Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Survival and Preparedness

Notices

Old 06-03-2018, 09:30 PM   #36
twoyh
Banned

AKaholic #: 194850

Evil dead, San Andreas.
twoyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:01 PM   #37
PeterGriffin

AKaholic #: 179306

Thanks for the heads up on Bushwick, watched it yesterday and without any spoilers it had several unexpected plot developments...
PeterGriffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:53 PM   #38
HKaltwasser

AKaholic #: 55056

I should of posted links to the sources of the series or movies. If you have another one to add, post a link where we can find it if you can. I've watched 3 or 4 from this list that people posted. Hopefully more to come....good stuff!
HKaltwasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:16 PM   #39
TomJerome

AKaholic #: 183476

Another good one is "Trigger Effect" with Elizabeth Shue, Kyle MacLachlan, and Dermot Mulroney. Lots of layers.
TomJerome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:55 AM   #40
remauto1187
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 176620
Location: INDIANA (formerly Illinois) Cant imagine why I left there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre1989 View Post
Funny but in many ways true ..People being turned to ash .Light so bright you could see though hands etc all this has been document from both comabt and testing on A bombs never mind H bombs ..But the sound effect were off yes

EMP has been know since the first bombs but it is odd that they would add it in the money and for that matter just how many cars etc would be effect as this is just getting into the computer chip age
You must be referring to engine/transmission computers. Dont forget in 1974/75 most autos went to solid state electronic ignition (AKA Transistors) and an EMP would destroy a solid state ignition module which would completely disable the auto. So just because the car is running a carburetor doesnt mean its immune to an EMP.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:00 AM   #41
Rev06
Titanium Member
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 185972

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJerome View Post
Another good one is "Trigger Effect" with Elizabeth Shue, Kyle MacLachlan, and Dermot Mulroney. Lots of layers.
Dang she was a Ho in that film!
Old 06-05-2018, 09:14 PM   #42
TomJerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev06 View Post
Dang she was a Ho in that film!
You're right. I was never much for Elizabeth Shue, but I was drooling through that whole movie. She was gorgeous in that.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:36 PM   #43
TomJerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKaltwasser View Post

Bushwick was excellent. Great action and story. Even though they had to throw in the "ethno-diversity" B.S. -- probably some SJW afterthought to the script -- the following lines were very telling: "We didn't expect so many guns. They're illegal here." Although, an invading force would have easily determined the opposite just by looking at crime statistics, in spite of official firearm restrictions.

The movie illustrates the sobering fear an invader would have of "a rifle behind every blade of grass". They attacked Bushwick because they thought there wouldn't be armed resistance. The movie shows how a population with even just small arms would make things difficult for an invading force, foreign or domestic. It would be a considerable deterrence in any war room deliberation. The very reason the 2nd Amendment was put in place.

I was initially surprised that the movie got generally bad reviews, until I read beyond the title lines and found that the complaints were typical SJW horseshit, such as "it only had white people as the protagonists", and that people of color were stereotypically shown as thugs and criminals. I guess they didn't take a minute to delve into the history of Bushwick to find that it was the hardest hit during the looting and riots of the 1977 New York blackout.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:09 PM   #44
HKaltwasser

Carriers.

Free with Amazon prime, starting it now so not sure if it's any good.

https://www.amazon.com/Carriers-Various/dp/B00DW5IJYE
Old 06-24-2018, 06:14 PM   #45
HKaltwasser

This one is looking good, "How It Ends". Netflix original movie coming July 19th, here's the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNMOqQoogNU
Old 07-07-2018, 12:35 PM   #46
HKaltwasser

Another new one coming. Here's the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrcQhTm2h2I
Old 07-07-2018, 11:45 PM   #47
thearmenian

AKaholic #: 171212

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKaltwasser View Post
Another new one coming. Here's the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrcQhTm2h2I
"The Domestics" is an ok movie. Don't spend any money on it, wait until you can see it for free. Millennials surviving shtf, felt like I watched scenes from The Purge, Book of Eli, Beyond the Thunderdome, War of the Worlds, TWD, etc combined into one.

"The Road" and "28 Days Later" are top of the list for me. "Cherry 2000" was pretty good too. Watched it 30 years ago and still remember every scene.

"These Final Hours" hasn't been mentioned yet, but worth a look.
thearmenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:47 AM   #48
HKaltwasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearmenian View Post
"The Domestics" is an ok movie. Don't spend any money on it, wait until you can see it for free. Millennials surviving shtf, felt like I watched scenes from The Purge, Book of Eli, Beyond the Thunderdome, War of the Worlds, TWD, etc combined into one.

"The Road" and "28 Days Later" are top of the list for me. "Cherry 2000" was pretty good too. Watched it 30 years ago and still remember every scene.

"These Final Hours" hasn't been mentioned yet, but worth a look.
I'll check out "These Final Days", I've seen the other two. I looked for it, are you it isn't "These Final Hours"? I just watched that one, pretty good.

I could see the The Domestics being like that, definitely waiting for free on demand to watch it. "How It Ends" looks pretty promising though.

Last edited by HKaltwasser; 07-08-2018 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 01:14 PM   #49
Disburse-Now
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 79142

Watched the movie " Threads" last night. It was the more realistic of many of these types of movies. Not as entertaining, but more realistic.
The closest this nation came to a similar situation was during the 6 day War between Israel, Egypt and Syria and other allies. Israel had to cross the Suez into Egypt to dig out Soviet supplied anti-aircraft batteries. The Soviet Union assembled airborne forces with the stated intent of dropping those forces onto the Israeli army which had surrounded the belt of Egyptian air defence forces. Nixon warned the Soviets that such a move would be followed by the 82nd Airborne Division being drooped onto the Russian forces. Prior to that the 1969 border war between China and Russia (which let shortly afterwards to the recognition of China by the US) was a close one when the invasion of Western China by the Soviet Union was within 48 hours of happening - preceeded by a tactical nuclear missile barrage by the Russians who had assembled 400 tactical nuclear missiles on the border with China.
Scary stuff ............... now part of history - a history that due to strong leadership by the US thwarted nuclear conflicts.
Disburse-Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:19 PM   #50
FRISKY

AKaholic #: 189295

The Survivor Family - Japan gets hit with an EMP. Probably one of the better movies of that type.
http://www1.newasiantv.co/watch/the-...280.68867.html
FRISKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:10 PM   #51
Cold_Storage
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 162009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJerome View Post
You're right. I was never much for Elizabeth Shue, but I was drooling through that whole movie. She was gorgeous in that.
Yep. A good, fairly realistic SHTF movie AND she is super hot in it. A good watch. I still have it kicking around here on VHS somewhere...
Cold_Storage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:14 AM   #52
Black Blade
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 181106

Watched "How It Ends"on Netflix last night. Pretty decent flick.