Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Saigas and VEPRs

Notices

Old 04-20-2019, 03:59 PM   #351
Meataxe556
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 160303

By all means, if you guys want to sit on your hands and wait patiently for Csspecs to come through, you're welcome to it. Personally, I'm sick of my Vepr 6.5G gathering dust for lack of normal capacity magazines. Any others anxious to start shooting their 6.5Gs would do well to contact Zastava USA and urge them to move forward with importing both mags and rifles here in the US. More 6.5 G AKs in the US would seem to benefit Csspecs as well.

Competition is good for the consumer, and it looks like Serbia and Zastava are pretty damn serious about chambering their military AKs in 6.5 Grendel:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-serbian-army/
Meataxe556 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:06 AM   #352
flakman

AKaholic #: 190767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meataxe556 View Post
By all means, if you guys want to sit on your hands and wait patiently for Csspecs to come through, you're welcome to it. Personally, I'm sick of my Vepr 6.5G gathering dust for lack of normal capacity magazines. Any others anxious to start shooting their 6.5Gs would do well to contact Zastava USA and urge them to move forward with importing both mags and rifles here in the US. More 6.5 G AKs in the US would seem to benefit Csspecs as well.

Competition is good for the consumer, and it looks like Serbia and Zastava are pretty damn serious about chambering their military AKs in 6.5 Grendel:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-serbian-army/
Ok none of us here says you should sit on our hands, but we also realistic. You tired of your rifle collecting dust? take it out on range, you have OEM magazines. Go and shoot it. All we said that don't expect Serbians will do it and it will fit. I love options. But you have to accept that CSSPECS is sure thing.
flakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:42 AM   #353
Meataxe556
Curio & Relic

P
Quote:
Originally Posted by flakman View Post
Ok none of us here says you should sit on our hands, but we also realistic. You tired of your rifle collecting dust? take it out on range, you have OEM magazines. Go and shoot it. All we said that don't expect Serbians will do it and it will fit. I love options. But you have to accept that CSSPECS is sure thing.

They’ll be a sure thing when they actually produce and market 6.5 G mags. Zastava is actually producing rifles and mags in 6.5 G right now, so who is closer?

Though stocks of 6.5 G Veprs still exist, further importation is sanctioned. So, other than custom jobs, if you want a 6.5 G AK, Zastava is the logical choice. So get on the email and encourage them to import them into the US.

For some reason, you guys want to automatically assume the Serbian mags won’t work in the Vepr — Csspec fanboys, no doubt. 6.5 G is derived directly from 7.62x39 — virtually identical case dimensions. It’s not like going to .308 or 5.56. My surplus Yugo mags work fine in all other AKs. Only Croat mags have a reputation for not fitting other AKs in 7.62x39.

Last edited by Meataxe556; 04-21-2019 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:26 PM   #354
sboone
MAK Attacker

AKaholic #: 179556

Actually 220 russian is derived from 762x39, 6.5G is derived from 220 russian. The taper on 762x39 not tge same as the 6.5G. If it were and if it worked well, 6.5G AK would use 762 mags but they don't. If you want, feel free to load up your AK mags with 6.5 and mod your gun to work with em. Theres more to manufacturing a reliable magazine than saying "its close enough to this lets just copy it". If I'm wrong and you actually make mags then feel free to fire up your production line and make some AK mags that feed and function in 762x39 and 6.5G guns

Baby AK mags, not even full grown yet, get em here
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361671

Quitters accept defeat. Winners use liquid nails.
sboone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 03:08 PM   #355
Bret
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 2857

Quote:
For some reason, you guys want to automatically assume the Serbian mags won’t work in the Vepr — Csspec fanboys, no doubt.
You're the one making an assumption that Serbian 6.5Grendel magazines will work. Reality is that that is not close to a safe assumption given the incompatibility of 5.56x45, 308Win, 7.62x54R, etc. AK type magazines. Very few other than 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 will interchange between rifles. Please don't take offence as I'm genuinely trying to be helpful to you. The fact that you're bringing up 7.62x39 magazines as an indicator that 6.5Grendel magazines should work shows that you don't have the knowledge/experience when it comes to AK magazine compatibility.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:57 PM   #356
flakman

Quote:
P

They’ll be a sure thing when they actually produce and market 6.5 G mags. Zastava is actually producing rifles and mags in 6.5 G right now, so who is closer?

Though stocks of 6.5 G Veprs still exist, further importation is sanctioned. So, other than custom jobs, if you want a 6.5 G AK, Zastava is the logical choice. So get on the email and encourage them to import them into the US.

For some reason, you guys want to automatically assume the Serbian mags won’t work in the Vepr — Csspec fanboys, no doubt. 6.5 G is derived directly from 7.62x39 — virtually identical case dimensions. It’s not like going to .308 or 5.56. My surplus Yugo mags work fine in all other AKs. Only Croat mags have a reputation for not fitting other AKs in 7.62x39.
So who is distributor of their products going to be? did distributor put out advertising that they going to import them? Its not just calling them and asking if they going to make it or anything. There are importation laws that companies have to abide by. . Grendal mags are similar to 7.62x39 and I have two that somewhat work in that rifle but not great.
If you think its easy, please make magazines and we buy them from you. We not fanboys, but they make great magazines and only company that actually makes them from brand that banned. Do you see SGM taking any projects for Vepr rifles or Saiga? no.

I understand you frustrated. But its not like company haven't made any magazines. They made bunch of them for different Vepr rifles.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:05 PM   #357
Meataxe556
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sboone View Post
Actually 220 russian is derived from 762x39, 6.5G is derived from 220 russian. The taper on 762x39 not tge same as the 6.5G. If it were and if it worked well, 6.5G AK would use 762 mags but they don't. If you want, feel free to load up your AK mags with 6.5 and mod your gun to work with em. Theres more to manufacturing a reliable magazine than saying "its close enough to this lets just copy it". If I'm wrong and you actually make mags then feel free to fire up your production line and make some AK mags that feed and function in 762x39 and 6.5G guns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret View Post
You're the one making an assumption that Serbian 6.5Grendel magazines will work. Reality is that that is not close to a safe assumption given the incompatibility of 5.56x45, 308Win, 7.62x54R, etc. AK type magazines. Very few other than 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 will interchange between rifles. Please don't take offence as I'm genuinely trying to be helpful to you. The fact that you're bringing up 7.62x39 magazines as an indicator that 6.5Grendel magazines should work shows that you don't have the knowledge/experience when it comes to AK magazine compatibility.

We've been through this years ago. The Vepr 6.5G will actually feed "fairly reliably" with Tapco 20 round AK magazine. The rounds rattle around inside the mag, but they "can" function. But that's not good enough, certainly not something I'd want to stake my life on -- Tapco mags for a SD rifle. But it speaks to the fact that 6.5 G and 7.62x39 are pretty damn close dimensionally.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...b&action=click

Last edited by Meataxe556; 04-21-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:12 PM   #358
Meataxe556
Curio & Relic

Quote:
So who is distributor of their products going to be? did distributor put out advertising that they going to import them? Its not just calling them and asking if they going to make it or anything. There are importation laws that companies have to abide by. . Grendal mags are similar to 7.62x39 and I have two that somewhat work in that rifle but not great.
If you think its easy, please make magazines and we buy them from you. We not fanboys, but they make great magazines and only company that actually makes them from brand that banned. Do you see SGM taking any projects for Vepr rifles or Saiga? no.

I understand you frustrated. But its not like company haven't made any magazines. They made bunch of them for different Vepr rifles.

Zastava is a well-established company known all over the world. Kudos to them for taking their products' importation and distribution away from Century. Shit, no distributor is going to take a shit on Zastava just because Century Arms was taken out to the picture. If anything, it will make things easier. Their products sell.

If Zastava starts importing 6.5 G AKs along with their other products later this summer, everybody wins, including Csspecs.

It's not that hard to understand. Believe it or not, making the effort to send an email to Zastava USA to encourage them to start importing 6.5 G AKs is in yours and everybody's best interest.

Last edited by Meataxe556; 04-21-2019 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:35 PM   #359
sboone
MAK Attacker

If its so reliable why dont you mod your gun to use the 762 mags then. I see it like 300 BO. It works in X mag, but its not 100% because even though the same basic case is shared, even though the dimensions are somewhat close, they are different. They require different geometry, springs, followers, or maybe all of the above to make it 100%.

And once again theres no guarentee that the yugo 6.5 mags will work in the veprs, or even work well at all if they just import cheap 10rnd mags and say nope to the real mags.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:49 PM   #360
flakman

Quote:
Zastava is a well-established company known all over the world. Kudos to them for taking their products' importation and distribution away from Century. Shit, no distributor is going to take a shit on Zastava just because Century Arms was taken out to the picture. If anything, it will make things easier. Their products sell.

If Zastava starts importing 6.5 G AKs along with their other products later this summer, everybody wins, including Csspecs.

It's not that hard to understand. Believe it or not, making the effort to send an email to Zastava USA to encourage them to start importing 6.5 G AKs is in yours and everybody's best interest.
Again, Zastava can't import without importer. It would be great to have them import stuff. I don't see anyone advertising it. Show me any importer advertising that they going to import it.
So the only company that have most chances of having great magazines is CSSPECS.

Also M13 industries can make magwell adapter for you rifle for 650. If you too impatient to wait.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:53 PM   #361
Meataxe556
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Again, Zastava can't import without importer. It would be great to have them import stuff. I don't see anyone advertising it. Show me any importer advertising that they going to import it.
So the only company that have most chances of having great magazines is CSSPECS.

Also M13 industries can make magwell adapter for you rifle for 650. If you too impatient to wait.

Says right here that Zastava Arms USA IS the sole importer and distributor for Zastava in the US, starting this summer. They're established internationally, they're well known and respected in the US, and their products are in demand.

I swear, if you guys would take you mouths of Csspecs' dick and come up for air once in a while, you might learn something.

Jesus...

https://zastavaarmsusa.com

Last edited by Meataxe556; Yesterday at 12:01 AM.
Old Yesterday, 12:00 AM   #362
Meataxe556
Curio & Relic

Quote:
If its so reliable why dont you mod your gun to use the 762 mags then. I see it like 300 BO. It works in X mag, but its not 100% because even though the same basic case is shared, even though the dimensions are somewhat close, they are different. They require different geometry, springs, followers, or maybe all of the above to make it 100%.

And once again theres no guarentee that the yugo 6.5 mags will work in the veprs, or even work well at all if they just import cheap 10rnd mags and say nope to the real mags.

So, reading (and general) comprehension was never your forte, huh?

Never mind, go on back to jerking off Csspecs.
Old Yesterday, 04:05 PM   #363
sboone
MAK Attacker

Quote:
So, reading (and general) comprehension was never your forte, huh?

Never mind, go on back to jerking off Csspecs.
No I get it just fine. I would love more options in the market, every one would, we agree on that.

I also get this

1. Your impatient, and you are throwing a bit of a fit, not teenage girl "I wanna go to a party and you wont let me" level, but solid 3 y.o. didnt get the candy they wanted from mom and asked dad and dad said "maybe later" level.

2. You havent manufactured much, and now your trying to divert the fact that even though 6.5G is similar 762x39, they dont share mags well, unless your in Mexico and you need your 6.5G mag to double as a maraca more than you need it to feed ammo into a gun

3. Just because 6.5G and 762x39 are similar and 762x39 mags work (mostly) in every other 762 AK doe not mean that a 6.5G mag for gun A will even be close to working in gun B and based on other AK chamberings, they likely will not.

4. How many things at shot show just in the last 5 years are not gonna happen for us here in the U.S. Atrax being a great example. So dont count on zastava until there are guns stateside, on shelves, with price tags.

5. If im paid in M77 25 round mags, damn it I may trade some self respect for a handy so if you wanna judge me you can come to my van down by the river and do it in person, I wont judge you for judging me, hell I'll even let you watch if you pay $$

Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM   #364
Meataxe556
Curio & Relic

Quote:
No I get it just fine. I would love more options in the market, every one would, we agree on that.

I also get this

1. Your impatient, and you are throwing a bit of a fit, not teenage girl "I wanna go to a party and you wont let me" level, but solid 3 y.o. didnt get the candy they wanted from mom and asked dad and dad said "maybe later" level.

2. You havent manufactured much, and now your trying to divert the fact that even though 6.5G is similar 762x39, they dont share mags well, unless your in Mexico and you need your 6.5G mag to double as a maraca more than you need it to feed ammo into a gun

3. Just because 6.5G and 762x39 are similar and 762x39 mags work (mostly) in every other 762 AK doe not mean that a 6.5G mag for gun A will even be close to working in gun B and based on other AK chamberings, they likely will not.

4. How many things at shot show just in the last 5 years are not gonna happen for us here in the U.S. Atrax being a great example. So dont count on zastava until there are guns stateside, on shelves, with price tags.

5. If im paid in M77 25 round mags, damn it I may trade some self respect for a handy so if you wanna judge me you can come to my van down by the river and do it in person, I wont judge you for judging me, hell I'll even let you watch if you pay $$

My advice: give "the genius" a rest and let your "Little Mary Five Fingers" and "Rosy Palm" do the walking on the internet, and send Zastava USA an email encouraging them to import semi-auto versions of their 6.5G AK -- that is, if you really do want more options in the market. It's well worth the small effort on your part to let Zastava know there's interest in that caliber.

A few months ago, when Zastava Arms USA was first announced, I emailed them about this, but didn't hear back from them. Now, they're responding to me with multiple emails, so it appears that they are actually listening and considering importation in 6.5 Grendel. Keep it going.
Old Yesterday, 10:22 PM   #365
csspecs
Spam bot
Vendor

AKaholic #: 157229

Yes please contact Zastava about their 6.5grendel rifles. When I asked they seemed a little unsure.

More possible rifles to sell mags for is a good thing in my book... Plus the odds of zastava magazines fitting a vepr is like 0%.. So I'm not too worried about lost sales.

Last edited by csspecs; Today at 12:44 PM.
csspecs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:03 PM   #366
Meataxe556
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by csspecs View Post
Yes please contact Zastava about their 6.5grendel rifles. When I asked they seemed a little unsure.

More possible rifles to sell mags for is a good thing in my book... Plus the odds of zastava magazines fitting a vepr is like 0%.. So I'm not too worried about lost sales.
Yep, more 6.5G AKs is a win for everybody, especially since there are only a finite number of 6.5 Veprs in the country as long as the sanctions exist.

Of course, if Vepr and Zastava mags were interchangeable that would be better for the consumer, but as long as 922r is in effect, there will always be a demand for good US made AK magazines, especially in non standard calibers.