Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Optics

Notices

Old 07-15-2018, 09:38 PM   #1
dwarfshooter

AKaholic #: 181993
Default Optics Identification Help? (PSL scope)

I have a scope that was on my parts kit FPK Dragunov (PSL). Unfortunately, Bubba had a hold of the base (ground metal down), and thus it won't fit on my actual Cugir built PSL. I'm honestly not 100% sure anything about the scope, other than it seems to be a 6x42, has an illuminated reticle, and a sunshade. The base is removable, I just haven't looked into getting another one yet.

Basically: What's this worth // What is it (real/counterfeit/etc)? Is it even worth selling or keeping and trying to find a base to fit the good PSL?

https://imgur.com/a/wwxLYdR
dwarfshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:40 PM   #2
AK74NOLA
5.45x39 Master Race.

AKaholic #: 193147

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfshooter View Post
I have a scope that was on my parts kit FPK Dragunov (PSL). Unfortunately, Bubba had a hold of the base (ground metal down), and thus it won't fit on my actual Cugir built PSL. I'm honestly not 100% sure anything about the scope, other than it seems to be a 6x42, has an illuminated reticle, and a sunshade. The base is removable, I just haven't looked into getting another one yet.

Basically: What's this worth // What is it (real/counterfeit/etc)? Is it even worth selling or keeping and trying to find a base to fit the good PSL?

https://imgur.com/a/wwxLYdR
Its a Belmo (Belarus) PSOP , they are good optics. They retail around $300-360
AK74NOLA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:50 PM   #3
dwarfshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK74NOLA View Post
Its a Belmo (Belarus) PSOP , they are good optics. They retail around $300-360
So it's not counterfeit? Is there anyway to get another mounting piece since bubba screwed this one up?
Old 07-15-2018, 11:21 PM   #4
AK74NOLA
5.45x39 Master Race.

AKaholic #: 193147

Quote:
So it's not counterfeit? Is there anyway to get another mounting piece since bubba screwed this one up?
No its a real optic, not sure on mount you can search kalinka optics webstore they may have some.
AK74NOLA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:11 PM   #5
KalashnikovCat

AKaholic #: 196734

Quote:
I'm not certain Bubba did anything to this. Make sure the locking lever is out and slide the base onto the dovetail from the rear. The tension may also be too tight. You can press the spring loaded bit in and turn the lock nut on the bottom to loosen or tighten it as necessary.
KalashnikovCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:14 PM   #6
bounce19712
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 8142

yes you can buy the new universal replacement mounts for 30$ fits on everything. (Kalinka)

drop your groups by 2 inches... increases your girlfriends breast size by two letters

But! in your pic...it does look like your too tight on the clamp down feature by maybe a full turn. google it for adjustment....loosen it way out...and see if it slides on your rail..it should. then dial it in again to get the right clamp down torsion?

looks like someone ground on the backside of the base though... I dont think you can get grey hammered finish from kalinka to match...but it will be new and unfucked.

you'll need to pull the pins... it is pinned after screws are set from factory...I think. actually, your pics are so unfocused on the screw heads and pins it could be nice or it could be fubar. screw heads look like a child ruined them...and cant tell if it is pinned or not.

but you wont need to repin unless you want to.

almost better to not try to fix fucketry and spend 300$ on a new one. ask me how I know.

scopes are the most Fucked up shit you can buy online with users trying to sling their failed bubba fixes unless you know.

Last edited by bounce19712; 07-17-2018 at 10:29 PM.
bounce19712 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:16 PM   #7
jtscuba02
Cutout
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 166235

If it was on a parts kit build, what receiver was used? There were some of the TGI(?) receivers that had rails that were not finished milled and the scope mounts would not slide on. It may have been modded to go unto one of those unfinished rails.
jtscuba02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:17 AM   #8
bounce19712
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 8142

true.. i have two psls right now with that problem

but the angle not shown in picks is the problem with those old rails... the pics show unmatched buggery
Old 07-18-2018, 09:25 AM   #9
dwarfshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtscuba02 View Post
If it was on a parts kit build, what receiver was used? There were some of the TGI(?) receivers that had rails that were not finished milled and the scope mounts would not slide on. It may have been modded to go unto one of those unfinished rails.
It was on a very poorly built TGI kit. The kit was so FUBAR the dust cover had been welded to be longer to insure it wouldn't pop off when fired. So I'm 99% sure it was modded to fit the rail instead of the rail being finished.

It's not that it's too tight to go on the new rail, it's that it was too loose. Where the material was ground away, it rocks left and right and can easiily be removed, no matter how much I adjusted the mount. Luckily on another forum I found someone with the exact base I need, unmolested, and it's on it's way to me now. Hopefully can just swap the bases out (4 screws on the front, the two 7mm screws on the top) and call it good.