Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Shotguns

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM   #36
Rev06
Titanium Member
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 185972

I could see Remington being bought up, then split apart to cherry pick the best brands and assets. (Then the process starts all over again as new managers always try to prove their "value" and managerial acumen.)

I have been forked by them twice in the last ten years, once on a 700 and once on a "Remington" Marlin .357 Mag lever gun. Not again for me. I even try to avoid their Ammo, although the slugger shotgun shells sometimes go on sale.

It could be some time before they feel the pressure tho as Big Green has the marketing power and retail connections to coast on inertia for a longgggg time
Old Today, 02:42 AM   #37
89grand
It's Flat

AKaholic #: 178030

This is my newest Remington. A 1969 870 Wingmaster. Seriously doubt I'll ever own a new one.

89grand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:26 AM   #38
ThirdWatcher

AKaholic #: 45387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev06 View Post
... It could be some time before they feel the pressure tho as Big Green has the marketing power and retail connections to coast on inertia for a longgggg time
Maybe so, but there are a lot of used Remington shotguns out there in the secondary market. Itís pretty hard to wear out a shotgun.
ThirdWatcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:14 PM   #39
MOTOROLANUT
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 187095

Very sweet 89, very sweet.
MOTOROLANUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:41 PM   #40
AllTen

AKaholic #: 181458

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldozer1 View Post
I bought a couple of new Remington shotguns in the last couple of months after avoiding the brand for years, based on what I have been reading on the internet.
My recent experience with mine, nice finish on the metal parts, beautiful wood, smooth, flawless function.
I'm happy with mine.
(One is a high polish blue 870 Police Magnum)

I read your post again and then realized you've already got the same high polish blue 870P.

I sprang for the gun, it's here.

I love the wood, which is nicer than I expected, and the grain is going lengthwise from front to back, so I've got to ask you a question since you've already got the same gun.

I could be wrong, but it looks like somebody rubbed in a coat of Danish oil onto the furniture, because it's got that almost satin sheen like the Danish oil I would use on it. Can you tell if your furniture looks the same way?

French Polish be damned, I'll be rubbing in Danish oil onto this furniture from now on. Well................maybe some Liberon after I get tired of rubbing in the Danish oil.

I've ordered the Rem blued + 2 mag ext. and a "lefty" trigger assembly for it.

There is no rust, but there is the very slightest haze on the metal parts, might be oil that's dried up, plus smudges from handling the gun, but nothing that has started to "bite" into the finish, and so it will get a good cleaning. The gun has sat somewhere for a while.

Last edited by AllTen; Today at 01:59 PM.
AllTen is online now   Reply With Quote