Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Vendor Discussion Forums > K-VAR

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2017, 01:31 PM   #1121
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
Contributor
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 7,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxtj View Post
The pic Cliff posted looks like shallow dimples again, so I'm going to assume it will be similar to the XM55 series rifles. Not that that is a bad thing, I love mine.
I agree, I'm still VERY happy with my SLR107UR that I purchased from the last batch. It shoots and functions as it should be. It's a freakin' awesome little rifle to have. It's just cosmetic with the shallow dimples.. It does not bother me at all.
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:08 PM   #1122
ChilLyWilLy
Member
 
AKaholic #: 185882
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Kansas
Posts: 356
Default

What were the issues with serial # XM models? My FR model has XM # and it has been fine albeit, with a sub 2000 round count.
ChilLyWilLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:32 PM   #1123
wolf762
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 193313
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Show Me State
Posts: 513
Default

If anyone gets the plum and wants to go black instead PM me and I’ll throw in a us palm Black Grip to match . Thanks !
wolf762 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:55 AM   #1124
swolff
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 180730
Join Date: May 2015
Location: SE PA
Posts: 1,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxtj View Post
The pic Cliff posted looks like shallow dimples again, so I'm going to assume it will be similar to the XM55 series rifles. Not that that is a bad thing, I love mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
I agree, I'm still VERY happy with my SLR107UR that I purchased from the last batch. It shoots and functions as it should be. It's a freakin' awesome little rifle to have. It's just cosmetic with the shallow dimples.. It does not bother me at all.
Oh I agree. I have a 107FR and 107UR from XM 55 batch and I love them. Shallow dimples sure, but thats just cosmetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilLyWilLy View Post
What were the issues with serial # XM models? My FR model has XM # and it has been fine albeit, with a sub 2000 round count.
Shallow mag well dimples pressed into the receiver and paint bubbling on some guns. Some of them apparently were not parked before paint
__________________
Looking for Romanian recoil rod #4119 or #119
swolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:10 AM   #1125
ChilLyWilLy
Member
 
AKaholic #: 185882
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Kansas
Posts: 356
Default

Ahhh
ChilLyWilLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:38 AM   #1126
akgunner
Senior Member
 
akgunner's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 161935
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Renton, WA
Posts: 635
Default

After some years on hiatus I finally picked another one of these bad boys up. Love it once again, shallow dimples and all



Shallow dimple in action.


Shallow dimple part 2 and faint stamping.


40 rounder goodness.
akgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:41 AM   #1127
Dave Williams
Curio & Relic
 
Dave Williams's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 163660
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,075
Default

Nice. Now chop that barrel already lol
Dave Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:51 AM   #1128
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
Contributor
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 7,866
Default

Yup! File the Form 1 already! lol..
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:21 AM   #1129
akgunner
Senior Member
 
akgunner's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 161935
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Renton, WA
Posts: 635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
Yup! File the Form 1 already! lol..
Lol. Its on my to do list, tired of drooling over all of your krinks islandfocus2
akgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:09 AM   #1130
INDYK
INDY KALASHNIKOV
 
INDYK's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 149930
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hoosier state
Posts: 2,343
Default

My roll marks are much worse, we all were lookin at the info, lol the old fellas at the shop says " well we can see its from Belgium we have that going for us" The other info was faint to non existent, The Arsenal of lv is very faint.
Doesn't bother me too much, no canting, deep dimples, everything looks square and proper, so far.
covered the noddle with the PBS1 shroud and wiped all the grease off of her.
I looked it over in greater detail while watching the Rifleman last night one thing I did notice.
No target included with the rifle,
They quit doing this ? Am I going to have 12 inch groups?

Im new to Krinks here and found, with the stock folded put my hand next to the front sight block with my wrist sitting against the stock.
My gawd why didn't they design modern folders to fold right?
Im getting waist deep investigating history, etc of these guys and question were these intended to be used unfolded period? Folded in transport?
Is the triangle stock, being a thinner profile, any different than the polymer ?

Last edited by INDYK; 12-16-2017 at 09:56 PM. Reason: can't get right
INDYK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:05 PM   #1131
Houston K-var
Member
 
Houston K-var's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 191613
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: North Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDYK View Post

Im new to Krinks here and found, with the stock folded put my hand next to the front sight block with my wrist sitting against the stock.
My gawd why didn't they design modern folders to fold right?
Im getting waist deep investigating history, etc of these guys and question were these intended to be used unfolded period? Folded in transport?
Is the triangle stock, being a thinner profile, any different than the polymer ?
The stock folds to the left so that they clear the charging handle and ejection port, and so that the user can unfold the stock with their right hand on the firing controls, and quickly shoulder the rifle. Doing it that way was easier that designing a new stock and folding mechanism at the time, and the design has stuck around.
They were never intended to be fired folded, as there is no real reason to fire that way for a sustained period of time. The folding mechanism takes up less space in storage and transport. The triangle folder is slightly slimmer, but is the same length (so it can properly interface on the forward latch), and so will be just as uncomfortable.
__________________
Stopping power isn't a thing.
.45 is not better than 9mm
John Browning would've preferred a Glock.
Houston K-var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:28 PM   #1132
cobra45
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 172197
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Saginaw, Michigan
Posts: 610
Default

One day before they announced this new batch I impulse bought one. Mine is a ba47 guessing 2007 front the first batch of these. It has the original deep dimples and looks great! Cannot wait to her it!
cobra45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:37 AM   #1133
INDYK
INDY KALASHNIKOV
 
INDYK's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 149930
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hoosier state
Posts: 2,343
Default

Update
After the Ahhhhhh yeaaaa !! has settled down
I found that the The " tip " of my Front sight post is slightly bent a few degrees to the right and the rear cover sight sits Juuust a hair to the left. Im taking it out to the range today for a few rounds I will see how it does.
I wouldn't think this will be an issue, and non existent when a dot gets slapped on er.
INDYK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:56 PM   #1134
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
Contributor
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 7,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDYK View Post
Update
After the Ahhhhhh yeaaaa !! has settled down
I found that the The " tip " of my Front sight post is slightly bent a few degrees to the right and the rear cover sight sits Juuust a hair to the left. Im taking it out to the range today for a few rounds I will see how it does.
I wouldn't think this will be an issue, and non existent when a dot gets slapped on er.
You can bend the FS ears back to it's original position by removing the front sight post, put a round metal dowel between the FS post ears and hammer on till you get straighten it out. Worked for me when I purchased a couple of bent FS post ears in MP.

Have fun in the range!
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 05:30 PM   #1135
txice
New Member
 
AKaholic #: 194760
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 17
Default

Can someone explain to me why the factory SBR SLR-107UR is so much more expensive then the 16 inch version? It's the same gun minus the Bulgarian 4pc correct ? Am i missing something ?
txice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 06:54 PM   #1136
atxtj
Member
 
AKaholic #: 164145
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Drip, Texas
Posts: 450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txice View Post
Can someone explain to me why the factory SBR SLR-107UR is so much more expensive then the 16 inch version? It's the same gun minus the Bulgarian 4pc correct ? Am i missing something ?
I believe that Arsenal LV does the chop and removes the restrictor. Other than that there is no difference. I have a factory sbr, and in hindsight I wish i would have saved the the couple bucks and gone the 16" barrel route. You don't save all that much though, if you cannot do the work yourself, so factor that in as well.
atxtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:23 PM   #1137
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
Contributor
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 7,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txice View Post
Can someone explain to me why the factory SBR SLR-107UR is so much more expensive then the 16 inch version? It's the same gun minus the Bulgarian 4pc correct ? Am i missing something ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxtj View Post
I believe that Arsenal LV does the chop and removes the restrictor. Other than that there is no difference. I have a factory sbr, and in hindsight I wish i would have saved the the couple bucks and gone the 16" barrel route. You don't save all that much though, if you cannot do the work yourself, so factor that in as well.
I agree! I too have the factory SLR107UR SBR. At the time when the SLR107UR was in stock several years ago, WA State does not allow you to file a form 1 because of how the new SBR law was written. I had no option but file a form 4 and get a factory SBR. If I'd only knew 6 months down the road that WA States SBR law would be revised so that we would be able to file a form 1, I'd get the 16" barreled 107UR and chop the barrel myself.

Either way, I have no regrets for paying a little more for the factory SBR. It's a beautiful and fun little rifle to shoot! I love mine!

islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:23 AM   #1138
INDYK
INDY KALASHNIKOV
 
INDYK's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 149930
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hoosier state
Posts: 2,343
Default

Zoom in
INDYK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 02:15 PM   #1139
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
Contributor
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 7,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDYK View Post
Zoom in
They look perfectly straight to me.
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #1140
INDYK
INDY KALASHNIKOV
 
INDYK's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 149930
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hoosier state
Posts: 2,343
Default

Na it's certainly canted, might not look so much in the photo. It appears to be just in the tip of the post, Im sure its not enough to effect zero, I didn't get out yesterday but intend to next week to test function and zero.
Not much after I will be adding the Rs302 and another eotech xps.
Then back out for a full day at the range
INDYK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 04:33 PM   #1141
Shinpu
Member
 
AKaholic #: 160938
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: WA, USA
Posts: 345
Default

Island you shoot yours much with that brake? I have one that's similar and it's time to look for something else, it was fun at first but it rattles my teeth.
Shinpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:39 AM   #1142
INDYK
INDY KALASHNIKOV
 
INDYK's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 149930
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hoosier state
Posts: 2,343
Default shot show and the 107 fr

Just got word KVAR has some FRís displayed there at the shot show with 2 furniture options, for sale soon?

Anyone varify.

A potential buyer for my SLR mailed this morning he can get em much cheaper here in a few weeks and backed out of the sale.
INDYK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:20 PM   #1143
Houston K-var
Member
 
Houston K-var's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 191613
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: North Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDYK View Post
Just got word KVAR has some FRís displayed there at the shot show with 2 furniture options, for sale soon?

Anyone varify.

A potential buyer for my SLR mailed this morning he can get em much cheaper here in a few weeks and backed out of the sale.
No New FR models, just some SLR107R rifles with green and tan furniture.

I'm sorry to hear about the buyer backing out, that's super uncool.
__________________
Stopping power isn't a thing.
.45 is not better than 9mm
John Browning would've preferred a Glock.
Houston K-var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:17 PM   #1144
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
Contributor
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 7,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinpu View Post
Island you shoot yours much with that brake? I have one that's similar and it's time to look for something else, it was fun at first but it rattles my teeth.
It's a GREAT brake but it's just freakin' loud! I use foam ear plugs and ear muffs.
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 05:28 PM   #1145
Shinpu
Member
 
AKaholic #: 160938
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: WA, USA
Posts: 345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
It's a GREAT brake but it's just freakin' loud! I use foam ear plugs and ear muffs.
I might look at a Manticore Night Brake, or maybe just a flash hider, something lighter than the 4pc that came on it.
I have a Night Brake on a 107CR and like it a lot
Shinpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 03:11 AM   #1146
Cartel
Veteran Member
 
Cartel's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 164753
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartel View Post
I reserved mine this afternoon. My 104UR is due back from Rifle Dynamics this week. Iíll be sending the 107UR to them as well.
A special thank you to K-Var for allowing me to place the 107UR on layaway. I satisfied the balance a few weeks ago and mailed it out to Rifle Dynamics yesterday. She will be back in 2 months or less. In the meantime, I need to find a 106UR to complete the UR series.



Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
That's a win win!
Indeed!

She returned from surgery this past December.

=

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
I agree! I too have the factory SLR107UR SBR. At the time when the SLR107UR was in stock several years ago, WA State does not allow you to file a form 1 because of how the new SBR law was written. I had no option but file a form 4 and get a factory SBR. If I'd only knew 6 months down the road that WA States SBR law would be revised so that we would be able to file a form 1, I'd get the 16" barreled 107UR and chop the barrel myself.

Either way, I have no regrets for paying a little more for the factory SBR. It's a beautiful and fun little rifle to shoot! I love mine!
Your 107UR is what inspired me to want a plum krink!
Cartel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:50 PM   #1147
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
Contributor
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 7,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartel View Post
A special thank you to K-Var for allowing me to place the 107UR on layaway. I satisfied the balance a few weeks ago and mailed it out to Rifle Dynamics yesterday. She will be back in 2 months or less. In the meantime, I need to find a 106UR to complete the UR series.Indeed!

Your 107UR is what inspired me to want a plum krink!
Your SLR107UR looks badass! And yes, they look much sweeter with the plum furniture!

Yup, to complete the Bulgarian UR series you will need to get the SLR106UR. But, you are still lacking the SAM7SFK (aka) ARM4-SF. You will need the SAM7SFK to complete the Bulgarian "KRINK" series.

My Bulgarian "KRINK" collection!
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:17 PM   #1148
TangoUniform
за мой Автомат Калашникова
Silver Contributor
 
TangoUniform's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 167175
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: K Town, TN
Posts: 10,025
Default

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by chawkpilot
It's the Files...where the overly educated debate the semi-retarded.
Это моя винтовка. Существует много, таких как она, но эта единственная моя!
TangoUniform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:50 PM   #1149
Cartel
Veteran Member
 
Cartel's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 164753
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
Your SLR107UR looks badass! And yes, they look much sweeter with the plum furniture!

Yup, to complete the Bulgarian UR series you will need to get the SLR106UR. But, you are still lacking the SAM7SFK (aka) ARM4-SF. You will need the SAM7SFK to complete the Bulgarian "KRINK" series.

My Bulgarian "KRINK" collection!

Lovely Krink collection! Did you build the SAM7SFK from a pistol? Or is it a factory SBR?
Cartel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:39 PM   #1150
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
Contributor
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 7,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartel View Post
Lovely Krink collection! Did you build the SAM7SFK from a pistol? Or is it a factory SBR?
I converted my SAM7SF rifle to the SFK. I posted a DIY tutorial with plenty of pix.

See link: http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305207
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:03 PM   #1151
swolff
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 180730
Join Date: May 2015
Location: SE PA
Posts: 1,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartel View Post
A special thank you to K-Var for allowing me to place the 107UR on layaway. I satisfied the balance a few weeks ago and mailed it out to Rifle Dynamics yesterday. She will be back in 2 months or less. In the meantime, I need to find a 106UR to complete the UR series.


For a 55 series your gun has the best receiver dimples and manufacturers markings i've seen
__________________
Looking for Romanian recoil rod #4119 or #119
swolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:52 PM   #1152
Cartel
Veteran Member
 
Cartel's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 164753
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
I converted my SAM7SF rifle to the SFK. I posted a DIY tutorial with plenty of pix.

See link: http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305207
Outstanding! I have always enjoyed following your builds and re-read the threads from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swolff View Post
For a 55 series your gun has the best receiver dimples and manufacturers markings i've seen
Are 55 series rifles known for having shallow dimples and faint manufacturer markings? I was under the impression those issues were common among the UR family of rifles. Not a specific series.

Cartel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:51 PM   #1153
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
Contributor
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 7,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartel View Post

That looks badass with all the matching plum furniture and MAG! ^^

Oh, and the cropped photo to chop the skinny barrel too!
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:43 AM   #1154
angryWaiter
Member
 
AKaholic #: 193169
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartel View Post
Outstanding! I have always enjoyed following your builds and re-read the threads from time to time.



Are 55 series rifles known for having shallow dimples and faint manufacturer markings? I was under the impression those issues were common among the UR family of rifles. Not a specific series.

I dig!!! Very nice Cartel
angryWaiter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 03:15 PM   #1155
Cartel
Veteran Member
 
Cartel's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 164753
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
That looks badass with all the matching plum furniture and MAG! ^^

Oh, and the cropped photo to chop the skinny barrel too!
I took several photographs before I mailed out my rifle and that was the photograph the best captures how plum the rifle is.

What are the barrel lengths of your UR rifles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryWaiter View Post
I dig!!! Very nice Cartel
Thank you!

Last edited by Cartel; 04-14-2018 at 02:03 PM.
Cartel is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The AK FIles