Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AR15 / AR10

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2017, 09:58 AM   #71
Fizzerpilot
Member
 
AKaholic #: 191788
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 62
Default

Well, if you look at the round that has the projectile impacted into the casing, I'd say the spring is just fine. This has nothing to do with the buffer assembly, it quite obviously has enough oomph.

Feed ramps/barrel interface could be an issue. Or an issue with the bcg. And no, ARs don't need to be broken in... they are mil spec rifles, you can mish mash parts all you want, and they just work, if the parts are manufactured correctly.

I've had out of spec bolts, from one of the premier suppliers out there, and as tight as these rifles are, it mattered. It was just a hair out of spec.

Honestly, I wouldn't spend much time troubleshooting an assembled upper. I'd get a call tag and send it back. It's not really your problem it won't chamber, they built it... let them figure it out.
Fizzerpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:16 AM   #72
NWcityguy2
Member
 
NWcityguy2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 182680
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 413
Default

Quote:
I had a rifle do the same thing to me when I misaligned the barrel in the receiver, and over torqued it. I removed the barrel nut and realigned everything and it's been solid since.
There is no aligning or mis-aligning an AR barrel inside the receiver. The index pin goes in the slot meant for it in the receiver, which is only big enough to accommodate the index pin. There is no aligning it left, or right, it just goes in the slot.

NWcityguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:24 AM   #73
Fizzerpilot
Member
 
AKaholic #: 191788
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 62
Default

Yeah, how can you misalign a barrel?
Fizzerpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:36 AM   #74
NWcityguy2
Member
 
NWcityguy2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 182680
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 413
Default

Break off the index pin and then just eye ball it, I guess.

This is why when I see a person talk about a long list of problems they have had with ARs, but nothing is assembled by a professional, I take it with a grain of salt.
NWcityguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:44 AM   #75
Danhr
Member
 
AKaholic #: 183809
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzerpilot View Post
Well, if you look at the round that has the projectile impacted into the casing, I'd say the spring is just fine. This has nothing to do with the buffer assembly, it quite obviously has enough oomph.

Feed ramps/barrel interface could be an issue. Or an issue with the bcg. And no, ARs don't need to be broken in... they are mil spec rifles, you can mish mash parts all you want, and they just work, if the parts are manufactured correctly.

I've had out of spec bolts, from one of the premier suppliers out there, and as tight as these rifles are, it mattered. It was just a hair out of spec.

Honestly, I wouldn't spend much time troubleshooting an assembled upper. I'd get a call tag and send it back. It's not really your problem it won't chamber, they built it... let them figure it out.
Well there isn't exactly a story behind that picture... Just "this happened". It could of got caught up in the barrel extension and the OP could of hit the oh so handy forward assist and pushed the bullet into the casing.

I'm just throwing an option out there.... I've put ar-15 buffer springs in LR308s, which is greatly underpowered, and have had similar problems

I've also accidentally thrown a carbine spring into a fix stock tube and have had similar problems.

Maybe you prefer to dismiss situations that don't make sense in your head. I guess I'm a little dumber..... If it takes a whooping 30 seconds to check, and there is a remote chance it's my problem, I check it.
Danhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:47 AM   #76
Danhr
Member
 
AKaholic #: 183809
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWcityguy2 View Post
Break off the index pin and then just eye ball it, I guess.

This is why when I see a person talk about a long list of problems they have had with ARs, but nothing is assembled by a professional, I take it with a grain of salt.
Or maybe not torque don't the barrel nut a few times on the threads, prior to final assembly. It wouldn't result in a "mis-aligned" barrel but not a properly torqued one, making it "wobbly".
Danhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:04 AM   #77
jjjxlr8
Member
 
AKaholic #: 157166
Join Date: May 2011
Location: USA, Ohio
Posts: 104
Default

Dummy rounds are a great idea for this kind of troubleshooting. Not very safe to use live rounds.
jjjxlr8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:44 PM   #78
Anier
Member
 
Anier's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 182741
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Tidewater, Virginia
Posts: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjarhead View Post
Oh, and any gun that requires "break in" to function properly wasn't built right.

I don't give a fuck what anyone says. That's total crap.
+1
Anier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:13 AM   #79
FaxonNathan
Member
 
FaxonNathan's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 178902
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Cincy, OH
Posts: 153
Default

OP- Our apologies for not seeing this thread earlier - I just took the time to read through it and try to understand the situation.

Looking at it, your primary symptom is the weapon failing to go into battery - the failures to feed are annoying, but those can be easily solved.

With guns failing to go into battery, there are the following possible issues:

1. Chamber short-machined or bad. (Doubtful, but we are indeed human).
2. Bolt machined incorrectly for poor headspace
3. Stuck ejector or extractor during feeding cycle (My personal guess based on the symptoms).
4. Bad mating on receiver to BCG and barrel (unlike).

What we would like to see is the weapon capable of having the ejector spring in and out and does the extractor capable of wrapping around the brass during the feeding portion.

I would assume the extractor bevel is improperly machined and it's not camming out during feeding over the rim.

Have you replaced the bolt only and see if the weapon feeds?
__________________
The Director at Faxon Firearms. Send me an e-mail with any question, anytime! Nathan@faxonfirearms.com

Its our pleasure to serve and we look forward to chatting.
FaxonNathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:28 AM   #80
Choppa city
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 188753
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cincinnati, ohio
Posts: 646
Default

Is it possible he overtightened the the mag catch, and mag is not seated properly, thus not feeding properly? He did say the screw is coming thru the mag release.
Choppa city is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:52 PM   #81
Jagick
Sieg Zeon!
 
Jagick's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 181226
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Portsmouth, Virginia
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaxonNathan View Post
OP- Our apologies for not seeing this thread earlier - I just took the time to read through it and try to understand the situation.

Looking at it, your primary symptom is the weapon failing to go into battery - the failures to feed are annoying, but those can be easily solved.

With guns failing to go into battery, there are the following possible issues:

1. Chamber short-machined or bad. (Doubtful, but we are indeed human).
2. Bolt machined incorrectly for poor headspace
3. Stuck ejector or extractor during feeding cycle (My personal guess based on the symptoms).
4. Bad mating on receiver to BCG and barrel (unlike).

What we would like to see is the weapon capable of having the ejector spring in and out and does the extractor capable of wrapping around the brass during the feeding portion.

I would assume the extractor bevel is improperly machined and it's not camming out during feeding over the rim.

Have you replaced the bolt only and see if the weapon feeds?
Not yet, but I intend to borrow another Bolt from a friend (or just buy a new BCG altogether) to test out and see if the problem is corrected. Considering the BCG tends to stop before headspace can even be an issue I highly doubt that's the problem and I don't think your barrel is the issue either. As mentioned before as well, on rare occasion a round is fed properly, the bolt goes all the way into battery, and the round is correctly extracted. I am almost positive this is not a head space issue.

I am almost positive after all I've read here that it is an issue with my BCG (especially considering how much brass it's shearing off of any case that tries to go through it) though there is a chance the guy who assembled my receiver may have done something wrong to cause an issue with the feed ramps. It could be my lower receiver as well, but one step at a time I suppose. If a new bolt doesn't solve the problem (after ensuring head space on it is good) I'll try using another lower receiver. If that fails as well it will be time to contact TNTE for warranty work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppa city View Post
Is it possible he overtightened the the mag catch, and mag is not seated properly, thus not feeding properly? He did say the screw is coming thru the mag release.
I tried tightening it, loosening it, but as of now it is back where it was originally, just tight enough but without the screw / pin jutting out. No matter what I tried the mag did not seem to seat any differently and the problem still occurred.
Jagick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:09 PM   #82
Jw
Veteran Member
 
Jw's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 175512
Join Date: May 2014
Location: PA
Posts: 1,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjarhead View Post
Oh, and any gun that requires "break in" to function properly wasn't built right.

I don't give a fuck what anyone says. That's total crap.
Agree completely. I also think it sounds like something is out of spec. Best option is to swap parts or just send the upper back if swapping parts isn't an option.
__________________
This is the internet
Jw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 03:37 PM   #83
Ram Rod
Curio & Relic
Contributor
 
Ram Rod's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 182786
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: R-Can-Saw
Posts: 2,503
Default

Any updates?
Been a while.
Just checking
__________________
Misfit magazine garage repair guroo



Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook76 View Post
...Humans, for the most part, are fucking stupid.
Ram Rod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 04:04 PM   #84
Jagick
Sieg Zeon!
 
Jagick's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 181226
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Portsmouth, Virginia
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
Any updates?
Been a while.
Just checking
None just yet, but I'll post the moment I have more info. Haven't really had time to get anything done concerning that rifle yet.
Jagick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:41 AM   #85
Dannyboy53
Member
 
Dannyboy53's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 185911
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Bell, Florida.
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagick View Post
I am by no means an AR guy at all, I hate the things but I felt I needed to have at least one.
Please don't let this sour you on an AR, we all understand your extreme frustration. Many, if not all of us, have experience trouble with some firearm or another. You have a lot of knowledgeable folks here that will not hesitate to offer help in the way of good suggestions as you have seen!

This WILL be resolved and you will enjoy your investment.

Last edited by Dannyboy53; 05-22-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Dannyboy53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:57 AM   #86
Dannyboy53
Member
 
Dannyboy53's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 185911
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Bell, Florida.
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjarhead View Post
Oh, and any gun that requires "break in" to function properly wasn't built right.

I don't give a fuck what anyone says. That's total crap.
I agree, that's been my experience also. "Break-in" is for internal combustion engines (supposedly)...not firearms!
Dannyboy53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:08 AM   #87
Ram Rod
Curio & Relic
Contributor
 
Ram Rod's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 182786
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: R-Can-Saw
Posts: 2,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy53 View Post
I agree, that's been my experience also. "Break-in" is for internal combustion engines (supposedly)...not firearms!
A lot of the high end 1911 pistols do require a 'break in' period.
__________________
Misfit magazine garage repair guroo



Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook76 View Post
...Humans, for the most part, are fucking stupid.
Ram Rod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:39 AM   #88
fly
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
fly's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 157672
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Under Fire in Kentucky..
Posts: 4,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagick View Post
Call me fucking paranoid but I'm not messing with this rifle anymore tonight, not unless I'm at a range.

Loaded the magazine to five rounds a second time to try and see if it would load flawlessly again, it caught up again but this happened.





It feels to dangerous to proceed with attempting to cycle anything else, at least in a home environment.
I had an AR do this one time , BUT it was the a junk magazine that caused it to not feed right
__________________
=================================
=================================
**** SLING QUIET CLIP & BUCKLE COVER'S ****
**** SAVE AK WOOD HG's & BUTT STOCKS ****
www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287226
=================================
**AR15 M16 Bolt Kit CHEAP**
www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314854


((DB)) #1 SnatchWrecher /'' If it's NOT a Colt it's a Copy ''
fly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:43 AM   #89
fly
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
fly's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 157672
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Under Fire in Kentucky..
Posts: 4,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy53 View Post
I agree, that's been my experience also. "Break-in" is for internal combustion engines (supposedly)...not firearms!
Most All (BUT NOT ALL) AR's need a 200 rds brake in .
Mainly all off brand or junk ass models .
__________________
=================================
=================================
**** SLING QUIET CLIP & BUCKLE COVER'S ****
**** SAVE AK WOOD HG's & BUTT STOCKS ****
www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287226
=================================
**AR15 M16 Bolt Kit CHEAP**
www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314854


((DB)) #1 SnatchWrecher /'' If it's NOT a Colt it's a Copy ''
fly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 01:02 PM   #90
jamf
jive ass mutha fucka
 
jamf's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 162754
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mt. Pleasant, PA.
Posts: 1,122
Default

I'd try different mags or even a different lower. Looks like the feed lips are too high and dragging on the bottom of the BCG. I had some 20rnd pmags do that to me, every other mag i own works fine.
__________________
((GPB)) Good People Brigade
jamf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:34 PM   #91
Jagick
Sieg Zeon!
 
Jagick's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 181226
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Portsmouth, Virginia
Posts: 1,738
Default

Time for an update boys and sorry it took so long to get around too. Tested the BCG in a Coworker's ARs and it functioned flawlessly both manual chambering and actual shooting.

That said I'm back to it being one of the following now:

1. Bad magazines (All seven or so of them, though?)

2. Weak buffer spring (got my A2 Buffer kit from Stag Arms)

3. Problem with the upper itself, feedramps maybe? (Assembled by Top Notch Top Ends, Matrix Aero upper - Not Aero precision)

4. Problem with the lower (Spikes Tactical)

Or maybe some combination of the above? Next step will be getting a couple of Pmags (and borrowing the mag my buddy used) to rule out an issue with my magazines.
Jagick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:55 PM   #92
Tanker2000
Member
 
AKaholic #: 191595
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Metairie, Louisiana
Posts: 40
Default

I'm not saying this issue is caused by mags, but this happened to me: Brand new quality AR; 6 brand new mags from Brownells (and they weren't cheap junk). It would shoot once and jam with EVERY mag. I was convinced there was no way it was the mags. Took it apart multiple times, disassembled and checked the BCG and bolt multiple times, changed ammo brands 4 times, cleaned/lubed it multiple times, changed lubricants 3 times, had my buddy who is no AR dummy check it - he found nothing. Had my active duty Army combat arms brother in law check - he found nothing. I went all over the net looking for answers. Finally swallowed my pride and took it to a gunsmith. Gave him all the mags and all 4 types of ammo and told him to shoot whatever he needed to figure it out. Guy called me 2 days later: EVERY brand new mag follower was jamming. I felt like the biggest loser asshole in the world because he asked me about the mags when I dropped them off and I told him "can't be the problem -they're all brand new". I picked up the rifle and he showed me what was going on with the mags. My face was red due to embarrassment. Threw away the Brownell mags and have since shot about 1,500 rounds with that rifle with no FTE or FTF. I now use Troy, C Products blackened stainless, and Pmags.
Tanker2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:08 PM   #93
Jagick
Sieg Zeon!
 
Jagick's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 181226
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Portsmouth, Virginia
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker2000 View Post
I'm not saying this issue is caused by mags, but this happened to me: Brand new quality AR; 6 brand new mags from Brownells (and they weren't cheap junk). It would shoot once and jam with EVERY mag. I was convinced there was no way it was the mags. Took it apart multiple times, disassembled and checked the BCG and bolt multiple times, changed ammo brands 4 times, cleaned/lubed it multiple times, changed lubricants 3 times, had my buddy who is no AR dummy check it - he found nothing. Had my active duty Army combat arms brother in law check - he found nothing. I went all over the net looking for answers. Finally swallowed my pride and took it to a gunsmith. Gave him all the mags and all 4 types of ammo and told him to shoot whatever he needed to figure it out. Guy called me 2 days later: EVERY brand new mag follower was jamming. I felt like the biggest loser asshole in the world because he asked me about the mags when I dropped them off and I told him "can't be the problem -they're all brand new". I picked up the rifle and he showed me what was going on with the mags. My face was red due to embarrassment. Threw away the Brownell mags and have since shot about 1,500 rounds with that rifle with no FTE or FTF. I now use Troy, C Products blackened stainless, and Pmags.
Definitely going to be pissed if it's just the mags. Virtually new D&H Aluminum Teflon coated mags with magpul anti-tilt followers. By buddy even tried using a filthy old and used USGI mag he picked up from the local Army-Navy store and even that ran like a champ.
Jagick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:08 PM   #94
c0dy33
Odin Akbar
 
c0dy33's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 158752
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 10,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagick View Post
Call me fucking paranoid but I'm not messing with this rifle anymore tonight, not unless I'm at a range.

Loaded the magazine to five rounds a second time to try and see if it would load flawlessly again, it caught up again but this happened.





It feels to dangerous to proceed with attempting to cycle anything else, at least in a home environment.
That's scary right there.
__________________
You don't need eyes to see; you need vision.

"I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees." -Stéphane Charbonnier (1967-2015)
c0dy33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:41 AM   #95
blackemanuelle
Member
 
AKaholic #: 191606
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 92
Default

Have you tried swapping just the buffer spring from another gun?
blackemanuelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:10 AM   #96
tnxdshooter
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 170817
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Crossville, TN
Posts: 1,768
Default

Buy some Wolff extra power mag springs and install them in those mags and see what happens!


https://www.gunsprings.com/index.php...D=1&dID=79#493
__________________
Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.
tnxdshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:02 AM   #97
savage
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 41960
Join Date: May 2009
Location: OK
Posts: 950
Default

90% of feed issues are magazine related.
__________________
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" ~Samuel Adams

Molon labe!
savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:03 AM   #98
Shooter28
Member
 
AKaholic #: 188686
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: NJ
Posts: 105
Default

Did you try your mags in his rifle?
Shooter28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:19 AM   #99
jonwill
Member
 
AKaholic #: 192557
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 58
Default

Try the entire upper on you buddies lower. If it doesn't run it is the upper. If it does it is your lower

Sounds like it is over gassed. Brass doesn't have the time to contract and remains in the chamber. When it cools and shrinks it falls out. Since the extractor jumps the rim it slows down the rearward motion. Won't go back far enough to have the momentum to fully chamber the next round.
jonwill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:00 PM   #100
Jagick
Sieg Zeon!
 
Jagick's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 181226
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Portsmouth, Virginia
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwill View Post
Try the entire upper on you buddies lower. If it doesn't run it is the upper. If it does it is your lower

Sounds like it is over gassed. Brass doesn't have the time to contract and remains in the chamber. When it cools and shrinks it falls out. Since the extractor jumps the rim it slows down the rearward motion. Won't go back far enough to have the momentum to fully chamber the next round.
No gas involved because it won't even chamber the first round of the magazine correctly most of the time. Haven't had the opportunity to shoot it.

For now, I have a new Buffer assembly on the way from BCM as well as a pmag and some snap caps to test with.

My buddy will be bringing over his lower as well and once everything is here we'll finally figure out what's causing this issue. Should only be another week or so at most. Thanks for the help thus far guys.
Jagick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:28 PM   #101
Jagick
Sieg Zeon!
 
Jagick's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 181226
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Portsmouth, Virginia
Posts: 1,738
Default

I don't believe this but I spent quite a while today testing this thing after the new BCM buffer assembly, pmag, and snap caps came in.

The Pmag functioned flawlessly every single time no matter how many rounds I loaded it with. The D&H aluminum magazines all (ALL OF THEM) still fail to feed or double feed within the first 1-3 rounds.

I haven't even installed the new buffer yet but is it really that likely that every single D&H aluminum magazine I have is faulty? Maybe it could be the lower? In any case pmags work perfectly fine and everything cycles perfectly with them.
Jagick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:52 PM   #102
Ram Rod
Curio & Relic
Contributor
 
Ram Rod's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 182786
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: R-Can-Saw
Posts: 2,503
Default

So now MagPul owns something else....................................your rifle. They seem to have their greedy little fingers in everything these days. LOL!
__________________
Misfit magazine garage repair guroo



Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook76 View Post
...Humans, for the most part, are fucking stupid.
Ram Rod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:19 PM   #103
c0dy33
Odin Akbar
 
c0dy33's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 158752
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 10,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagick View Post
I don't believe this but I spent quite a while today testing this thing after the new BCM buffer assembly, pmag, and snap caps came in.

The Pmag functioned flawlessly every single time no matter how many rounds I loaded it with. The D&H aluminum magazines all (ALL OF THEM) still fail to feed or double feed within the first 1-3 rounds.

I haven't even installed the new buffer yet but is it really that likely that every single D&H aluminum magazine I have is faulty? Maybe it could be the lower? In any case pmags work perfectly fine and everything cycles perfectly with them.
Here is a side by side of a Gen2 PMag and a D&H mag:


The PMag has a dip and the rounds in the D&H seem to sit a little higher or maybe that's just an illusion. However, both function fine in my lower.
__________________
You don't need eyes to see; you need vision.

"I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees." -Stéphane Charbonnier (1967-2015)
c0dy33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:29 PM   #104
Jagick
Sieg Zeon!
 
Jagick's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 181226
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Portsmouth, Virginia
Posts: 1,738
Default

Installed the new buffer, spring, and tube. Still no difference with the D&H magazines. Pmag still works perfectly.

Will be trying with a local friend's Anderson lower at the range next friday to be absolutely certain.
Jagick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:35 PM   #105
c0dy33
Odin Akbar
 
c0dy33's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 158752
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 10,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagick View Post
Installed the new buffer, spring, and tube. Still no difference with the D&H magazines. Pmag still works perfectly.

Will be trying with a local friend's Anderson lower at the range next friday to be absolutely certain.
That's what I have, Anderson lower.
__________________
You don't need eyes to see; you need vision.

"I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees." -Stéphane Charbonnier (1967-2015)
c0dy33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2017 The AK FIles