Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Old 04-18-2018, 01:39 PM   #106
Alderleet
Memetic Warfare Group

AKaholic #: 162042

Why tho?

2019 is bringing in the Diesel from Toyota.

Hilux > Any stateside diesel offerings.

https://auto-trends.net/2019-toyota-...ux-u-s-market/

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth
Not every Muslim is a Terrorist, but almost every Terrorist, is a Muslim.
Alderleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 02:01 PM   #107
Johnny Gunz

AKaholic #: 182412

The Tacoma is not a full-sized truck by any means. I think a diesel version of the Tacoma/hi-lux would be cool, but Toyota also prices their stuff crazy high. And the gas engines are already good and long lasting, just get sorry MPG for what they are.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:47 PM   #108
SAIGA 5.45
Old Dirty Bastard of the Files

AKaholic #: 174648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Gunz View Post
The Tacoma is not a full-sized truck by any means. I think a diesel version of the Tacoma/hi-lux would be cool, but Toyota also prices their stuff crazy high. And the gas engines are already good and long lasting, just get sorry MPG for what they are.
The old diesel landcruisers fetch anywhere from 18k to 30k dependent on mileage.

It would be cool as hell.

I wouldn't mind a Hilux Serf myself.

https://www.cardealpage.com/toyota/hilux%20surf/

Just patiently waiting for the 25 year age on the car to be up.

I should be back in Jacksonville, putting my spicy man meat into a mother/daughter sandwich, that's what I want- Ashley J. Williams

This is the files, leave your purse at the fucking door.
SAIGA 5.45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:48 PM   #109
Thunderhorse
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 172770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
I'm curious how the RAM 1500 sales are doing with the new remodel coming out as well.
They are moving production of the 1500s for 2019, so the new HDs will be built at the old Warren plant instead of Mexico. 2018 will be a bad year for them on paper because its a short model year, and 2019s are already bought on the road-saw one last weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allesennogwat View Post
The newer Tundra's have a traction control switch.

It can be used or can be switched with the air locker switch.
Does it allow the system to be fully disabled? I know most of the "off" switches still allow it to interfere somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Medium View Post
I thought the GM paint peeling issue was from their galvanized body panels in the 90s?

My ranger and mountaineer have fiberglass hoods, my bronco is all steel. In laws 2010 f150 has fiberglass hood and steel tailgate.

I've never seen Ford paint peeling like the GM's did. Fading and bubbles in the clear coat? Yes. Peeling off is a GM and Daimler era Dodge thing.

I'm intrigued to see how well the aluminum trucks age. It was a huge gamble. They still out perform GM Toyota and ram in the crash testing. Like always. See here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NygirwxUotc

Aluminum doesn't "rust" per say, but it will still pit if the paint goes.

Typically a vehicle that is redesigned for a new generation in a year that coincides with a new crash test type will outperform vehicles that were last designed prior to the implementation of the new test.

The others didn't all of a sudden get less safe, the Ford was just designed for small overlap and the others were designed for medium overlap.

Much much safer in an F-150. Ram 1500 was horrid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartizanAK View Post
GM and Chrysler both benefited from our bailouts as did many other corporations which is no bueno. So I guess we just have to use horses and oxen again.
Ford also took money from the government:

https://jalopnik.com/5704575/ford-bm...vernment-money

And Chrysler paid back everything they owed years early.

Let's not tell half-truths here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post
Why tho?

2019 is bringing in the Diesel from Toyota.

Hilux > Any stateside diesel offerings.

https://auto-trends.net/2019-toyota-...ux-u-s-market/
I'll believe it when I see it. Toyota hasn't redesigned their full size since 2007 and a diesel has been a rumor for years.
In reality, most people don't even like freedom. Freedom is hard work. It is hard work to take responsibility for your own goddamn life. Freedom=Responsibility and responsibility is fucking hard for most people
Thunderhorse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:54 PM   #110
cz-75a
Proudly <Censored>

AKaholic #: 3165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Gunz View Post
Tacoma != Hilux. The Tacoma is a wussed-out version of the Hilux sold here without all the heavy-duty goodies.
cz-75a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:11 PM   #111
Aceshigh
Lt Topper

AKaholic #: 5008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post
Ford also took money from the government:

https://jalopnik.com/5704575/ford-bm...vernment-money
Theres no "Half truths" here......

A. Automakers have always gotten cheap LOANS from the Govt in good business standing. .
B. Automakers in BAD business standing got a taxpayer funded BAILOUTS from the Govt

A & B are not the same. So lets not attempt to fudge the lines.
Ford saw the financial storm coming and properly managed their business but was put at a severe disadvantage when the Govt allowed GM & Chrysler to borrow BILLIONS top keep pathetic upper management in place, as well as a giant pension liability.

GM should have been forced to sell , not saved by Taxpayers $$$ keeping to keep that Union pension fund going that was underfunded, and went to Taxpayer liability by a shoddy company.

I was a loyal GM lifer until 2009.....

Quote:
Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort. John F Kennedy 1961
Aceshigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:21 PM   #112
Thunderhorse
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 172770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
Theres no "Half truths" here......

A. Automakers have always gotten cheap LOANS from the Govt in good business standing. .
B. Automakers in BAD business standing got a taxpayer funded BAILOUTS from the Govt

A & B are not the same. So lets not attempt to fudge the lines.
Ford saw the financial storm coming and properly managed their business but was put at a severe disadvantage when the Govt allowed GM & Chrysler to borrow BILLIONS top keep pathetic upper management in place, as well as a giant pension liability.

GM should have been forced to sell , not saved by Taxpayers $$$ keeping to keep that Union pension fund going that was underfunded, and went to Taxpayer liability by a shoddy company.

I was a loyal GM lifer until 2009.....
My point was not in defense of GM, they screwed their pensioners and shareholders, and the taxpayer; my grandma cashed out her stock a couple years before and ended up getting lucky as to when she retired. The statement was raised that Ford didn't take taxpayer dollars when they did. They didn't just ride it all out by themselves.

Chrysler took the money and paid it back.

GM, well...
In reality, most people don't even like freedom. Freedom is hard work. It is hard work to take responsibility for your own goddamn life. Freedom=Responsibility and responsibility is fucking hard for most people
Thunderhorse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:17 PM   #113
Johnny Gunz

AKaholic #: 182412
Default Ford 2018 F150 specs are out

Ford released it's F150 diesel info yesterday. https://www.caranddriver.com/news/20...l-details-news
  • 3.0-liter V-6
  • 250 HP with 440 lb-ft of torque
  • A variable-geometry turbocharger
  • Common-rail direct injection
  • Produced in Fordís Dagenham Engine Plant in the U.K. alongside the Land Rover engine. (It is a very similar engine to the one in the Range Rover Td6 diesel.)
The truck has a 10-speed automatic transmission with a tow rating of 11,400 pounds with a payload capacity of 2020 pounds.