Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Gear & Accessories

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2017, 06:06 PM   #1
camaro1509
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 147889
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hyden KY, usa
Posts: 1,183
Default Knifes

I mean ak bayonet is not something Iím packing in sf, seals,other teir 1 units I know someone got them to pack tomahawks very practical to open someone up and for camp n such . But good knife is a must iv had sog deserts 2 and custom 300$ knifes. I think Iím gonna go with a Ka-bar . Iv found most knifes break
camaro1509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:22 PM   #2
ArtGuy
Senior Member
 
ArtGuy's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 190991
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 524
Default

AkOptions has some great Yugo bayonets for 25 bucks.
ArtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:27 PM   #3
4mula
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 183879
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: on my chair
Posts: 7,691
Default

A good knife for less than KaBar,

https://www.smkw.com/sog-seal-pup-model-m37n-bx
__________________
5.56 posts per day
4mula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:13 PM   #4
rediius
Reconnaissance Section
 
AKaholic #: 177569
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: [Redacted]
Posts: 121
Default

Most knives break because you're using them for tasks unsuited to knives, like prying, digging, or chopping wood. Sure, some better built knives these days can baton wood, but you are almost guaranteed not to need a fighting knife these days. The US Army was trying to get rid of blade bayonets back when the Springfield 1903 was introduced, and certainly over 100 years later you don't need that weight.

Bring a dedicated halligan tool or a pry bar if you need to break in to things. Bring a trowel to bury your poop. Bring an axe if you want to efficiently harvest wood. Maybe bring a bushcraft knife if you want to chop up bits of wood for the fire, and a smaller one to slice your food. For most of us hikers, a folding knife is sufficient for these smaller tasks, since we bring our own fuel to cook with. Bring a gutting or skinning knife if you're on a hunt. Bring a bolo or machete if you're clearing shoulder height or leg height overgrowth in the wilderness, which is very, very few of us (everyone else will just walk around the damn thing or use the trails like a normal human until the very last bit when they shoot off to make a camp for the night).

I have limited experience with USSOCOM units, just some Tier 3 guys that were always super friendly to us, and generally, they say you'll win if you bring a pistol to a knife fight. If you find yourself in a fair knife fight, your tactics suck. If you find yourself in a gunfight and you only have a knife because you forgot your gun, your tactics suck. I mean, still learn to wrestle, but you're not going to dominate an ambush by wrestling an enemy squad one by one.

So no, you don't need a Kabar. I have one too, but it stays at home because it sucks for everything I need outdoors. Leather washer handles went out of style in the 1960s. Same goes with bayonets - they're overly complicated knives, rarely full tang, and always issued unsharpened anyway. If you love issued gear like I do, maybe consider an ASEK (Commercially, the Gerber LMF Infantry), which is a 3/4 tang knife intended so you can cut wires without shocking yourself). It's used in several Air Force survival courses, but then, I've seen them break too, because military abuse will break anything. In many ways, it's a better Kabar than the Kabar, and you can make it do a bunch of things it was never designed for. Ask me how I know.

Just admit that you will probably never need a fighting knife and the rest of us will leave you alone to enjoy whatever you want.

Best of luck.
__________________
WTS: POSP 6x with picatinny attachment, $300 shipped, PM for details and pictures.
rediius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:25 PM   #5
UsernameMDM
x39
 
UsernameMDM's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 169388
Join Date: May 2013
Location: TX
Posts: 3,601
Default

Gerber Strongarm

Has THE best sheath that can be mounted in multiple ways (only takes up 1 column on molle).

UsernameMDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:47 PM   #6
Disburse-Now
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 79142
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, Lakeland, FL
Posts: 4,319
Default

I'm going to look up that Gerber Strong arm. I'm actually more orientated for just such a general utility knife, or next, a light brush knife - name;y a Mora Knive or other similar type knife, which are generally smaller cheap sheath knives. They are small, but tough and very sharp - usually high carbon steel blades.
Disburse-Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:06 PM   #7
sineypem
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 175069
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: East DFW
Posts: 982
Default

Are you challenging someone to a duel?
__________________
Speak up, you say this is your safety? Well, this is my boot, son, and it will fit up your ass with the proper amount of force!
sineypem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:34 PM   #8
Ramey
Member
 
Ramey's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 185980
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Alexandria Safe Zone, GA
Posts: 257
Default

Spyderco Bill Moran drop point. Good for everything except heavy work(prying, chopping). Light baton work ok.
Ramey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:51 PM   #9
BlackHills
Senior Member
 
BlackHills's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159959
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Black Hills, South Dakota
Posts: 821
Default

Have had great luck with Glock field knives and the simple swedish mora
__________________
Weiter, weiter ins Verderben..... Wir mŁssen leben bis wir sterben

Last edited by BlackHills; 12-08-2017 at 11:30 PM.
BlackHills is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:51 AM   #10
tnxdshooter
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 170817
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Crossville, TN
Posts: 2,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rediius View Post
Most knives break because you're using them for tasks unsuited to knives, like prying, digging, or chopping wood. Sure, some better built knives these days can baton wood, but you are almost guaranteed not to need a fighting knife these days. The US Army was trying to get rid of blade bayonets back when the Springfield 1903 was introduced, and certainly over 100 years later you don't need that weight.

Bring a dedicated halligan tool or a pry bar if you need to break in to things. Bring a trowel to bury your poop. Bring an axe if you want to efficiently harvest wood. Maybe bring a bushcraft knife if you want to chop up bits of wood for the fire, and a smaller one to slice your food. For most of us hikers, a folding knife is sufficient for these smaller tasks, since we bring our own fuel to cook with. Bring a gutting or skinning knife if you're on a hunt. Bring a bolo or machete if you're clearing shoulder height or leg height overgrowth in the wilderness, which is very, very few of us (everyone else will just walk around the damn thing or use the trails like a normal human until the very last bit when they shoot off to make a camp for the night).

I have limited experience with USSOCOM units, just some Tier 3 guys that were always super friendly to us, and generally, they say you'll win if you bring a pistol to a knife fight. If you find yourself in a fair knife fight, your tactics suck. If you find yourself in a gunfight and you only have a knife because you forgot your gun, your tactics suck. I mean, still learn to wrestle, but you're not going to dominate an ambush by wrestling an enemy squad one by one.

So no, you don't need a Kabar. I have one too, but it stays at home because it sucks for everything I need outdoors. Leather washer handles went out of style in the 1960s. Same goes with bayonets - they're overly complicated knives, rarely full tang, and always issued unsharpened anyway. If you love issued gear like I do, maybe consider an ASEK (Commercially, the Gerber LMF Infantry), which is a 3/4 tang knife intended so you can cut wires without shocking yourself). It's used in several Air Force survival courses, but then, I've seen them break too, because military abuse will break anything. In many ways, it's a better Kabar than the Kabar, and you can make it do a bunch of things it was never designed for. Ask me how I know.

Just admit that you will probably never need a fighting knife and the rest of us will leave you alone to enjoy whatever you want.

Best of luck.
Most of the seals and some green berets use the Winkler knife. It's like 400.00 but that's what they use.

Most use the belt knife but some use this one.

http://www.winklerknives.com/knives.asp?id=219

Belt knife
http://www.winklerknives.com/knives.asp?id=206
__________________
Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.

Last edited by tnxdshooter; 12-08-2017 at 04:59 AM.
tnxdshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:55 AM   #11
tnxdshooter
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 170817
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Crossville, TN
Posts: 2,311
Default

For carry knives I use an esee 6 or a tops surv tac 7. I do have a kabar though with the polymer handles and I added rubber washers in the grooves to improve the grip!
__________________
Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.
tnxdshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:06 AM   #12
Disburse-Now
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 79142
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, Lakeland, FL
Posts: 4,319
Default

I own a few select sheath knives - one of my own favorites is the Schrade SCHF9 - an awesome designed knife also.
The Glock Field Knife has intrigued me for some time and I'll likely obtain one soon. Most of my smaller knives are Finnish, or from Sweden, Norway, etc - just google the makers. Many are sold on Amazon and other specialty shops on line.
Disburse-Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:22 AM   #13
4mula
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 183879
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: on my chair
Posts: 7,691
Default

Damm Gerber, SOG and so on, now this is a knife!
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/MT1...luminum-sheath
__________________
5.56 posts per day
4mula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:33 PM   #14
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor
 
Dragynn's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 170546
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Eriador
Posts: 5,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula View Post
Damm Gerber, SOG and so on, now this is a knife!
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/MT1...luminum-sheath
#omgsofuckingghey
__________________
((DB)) Deplorable Basterd brigade #47
Dragynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:25 PM   #15
Classic Rocks
a Crack Whore for his faith
 
AKaholic #: 180683
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Rowlett, TX
Posts: 796
Default

Randall


...if too expensive, give Blackjack a try.
__________________
Create in me a clean heart oh God, and restore a right spirit within me. Cast me Not away from your presence and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me the JOY of my salvation.
Classic Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:30 PM   #16
27hand
Member
 
27hand's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 155165
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: pittsburgh pa
Posts: 143
Default

So, these won't get it in this thread?

2017-10-27_07-01-01 by poofy27, on Flickr

The top 2 were the first knives I was ever given, Cheap probably thrown away or given away. My grandfather gave them to me about 60 years ago.
The top one gutted a doe a week ago. The second one gutted a buck 2 days ago.

The buck is my woods knife.

A Tarani karambit folder is my carry. Cant find that pic. Will add later.

Those top 2 were lost in my garage for decades. The 3rd one was a gift from someone 30+ years ago.
__________________
Opinions are like anal apertures. We all have one, they all stink, but mine.
The more you know of the basics, the more advanced you are
27hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:58 PM   #17
Beaver Hunter
Curio & Relic
 
Beaver Hunter's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 164221
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 2,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1509 View Post
I mean ak bayonet is not something Iím packing in sf, seals,other teir 1 units I know someone got them to pack tomahawks very practical to open someone up and for camp n such . But good knife is a must iv had sog deserts 2 and custom 300$ knifes. I think Iím gonna go with a Ka-bar . Iv found most knifes break
It's KNIVES, not KNIFES
__________________
Tudo o que eu garanto e violencia.

Beaver Hunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 02:37 AM   #18
Stetchkov
Senior Member
 
Stetchkov's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 186466
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 740
Default

Before I dish out $100-140 for a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 does anyone own one and can you recommend this knife or look somewhere else?
Stetchkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:30 AM   #19
Malev
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 64827
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 1,687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stetchkov View Post
Before I dish out $100-140 for a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 does anyone own one and can you recommend this knife or look somewhere else?
I've got a PM2 its okay but I usually find myself throwing a Spydie Salt-1 with serrated edge or Pacific Salt in my pocket. The Salts have the H1 steel and the blades have beefier tips. PM2 maybe a bit faster to open but more expensive, heavier in pocket with the steel liners & g10 handles. You could probably buy 2 salts for the price of a pm2
Malev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:55 PM   #20
Orpheus
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 177936
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Canada.
Posts: 1,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver Hunter View Post
It's KNIVES, not KNIFES
One out of about a dozen grammatical errors.
Orpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 02:22 PM   #21
Malev
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 64827
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 1,687
Default

Here's a comparison PM2, Pacific Salt & Salt

k
Malev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:00 PM   #22
werra
Member
 
werra's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 174432
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 224
Default

I like the Eickhorn KM2000.
__________________
I never met a firearm I didn't like.
werra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:47 PM   #23
ouroboros
Veteran Member
 
ouroboros's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 172555
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: NKY/OH
Posts: 1,279
Default

I like knives... I've sold a lot, but the ones I'm keeping are a Spyderco Tenacious (mostly for opening Amazon packages...)

Fallkniven F1 (my favorite all-around.)

Fallkniven A1 (when I need something big... which is, admittedly, not very often. The F1 usually does it just fine. Usually if I need something bigger than the F1, it's axe, hatchet or machete time.)
ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:44 PM   #24
Brasky
Curio & Relic
 
Brasky's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 187139
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,117
Default

If you need a folding knife check out Ganzo. I have been using a g704 for two years and beating the crap out of it (cutting branches, tightening screws, prying crap open, cutting fruit, etc) and it still works like new. I bought three extras that remain new and untouched because I can't wreck the first one. The lock mechanism is very smooth and opens/shuts fast
Brasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:07 PM   #25
Dezfan
Kalashnikov Fan
 
Dezfan's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 170325
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Remember the Tomahawk 5!
Posts: 3,962
Default

Sanrenmu 9103 and 7010.

Best bang for your buck.
__________________
"MYSTICAL CENTURY HATING AK PURIST / ELITIST WASR OWNER
Dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:21 PM   #26
Longshot725
Patriot
Contributor
 
Longshot725's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 168398
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: 48152
Posts: 5,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
Gerber Strongarm

Has THE best sheath that can be mounted in multiple ways (only takes up 1 column on molle).
I have a Strongarm. It has not seen any rough use yet but good to know that it will stand up to most any task.

__________________
μολών λαβέ

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government."
-Thomas Paine-

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMor View Post
...Go to hell. Enjoy the ban. Get tapeworm.

Last edited by Longshot725; 12-25-2017 at 08:56 PM.
Longshot725 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:14 PM   #27
sboone
MAK Attacker
 
AKaholic #: 179556
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wichita ks
Posts: 1,764
Default

I like the glocks field knives, 29.99 shipped from midway. Theyíre cheap and sturdy come fairly sharp. Good to stash for emergencies. For an edc folder I use a CRKT M21 SFG and mini my tighe both with veff serrations. Iíve got a ja ar for a full size but havenít used it for anything more than opening boxes
__________________
"If you pull hard enough, everything is a thong"
-Sun Tzu

ďPeople of Wal-MartĒ- the most dangerous large game in North America

When you speak and spread the truth you become a point of light in darkest day and darkest night
sboone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:19 PM   #28
dArK 47
SA93 Fan Club
Vendor
 
dArK 47's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 167665
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,771
Default

"Probably never need" means at least carry some damn thing for no other reason for that last ditch moment when someone grabs you or it's just come down to that live or die in the bushes or mud someplace. You need to slash or stab enough to make them let go. Bare hands won't free you as quickly as will sharp and pointy metal.

Also, were you to be tangled in something, a couple of quick slashes could free you quicker.

Doesn't need to be a several hundred dollar knife for this purpose, but have something. Look at your fingernails - they are not enough.

And come on - WEIGHT? - What weight? That sharp steel "rates" - drop some other "campy" item versus going without a blade.
dArK 47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:46 AM   #29
Raider80
New Member
 
AKaholic #: 185740
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stetchkov View Post
Before I dish out $100-140 for a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 does anyone own one and can you recommend this knife or look somewhere else?
I have a pm2 in sv30 i picked up from jet on promotion for $85ish. Beautiful knife supper sharp and smooth operating but i put it back in the drawer after i took out a big chip cutting a piease of copper #16 wire at work. I usally carry a delica or endura 4 in vg10 for edc. I have rolled but never chipped or broken tips on these at around $50 on a good day. I tend to abuse my edc but find them eaisy to touch up with the spyderco knife sharppenig sysytem. I like the emerson version best the geometry is nice and easy to depoly weather working or other uses. They do fine making feather sticks, or stiking ferro rod.
Raider80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:31 AM   #30
Barth
Likes Suchkas
 
Barth's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 168359
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: The Free Zone
Posts: 1,902
Cool Spyderco Pacific Salt H1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stetchkov View Post
Before I dish out $100-140 for a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 does anyone own one and can you recommend this knife or look somewhere else?
+1 on Spyderco Pacific Salt H1 @ $77.97
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP9...ck-frn-handles

Or Serrated @ ~$83 (I prefer serrated for seat belts and such)
https://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-C91S...7EA91N7MZ1800E

Last edited by Barth; 12-17-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Barth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:29 PM   #31
rediius
Reconnaissance Section
 
AKaholic #: 177569
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: [Redacted]
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnxdshooter View Post
Most of the seals and some green berets use the Winkler knife [...]
No one who has ever met any quantity of modern SOCOM operators would claim that "most" of them use the same expensive custom personal purchase knife. I've seen lots of the standard issue Ontario, Cold Steel, and Kabar knives, but when it comes to personal preference items, it's every man for himself. When I was younger some of the (normal active duty) brass would chafe at the idea of bringing your personal boots, but ever since my 2013 deployment I've seen personal tents, plate carriers, even personal concealed Glock pistols for some "battlefield interviewers" who were issued rifles because their new job titles were so new that the MTOE couldn't keep up. I can't claim to know what most of the SEAL teams are carrying but it's obvious that they're not a monolithic group in that sense.





Quote:
Originally Posted by dArK 47 View Post
"Probably never need" means at least carry some damn thing ...

[...]

And come on - WEIGHT? - What weight? That sharp steel "rates" - drop some other "campy" item versus going without a blade.
We might be talking about different things. The OP said a good knife like a Kabar is a must have and I disagree with that. None of the through-hikers I've encountered here in the SE US carries one. A fixed blade is just about the last thing you'll need because it doesn't do anything better than smaller folding knives, a poop trowel, or trekking poles, while weighing more than any of them. I've never walked into thorns that I couldn't pull myself out of with gentle hands. I go overkill with the pistol, which I've never needed, so that I don't need a knife for self defense either.

Either way I'd rather carry those items than a fixed bladed full tang knife that doesn't perform as well at anything you need on a through hike (which should resemble a bug out due to moving with a purpose and not stopping long enough to gather wood for a fire). Even though everyone has been very helpful with examples of better knives, I humbly suggest that the OP keeps breaking his knives because he would be better served with a tool actually intended for his abuse.

But, like I also have already mentioned, I have cool knives too. Being Filipino, I recently acquired an M1917 bolo. After the 26th Cavalry had their sabers taken from them in the 1930s, the jungle bayonets were their only remaining issued blades when the Japanese attacked in WW2. The initial horse charges with M1911 pistols were somewhat effective against infantry, and then less so against the Japanese tank reinforcements. It was the end of the US Army Horse Cavalry and horse charges by standard units as they performed delaying tactics until forced either to surrender or revert to guerrilla tactics. If you've ever wondered why in Army slang "bolo" means "to fail," it's because a trooper in this era who couldn't qualify on his rifle had his precious tiny amount of ammunition taken away and given to someone who could shoot, leaving him with just his issue machete.
__________________
WTS: POSP 6x with picatinny attachment, $300 shipped, PM for details and pictures.
rediius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:26 PM   #32
Malev
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 64827
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 1,687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider80 View Post
I have a pm2 in sv30 i picked up from jet on promotion for $85ish. Beautiful knife supper sharp and smooth operating but i put it back in the drawer after i took out a big chip cutting a piease of copper #16 wire at work. I usally carry a delica or endura 4 in vg10 for edc. I have rolled but never chipped or broken tips on these at around $50 on a good day. I tend to abuse my edc but find them eaisy to touch up with the spyderco knife sharppenig sysytem. I like the emerson version best the geometry is nice and easy to depoly weather working or other uses. They do fine making feather sticks, or stiking ferro rod.
[IMG][/IMG]

Did you break the tip on your PM2? That's why i appreciate the H1's thicker rounded tip compared to my pm2 on the right
Malev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:05 PM   #33
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor
 
Dragynn's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 170546
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Eriador
Posts: 5,443
Default

Most of my fixed blades are Ontario, almost impossible to beat Ontario when all things are considered including price.

I also have a kabar or two, couple of Bucks (wife got me the 75th anniversary 119 special in black, gorgeous blade, IMHO everyone who collects knives should have a Buck 119 and a 110, they are an important part of American knife history). Also have a couple of Cold Steels.

My EDC is a kabar mule (old style AUS-8), one brute tough folder, carried it for like 7 years now, holds an edge forever, big enough to gut deer.

Ontario Chimera is my preferred big blade, but for general camping/hunting I have an RD-4 bush which I don't think is made anymore, perfect little fixed blade, lightweight flat-grind full-tang with pretty micarta handles.
__________________
((DB)) Deplorable Basterd brigade #47
Dragynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:35 PM   #34
8Ton
Member
Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 176504
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Massies Mill, Va
Posts: 460
Default

Man my high school didn't let us have no knifes even for tier one operations
8Ton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:57 PM   #35
Disburse-Now
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 79142
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, Lakeland, FL
Posts: 4,319
Default

In case my PM didn't get thru check out British Military vest with pouches in Desert camo (that can be rite dyed) and Spanish green Mil Vest in Keep Shooting. Good Buys and value. Keep in mind these are if one is looking at a vest type set up. These are cheap enough that one could purchase and pick up other types of chest rigs as noted above as well. For instance - I have several chest type rigs - some dedicated to .223 mags and some Chinese and Euro dedicated to AK Mags. Got a LOT of different types.
Disburse-Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The AK FIles