Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Shotguns

Notices

Old 10-24-2017, 12:19 AM   #1
smoothsoul

AKaholic #: 167503
Default TAK47 Comrade (Cherrys Guns) Chinese AK Shotgun

What's the deal with these? Designed in New Zealand, made in China.

New in Box Saiga12 just sold for $675 on gunbroker, and I keep reading they need to be tweaked to work reliably. I read a few favorable views online of TAK47 reliability right out of the box, plus they come "converted". TAK47 is $500, VEPR12 is $900. Not interested in collector value with this purchase, just want a reliable HD shotgun that isn't $1k or will be a headache to get running right.

-George Orwell
smoothsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:26 PM   #2
KYgunner

AKaholic #: 178120

Mag fed shotgun may not be the best idea for home defense. I'm no expert on the subject, but I've heard concerns that shotgun rounds could deform under the tension of a magazine spring if stored for extended periods. How long? I dunno. But I've heard people that do use a mag fed semi auto shotgun for home defense recommend reloading your mags daily. Too much of a hassle for me. I'll stick with a pump. That said, if it actually functions well and doesn't blow up in your hands, that's a decent price.
KYgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:11 PM   #3
giantpune
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 188807

I store my vepr12 mags loaded. So far, the gun has been 100% reliable. Not a single malfunction since I got it. I only have 5 and 8 round mags. Maybe the larger capacity mags have higher spring pressure in them to the point they can deform a shell.

I'd be more concerned about a new-to-market made-in-china shotgun for home defense.
giantpune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:36 PM   #4
flakman

AKaholic #: 190767

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantpune View Post
I store my vepr12 mags loaded. So far, the gun has been 100% reliable. Not a single malfunction since I got it. I only have 5 and 8 round mags. Maybe the larger capacity mags have higher spring pressure in them to the point they can deform a shell.

I'd be more concerned about a new-to-market made-in-china shotgun for home defense.
I have my vepr 12 with 10 round CSSPECS magazines loaded and no problemo
flakman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:02 AM   #5
csspecs
Spam bot
Vendor

AKaholic #: 157229

If anyone has this gun and wants a free magazine to check fit and function let me know.. I would like to confirm they work, but I need another AK shotgun like I need a hole in my head.

Offer was accepted and fit was confirmed.. No more samples at this time.

Last edited by csspecs; 11-14-2017 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Fixed typo.. Apparently I should order grammarly..
csspecs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:42 AM   #6
paulbow

AKaholic #: 194329

Iíve seen a Saiga 12 that was left loaded for a month deform the top round. I believe it would have still chambered but it didnít look pretty. It was a full mag loaded in the gun. I donít think a mag by itself will do it.
paulbow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:19 AM   #7
csspecs
Spam bot
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbow View Post
I’ve seen a Saiga 12 that was left loaded for a month deform the top round. I believe it would have still chambered but it didn’t look pretty. It was a full mag loaded in the gun. I don’t think a mag by itself will do it.
It depends on the shell.. The flite control buckshot should resist deforming due to the wad shape.. Slugs should be fine as well..

Another useful method can be using a larger magazine and down loading a round or two.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:27 PM   #8
smoothsoul

AKaholic #: 167503

Switched out the rear end.

CSSPEC magazine is impressive, to say the least. I'm looking forward to checking the function, if it works as well as it looks & feels, I'm satisfied with my purchase. Looks to be something different than DDI12.

-George Orwell
smoothsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:02 PM   #9
GDubya

AKaholic #: 191529

Quote:
Originally Posted by csspecs View Post
I anyone has this gun and wants a free magazine to check fit and function let me know.. I would like to confirm they work, but I need another AK shotgun like I need a hole in my head.
CSSPECS, I just privately bought a NIB VEPR 12-02, should have it delivered to my FFL by ~Friday including additional 5, 8, 10 rnd Molot mags. Goin' to primarily be my hog gun. Lotta tweakin' gonna happen', and may swap into my 3G.
So, I'll graciously take up your offer of on-line testing/posting your hi-cap CSSPECS mag against factory and SGM offerings. PM me if you're serious about your offering/challenge.
GW
Old 11-14-2017, 02:43 AM   #10
csspecs
Spam bot
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDubya View Post
CSSPECS, I just privately bought a NIB VEPR 12-02, should have it delivered to my FFL by ~Friday including additional 5, 8, 10 rnd Molot mags. Goin' to primarily be my hog gun. Lotta tweakin' gonna happen', and may swap into my 3G.
So, I'll graciously take up your offer of on-line testing/posting your hi-cap CSSPECS mag against factory and SGM offerings. PM me if you're serious about your offering/challenge.
GW
My interest was in the tak47 only. Function of our vepr12 line is well documented over the past three years... If I started giving away vepr12 mags my partners would probably shoot me.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:43 AM   #11
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -

AKaholic #: 157162

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDubya View Post
GW
We all have dreams
Sublimeon24s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:51 PM   #12
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 171780

Quote:
Originally Posted by csspecs View Post
My interest was in the tak47 only. Function of our vepr12 line is well documented over the past three years... If I started giving away vepr12 mags my partners would probably shoot me.
Damn are you in business with the cartels?

I canít keep track of how many Saiga 12/VEPR 12 clones from China have come in now, plus KUSAís model, does anybody have a comprehensive list?
Old 11-14-2017, 01:32 PM   #13
csspecs
Spam bot
Vendor

Well my efforts to increase sales using promotions and the like are often not popular.. The sale coming up next week is all my doing and I have been hearing a LOT of whining about it.. So free magazines outside of testing. Not going to happen.

As for the clones, I think I know of most of them..
Fury 1/ Fury 2 (China) Not currently imported
DDI-12/Cheetah-12 (China)
JTS-12/EM-12B (China)
TAK47 (China)
KRAL Arms (Turkey) Not currently imported.
Kalashnikov USA KS-12 (USA)

Last edited by csspecs; 11-14-2017 at 01:40 PM.
csspecs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:07 PM   #14
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -

AKaholic #: 157162

and of course the AWS Trench aka DDI 12/Cheetah 12
Sublimeon24s is online now   Reply With Quote