Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Optics

Notices

Old 01-25-2018, 05:27 PM   #71
logan09

AKaholic #: 22120

Holosun makes(or same Chinese manufacturer) the red dots for Primary arms.
logan09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:15 PM   #72
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

AKaholic #: 157162

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan09 View Post
Holosun makes(or same Chinese manufacturer) the red dots for Primary arms.
yes, and Lexus is Toyota, but there are still differences..........the rumor is Holosun makes certain sig models such as the Romeo 5, but the holosun glass has way less red reflection (dam near none) in comparison to a romeo 5

In terms of red reflection on the PA blem, theres not a lot by any means, but in the exact same lighting at the exact same angle, the holosun showed [pretty much none whereas the PA showed a little.....by a little, i mean NOTHING that would EVER deter me from getting or using that optric
Sublimeon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 04:17 PM   #73
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Was searching for a video showing Holosuns new greet dots / reticles and came across this one. (not sure why the green in the video is going from dim to bright - possibly the auto setting where it switches from solar to battery)

the real reason im posting this in here though is it shows the red reflection on the glass I was talking about very well, so you can get idea of what to expect with the 510c.........shows both the green and red 510c's at 1:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqO7-_hTXKI
Old 01-27-2018, 06:25 PM   #74
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 176461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimeon24s View Post
yes, and Lexus is Toyota, but there are still differences..........
Explain to me the difference in Lexus and Toyota. There isn’t one

Holosun is leaving everyone in the dust in optics.

Last edited by Stopsign32v; 01-27-2018 at 06:31 PM.
Stopsign32v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:55 PM   #75
Bacon&AlcoholDistributor
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 183128

Quote:
Was searching for a video showing Holosuns new greet dots / reticles and came across this one. (not sure why the green in the video is going from dim to bright - possibly the auto setting where it switches from solar to battery)

the real reason im posting this in here though is it shows the red reflection on the glass I was talking about very well, so you can get idea of what to expect with the 510c.........shows both the green and red 510c's at 1:55

You only see that at the angles where you hardly or ever see the dot/circle. When viewed straight on, like you are suppose to, you don't see that reflection.
Bacon&AlcoholDistributor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:15 PM   #76
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon&AlcoholDistributor View Post
You only see that at the angles where you hardly or ever see the dot/circle. When viewed straight on, like you are suppose to, you don't see that reflection.
Good to know......Since you actually have the thing, I guess to the human eye its different than it appears on camera, as Ive only seen this optic and red reflection in vdeos

But yea, its definitely present on camera when looking through it straight on

Old 01-27-2018, 10:19 PM   #77
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
Explain to me the difference in Lexus and Toyota. There isnít one

Holosun is leaving everyone in the dust in optics.
I was basically saying the Holosun is the Lexus IMO and PA is the Toyota, therefore, the Holosuns are a little more refined with some extra bells n whistles
Old 01-28-2018, 01:13 AM   #78
ddnc
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 174853

Quote:

The green reticle are the new Elite line. I just got one from optics planet as the guy from Holosun told me they have an exclusive deal with them.
I got the HD510c FDE-G which is the Elite in dark earth. With a coupon and gift card it was $235. Itís slated for a Bren CZ 805.
ddnc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 01:51 AM   #79
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
The green reticle are the new Elite line. I just got one from optics planet as the guy from Holosun told me they have an exclusive deal with them.
I got the HD510c FDE-G which is the Elite in dark earth. With a coupon and gift card it was $235. Itís slated for a Bren CZ 805.
Hopefully the Elite is what you got, because I spent about an hour on the phone with them talking to people all the way up to the purchasing manager about that exact optic. I was advised it was the regular FDE 510c but was an exclusive run Holosun made for them. It does have the green reticle but its not marked elite or an actual elite model, so it did not carry the newer elite warranty.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:30 AM   #80
ddnc
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 174853

Quote:
Hopefully the Elite is what you got, because I spent about an hour on the phone with them talking to people all the way up to the purchasing manager about that exact optic. I was advised it was the regular FDE 510c but was an exclusive run Holosun made for them. It does have the green reticle but its not marked elite or an actual elite model, so it did not carry the newer elite warranty.
From OP or Holosun? I spoke with Holosun and they said anything with a green reticle is the elite model as the electronics board is the same. In fact he said other than the reticle color the EB chip is the same between the two. The elite does have a titanium hood and he said the FDE-G did as well. There is an FDE-R and that is pictured on OP’s site and it does not have elite marked on it. The HS guy did say that the FDE-G is an exclusive run for OP and he shipped about 120 of them. They are not listed on the HS website but he assured me it was the same.
I will have to check back with HS about the warranty deal though.
ddnc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:40 AM   #81
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
From OP or Holosun? I spoke with Holosun and they said anything with a green reticle is the elite model as the electronics board is the same. In fact he said other than the reticle color the EB chip is the same between the two. The elite does have a titanium hood and he said the FDE-G did as well. There is an FDE-R and that is pictured on OP’s site and it does not have elite marked on it. The HS guy did say that the FDE-G is an exclusive run for OP and he shipped about 120 of them. They are not listed on the HS website but he assured me it was the same.
I will have to check back with HS about the warranty deal though.
I talked to OP.........went through (3) sales people before finally getting a call back from the purchasing manager (who makes the deals on exclusives with companies such as OPMOD's etc) and he is the one who told me its not an actual elite model, but did have the green reticle. The actual 510c Elites, or Elite series, have the word Elite labeled on them after the model number, which this dude said these did not have............If everything is the same, dont make no dam difference to me if the word elite is there or not, as long as holosun honors the lifetime glass / structure warranty and 10yr LED / illiumination vs the 5yr glass / structure and 3yr LED / illumination on the regular series...........BIG difference in warranty there

OP please update this thread if you find out about the warranty from holosun. If its going to carry the newer Elite warrany, im ready to grab one 510C-FDE-G from OP myself...........curious if the logo on the side has the red dot in the word holosun or the green dot the elites have as well

Last edited by Sublimeon24s; 01-28-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:00 PM   #82
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Nice, it is the Elite

Did you have a chance to look at the reticle in the Sun to see if its easy to pick up? I got my (2) 503GU Elites today but we have cloud cover in my area, so I cant get a bright sunlight idea yet. In Sun with cloud cover, its very easy to pick up. As soon as I can confirm it in bright sun im ordering that 510C also
Old 02-02-2018, 03:04 PM   #83
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

For anyone wondering, here is a less blury shot of the new green reticle........its no where near as vibrant in this pic (color loss from the transfer from phone to computer and resizing) than it is in person.......as you can see, this isnt a glaring sunny day, this is sun with cloud cover

Old 02-02-2018, 04:15 PM   #84
RMiller
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 170327

It's good to see nice mid tier optics.

Join the GOA
RMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 05:09 PM   #85
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Alright so here are my findings with the green reticle so far in a quick test........finally got a break from the cloud cover and saw bright sun outside. Im at work but I ran downstairs to my car as fast as possible to grab the optic.

I had an angle with the sun directly behind me with zero interference (no clouds, trees, etc) and this is what I experienced:

65MOA circle dot is easy enough to pick up on white / very light backgrounds with sun beaming directly behind the optic......the color of the reticle is a light yellow green but you dont have to look for it at all, its still obvious......against bushes, etc the color is much more neon green and jumps out at you, even with the sun gleaming directly behind the optic........spinning around doing a full 360, the 65MOA circle dot was very noticable the entire time being more of a neon green until getting back to the initial starting point of a white object in front of me with the sun directly behind the optic.

The same test with JUST the 2moa dot yielded different results, for my eyes. Starting off looking at a white object with the sun directly behind the optic, it didnt really look like a "green dot".........it looked like a small yellowish / silver reflective spec......coming from the ready position I could still see it but definitely didnt love it, it was NOTHING like the 65MOA circle dot.......doing the same 360 degree spin around, the dot got more vibrant / green and noticeable (not sure id say better than a red dot) until washing out / looking like the yellowish reflective spec when I got back to the starting point of the white object with sun directly behind optic.

hopefully ill get sun tomorrow.....ill have to take my red version of this exact optic out with the green side by side tomorrow to ultimately come to the conclusion of which one I like better ..............as of now, 65MOA circle dot on red or green in bright sunlight is about the same to me (from memory of the red in sunlight) and red gets the edge for sure in just 2moa dot mode

Last edited by Sublimeon24s; 02-02-2018 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:51 PM   #86
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

My greens are going back, my eyes and astagmatism see the reticle worse than the red in anything other then daylight.....was hoping it would be the opposite.....the warranty on these BLOW AWAY the red, makes me nervous to go back to the red but I got no choice
Old 02-12-2018, 10:44 AM   #87
Romy_G

AKaholic #: 195355

The thing I'm paying attention to the most with these is the durability and longevity of the solar panel. At least a couple of the big name optic brands have experimented with solar and abandoned it due to the technology not quite being there yet.
Romy_G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:49 AM   #88
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy_G View Post
The thing I'm paying attention to the most with these is the durability and longevity of the solar panel. At least a couple of the big name optic brands have experimented with solar and abandoned it due to the technology not quite being there yet.
IMO, id buy this optic based on it being another reflex sight option similar to eotech but with much better battery life. Woudlnt worry about the solar panel at all, i think the whole solar panel thing is kinda tacky......usefull to some? sure.......but to me its like red dots with built in lasers
Old 02-12-2018, 10:51 AM   #89
Romy_G

AKaholic #: 195355

Quote:
IMO, id buy this optic based on it being another reflex sight option similar to eotech but with much better battery life. Woudlnt worry about the solar panel at all, i think the whole solar panel thing is kinda tacky......usefull to some? sure.......but to me its like red dots with built in lasers
PM headed your way.
Romy_G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #90
plastikman47

AKaholic #: 188391

Has anyone used one of the PA magnifiers (like the 3x LER) with this? If so, which flip mount did you use?
plastikman47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:21 PM   #91
burninglegs
Where we go one we go all

AKaholic #: 183372

Is Botach the best price on these currently? I see they have them listed for $299 with a 'make an offer' option. I am tempted to give one of these a try if I can get it for around $200.
burninglegs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:04 PM   #92
Bacon&AlcoholDistributor
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 183128

^
I've seen them on Ebay as low as $200-210.
Bacon&AlcoholDistributor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:12 PM   #93
burninglegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon&AlcoholDistributor View Post
^
I've seen them on Ebay as low as $200-210.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out on eBay. Right now there cheapest price is $259. I'd rather pay closer to $200. I'll keep looking.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:39 PM   #94
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

botach responded to my quote request for $240............I too am waiting to find a new one of these for around $215 or so and then ill jump on it
Old 02-28-2018, 04:15 PM   #95
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Bought one for $225 from a small company with no website that just deals on gunbroker. I already purchased (2) holosun 503gu's from them in the past so I know they are g2g, but yea, its a very weird buying experience. Either mail in a check or money order or fill out a very vague credit card form that doesnt even have the item you are buying listed, you just put it in the notes at the price you were told and hope thats what happens lol

Ive searched high and low and these are no where to be found cheaper than that at the present time.

If anyone wants the info shoot me a quick PM.

Last edited by Sublimeon24s; 02-28-2018 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:08 AM   #96
burninglegs

Another good review.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:07 AM   #97
RedBarn

AKaholic #: 195566

Thanks for posting....the 510 is next on my list for optics. Planning on it going atop the FX-9 I just got.
RedBarn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 05:27 PM   #98
wolf762

AKaholic #: 193313

How many picatinny rail sections does the sight clamp on too ? I have a b19n on the way and it has just 4 slots .
wolf762 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 05:29 PM   #99
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Finally got the dam tracking # for mine
Old 03-08-2018, 06:14 PM   #100
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Mine came in today.......Nice ass optic for sure, feels very durable and the glass is very nice with minimal tint

EDIT: wont get a chance to shoot with it until this weekend but after messing with it all night I LOVE this optic. For my eyes / mild astigmatism, this reticle is laser sharp

Last edited by Sublimeon24s; 03-08-2018 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:33 AM   #101
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

perfect sun beaming morning here, not a cloud in the sky. Just had a chance to do the "parking lot walk around" with the optic in hand. Crystal clear outdoors, daylight bright on the highest setting like my 503GU (aiming into the sun on a white background)........no red glare really at all which was a concern of mine. Like someone else mentioned in this thread, the only time the red bars show up across the upper and lower portion of the glass is in positions you will most likely not be shooting from too often. Ive only noticed it aiming down toward the ground so far
Old 03-09-2018, 01:29 PM   #102
burninglegs

Thanks Sublimeon24s for the initial report. Happy to see all the positive comments about it. I'm still considering getting one. Just a few other things higher up on the priority list to get before it.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:59 PM   #103
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninglegs View Post
Thanks Sublimeon24s for the initial report. Happy to see all the positive comments about it. I'm still considering getting one. Just a few other things higher up on the priority list to get before it.
instantly has become my fav optic so far (as long as it works as I expect it to)........wish I could put one on my M92 but it would be too tall for that application.........Might replace my Attero bravo mount / Holoson 503GU setup with the railed Attero mount and another 510C on my SLR 95

When I build my AK pistol, the 510c is definitely going to be the optic of choice
Old 03-14-2018, 11:05 AM   #104
RedBarn

AKaholic #: 195566

PM incoming Sublimeon...................

Anyone else know of any current deals on a 510C? Everything I'm seeing is right around $300.
RedBarn is online now   Reply With Quote