.

Or buy stuff with it. Go to purse.io, find the item you want off amazon, pay with bitcoin, and get the item cheaper than if it were amazon to begin with.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:43 PM   #1127
yuik

AKaholic #: 188386

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK74NOLA View Post
the people have never looked up the definition of "Ponzi scheme" or "fraud" are ignorant, because even if bitcoin will fail or result in investors losing all their money, it does not meet the definition of either a Ponzi scheme or a fraud.

Plain and simple.
It is 100% not a ponzi scheme or fraud.

A bubble possibly:

The problem is the float of whatís trading and determining the price. Thereís so much dead money from
The original wallets that was lost. The float that trades daily is way lower than the total market cap.
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 01:55 PM   #1128
rcm1201

AKaholic #: 165990

Man crypto has changed my life. I'm 28 and after investing for about a year, my wife can now retire. I have secured a portion of the crypto gains out of that market in a safer, more traditional vehicle so we can live off the dividends that equal her salary. Just need my crypto portfolio to go 2-3x from here and I'll be retiring with her.
rcm1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:08 PM   #1129
Rev06
Titanium Member
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcm1201 View Post
Man crypto has changed my life. I'm 28 and after investing for about a year, my wife can now retire. I have secured a portion of the crypto gains out of that market in a safer, more traditional vehicle so we can live off the dividends that equal her salary. Just need my crypto portfolio to go 2-3x from here and I'll be retiring with her.
Congrats man! That is great to hear. Sounds like you nailed it and did not get greedy which is the hardest part. Hats off
Old 01-06-2018, 06:10 PM   #1130
rstrobel
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 167348

Quote:
did you pay the taxes yet? lol

side note, I just saw that the most visited investment website in the entire world is now coinmarketcap.com
rstrobel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:14 PM   #1131
rcm1201

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrobel View Post

side note, I just saw that the most visited investment website in the entire world is now coinmarketcap.com
As part of the withdrawal, I set aside enough to cover 2017 taxes that I will be filing in a couple months.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:49 AM   #1132
AKRAGE
400ft below sea level

AKaholic #: 159787

NEM is next for me
Old 01-09-2018, 03:44 AM   #1133
remauto1187
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 176620
Location: INDIANA (formerly Illinois) Cant imagine why I left there!

Quote:
Congrats man! That is great to hear. Sounds like you nailed it and did not get greedy which is the hardest part. Hats off
Im placing some of my stakes like you did and will retire in less than 5 years if it works out as planned. (with 20yrs federal service at that time)
Old 01-10-2018, 04:28 PM   #1134
savage

AKaholic #: 41960

Ok, so I managed to get different accounts a different exchanges and dumped little bit of money into some of them. But I'm just gonna letting it sit there but I know the real money is treating this… But with the new tax changes where every trade is considered a taxable event in my understanding, how can we possibly track these going purchased events should you decide to trade them? Does anybody have a good idea on this or is there a site? To try to spreadsheet this would be impossible. Any insight would be great .
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom ó go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" ~Samuel Adams

Molon labe!
savage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:43 PM   #1135
HKD126

AKaholic #: 166817

Crypto prices are plummeting! BTC is currently $10k and XRP is $1.00!
HKD126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:55 PM   #1136
Rev06
Titanium Member
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrobel View Post

Huh very interesting. I have seen reports that millennial and some younger are leary of traditional stock market and other investments because of the 2008 financial crisis and are turning to crypto for their speculative excesses.

Once crypto cracks we may well see the last wave of retail finally come into this bull market to fully power the coming blow off top.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:45 PM   #1137
giantpune
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKD126 View Post
Crypto prices are plummeting! BTC is currently $10k and XRP is $1.00!
Buy low, sell high. Also, 10k is still +1177% up from a year ago.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:47 AM   #1138
Black Blade
Curio & Relic

Happy with my gains but when the "Whales" started selling and the crypto and exchange founders said "sell", then it became obvious that the time had come to bail.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:19 AM   #1139
HKD126

AKaholic #: 166817

BTC at $9k now.
HKD126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:44 PM   #1140
giantpune
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKD126 View Post
BTC at $9k now.
And $11.5k now. Cha-ching. That just upgraded the seats on my ponzi yacht to the italian leather. When it gets back up to $15k, that's italian leather seats for the lifeboat, too.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:33 AM   #1141
Black Blade
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantpune View Post
And $11.5k now. Cha-ching. That just upgraded the seats on my ponzi yacht to the italian leather. When it gets back up to $15k, that's italian leather seats for the lifeboat, too.
Futures expiry. Maybe the carnage is over. Still watching tho.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:01 AM   #1142
Mclaughlin

AKaholic #: 186391

A conspiracy just proven right but the people will still not care

These Are The 6 Traders Who Were Just Arrested For Manipulating The Gold Market

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ng-gold-market
Mclaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:23 PM   #1143
Rev06
Titanium Member
Bronze Contributor

Traders can't help themselves. The question always becomes how much did their supervisors and firms know?

If the trading desk or a certain trader is producing massive profits month after month their supervisory controls should pick it up.

Doesn't surprise me at all.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:23 PM   #1144
rcm1201

Quote:
I never try timing any market but it is fun looking back at the big moves I make to see how the timing was...my god this one couldn't have been more perfect as of now. I hope a year from now I look back and say I should have left that portion in but it is nice knowing I banked a major life change before a huge crypto market crash.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:20 PM   #1145
giantpune
Curio & Relic

While the crypto market was nice and low, I used that as an opportunity to buy a trading bot at 65% discount. I turned it loose on an exchange today, making a dollar here and a couple bucks there. It'll run all day. and all night. Making money. It'll never stop.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:45 PM   #1146
drjarhead
American Patriot

AKaholic #: 5952

Quote:
I never try timing any market but it is fun looking back at the big moves I make to see how the timing was...my god this one couldn't have been more perfect as of now. I hope a year from now I look back and say I should have left that portion in but it is nice knowing I banked a major life change before a huge crypto market crash.
I always try to time the market.

Sometimes I nail it perfect, sometimes I get close, sometimes I totally miss it.

I totally missed this recent stock correction.
There was nothing to signal it was going to happen that I could see.
Further, the way stocks were playing out, it was detrimental to try to trade or time it. So I just stayed in and took the gains, knowing that at some point I could get squeezed.

And I did.

Recovered half of it today though.
Well, a little of that yesterday also.

drjarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:07 PM   #1147
Rev06
Titanium Member
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjarhead View Post
I always try to time the market.

Sometimes I nail it perfect, sometimes I get close, sometimes I totally miss it.

I totally missed this recent stock correction.
There was nothing to signal it was going to happen that I could see.
Further, the way stocks were playing out, it was detrimental to try to trade or time it. So I just stayed in and took the gains, knowing that at some point I could get squeezed.

And I did.

Recovered half of it today though.
Well, a little of that yesterday also.
After the DOW passed 24,000 I took this same approach Doc and don't at all regret it. I'm not an active trader like you, but I have been off loading stock since we passed Dow 20K or so.

Mainly because I'll need to start writing checks, big ass checks, for my oldest one's college in a few years, and simply could not bear the idea of the market dropping like we have in the past week, but say 50% and then staying there for several years. (Japan's Nikkei took over 20 years to surpass its 1987 high)

What is really weird is how the last few days the market (DJIA) has been vacillating around 24K. It will close just shy or just over and keeps crossing it.

The guy I follow picked Dow 24K some years ago when everyone was thinking that even 18K was crazy. But somehow his computer alogorithim pretty much nailed it.

I think we will go back up before we REALLY drop, by say 50% or more, but I'm comfortable w my current cash and PMs position.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:50 AM   #1148
Black Blade
Curio & Relic

Dribbled back into Bitcoin this weekend. Seems to have formed a base so off to the races again. Ditto with Litecoin.

Meanwhile added more MVO, BLP and some GOV for income.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:07 AM   #1149
drjarhead
American Patriot

Quote:
After the DOW passed 24,000 I took this same approach Doc and don't at all regret it. I'm not an active trader like you, but I have been off loading stock since we passed Dow 20K or so.

Mainly because I'll need to start writing checks, big ass checks, for my oldest one's college in a few years, and simply could not bear the idea of the market dropping like we have in the past week, but say 50% and then staying there for several years. (Japan's Nikkei took over 20 years to surpass its 1987 high)

What is really weird is how the last few days the market (DJIA) has been vacillating around 24K. It will close just shy or just over and keeps crossing it.

The guy I follow picked Dow 24K some years ago when everyone was thinking that even 18K was crazy. But somehow his computer alogorithim pretty much nailed it.

I think we will go back up before we REALLY drop, by say 50% or more, but I'm comfortable w my current cash and PMs position.
I'm managing to make money off this correction.
Made a few trades, out of a few things, more into others.
It will benefit me regardless. At least that's how it's looking. I'm just barely under my all time high going into the open this AM.

The 'experts' say volatility is back.
Might work out well for me.

Old 02-26-2018, 06:08 PM   #1150
Rev06
Titanium Member
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
I'm managing to make money off this correction.
Made a few trades, out of a few things, more into others.
It will benefit me regardless. At least that's how it's looking. I'm just barely under my all time high going into the open this AM.

The 'experts' say volatility is back.
Might work out well for me.

Yeah I have been reading he same thing re volatility. That's not all bad all things considered. Given that the Dow now has retraced all but about 4% of its drop I am just about ready to pull the trigger on some additional market protection insurance.

I don't want to pull any more money out per se, so I am looking mainly to ETFs that rise when market falls, when our currency falls, and that rise w U.S. interest rates. I believe all three are coming.

In fact, tying in this thread w all the threads over in the News Subforum, I wouldn't at ALL be surprised to see a major market collapse either engineered by desperate leftists, or "allowed to happen" by not so benign neglect and shitty advice to DJT.

This, and a bigger foreign war are almost to be expected. Perhaps instigated by the types of events you outlined in one of your threads Doc (terrorit attacks, shootings etc).

Anyway, I drifted a bit off track there, but glad to hear you are managing your risk and making bank.

Now if we could get these Bitcoin guys to give say, 1% of what they are putting into coin, to gun orgs, we would be in good shape.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:22 PM   #1151
drjarhead
American Patriot

Quote:
Yeah I have been reading he same thing re volatility. That's not all bad all things considered. Given that the Dow now has retraced all but about 4% of its drop I am just about ready to pull the trigger on some additional market protection insurance.

I don't want to pull any more money out per se, so I am looking mainly to ETFs that rise when market falls, when our currency falls, and that rise w U.S. interest rates. I believe all three are coming.

In fact, tying in this thread w all the threads over in the News Subforum, I wouldn't at ALL be surprised to see a major market collapse either engineered by desperate leftists, or "allowed to happen" by not so benign neglect and shitty advice to DJT.

This, and a bigger foreign war are almost to be expected. Perhaps instigated by the types of events you outlined in one of your threads Doc (terrorit attacks, shootings etc).

Anyway, I drifted a bit off track there, but glad to hear you are managing your risk and making bank.

Now if we could get these Bitcoin guys to give say, 1% of what they are putting into coin, to gun orgs, we would be in good shape.
I'm keeping an eye on gold.

If SHTF, for whatever reason, that'll be the place to be, at least in the short term.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:59 PM   #1152
Rev06
Titanium Member
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
I'm keeping an eye on gold.

If SHTF, for whatever reason, that'll be the place to be, at least in the short term.
Yeah I forgot to mention Gold. The guy I follow who calls for the financial wipeout triggered by a sovereign debt crisis morphing into currency crisis sees it's top as $5K oz in that scenario.

However he also was calling for it to drop back to $900 a few years back and that hasn't happened yet. One of his few public predictions that has not been spot on yet.

I bought a fair amount a few years back, but prob would have bought more except for this $800-$900 number. So yeah I am looking at adding more right now.

Wife most def is NOT on the same page as me prepping wise tho and so we've kind of compromised where I agreed not to add any more physical metal, but ETFs or miners are ok.

I have to pick my battles. Sigh.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:57 PM   #1153
yuik

Heres some wins and losses I have had.

Wins
Abbvie 2 months ago
Microsoft (doubled down, after seeing azure vs amazon AWS cloud earnings)

Losses
Celegene (I wanted to sell 2 days ago worked late and forgot to do my research, they dropped 8% today)

Unknown
- ethereum
- RYF, goldman, and JPM (doubled down on the last two) in preparation for a rate hike as a hedge to that pulling down the market.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:26 AM   #1154
drjarhead
American Patriot

I have Celgene also....
Management is blowing it bad.

I've done well with my tech and financial stocks.

The small cap biotechs I bought 7 months ago have doubled. Sold half of all but one.
Didn't have that much in them though. Speculation.

Some of my semiconductor stocks have been doing very well.

Looking for a few things to buy at the moment. Maybe soon.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:15 PM   #1155
yuik

Quote:
I have Celgene also....
Management is blowing it bad.

I've done well with my tech and financial stocks.

The small cap biotechs I bought 7 months ago have doubled. Sold half of all but one.
Didn't have that much in them though. Speculation.

Some of my semiconductor stocks have been doing very well.

Looking for a few things to buy at the moment. Maybe soon.
I like this rate hike and 60% of be stocks in RYf on a market pullback.

I also like Boeing with the tariff talk pulling it down. I donít think Boeing uses so much cheap steel vs special metials that their backlogs margins will be ruined.