Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Shotguns

Notices

Old 03-08-2018, 11:04 PM   #1
rstrobel
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 167348
Default Reminder: Now is a great time to buy a Vepr 12

The Vepr 12 is IMO the highest quality mag fed shotgun available today, especially for ~$800.

A large number of them are still in stock at various retailers. You can get the slant cut, fixed stock, or folding stock for a few hundred more.

I wouldn't expect many of these to be around this time next year. There can't be THAT many of them.

These are pre-ban imports available well below MSRP. They sold really well at $1k+ previously.

If you've been on the fence, your last chance to buy one is quickly approaching.

I think we will look back at the vepr shotguns and rifles years from now and say "I wish I had bought more"
rstrobel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:16 PM   #2
Weaponmark
Curio & Relic
Vendor

AKaholic #: 176307

I agree 100%.

Want to save money building AND have the most authentic looking selector markings?

CLICK HERE!

LOOKING TO BUY: T2 OR T3 SOVIET THREADED AK47 BARREL

WTB APEX PURCHASED POLISH NSP3 SCOPE MARKED AKMSL PC00053 NrL-90058. It's out there!!!

Weaponmark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:45 PM   #3
GDubya

AKaholic #: 191529

^^this.

Cat's-meow features and quality!
I bought my first, a NIB -02 in October for $800 shipped.
Thereafter couldn't help but rescue an unloved LNWOB (albeit $65 damaged-safety) for $600 locally last month.

Now, they will help you spend your spare cash to tweak them even better and for more fun...
Old 03-09-2018, 08:01 PM   #4
bubba04

AKaholic #: 126394

Where are you finding them for 800?
bubba04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #5
rstrobel
Curio & Relic

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_...2B12?view=list

lots on gb too
Old 03-09-2018, 08:24 PM   #6
GDubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post
Where are you finding them for 800?
I bought that one privately from a guy in Philly off Armslist, shipped to my FFL who only charges me the $10 TIC. Best part was he threw in two new Molot 10-, one 8- and a 5-rounder for $200. I very much lucked out.

There are also three NIB -01s from dealers on Armlist right now asking $799, $809, and $819; and I always expect/try to dicker for at least their ~$30-50 shipping. If you go direct to vendor's website you don't get that opportunity...

Last edited by GDubya; 03-09-2018 at 08:31 PM.
GDubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:31 PM   #7
JJ308
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 163221

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrobel View Post

A large number of them are still in stock at various retailers. You can get the slant cut, fixed stock, or folding stock for a few hundred more.
any one more desirable then the other?
JJ308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:35 PM   #8
GDubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ308 View Post
any one more desirable then the other?
Depends on what you want to mod stock...
Read up.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:49 PM   #9
Maxbob

AKaholic #: 192926

Really, I donít see the desire. Iíll stick with my Beretta 1301 Tactical.
Maxbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 12:27 AM   #10
Extra Medium
Spectacular Member
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 188133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxbob View Post
Really, I donít see the desire. Iíll stick with my Beretta 1301 Tactical.
It's AK/RPK based, of course you wouldn't like it. Why are you still here on the AK Files, if you always prefer anything else to one? Seriously dude, you are on the wrong forum. See, most of us here on the AK Files prefer fucking AKs. That's why we are here.

I like Beretta products, quite a bit, but the 1301 is no match for a VEPR 12. Especially in terms of capacity. Also, inadvertently pressing the bolt release won't lock the whole gun up like the 1301 does. But whatever, keep spouting that everything is better than an AK, on the AK files, what a great way to ensure you make even more friends here.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:26 AM   #11
Maxbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Medium View Post
It's AK/RPK based, of course you wouldn't like it. Why are you still here on the AK Files, if you always prefer anything else to one? Seriously dude, you are on the wrong forum. See, most of us here on the AK Files prefer fucking AKs. That's why we are here.

I like Beretta products, quite a bit, but the 1301 is no match for a VEPR 12. Especially in terms of capacity. Also, inadvertently pressing the bolt release won't lock the whole gun up like the 1301 does. But whatever, keep spouting that everything is better than an AK, on the AK files, what a great way to ensure you make even more friends here.
The bolt release has been addressed on the 1301. Iím sure you knew that though being you are so smart. You clearly have issues. But hey, itís probly your parents fault. I wonít blame it all on you.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:39 AM   #12
Maxbob

Quote:

The vepr is a novelty range toy. The kind of things you are into no doubt. After all, do you even have any land to go shoot on ? By the way, many people complain about the shitty safety and location on the vepr.

Meanwhile, the 1301 is used by many law enforcement agencies in the country. Lots of state police.

Seriously, get some meds dude. People are tired of you acting all bitchy and whinny interrupting post. People donít like to be around people like you.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:24 AM   #13
GDubya

Quote:
The vepr is a novelty range toy. The kind of things you are into no doubt. After all, do you even have any land to go shoot on ? By the way, many people complain about the shitty safety and location on the vepr.

Meanwhile, the 1301 is used by many law enforcement agencies in the country. Lots of state police.

Seriously, get some meds dude. People are tired of you acting all bitchy and whinny interrupting post. People don’t like to be around people like you.
Seriously? Vepr 12 will NEVER be considered as LE instrument on this continent. Cruisers ain't running much 1100s/1187s now. And Vepr's a DAMN AK.....

Yes, VEPR 12 has stupid/ambi AMBI safety design.

Don't run out off your Prozac, Maxbob.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:35 AM   #14
Extra Medium
Spectacular Member
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
The bolt release has been addressed on the 1301. I’m sure you knew that though being you are so smart. You clearly have issues. But hey, it’s probly your parents fault. I won’t blame it all on you.
Ok, so you insult my family AGAIN. Must be itching for another ban huh? You are the fucking moron on a site dedicated to a family of weapons that you constantly deride. You started this shit AGAIN, you loser troll retard.
Quote:

Seriously, get some meds dude. People are tired of you acting all bitchy and whinny interrupting post. People don’t like to be around people like you.
The VEPR is a weapon of war, not a range toy, and I have never had any issues operating the safety on any AK style firearm. Maybe the sharp surfaces hurt your little girl fingers, but it's nothing any actual man can't handle.

People are tired of ME? You are delusional. I thoroughly destroy you every time we meet here. Remember the Union thread ? Yes I deleted it for privacy reasons but I distinctly remember a whole lot of people coming in to kick you in the teeth. How many rushed to your defense in that one? And I still see you think that because your daddy has a farm you can shoot on you are better than everybody else.

Take your AK hating, sub moron IQ back to ARFCOM. You are not wanted here.

Last edited by Extra Medium; 03-10-2018 at 03:23 PM.
Extra Medium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 03:32 AM   #15
Extra Medium
Spectacular Member
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrobel View Post
The Vepr 12 is IMO the highest quality mag fed shotgun available today, especially for ~$800.

I wouldn't expect many of these to be around this time next year. There can't be THAT many of them.

These are pre-ban imports available well below MSRP. They sold really well at $1k+ previously.

If you've been on the fence, your last chance to buy one is quickly approaching.

I think we will look back at the vepr shotguns and rifles years from now and say "I wish I had bought more"
Agreed on all points. Every Ak enthusiast should seriously consider jumping on the V12. Years from now, they will be even more prized than they currently are, and the price will reflect that fact. IMO, All the guys currently buying Chinese knock offs will be regretting it down the road, and people like our resident idiot, who "don't see the desire" will still be clueless.

Last edited by Extra Medium; 03-10-2018 at 04:04 AM.
Extra Medium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:56 AM   #16
giantpune
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 188807

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDubya View Post
Yes, VEPR 12 has stupid/ambi AMBI safety design.
Not the one I got from Atlantic (vpr-12-02). I'm not sure how the factory did it. Some of them with that same model number had the safety on the left and some don't.
giantpune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 01:10 PM   #17
rstrobel
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Agreed on all points. Every Ak enthusiast should seriously consider jumping on the V12. Years from now, they will be even more prized than they currently are, and the price will reflect that fact. IMO, All the guys currently buying Chinese knock offs will be regretting it down the road, and people like our resident idiot, who "don't see the desire" will still be clueless.
+1

the only downside is the magazines, but csspecs has us covered there
Old 03-10-2018, 05:40 PM   #18
RUSSIAN AK FAN
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 176305

Bought a NIB Vepr12 01 Thursday for $750 OTD.

Now’s the time, this is as low as they’re gonna go, IMO.
RUSSIAN AK FAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 06:02 PM   #19
AllTen

AKaholic #: 181458

My two V12's have the safety on the rt. side only, which works fine for me since I'm a "lefty". Nothing on the left side to interfere w/my left hand.

Purchase of a Vepr 12 after Jan 1, 2017 is illegal in CA. Between the current political climate and the ban, I hope this doesn't end up being the fate of the rest of the country.

If I were considering purchasing the Veprs today, and knowing what I had to do my guns to get them the way I wanted/dependable, and considering the long term issue of deformation, plus the expense, I would not have gotten my two Veprs for the 2 grand I paid.

Actually......what I just said isn't an indictment of the gun, but the way the guns are sold. Now that's criticism well deserved when buying a $1,000 gun.

My Berettas and Heckler & Koch iron, spoiled me in terms of the fit and finish I expect when buying an expensive gun.

I paid 2k for my 2 Veprs, but if I'd waited, a future purchase would be impossible under CA law.

As a 700-800 dollar gun, and you don't have to pay somebody else to polish and profile the bolt/rails, by doing it yourself w/o jacking the bolt, then I consider it a great project.

That's what a Vepr 12 is, a great gun if it runs great out of the box, or a project where you'll have to put in some work to get it to shoot the ammo you want by doing it yourself if you feel comfortable w/doing that, and saving money.

Having said this, I love the way my Vepr 12's turned out, I have no real regrets about doing this, and I'll keep the guns and I don't intend to sell, unless the CADOJ won't let me register the guns.

The good thing about this, is you get one, you will get your money back, because if at a later date you decide to sell, somebody, somewhere, will buy the gun.

PS: There is a "Russian Bear" aura of damn near indestructible/robustness that flows from the gun.

Last edited by AllTen; 03-10-2018 at 06:19 PM.
AllTen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:29 PM   #20
GDubya

Wink

I've taken enough training, practiced and competed to run my 870Ps against any Baretta or Benelli 2x+priced semi-autos; that's loading/reloading and reliably & accurately firing ANY 12GA (even low brass/recoil) round.
And that's what will always secure mine and me at the house.

But I can't best the reloading quickness of a Vepr 12 with a high-cap stick mag. Or the fun or (admittedly) public WOW!....

And I love my AK47s (Marc Krebs built two of the four so those have the best of AR features too). But they're at-worlds-end reliable so they won't choke because of tight little chambers and a couple thou rounds through them without lube. Using <$200/case of 122-124gr penetrating goodness. And, in the initial stages of testing, this same (Ruski-iconic) operating V12 keeps given me a woody! And it's gonna wreak havoc on feral pig populations down here in the mid-south

My reference to stupid ambi safety design is typically on -02s because the left/ambi piece has a tang that connects into a "delicate" yolk in the pin from the RHS.
All AKs have more steel and sharp edges to inherently immobilize opponents should you run out of ammo ; learn to wear mechanics gloves to run...

The Vepr 12 bests the Saiga 12 and all the Chinese knock-offs. It's just if you have the knowledgeable balls to step up to this ultimately enjoyable recoverable investment...

Last edited by GDubya; 03-14-2018 at 07:40 PM.
GDubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:35 PM   #21
mishaco
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 190226

The VEPR12 has seen use by various military units. In Russia sure, but also in Europe. It has an NSN and everything with NATO. I know that Poland has been a relatively big purchaser for example.

In 2018 though, you aren't going to find a large number of shotguns in combat. Some for sure, but they are a specialized weapon. The USA has always had a thing for them over many other nations/militaries too hehe.

I've had mine since the folders first came out. It has never been choosy about ammo type/load.
In fact, 90% of what has been fired through it has been Wally World value pack stuff.

Before the sanction, Molot V12 mags were actually quite inexpensive.....for detachable 12g shotgun mags at least and compared with Saiga 12 and MKA1919.

It was all a good thing while it lasted.....
mishaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:26 PM   #22
saltydecimator

AKaholic #: 190278

I live most of the v12 features. The pros (short barrel gunsmiths) prefer the gas block on the Saiga but it’s not “correct” and you lose the removable gas tube feature. Kw if nfa got repealed I would be pushing for evlkwpnz to make those vepr comp adjustable railed gas blocks like everyone welched on.

MAg release can be modded with sheet metal.
saltydecimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:03 PM   #23
AVL_AK
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 179324

Quote:

Seriously, get some meds dude. People are tired of you acting all bitchy and whinny interrupting post. People donít like to be around people like you.
I love my Vepr 12 for 3 gun, it makes me faster than most of the better shooters because of the fast reload over a tube fed. Keep good ammo and it never fails. I like the safety so much I converted my other AKs to having the extended rear tab that can be put on fire with just the knuckle of my trigger finger. It's just far faster and easier than having to reach forward to take it off safe. I never use the left side safety, nor does it ever get in the way.
ďEvery record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.Ē -
George Orwell, 1984
AVL_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:14 PM   #24
Kruse

AKaholic #: 196503
Default VEPR 12 02 vs 03

Does anyone have any input on the parts differences between the 922r compliant -03 vs the welded stock -02? From what I see the handguards, pistol grip are US made but more importantly the trigger, gas puck, hammer and disconnector are replaced as well, any compatibility issues like with the tapco triggers?
Kruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:42 PM   #25
Firearm Fanatic

AKaholic #: 194551

I want one but have heard mixed reliability issues with SGM mags and the last thing I want is top notch gun with shit mags or spending$125 a magazine on the molots
Firearm Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:16 AM   #26
AllTen

"Does anyone have any input on the parts differences between the 922r compliant -03 vs the welded stock -02? From what I see the handguards, pistol grip are US made but more importantly the trigger, gas puck, hammer and disconnector are replaced as well, any compatibility issues like with the tapco triggers?"....................

I'm 2 yrs. into to my guns and am by no means as knowledgeable about these guns/their history/the variants as the folks who've worked extensibly on these guns, and who've lived w/these guns for yrs.

Having said that, no one else has jumped in so I'll say this subject has been discussed b4 so you may have to do some searches. I fished out this....

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showth...+922+compliant

Again, not an expert, but over 2 yrs I'm getting to know my guns, and over 2 yrs. I've made/had a gunsmith make quite a few changes to them, always w/an eye to upgrading the guns/making them easier/more comfortable for me to use.

I've worked on what I was comfortable doing, and then turned over work to a gunsmith because his having done something a 1000 times was going to turn out a better result than my fumbling through the first or second time on a critical part of the gun.

Past discussions on this got into the price difference on the 922 compliant gun you're talking about vs doing it cheaply/cheaper yourself (swaping out the 922 compliant parts), assuming you're good w/tools.

They also discussed and rightly that swaping out parts is going to change the character/performance/functioning of the gun to where you might need to problem solve any bumps in the road from any changes.

I've added quiet a few 922 compliant parts/U.S. parts already in the gun, and have trigger assemblies/recoil spring assemblies ready to go, and if and when they go in, then everything will have been swaped out except the bolt/bolt carrier.

Holding those swaps out because the guns work nice w/the changes so far, and I'm all for quitting while I'm ahead.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:06 AM   #27
giantpune
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 188807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearm Fanatic View Post
I want one but have heard mixed reliability issues with SGM mags and the last thing I want is top notch gun with shit mags or spending$125 a magazine on the molots
The molot factory 5 round mags are under $40 all over the place. Csspecs steel mags were $45 on black friday. His normal prices are closer to $60. He's got some blems on the site for $40-$55, depending on how ugly they are.
giantpune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:57 PM   #28
Kruse

AKaholic #: 196503

Thanks for your input AllTen. I had looked at that specific thread you posted and a couple of others in the other vepr specific forum but didn't find much about long-term/general reliability with the 922r parts in the -03.
Kruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:05 PM   #29
AllTen

Hopefully there's somebody on the forum who bought that gun and can give his/her slant on how the gun worked.