Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-74s

Notices

Old 03-22-2018, 06:59 PM   #106
1biggun
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 6541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfrinn View Post
Good fucking god. Is this mentally deficient imbecile trying to turn yet another fucking thread into another fucking 5.56 vs 5.45 bleat fest? Holy shit dude, for once in your life keep your mouth shut. We get it already. you hate 5.45x39 and believe AKs are inferior because they do not have your ideal for a mounting system. Go to AR15.com and cry about it with the rest of the candy asses.
Candy ass?? Hmmmm read your post you whiny bitch. Who is crying about a post ????

No its me saying the ak 74 is a great gun and if it had great ammo it would be better.
Nothing about 223 being better the point was my accurate rifles would still be accurate with a simular 5.45 barrel if ammo was any good or better.
Same as any 7.62 or any other caliburs.
Not my problem your ass hurt about your weapon choice or the fact it's the least accurate round likely known to man.
A smart person takes stock as to what his rifle can and can not do. Not be a little bitch because it's abilities are discussed.

If your spending good money to install a optic and mount to allow more precise shooting then obviously people must care if they hit what they aim at. The discussion is about what works and why. Something your clueless about.
Using my mount or any others won't likely make a shits worth of differance with a red dot in 5.45 x39.
You could duct tape it on it won't really matter if the ammo is not up to the task.

If your spending much to do this don't expect much from the ammo.

It's not about 223 being more accurate that's a established fact . So is about every other rifle round commercialy made .
Get over it .

You can hang all the earing's on a pig you want it's still a pig.

Now go back to jerking off to what ever Russian furniture and other dumb shit is on your rifle that fixes nothing but your ego.

No hate for 5.45 I would love to see ammo that is suitable for a modern rifle.

Spending a bunch of money for quality optics with high expectations of accuracy is akin to adding a wing and 19" z rated tires to a Geo Metro. It's a looks thing with little gain.
1biggun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:13 PM   #107
Returned
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 189425

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
Candy ass?? Hmmmm read your post you whiny bitch. Who is crying about a post ????

No its me saying the ak 74 is a great gun and if it had great ammo it would be better.
Nothing about 223 being better the point was my accurate rifles would still be accurate with a simular 5.45 barrel if ammo was any good or better.
Same as any 7.62 or any other caliburs.
Not my problem your ass hurt about your weapon choice or the fact it's the least accurate round likely known to man.
A smart person takes stock as to what his rifle can and can not do. Not be a little bitch because it's abilities are discussed.

If your spending good money to install a optic and mount to allow more precise shooting then obviously people must care if they hit what they aim at. The discussion is about what works and why. Something your clueless about.
Using my mount or any others won't likely make a shits worth of differance with a red dot in 5.45 x39.
You could duct tape it on it won't really matter if the ammo is not up to the task.

If your spending much to do this don't expect much from the ammo.

It's not about 223 being more accurate that's a established fact . So is about every other rifle round commercialy made .
Get over it .

You can hang all the earing's on a pig you want it's still a pig.

Now go back to jerking off to what ever Russian furniture and other dumb shit is on your rifle that fixes nothing but your ego.

No hate for 5.45 I would love to see ammo that is suitable for a modern rifle.

Spending a bunch of money for quality optics with high expectations of accuracy is akin to adding a wing and 19" z rated tires to a Geo Metro. It's a looks thing with little gain.
One of these days one would dream we could actually see what 5,45 became over the decades because I doubt it hasn't been improved. It would be like us still using the same nasty powder and bullet from the 'nam era in our issue M4s.

Dies irę, dies illa, dies tribulationis et angustię, dies calamitatis et miserię, dies tenebrarum et caliginis, dies nebulę et turbinis, dies tubę et clangoris super civitates munitas et super angulos excelsos
Returned is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:42 PM   #108
1biggun
Curio & Relic

If good brass and bullets were avaliable.
The 5.45 could be one of the more accurate rounds .

I had the dies and all that the round can be pretty good in a stock barrel. I messed with a few tantals.

I'm not blind to the good things these rifles have.
Light weight, low recoil good case length to mag length so high BC bullets can be seated out. A good taper for reliability.
Modern powders help
Old 03-23-2018, 08:17 AM   #109
wade2big

AKaholic #: 188836

A 74 with a rs regulate or MI mount topped with a red dot will allow a decent shooter to bang 10” steel plates at 400 yards with ease. You can use surplus or commercial ammo as it wont make any difference. Neither will a “superior” mounting system. We arent talking long range here. I get what 1biggun is saying but I dont think that his every gun should be a sniper rifle applies to AK carbines at all. There is a reason there isnt any precision ammo for these rifles. They arent made for precision shooting. If all the changes that 1biggun calls for were made then guess what, you no longer have an AK in your hands. I do admire his creativism though.

Last edited by wade2big; 03-23-2018 at 08:27 AM.
wade2big is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 11:02 AM   #110
HairTrigger
Contributor

AKaholic #: 164970

And all this time i thought i was pissing in high cotton with my POSP. Still think it's the best option for muti rifle use. It has all the proper chevons/rangefinder/bullet drop/ variable zoom. I never had a problem with a improperly installed rail. Oh and by-the way ak platforms are designed for accuracy by volume.
Old 03-24-2018, 12:19 PM   #111
1biggun
Curio & Relic

What the AK was designed as and for and what you have are two very differant things.
You don't have full auto and your chances of shooting one un combat let alone in defense are slim.

Perhaps focus on what you actualy do with it as in shoot AT something be it a target, object or animal and maintain its ability for imagined SHTF fantasy as well.
As long as reliability is maintained and your not giving g up any thing accuracy is a improvement on ANY rifle.

Having consistant factory ammo won't make the AK 74 a lesser rufle. It might show who can shoot and who can't however.

You get one shot per pull of the trigger this means aiming is more important and hitting on the first shot is also.

It seems AK 74 shooters more than any group down play shooting skills and accuracy and regurgitat the same it's a battle rifle it's not made to be accuarte.
Fact is you have a semi auto generaly with a crap trigger and the least accurate factory ammo on the planet .
Wanting better accuracy is not a crime.
Want to modernist the AK 47 then start with the stuff that does the work as on the ammo.

Not saying it needs to be a sniper rifle but expecting a small bore higher BC high velocity round to be reasonably accurate is not hog wash.
This rifle could be 1" moa of better constantly and not give up a Damn thing.
You have a round with 500 yard accuracy potential on smaller targets would be nice if someone made some consistant ammo for it.

Just because a mount or rail is the easiest to install dosent make it better .

I have never been attacked by a steel plate.
Old 03-24-2018, 12:27 PM   #112
wade2big

AKaholic #: 188836

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
What the AK was designed as and for and what you have are two very differant things.
You don't have full auto and your chances of shooting one un combat let alone in defense are slim.

Perhaps focus on what you actualy do with it as in shoot AT something be it a target, object or animal and maintain its ability for imagined SHTF fantasy as well.
As long as reliability is maintained and your not giving g up any thing accuracy is a improvement on ANY rifle.

Having consistant factory ammo won't make the AK 74 a lesser rufle. It might show who can shoot and who can't however.

You get one shot per pull of the trigger this means aiming is more important and hitting on the first shot is also.

It seems AK 74 shooters more than any group down play shooting skills and accuracy and regurgitat the same it's a battle rifle it's not made to be accuarte.
Fact is you have a semi auto generaly with a crap trigger and the least accurate factory ammo on the planet .
Wanting better accuracy is not a crime.
Want to modernist the AK 47 then start with the stuff that does the work as on the ammo.

Not saying it needs to be a sniper rifle but expecting a small bore higher BC high velocity round to be reasonably accurate is not hog wash.
This rifle could be 1" moa of better constantly and not give up a Damn thing.
You have a round with 500 yard accuracy potential on smaller targets would be nice if someone made some consistant ammo for it.

Just because a mount or rail is the easiest to install dosent make it better .

I have never been attacked by a steel plate.
What you said is true. You can put in all that work to make the ak something its not or you can buy a mid tier bolt action with factory ammo for less money and have better results out of the box. Most of us enjoy an ak for what it is. Thats all.
wade2big is online now   Reply With Quote