Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Krinkovs

Notices

Old 07-09-2018, 11:27 PM   #36
extra300
Contributor

AKaholic #: 194748

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
The CNC hinge can be configured to accept a buffer tube type stock or a triangle stock configuration like the Manticore or Circle 10 aluminum triangle stocks for NFA purposes. Otherwise a Stormwerkz type hinge will also accommodate the aluminum triangle stocks to cut down on the length/ bulkiness.
Nice. To clarify, if I purchase a CNC Warrior hinge for AR style buffertube now and when my stamp arrives, I can install the Manticore triangle on the same hinge or will I need to purchase another adaptor?
extra300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:58 AM   #37
OhioPatriot

AKaholic #: 182353

Dude I envy you! Keep the fun coming and I appreciate the thorough explanations. I'd be happy to pay a little more and order from you. Is there a way you can send me a number or link where I can check your stock?
OhioPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:38 AM   #38
ddnc
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 174853

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra300 View Post
Nice. To clarify, if I purchase a CNC Warrior hinge for AR style buffertube now and when my stamp arrives, I can install the Manticore triangle on the same hinge or will I need to purchase another adaptor?
There are two parts to these. The hinge that actually attaches to the receiver and the piece that attaches to the hinge axle that enables the attachment of a stock/ brace.
That piece is specific for that ecoutrement. So, the threaded piece that allows the attachment of any buffer tube type stock or brace will not allow the attachment of a manticore type triangle stock as that bolts on to the piece whereas the buffer tube piece screws into that piece.
To answer your question, yes & no. To do what you want requires one hinge but two separate end pieces. That is easily doable by just removing the C clip from the axle and switching out the pieces
ddnc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:38 PM   #39
extra300
Contributor

Quote:
There are two parts to these. The hinge that actually attaches to the receiver and the piece that attaches to the hinge axle that enables the attachment of a stock/ brace.
That piece is specific for that ecoutrement. So, the threaded piece that allows the attachment of any buffer tube type stock or brace will not allow the attachment of a manticore type triangle stock as that bolts on to the piece whereas the buffer tube piece screws into that piece.
To answer your question, yes & no. To do what you want requires one hinge but two separate end pieces. That is easily doable by just removing the C clip from the axle and switching out the pieces
Thanks for the clarification. Exactly what I was looking for. Looks like I will be purchasing the CNC W hinge setup. Looks like I will be using my Stormwerks hinge for a future Lynx build
Old 07-10-2018, 11:08 PM   #40
ddnc
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. Exactly what I was looking for. Looks like I will be purchasing the CNC W hinge setup. Looks like I will be using my Stormwerks hinge for a future Lynx build
CNC hinge with manticore attachment. You can get them in right or left folders.

Concerning the Lynx, the endplate on the trunnion is rather thin I’m not sure two 10/32 Allen bolts would provide door bashing ability. I went with the CNC again on my lynx so I can use an AR stock when the stamp clears and it has one large bolt that can be really torqued down. It’s pretty dang sturdy.

Last edited by ddnc; 07-10-2018 at 11:18 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:43 PM   #41
extra300
Contributor

Quote:
CNC hinge with manticore attachment. You can get them in right or left folders.

Concerning the Lynx, the endplate on the trunnion is rather thin Iím not sure two 10/32 Allen bolts would provide door bashing ability. I went with the CNC again on my lynx so I can use an AR stock when the stamp clears and it has one large bolt that can be really torqued down. Itís pretty dang sturdy.

Good info. Look like I will be purchasing 2 CNC hinge. Nice pistols you have.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:55 AM   #42
ddnc
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Good info. Look like I will be purchasing 2 CNC hinge. Nice pistols you have.
Top one is an SBR
Old 07-13-2018, 05:00 AM   #43
mishaco
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 190226

Progress update......

CNC Warrior henge came in today. It was supposed to be here last Friday but the mail decided to send it via the scenic route I suppose.
The AKSU gas block came Monday, so i have all the parts.

Barrel has been cut down, and I'll get to swopping gas blocks this weekend probably.

After that, just install the henge; and boom! done!

Speaking of the CNC device, it can be made to work on a Lynx, but you will have to modify the block a bit. The Lynx is about 1mm wider in the back compared with the SAM7K (stamped receiver vs milled). So you'll have to remove some material from the lips so the henge can seat fully on the Lynx.

As to my thoughts?

The CNC device is good for the SAM7K. It matches the thick, beefy milled receiver. While it is a large block, it is roughly the same size as the Arsenal folding block as found on the SAM7SF and the military AR-M4SF.

For stamped receiver guns like the Draco, M92PV, or Lynx though? I think I would still go with the Stormworks adaptor. It is slimmer and lighter, and just fits cosmetically with a stamped gun more.

Next update should be with a finished project, let you all know.
mishaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:53 AM   #44
ddnc
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaco View Post
Speaking of the CNC device, it can be made to work on a Lynx, but you will have to modify the block a bit. The Lynx is about 1mm wider in the back compared with the SAM7K (stamped receiver vs milled). So you'll have to remove some material from the lips so the henge can seat fully on the Lynx.

The lynx will need the CNC DRACO hinge. Not the SAM7 one. It needs no modification.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:40 PM   #45
mishaco
Curio & Relic

Oh sorry, i misunderstood the user's post. I thought he was wanting to use the CNC SAM7K adaptor on a Lynx...figured maybe he already had one in hand and wanted to use it rather than spending another $150....so just disregard what I said.

Anyhow, SAM7K is done.

I'll ask someone to snap pictures tonight and see if Tankboy can post them for me tomorrow.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:27 PM   #46
Combloc_Cody

AKaholic #: 194426

misha,
I just got a SAM7K pistol in from Classic. Noticed that the front fake flash hider has some play in it. The pin also appears to have a tiny weld ground down. The flash hider is even flat in some spots from the grind. Have any of your SAM7Ks exhibited this? I know the front flash hider is supposed to be pressed on but this almost seems like the gas block could have threads. Did Arsenal change the latest runs?
Combloc_Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:37 AM   #47
mishaco
Curio & Relic

I had some SAM7Ks come in a couple weeks ago, same as others.
The faux booster is just held on with a thick rollpin. After i removed mine, it twisted right off. It was not pressed on very tight.
Anything's possible of course, so you'll just have to remove yours and see what's underneath.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:25 AM   #48
Nolagt

AKaholic #: 187804

Quote:
Oh sorry, i misunderstood the user's post. I thought he was wanting to use the CNC SAM7K adaptor on a Lynx...figured maybe he already had one in hand and wanted to use it rather than spending another $150....so just disregard what I said.

Anyhow, SAM7K is done.

I'll ask someone to snap pictures tonight and see if Tankboy can post them for me tomorrow.
Looking forward to some pics.
Nolagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:34 PM   #49
Combloc_Cody

AKaholic #: 194426

Quote:
I had some SAM7Ks come in a couple weeks ago, same as others.
The faux booster is just held on with a thick rollpin. After i removed mine, it twisted right off. It was not pressed on very tight.
Anything's possible of course, so you'll just have to remove yours and see what's underneath.
Yep, turned out to be just a really loose flash hider. Pulled right off. You can see the gas block and how they turned the threads down because there are grooves still there. What a waste. I don't understand why they ruin a $100 somewhat hard to get gas block.
Combloc_Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:19 PM   #50
mishaco
Curio & Relic

Having a bit of a clue of how imports work, i bet you it was a bit of a mix-up/mistake/misunderstanding of the original SAM7K order at the Arsenal AD (BG) factory.

K-Var has the gas blocks at the moment. Mine came in with everything: detent, front sight post, and even spare barrel pins.

Its a relatively small thing, but i definitely appreciate the SAM7K with the shorter barrel and working + removable flash hider.