Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Handgun Forums > General Handgun Discussion

Notices

Old 06-11-2018, 05:08 PM   #1
Idratherbapickle
Banned

AKaholic #: 193120
Default Grand Power Stribog?

Ive never seen this before I guess it just hit the streets, anyone know if its junk?

http://palmettostatearmory.com/grand...tol-brace.html
Idratherbapickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:31 PM   #2
nalioth
Devil's Advocate & Moderator

AKaholic #: 5678

Your link is 404

I suspect you're looking for this: GRAND POWER STRIBOG SP9A1 9MM PISTOL W/ BRACE ADAPTOR & SB TACTICAL PISTOL BRACE - PSA

nalioth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:45 PM   #3
Idratherbapickle
Banned

Looks awesome, I suspect its too soon though for opinions.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:58 PM   #4
timmy59

AKaholic #: 178435

https://youtu.be/XK4t0HkE4oE

Watch out CZ..
Old 06-12-2018, 10:48 PM   #5
norinco671
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 21756

The U.S gets the direct blowback system, and Canada gets the delayed type.
I Remember an interview/rep mentioning this. Cool to see they have factory flip up sights
norinco671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:02 AM   #6
Striknine

AKaholic #: 165924

I’d buy one. Looks pretty cool.
Striknine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:14 AM   #7
Libertarian Sheepdog

AKaholic #: 182589

My gut feeling is that it will be good to go. Grand Power makes excellent firearms, although they are under-rated (and under-valued) on this side of the pond. My carry gun is a Grand Power P11, and my wife loves her Grand Power K100.

I already have a B&T P26 that I will be SBR'ing, so my PCC niche is filled.... otherwise I would grab one of 'em.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:59 PM   #8
norinco671
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian Sheepdog View Post
My gut feeling is that it will be good to go. Grand Power makes excellent firearms, although they are under-rated (and under-valued) on this side of the pond. My carry gun is a Grand Power P11, and my wife loves her Grand Power K100.

I already have a B&T P26 that I will be SBR'ing, so my PCC niche is filled.... otherwise I would grab one of 'em.
Agreed.....had one of their first k100 offered years ago. Now I currently have the GP Xcalibur and gp11, and now the stribog got my attention.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:50 PM   #9
Disburse-Now
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 79142

Looked at the initial PSA adverts, which were the first i had heard about this Pistol. Good for PSA and Grandpower. More competition in the 9mm machine istol arena, the better. CZ sort of has a foot well thru the door with the Scorpion Evo - interested in seeing what can become of this offering and how it fares among the critics. The A1 version is metal receiver, and the A2 is a polymer receiver from what I understand.
I prefer the metal, but that is just my preference in most firearms.
This has a lot of potential - in that it is robust, relatively uncomplicated, and the internal FCG parts are rather AR like in type and lay out. In fact these companies would be smart to market similar offerings with pinned receivers like an AR with a variety of uppers to choose from.
I'm interested in this offering also. It is different. Do want some more feedback on trigger and accuracy or if there are any considerations which are due and worthy of note, like accuracy and ease of aim , and the ability to fit accessories and different rear stocks. I like it so far, and want to know more.
Disburse-Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:58 PM   #10
specz79
Director of Awesome
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 169416

I like this, if it is similar of quality to their pistols I would buy one.

Nec Bonum Nec Malum Vagina Gallium Facit

Corruptissima Re Publica Plurimae Leges
specz79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:08 PM   #11
Djinnfizz
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 179992

Based on my own experience with my K100 and everything I've read and heard and Grand Power, I wouldn't even give an evo a second thought (or even an initial thought for that matter) over the Stribog if I was looking for something like this.
Check out Grand Power's youtube channel; I recall seeing this in a video a while back.
edit: heh http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showpo...11&postcount=4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMor View Post
The AK Files is not a polite place. We have a lot of assholes here.

Last edited by Djinnfizz; 06-13-2018 at 08:09 PM. Reason: fizzneed2lrn2rd
Djinnfizz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:17 PM   #12
PistolPete
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 157758

I'm leaning towards getting one if it can be had for ~$650.

If/when I do I'll hammer down on it and report back.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:19 PM   #13
timmy59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disburse-Now View Post
Looked at the initial PSA adverts, which were the first i had heard about this Pistol. Good for PSA and Grandpower. More competition in the 9mm machine istol arena, the better. CZ sort of has a foot well thru the door with the Scorpion Evo - interested in seeing what can become of this offering and how it fares among the critics. The A1 version is metal receiver, and the A2 is a polymer receiver from what I understand.
I prefer the metal, but that is just my preference in most firearms.
This has a lot of potential - in that it is robust, relatively uncomplicated, and the internal FCG parts are rather AR like in type and lay out. In fact these companies would be smart to market similar offerings with pinned receivers like an AR with a variety of uppers to choose from.
I'm interested in this offering also. It is different. Do want some more feedback on trigger and accuracy or if there are any considerations which are due and worthy of note, like accuracy and ease of aim , and the ability to fit accessories and different rear stocks. I like it so far, and want to know more.
If your correct we are being offered the metal receiver.. As of now only PSA and grabagun have any in stock.. According to Grand powers shot show video the pistol alone was supposed to come in at under $599, I'm hoping for better pricing and more feedback as well..
Old 06-14-2018, 07:09 AM   #14
norinco671
Veteran Member

I'm confused with what PSA advertises on their Stribog as it can take any type of AR grips and AR type trigger mechanisms. Correct me if I'm wrong but their picture shows the lower to be of polymer type/one piece with grip, and doesn't seem to be removable. And regards to the trigger accepting after market AR type triggers.. I don't even see the AR type pins on the Stribog to hold AR type triggers.

The only Stribog that accepts all of these is called the SR9A1 with an aluminum lower receiver, which you can find on GP main website.

Eagle imports does not even have this info on their newly imported Stribog SP9A1, so yeah I'm confused. Anybody else can confirm this, is much appreciated
Old 06-14-2018, 02:12 PM   #15
JMC Defense

AKaholic #: 191016

I just received one to check out the quality. It's definitely impressive for the price point. To answer your question it does not have an interchangeable grip although the grip is nice. It also doesn't have AR style trigger pins like Palmetto listed in the description. The lower is polymer. I see them doing very well in the pistol caliber market. I hope this helps.
JMC Defense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:14 PM   #16
norinco671
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMC Defense View Post
I just received one to check out the quality. It's definitely impressive for the price point. To answer your question it does not have an interchangeable grip although the grip is nice. It also doesn't have AR style trigger pins like Palmetto listed in the description. The lower is polymer. I see them doing very well in the pistol caliber market. I hope this helps.
Good to know, thanks for clarifying. PSA sells theirs with a brace but at $900...I don't know. Hope other vendors just sell the pistols with no brace, in hopes of keeping the prices to a minimum....and let consumers decide on which brace.

JMC congrats on the purchase and would appreciate pics and review? I'm curious on how the dual mass bolt looks n how it operates...and what size muzzle thread I t has, couldn't find any info on that.....but I'm assuming 1/2x28
Old 06-14-2018, 05:22 PM   #17
JMC Defense

The pistols should hit the shelves at $750.00 in most shops. The threads are 1/2x28 and the barrels are finished in black unlike the pictures on many preview videos on Youtube. Also, it has two MLOK Slots at the 3 and 9 O'Clock on the handguard. I have a pistol brace adapter on the way and plan on putting either a Tailhook or SB Tactical SBA3 on the buffer tube. I will try to get some first impressions and pictures once I get an opportunity to fire the Stribog.

Last edited by JMC Defense; 06-14-2018 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:13 PM   #18
Idratherbapickle
Banned

Quote:
The pistols should hit the shelves at $750.00 in most shops. The threads are 1/2x28 and the barrels are finished in black unlike the pictures on many preview videos on Youtube. Also, it has two MLOK Slots at the 3 and 9 O'Clock on the handguard. I have a pistol brace adapter on the way and plan on putting either a Tailhook or SB Tactical SBA3 on the buffer tube. I will try to get some first impressions and pictures once I get an opportunity to fire the Stribog.
Cool shit man I would love to hear how it works out for you once you get it going. I have a Scorpion but I take another lil 9mm like this. The Scorpion in my opinion is a tough one to beat at its price point, but since i already own one, shhhhh maybe I'll give this one a go.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:57 PM   #19
timmy59

Quote:
Again, Grand powers shot show video stated the pistol should retail for $599.00 which means it should cost something less than $599..
https://youtu.be/tbnKKHce2wo
Old 06-14-2018, 10:03 PM   #20
JMC Defense

I saw the video you are referencing. I think it was an honest mistake, but understand the disappointment in the street price. I will say that if the outward appearance of quality in any way reflects the operation and accuracy, the pistol will be well worth the $750 price tag. If all goes well I will be able to let you know the answer to some of our questions in the next week or so. I will be shooting it suppressed and unspressed with an arm brace and red dot equipped.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:59 PM   #21
Kgunner001

AKaholic #: 186286

JMC you are killing me, I've been waiting for a range report! Thanks in advance.
Kgunner001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:18 AM   #22
matt640h
Curio & Relic
Vendor

AKaholic #: 166637

Quote:
I saw the video you are referencing. I think it was an honest mistake, but understand the disappointment in the street price. I will say that if the outward appearance of quality in any way reflects the operation and accuracy, the pistol will be well worth the $750 price tag. If all goes well I will be able to let you know the answer to some of our questions in the next week or so. I will be shooting it suppressed and unspressed with an arm brace and red dot equipped.
Any updates?
matt640h is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:35 AM   #23
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 176461

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt640h View Post
Any updates?
This will be my next gun. I do wish they would take different mags though.

Stopsign32v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:44 PM   #24
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 176461

Fondled one at the LGS. Will have to change my mind here. It felt amazingly cheap next to the CZ Evo and the trigger was horrible.
Stopsign32v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:53 PM   #25
codifier
Your Huckleberry

AKaholic #: 170379

I have heard that there are three versions of this, and the one imported into the states is the Gen 1 so to speak. My guess is they had these laying around and someone had the idea to dump them in the US, if memory serves the video also talked about the newer ones having nicer features like a different bolt rather than just direct blowback.

Personally, I want the newer ones, or the price of these must come down. They're pricing at the same point as Scorpion EVOs, a much better known brand and model. Around 500-600 and they would fly off the shelves and help build a name for the guns.

Quote:
All the power [the State] has is what society gives it, plus what it confiscates from time to time on one pretext or another;
there is no other source from which State power can be drawn. Therefore every assumption of State power, whether by gift
or seizure, leaves society with so much less power.

― Albert Jay Nock, Our Enemy, the State
codifier is offline   Reply With Quote