Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 02-15-2017, 04:05 PM   #386
Tankboy
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183589

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakwa View Post

US market = small amount of $ for them.
Especially with how few Century is willing to bring in.
Now if everyone stopped buying Century builds and Ras47's...
lol ikr.
Tankboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:16 PM   #387
deadduck357
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 14612

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFrye904 View Post
Hey guys getting my first look at a Riley ak tonight , this one was purchased by a friend that way we know it wasn't cherry picked and I will have a baseline for when I do the tour. I will also start a new thread where I will post all my reviews.
Pics, pics, pics.
deadduck357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:47 PM   #388
BillyFrye904

AKaholic #: 191421

Posted the review forum. Riley Defense AK47 review
BillyFrye904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:50 AM   #389
BFPUAKM
No information available

AKaholic #: 191073

I personally don't think a mass produced American made akm that is equal to ones built in state owned arsenals in Eastern Europe, Russia or China is ever going to happen. Yes of course it could be done but as others have stated the cost would be far greater than what most people would want to pay. I don't personally see the appeal of it anyway other than the fact that imports have become more and more limited which is sad. We need to get these nanny state laws reversed and get more imports and kits back. People are accepting much less than what the ak is by saying well this or that American made ak is not made in a war factory but that's OK. It's not OK because that's the whole appeal of the rifle or at least it is to me. That and the history. Yes there are some canted sights and finishes that might not be "pretty" but I'll take that over cast bolt carriers with "lightening cuts" any day.
BFPUAKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 02:08 AM   #390
Fjordforder
Indestructible, not invulnerable!

AKaholic #: 175530

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFPUAKM View Post
I personally don't think a mass produced American made akm that is equal to ones built in state owned arsenals in Eastern Europe, Russia or China is ever going to happen. Yes of course it could be done but as others have stated the cost would be far greater than what most people would want to pay. I don't personally see the appeal of it anyway other than the fact that imports have become more and more limited which is sad. We need to get these nanny state laws reversed and get more imports and kits back. People are accepting much less than what the ak is by saying well this or that American made ak is not made in a war factory but that's OK. It's not OK because that's the whole appeal of the rifle or at least it is to me. That and the history. Yes there are some canted sights and finishes that might not be "pretty" but I'll take that over cast bolt carriers with "lightening cuts" any day.
I was trying to explain that to two different people at once last night on a different forum. I doubt either of them fully understood it, both kept bringing up the "Well how many rounds is it reeeeeaaaallllyyyy going to see?" I responded about the same as you have, if I`m buying an AK I`m buying it to act like an AK, not to act like an AR in an AK shell.
Fjordforder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:03 PM   #391
edsinger

AKaholic #: 192057

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineerPE View Post
I am the owner of Riley Defense Inc (Riley) and below is information that will help the reader learn more about Riley and our product. Should you have any questions, please contact us directly (See below) and your input is highly appreciated. On a side note, you can read internet reviews on RILEY’s AR-15 upper receivers to get a glimpse of what some buyers have said.

SNIP

Now to the relevant information about Riley and the RAK47:
RILEY might be a new business but we are not new to the firearm business and our products are solid all the way around. This business is our passion and livelihood, so we take it very seriously and understand that spending your hard earned money is not to be taken for granted. We stand by our products, so purchase with confidence knowing that we will always honor our commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.

EngineerPE - I too am an engineer and I respect you coming in here and doing what you have done. Of course the test will be many things but the most important is the last statement above.

I would have purchased one of your Rifles today but there was no stock in hand. I purchased a Century C39, but rest assured, I plan on getting one unless the reviews go way South. So far from what I have read, including a lot from you directly, I am willing to take that shot on your product.

Actually, I wanted one of the new wood stock ones anyway.

Remember, the name you make will stick a long time....ask Century Arms.

Best of Luck to ya!
Old 04-14-2017, 05:42 PM   #392
Jacobsnc

AKaholic #: 192436

Took a chance and bought a Riley. Will pick up tomorrow and let you know how it works out.
Jacobsnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 05:36 PM   #393
Atlantic Firearms
Curio & Relic
Vendor

AKaholic #: 4032

Jacobsnc , Please let us know what you think about the Riley Defense rifle thus far reports have been positive .
Atlantic Firearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:12 PM   #394
Jacobsnc

Got it yesterday, unpacked and looked it over. So far looks like a good low priced weapon. Didn't find any Riley manual or warranty card etc in the box. Only Atlantic manual. Will clean and hopefully head to the range Tuesday.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:54 PM   #395
EngineerPE

AKaholic #: 190613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobsnc View Post
Got it yesterday, unpacked and looked it over. So far looks like a good low priced weapon. Didn't find any Riley manual or warranty card etc in the box. Only Atlantic manual. Will clean and hopefully head to the range Tuesday.
Thank you for your purchase Jacobsnc. We don't include hard copies of the mentioned documents. we ask (printed on the box) to visit the website and print a copy of the manual and you can register your warranty through the website. We're always available to answer your questions via phone, email, or here on the files.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:50 PM   #396
Jacobsnc

Thanks for the information. Spent more time looking it over and so far I'm very pleased.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:36 PM   #397
Trinite

AKaholic #: 194730

I bought a Riley Defense AK47 about 3 weeks ago. Although I'm not an expert like some on this thread ,all I can say: I was very impress by this AK as was my Ln# Dealer, plus another person in the Shop. So far I'm very happy with it and believe its well made in my point of opinion. Like I said; I'm no expert like some ,but happy to put my 2 cents worth ,giving This Riley Defense rifle I bought good marks. Also Atlantic Firearms for their help in my purchase. All I can say : It looks and works in every way I want it to do for myself .
Trinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:28 PM   #398
GREEK AK

AKaholic #: 172212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinite View Post
I bought a Riley Defense AK47 about 3 weeks ago. Although I'm not an expert like some on this thread ,all I can say: I was very impress by this AK as was my Ln# Dealer, plus another person in the Shop. So far I'm very happy with it and believe its well made in my point of opinion. Like I said; I'm no expert like some ,but happy to put my 2 cents worth ,giving This Riley Defense rifle I bought good marks. Also Atlantic Firearms for their help in my purchase. All I can say : It looks and works in every way I want it to do for myself .
How many rounds through it thus far ? I hit 1k this evening and zero issues thus far. She does not like korean mags , other than that, 100%.
GREEK AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:35 PM   #399
vipergts333
Zeke Shoots

AKaholic #: 155579

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEK AK View Post
How many rounds through it thus far ? I hit 1k this evening and zero issues thus far. She does not like korean mags , other than that, 100%.
Post up some pics of components when you guys can. In January I am going to start into the tactical again for another 5000
vipergts333 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:38 PM   #400
GREEK AK

AKaholic #: 172212

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergts333 View Post
Post up some pics of components when you guys can. In January I am going to start into the tactical again for another 5000
I feel like a retard because I can't figure out how to post pics on these fora. Don't have that problem on other sites. What gives ?
GREEK AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:43 PM   #401
Fjordforder
Indestructible, not invulnerable!

AKaholic #: 175530

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEK AK View Post
I feel like a retard because I can't figure out how to post pics on these fora. Don't have that problem on other sites. What gives ?
1) Imgur.com
2) Hit the green "Upload" button near the top of the screen
3) Choose the pic you want to upload
4) When it`s finished loading, right click on the image and select "Copy image location"
5) In the Advanced reply function, click the little beige square with the grey mountains icon at the top
6) Right click in the text box
7) "Paste image location"
8) Immediately ahead of the file type (.jpg, .png, .gif, etx) add the letter H, otherwise Nalioth will throw one of his famous fits.

THE ENTIRE KIM DYNASTY IS A LONG, LONG LINE OF PUNK ASS BITCHES

Be the Mutant DEVO wants you to be!

7.62x39, 5.45x39, 7.62x51, 7.62x54r, 12x76, 9x19, .22WMR, .45ACP

Fjordforder is online now   Reply With Quote