Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Vendor Discussion Forums > K-VAR

Notices

Old 12-06-2017, 01:31 PM   #1121
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee

AKaholic #: 159575

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxtj View Post
The pic Cliff posted looks like shallow dimples again, so I'm going to assume it will be similar to the XM55 series rifles. Not that that is a bad thing, I love mine.
I agree, I'm still VERY happy with my SLR107UR that I purchased from the last batch. It shoots and functions as it should be. It's a freakin' awesome little rifle to have. It's just cosmetic with the shallow dimples.. It does not bother me at all.
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:08 PM   #1122
ChilLyWilLy

AKaholic #: 185882

What were the issues with serial # XM models? My FR model has XM # and it has been fine albeit, with a sub 2000 round count.
ChilLyWilLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:32 PM   #1123
wolf762

AKaholic #: 193313

If anyone gets the plum and wants to go black instead PM me and I’ll throw in a us palm Black Grip to match . Thanks !
wolf762 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:55 AM   #1124
swolff

AKaholic #: 180730

Quote:
The pic Cliff posted looks like shallow dimples again, so I'm going to assume it will be similar to the XM55 series rifles. Not that that is a bad thing, I love mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
I agree, I'm still VERY happy with my SLR107UR that I purchased from the last batch. It shoots and functions as it should be. It's a freakin' awesome little rifle to have. It's just cosmetic with the shallow dimples.. It does not bother me at all.
Oh I agree. I have a 107FR and 107UR from XM 55 batch and I love them. Shallow dimples sure, but thats just cosmetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilLyWilLy View Post
What were the issues with serial # XM models? My FR model has XM # and it has been fine albeit, with a sub 2000 round count.
Shallow mag well dimples pressed into the receiver and paint bubbling on some guns. Some of them apparently were not parked before paint
Looking for Romanian recoil rod #4119 or #119
swolff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:10 AM   #1125
ChilLyWilLy

AKaholic #: 185882

Ahhh
ChilLyWilLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:38 AM   #1126
akgunner

AKaholic #: 161935

After some years on hiatus I finally picked another one of these bad boys up. Love it once again, shallow dimples and all

Shallow dimple in action.

Shallow dimple part 2 and faint stamping.

40 rounder goodness.
akgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:41 AM   #1127
Dave Williams
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 163660

Nice. Now chop that barrel already lol
Dave Williams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:51 AM   #1128
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee

Yup! File the Form 1 already! lol..
Old 12-12-2017, 10:21 AM   #1129
akgunner

AKaholic #: 161935

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
Yup! File the Form 1 already! lol..
Lol. Its on my to do list, tired of drooling over all of your krinks islandfocus2
akgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:09 AM   #1130
INDYK
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 149930
Location: In the corn..... Row 5 "EXP feed Corn" East drive row 10 , 711 100,000

My roll marks are much worse, we all were lookin at the info, lol the old fellas at the shop says " well we can see its from Belgium we have that going for us" The other info was faint to non existent, The Arsenal of lv is very faint.
Doesn't bother me too much, no canting, deep dimples, everything looks square and proper, so far.
covered the noddle with the PBS1 shroud and wiped all the grease off of her.
I looked it over in greater detail while watching the Rifleman last night one thing I did notice.

No U.S. Stamping on the plum anywhere.
oh? is there a vat of plum polymer about to be poured into mag molds?!

No target included with the rifle,
They quit doing this ? Am I going to have 12 inch groups?

Im new to Krinks here and found, with the stock folded put my hand next to the front sight block with my wrist sitting against the stock.
My gawd why didn't they design modern folders to fold right?
Im getting waist deep investigating history, etc of these guys and question were these intended to be used unfolded period? Folded in transport?
Is the triangle stock, being a thinner profile, any different than the polymer ?

Last edited by INDYK; 12-13-2017 at 11:14 AM. Reason: can't get right
INDYK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:05 PM   #1131
Houston K-var

AKaholic #: 191613

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDYK View Post

Im new to Krinks here and found, with the stock folded put my hand next to the front sight block with my wrist sitting against the stock.
My gawd why didn't they design modern folders to fold right?
Im getting waist deep investigating history, etc of these guys and question were these intended to be used unfolded period? Folded in transport?
Is the triangle stock, being a thinner profile, any different than the polymer ?
The stock folds to the left so that they clear the charging handle and ejection port, and so that the user can unfold the stock with their right hand on the firing controls, and quickly shoulder the rifle. Doing it that way was easier that designing a new stock and folding mechanism at the time, and the design has stuck around.
They were never intended to be fired folded, as there is no real reason to fire that way for a sustained period of time. The folding mechanism takes up less space in storage and transport. The triangle folder is slightly slimmer, but is the same length (so it can properly interface on the forward latch), and so will be just as uncomfortable.
Houston K-var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:28 PM   #1132
cobra45

AKaholic #: 172197

One day before they announced this new batch I impulse bought one. Mine is a ba47 guessing 2007 front the first batch of these. It has the original deep dimples and looks great! Cannot wait to her it!
cobra45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:37 AM   #1133
INDYK
Curio & Relic

Location: In the corn..... Row 5 "EXP feed Corn" East drive row 10 , 711 100,000

Update
After the Ahhhhhh yeaaaa !! has settled down
I found that the The " tip " of my Front sight post is slightly bent a few degrees to the right and the rear cover sight sits Juuust a hair to the left. Im taking it out to the range today for a few rounds I will see how it does.
I wouldn't think this will be an issue, and non existent when a dot gets slapped on er.
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM   #1134
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee

Quote:
Update
After the Ahhhhhh yeaaaa !! has settled down
I found that the The " tip " of my Front sight post is slightly bent a few degrees to the right and the rear cover sight sits Juuust a hair to the left. Im taking it out to the range today for a few rounds I will see how it does.
I wouldn't think this will be an issue, and non existent when a dot gets slapped on er.
You can bend the FS ears back to it's original position by removing the front sight post, put a round metal dowel between the FS post ears and hammer on till you get straighten it out. Worked for me when I purchased a couple of bent FS post ears in MP.

Have fun in the range!
Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM   #1135
txice

AKaholic #: 194760

Can someone explain to me why the factory SBR SLR-107UR is so much more expensive then the 16 inch version? It's the same gun minus the Bulgarian 4pc correct ? Am i missing something ?
txice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM   #1136
atxtj

AKaholic #: 164145

Quote:
Originally Posted by txice View Post
Can someone explain to me why the factory SBR SLR-107UR is so much more expensive then the 16 inch version? It's the same gun minus the Bulgarian 4pc correct ? Am i missing something ?
I believe that Arsenal LV does the chop and removes the restrictor. Other than that there is no difference. I have a factory sbr, and in hindsight I wish i would have saved the the couple bucks and gone the 16" barrel route. You don't save all that much though, if you cannot do the work yourself, so factor that in as well.
atxtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM   #1137
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by txice View Post
Quote:
I believe that Arsenal LV does the chop and removes the restrictor. Other than that there is no difference. I have a factory sbr, and in hindsight I wish i would have saved the the couple bucks and gone the 16" barrel route. You don't save all that much though, if you cannot do the work yourself, so factor that in as well.
I agree! I too have the factory SLR107UR SBR. At the time when the SLR107UR was in stock several years ago, WA State does not allow you to file a form 1 because of how the new SBR law was written. I had no option but file a form 4 and get a factory SBR. If I'd only knew 6 months down the road that WA States SBR law would be revised so that we would be able to file a form 1, I'd get the 16" barreled 107UR and chop the barrel myself.

Either way, I have no regrets for paying a little more for the factory SBR. It's a beautiful and fun little rifle to shoot! I love mine!

Old Today, 11:23 AM   #1138
INDYK
Curio & Relic

Zoom in
Old Today, 02:15 PM   #1139
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee

Quote:
Zoom in
They look perfectly straight to me.