Old 11-14-2017, 10:56 PM   #141
NMGuy
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 182584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idratherbapickle View Post
Why the Mexico roll mark?

What's so special about these things?
It says Mexico... and there is less of them. If that's important to you. Doesn't mean anything to me, but some will pay more for it.

Same goes for the "LE/Military only" marked ones and such. I personaly could care less but lots of guys think they're cool. It's up to you on that.
NMGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:42 PM   #142
Idratherbapickle

AKaholic #: 193120

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMGuy View Post
It says Mexico... and there is less of them. If that's important to you. Doesn't mean anything to me, but some will pay more for it.

Same goes for the "LE/Military only" marked ones and such. I personaly could care less but lots of guys think they're cool. It's up to you on that.
Yeah I would like to have one that said LE/Military only lol. I'm not so much a fan of it saying Mexico honestly.

What's turned me on to the LWRC is the barrel and BCG. I'm thinking no matter how I look at it my next AR is going to cost a thousand bucks. The LWRC will provide a nicer barrel and BCG. Now, I don't have any experience with this brand. That's why I'm a bit hesitant.
Idratherbapickle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:34 AM   #143
NMGuy
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yeah I would like to have one that said LE/Military only lol. I'm not so much a fan of it saying Mexico honestly.

What's turned me on to the LWRC is the barrel and BCG. I'm thinking no matter how I look at it my next AR is going to cost a thousand bucks. The LWRC will provide a nicer barrel and BCG. Now, I don't have any experience with this brand. That's why I'm a bit hesitant.
I wouldn't hesitate if it's what you want. LWRC is in the same class as Daniel Defense, BCM, LMT, Larue, POF, H&K, Noveske, etc...

They all offer you different things. LWRC is just one of those many "high end" flavors. I personally think their piston guns are where it's at but their DI is a great rifle. It's essentially their IC-SPR rifle without the piston gas system.

They have a new SMG that they've been working on for years now. Some prototypes out and about. Been waiting on it for a long while now. Gunna be pretty sweet. It's kind of neat, the action is different on it for an SMG. The barrel unlocks like a pistol. So if you put a can on it I'm sure it will require a booster. Kind of nice because you may just be able to swap right over from your pistol to your "SMG" without having to put an adapter on the can.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jEWBlWgjWWk

They did a video on one at SHOT a couple years back. LWRC still hasn't released it for commercial sales yet though...
Old 11-15-2017, 01:44 AM   #144
fly
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 157672

Quote:
I've been wanting another AR, I was going to go the stripped colt path, but now I'm in thinking if I should just get one of these. I have a few ideas actually.

1. Stripped Colt

2. Build a lower and add a bravo company upper

3. LWRC

I'm lost... shit
Do both , like i did . Colt & LWRC . You can't go wrong ....

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showth...19#post4324719
=================================
================================

((DB)) #1 SnatchWrecher /'' If it's NOT a Colt it's a Copy ''
fly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 02:25 AM   #145
billydonk
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183419

Quote:
Why the Mexico roll mark?

What's so special about these things?
I just thought 699 shipped was a good price for a 6920.
billydonk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:03 AM   #146
Maxbob
Banned

AKaholic #: 192926

Quote:
Dude... you're clueless. Their proprietary rail pre dates MLok... and 12" vs 15" rail is the stupidest argument ever. THE LWRC WAS MADE FOR A MILITARY CONTRACT. How many military rifles do you see without the front sight attached to the barrel and with 15" handguards? Oh, none? Figured...

Your arguments are the dumbest ever man. Everyone is tired of hearing you trash talk anything you don't claim to own.

And why the fuck is the Ic dI one of the best selling rifles on the market even though nobody wants it because it's a 12" rail? You project your retarded opinion onto EVERYONE ELSE, and assume everyone thinks like you do. Then throw a fit when they don't.

They cost what they cost. The Upper is the most expensive part of the rifle. To build one like they have with anybody's comparable product will cost you damn near just as much.... they're priced accordingly.

Your clueless. The di just came out a couple years ago. M-lok was out before this rifle. The Gun Collective did a video making fun of Lwrc for this. But hey, whatever you think. And $2000 for just an upper is way overpriced. About as much as these new $45,000 trucks. Oh you probly have one of those as well.
Maxbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:06 AM   #147
Maxbob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrobel View Post
don't feed the troll

he'll catch a ban again soon... guy can't control his urge to shit on anything and everything
I do like shitting on guys like you. Lol. Always have
Old 11-15-2017, 10:05 AM   #148
Idratherbapickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxbob View Post
Hell no it’s not a good deal. Lwrc is way overpriced. Uppers are $2000 and $1500 with the 25% off. Just for an upper ??? And that’s even screwing you on aluminum with a 12” rail

And before the NM guy defends 12” rails, they are currently coming out with a 15” on a new model. Their management is clueless. First made a proprietary rail instead of M-lok, that no one wanted. Then a 12” rail no one wanted. About as bad as glocks gen 5 cutout.

I don't understand what your beef is with a 12" rail, care to explain?

Me personally I like 13" rails (not 12), because I like the way they look. I'm gonna slap a vertical foregrip as far aft as I can go anyway, so it doesn't matter if it's a 5" or a 15". Even without the grip I'm still going to hold it very close to Magwell.

I guess it all depends on how you shoot, or how you were trained to shoot. I see a lot of guys with 15" rails on YouTube and they hold it all the way forward. I don't shoot like that.

I'm not going to bash you for not liking something. I hate it when people do that to me. Aside from the scratches yours shipped with, or your personal deelings towards a 12" rail, I would like to know is why you feel the LWRC DI isn't worth a thousand bucks.

I'm not seeing anything comparable as far as features go in the 1k price range honestly.

With that said... I don't need features.

From my perspective I'm seeing a stripped OEM 2 Colt. Now after shipping and transfer that will come in just barely under 700 dollars. Then factor in rail, buttstock, vertical foregrip, trigger guard. I'm looking at about 900 bucks total. Nothing special but durable and reliable.

However, I could build a lower specifically to my taste on the high end of 300, then slap a 900 dollar bravo company upper on top for a grand total of 1200. Again, nothing special but durable and reliable.

But back to features the LWRC provides... ehhh it's night and day. Nickel Boron BCG and FCG, fluted twisted barrel, better than magpul flip up budget sights, ambi lower, and depending on preference cerakote and PRS buttstock. Unless these things have reliability issues, they are offering a whole lot more to the consumer in the 1k price range vs the 2 above.

Will the LWRC be just as reliable and durable? I dont have that answer which is why i havent bought one yet. If I find out they are yeah I'm gonna do it.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:16 AM   #149
Maxbob
Banned

They are worth $1100. Iím saying their piston upper isnít worth 2 grand.

As far as a 12Ē rail, itís not good for mounting a forward grip and bipod. Not enough real estate. If you donít use those, 12Ē is fine. DD has pretty much discontinued the V5 for that reason. No one buys it.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:19 PM   #150
NMGuy
Veteran Member

Reliability is a non issue with anything LWRC.

Their Piston AR's are some of the only ones that will work with steel case .223 without frequent problems.

They eat anything within reason without complaint.

The history of their rifle is based on demand from military for a "reliability enhanced" Carbine. Hence the name "individual Carbine" or "IC" for short. It was part of the individual Carbine program they did a few years back. The program was closed because the government said that up front cost was too high for an improved rifle. Other contenders were the XM8, SCAR16, Remington ACR, etc...

They've been using that proprietary rail for years. It was meant to mount and fire underbarrel attachments. They've offered an MLok rail not long after the DI was released. They offer a replacement on their web store if anyone is inclined to buy an mlok instead. There is nothing wrong with their proprietary rail. They support it well. You get grip panels and their angled grip with the DI. You also get some attachable picatiny rail panels and a QD sling mount to bolt to it. It's a very strong mounting system.

The proprietary mounting system isn't much of a problem if one at all...

Bipod placement is personal preference. The closer you are to the front of the rifle, the more you have to move the ass end of the rifle. May be good or bad depending on what you're doing. Notice most precision rifles till have a lot in front of the bipod.

Pick up a 25lb weight. Or really whatever weight you want. Hold it in to your chest, then with your arm fully extended. The further your hand is from your body the harder your arm is working. Watch competitive shooters who shoot standing precision. Their support hand is straight with no bend in the wrist and it's back under the action in front of the trigger guard. Their elbow will be planted on their side with the arm straight up. Keeping in as close to their body as possible.

The majority of shooters and users are still rocking 7"-9" handguards on their AR15's. Most don't follow market Fad's. IMO you get ripped off with a 15" handguard. That's waisted bulk and weight that could have been put in more vital areas such as your barrel. Barrel steel cost more than handguard aluminum.

Why is a 15" handguard "better", why is the 6.5 creedmoor so "great"? They have to find a way to sell crap. Broadcasting and pushing new market trends makes people buy new crap.

Last edited by NMGuy; 11-15-2017 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:53 PM   #151
fly
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 157672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxypadbob View Post
I do like shitting on guys like you. Lol. Always have
He's Back ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Lmao ......

'===============================================

(( UPDATE 11-16-17 ^^^^^^^^^^))

Gone again ! for a month this time .. Wow , some people just don't learn . And wasn't even back for a week .

Is that an AKFILES record ?

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showth...19#post4324719
=================================

((DB)) #1 SnatchWrecher /'' If it's NOT a Colt it's a Copy ''

Last edited by fly; 11-16-2017 at 02:51 PM.
fly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:17 PM   #152
Idratherbapickle

Quote:

Their Piston AR's are some of the only ones that will work with steel case .223 without frequent problems.

The history of their rifle is based on demand from military for a "reliability enhanced" Carbine. Hence the name "individual Carbine" or "IC" for short. It was part of the individual Carbine program they did a few years back. The program was closed because the government said that up front cost was too high for an improved rifle. Other contenders were the XM8, SCAR16, Remington ACR, etc...

They've been using that proprietary rail for years. It was meant to mount and fire underbarrel attachments. They've offered an MLok rail not long after the DI was released. They offer a replacement on their web store if anyone is inclined to buy an mlok instead. There is nothing wrong with their proprietary rail. They support it well. You get grip panels and their angled grip with the DI. You also get some attachable picatiny rail panels and a QD sling mount to bolt to it. It's a very strong mounting system.

Bipod placement is personal preference. The closer you are to the front of the rifle, the more you have to move the ass end of the rifle. May be good or bad depending on what you're doing. Notice most precision rifles till have a lot in front of the bipod.

Pick up a 25lb weight. Or really whatever weight you want. Hold it in to your chest, then with your arm fully extended. The further your hand is from your body the harder your arm is working. Watch competitive shooters who shoot standing precision. Their support hand is straight with no bend in the wrist and it's back under the action in front of the trigger guard. Their elbow will be planted on their side with the arm straight up. Keeping in as close to their body as possible.

The majority of shooters and users are still rocking 7"-9" handguards on their AR15's. Most don't follow market Fad's. IMO you get ripped off with a 15" handguard. That's waisted bulk and weight that could have been put in more vital areas such as your barrel. Barrel steel cost more than handguard aluminum.

Why is a 15" handguard "better", why is the 6.5 creedmoor so "great"? They have to find a way to sell crap. Broadcasting and pushing new market trends makes people buy new crap.
I'd take a 6.5 Creedmore in a 24" barrel bolt action rifle. I have no use for it in an AR.

I don't really see the point of a 15 inch rail either. I'm not against them I just have no use.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:30 PM   #153
Maxbob
Banned

Quote:

Really. A 15Ē rail is a fad ? Lol. So much more weight and bulk ? Maybe if your a 120 lb dweeb. Keep rocking your 7Ē handgaurd. Looks really tough !
Old 11-15-2017, 05:26 PM   #154
Raiderfan001
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 181229

Some guys need that extra 3" to pleasure their anus I guess. To each their own.
Raiderfan001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:22 PM   #155
Crazyvwobie
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 161035

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxbob View Post
They are worth $1100. Iím saying their piston upper isnít worth 2 grand.

As far as a 12Ē rail, itís not good for mounting a forward grip and bipod. Not enough real estate. If you donít use those, 12Ē is fine. DD has pretty much discontinued the V5 for that reason. No one buys it.
$2k ? you need to learn how to shop,at least 6 times a year they offer 25% off and occasionally doing 40% with their scratch and dent.last year i picked up a brand new m6 a2 upper for $700 dollars with sights ,I put it on an andersen lower and now have a bad ass piston rifle for under $1k. Just recently I scored an Lwrc stripped lower so now it won't be mismatched ,not that I really care.

i guess my shooting style is different ,probably from shooting AK's but i like the shorter rail.
Crazyvwobie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:20 PM   #156
NMGuy
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyvwobie View Post
$2k ? you need to learn how to shop,at least 6 times a year they offer 25% off and occasionally doing 40% with their scratch and dent.last year i picked up a brand new m6 a2 upper for $700 dollars with sights ,I put it on an andersen lower and now have a bad ass piston rifle for under $1k. Just recently I scored an Lwrc stripped lower so now it won't be mismatched ,not that I really care.

i guess my shooting style is different ,probably from shooting AK's but i like the shorter rail.
I got that same A2 upper. CDNN was selling them with or without the iron sights. I paid like $850 for the one with sights. Threw it on a BCM lower groups and had an LWRC rifle for $1200. My brother did the exact same one.

Their A5 sells for $1200 when they have their blemish sale. About $1700 when they have their normal seasonal sale.

I got my IC SPR complete rifle for $1850. Still have the receipt for that one.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:32 PM   #157
burninglegs
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183372

Quote:
I got that same A2 upper. CDNN was selling them with or without the iron sights. I paid like $850 for the one with sights. Threw it on a BCM lower groups and had an LWRC rifle for $1200. My brother did the exact same one.

Their A5 sells for $1200 when they have their blemish sale. About $1700 when they have their normal seasonal sale.

Really wish I had known about that CDNN sale when it was going on. I would have been all over that. Oh well, hopefully next time.
burninglegs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:44 PM   #158
Crazyvwobie
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 161035

Quote:

I bought mine on gunbroker , it was like a year or 2 ago,they were like $700ish and their were quite a few on there if I remember correctly,they started getting up to $850 ,must of been been getting rid of the old stuff. I want a 14.7 IC SPR ,eying a grey one on gunbroker for $1900
Crazyvwobie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:59 PM   #159
NMGuy
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninglegs View Post
Really wish I had known about that CDNN sale when it was going on. I would have been all over that. Oh well, hopefully next time.
It was about a year or more ago. I think almost 2. They were scratch and dent uppers. Mine had 2 small scratches under the anodizing. One by the ejection port and one on the opposite side near the front of the upper.

They run these deals on the LWRC website every now and then. You can nab an A5 Upper with sights for $1250 or so. Which with an LWRC ambi lower would put you at $1700-1800 for a complete A5 rifle.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:50 PM   #160
Idratherbapickle

I've only used regular old M4 and AR-15's what's the advantage of piston. I only know that it's a little cleaner and doesn't run as hot right? I've never looked into it.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:26 PM   #161
NMGuy
Veteran Member

Quote:
I've only used regular old M4 and AR-15's what's the advantage of piston. I only know that it's a little cleaner and doesn't run as hot right? I've never looked into it.
That's about it. It passes harsh condition tests too. LWRC rifles pass the over the beach test. Essentially, you fully submerge the rifle and let it fill with water. Then pull it out and fire immediately. Your regular DI gas system will blow if you do that. They "supposedly" are more reliable in sand and debris tests as well. The piston pushes a little harder than the DI system does. You will feel just a little more recoil on a piston rifle. It's very minor but you can feel it.

I know they're less maintenance from personal experience. The LWRC gas system only requires cleaning every 3,000-4,000 rounds. Maybe 2,000 if you're using it suppressed without the adjustable gas block. The nature of their gas system is that it doesn't accumulate carbon buildup much at all. They call it "self scraping" as it has little grooves in the moving parts that rub against each other scraping off carbon as it cycles. It blows residue and carbon onto the inside of the handguard and outside of barrel, as well as the air. It's more of an "open" gas system vs the sealed gas system of the regular AR15. It naturally just keeps itself from getting very dirty.

IME they also handle a can better than a DI rifle. They're a little louder from that piston venting gas but not noticeably IMO. The can goes on in most cases and an adjustment to the gas system may not even be needed.

The piston is not needed, but IMO it is a positive decision.

Piston is no more or less accurate than DI for those who like to try and bring that up. With match ammo of the bench I get .5"-.75" groups at 100. That's Hornady 75gr BTHP loads.

Piston AR15's also have the benefit of borrowing lots of spare parts from regular AR15's.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k7RPHDKvlOc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H45XIFJurOY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IXLdR1GJErw

Some of the videos are a little old but you get the picture.

Last edited by NMGuy; 11-15-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:02 PM   #162
Maxbob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderfan001 View Post
Some guys need that extra 3" to pleasure their anus I guess. To each their own.
Sounds like you know all about that.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:38 PM   #163
Idratherbapickle

Quote:
That's about it. It passes harsh condition tests too. LWRC rifles pass the over the beach test. Essentially, you fully submerge the rifle and let it fill with water. Then pull it out and fire immediately. Your regular DI gas system will blow if you do that. They "supposedly" are more reliable in sand and debris tests as well. The piston pushes a little harder than the DI system does. You will feel just a little more recoil on a piston rifle. It's very minor but you can feel it.

I know they're less maintenance from personal experience. The LWRC gas system only requires cleaning every 3,000-4,000 rounds. Maybe 2,000 if you're using it suppressed without the adjustable gas block. The nature of their gas system is that it doesn't accumulate carbon buildup much at all. They call it "self scraping" as it has little grooves in the moving parts that rub against each other scraping off carbon as it cycles. It blows residue and carbon onto the inside of the handguard and outside of barrel, as well as the air. It's more of an "open" gas system vs the sealed gas system of the regular AR15. It naturally just keeps itself from getting very dirty.

IME they also handle a can better than a DI rifle. They're a little louder from that piston venting gas but not noticeably IMO. The can goes on in most cases and an adjustment to the gas system may not even be needed.

The piston is not needed, but IMO it is a positive decision.

Piston is no more or less accurate than DI for those who like to try and bring that up. With match ammo of the bench I get .5"-.75" groups at 100. That's Hornady 75gr BTHP loads.

Piston AR15's also have the benefit of borrowing lots of spare parts from regular AR15's.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k7RPHDKvlOc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H45XIFJurOY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IXLdR1GJErw

Some of the videos are a little old but you get the picture.
That actually doesn't sound too bad I guess I'll look into them.