Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Shotguns

Notices

Old 06-11-2018, 11:56 PM   #1
jeeab

AKaholic #: 176595
Question Saiga 12 irons help?

Hey everyone. So my dad got this bubba'd Saiga 12 a while back. It's safe to say that the gunsmith that did it, is not working there anymore.

The conversion was done with one of the Carolina Shooters Supply kit. For some reason, the guy stripped the irons off of the gun so that he could put a fugly quadrail and a crappy Bushnell Holo on it.

It looks like it has a rear dovetail and some weird thing going on up front. I have pictures attached. I just can't make sense of the front.

Anyone know where I can get some replacement Irons that are in stock? I want to either get the factory irons or really anything at this point. Just something not UTG quality preferably. I'm trying to take that quad rail off.

Thanks in advance everyone

jeeab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:32 AM   #2
Deerhurst

AKaholic #: 195346

The Bushnell holosight is supposed to be pretty good. I wish I snagged one before they stopped making them.

The front looks like a set screw in the front sight hole. Also looks like you have an auto plug. Keep that.

You should just have to drift a rear in.

Check saigastock and CSS for sights. Maybe ask over on the Saiga 12 forums too.

Should be a little ball thing on the front and the rear was likely just a V style. Front handles elevation and rear handles windage.
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:01 AM   #3
ElHuron

AKaholic #: 179699

That rear dovetail looks like it was milled or filed off. I doubt you will be able to use the original rear sight
ElHuron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:36 AM   #4
Imprezah

AKaholic #: 182620

Good excuse to do a full rsb fan conversion with parts from Dinzag
Imprezah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:39 AM   #5
pimpmastak76

AKaholic #: 160393

That front threaded stud is for the adjustable sight rail. Your Saiga 12 is an IZ-108. They aren't as common as the IZ-109. I believe there were replacement rails available somewhere, but you would need a few other parts to go with it (adjuster dial and spring). I used to have an IZ-108 and regret getting rid of it. It ran anything right out of the box. Does your barrel happen to measure less than 18 inches by chance? A number of them were imported with sub-18 inch barrels and had to have the chokes tack welded on to them.
pimpmastak76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:58 AM   #6
jeeab

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpmastak76 View Post
That front threaded stud is for the adjustable sight rail. Your Saiga 12 is an IZ-108. They aren't as common as the IZ-109. I believe there were replacement rails available somewhere, but you would need a few other parts to go with it (adjuster dial and spring). I used to have an IZ-108 and regret getting rid of it. It ran anything right out of the box. Does your barrel happen to measure less than 18 inches by chance? A number of them were imported with sub-18 inch barrels and had to have the chokes tack welded on to them.
Sure does have a >18 barrel with a welded choke. I always thought the hackjob Gunsmith did that! Thanks for the info
Old 06-14-2018, 02:00 AM   #7
jeeab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprezah View Post
Good excuse to do a full rsb fan conversion with parts from Dinzag
Hmm, I went to the website and didn't see a price. I will look into it more. I am not much of an AK smith, is it fairly intuitive to swap out the rsb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElHuron View Post
That rear dovetail looks like it was milled or filed off. I doubt you will be able to use the original rear sight
Shoot, I hope it's still usable. I have no clue why the gunsmith would do that...