Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Ammunition

Notices

Old Yesterday, 03:21 AM   #316
dan326
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 169937

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegeboy View Post
Wow, amazing seeing all of the trash talking about SG here. I love how quick the gun community is to hate each other.
People are always quick to get their sharp sticks to the ready.

I've ordered ammo from them on more than one occasion and I've never had any issues, either.
dan326 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:32 AM   #317
Rearden Steel

AKaholic #: 188504

Sg is good to go! Times may be a little slow for them, so help em out when you can and buy some ammo. You will be helping yourself with a solid investment as well so it's a win win!
Rearden Steel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:37 AM   #318
m62/m76

AKaholic #: 171020

THIS.

Quote:
Wow, amazing seeing all of the trash talking about SG here. I love how quick the gun community is to hate each other. Sad, but not surprising. SG has always been, and still is one of the best, if not the best, ammo dealers period.

$199 for 1000 rounds is cheap. If you want some, buy it. Who cares if it isn't $180. Quit being cheap, and just support a good vendor or there won't be one. last time I heard, businesses have to make profits to survive. If you don't need any ammo, then cool. Move on.

By the way, SG ammo, thank you very much for the 20 - 500 round cans of German MEN .303 surplus ammo for my Bren MKI. You guys kick major ass!
m62/m76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:50 AM   #319
Zemlyak
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 183159

Quote:
Wow, amazing seeing all of the trash talking about SG here. I love how quick the gun community is to hate each other. Sad, but not surprising. SG has always been, and still is one of the best, if not the best, ammo dealers period.

$199 for 1000 rounds is cheap. If you want some, buy it. Who cares if it isn't $180. Quit being cheap, and just support a good vendor or there won't be one. last time I heard, businesses have to make profits to survive. If you don't need any ammo, then cool. Move on.

By the way, SG ammo, thank you very much for the 20 - 500 round cans of German MEN .303 surplus ammo for my Bren MKI. You guys kick major ass!
This^ also besides hate, people will shot shit from thair beloved AKs to save $5...
Old Yesterday, 10:03 AM   #320
Oldsalt

AKaholic #: 194552

Quote:
Originally Posted by y1999jas View Post
And it went up by $10. I thought his e-mail said it would be $5. Puts his Wolf mil-spec laq & sealed at $204.95 as the go-to now.
Because of a penny/round price difference?
Oldsalt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM   #321
SpookyLizards

AKaholic #: 194559

It is a good thing that people are loyal and support a business that they appreciate; however, whether you recognize it or not, people will have criticisms of that business. I wouldn't describe criticism as hate, although it has the possibility to be. Money is an important object for most, and some just prefer to get the most bang for their buck, I am one of those people.

Since most online ammo vendors in The U.S. are merely distributors of ammo manufactured somewhere else I don't see why there would be any difference in the quality of product between distributors, besides maybe a bad batch. Therefore I don't hold loyalty to any online ammunition business and take the lowest bidder as I don't care what ammunition it is as long as it runs fine. Also, I am cheap. Which there is nothing wrong with being cheap, just like there is nothing wrong with spending more money on a business because of the loyalty you hold.
SpookyLizards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM   #322
Billlyb

AKaholic #: 185161

[QUOTE=SpookyLizards;4829583]It is a good thing that people are loyal and support a business that they appreciate; however, whether you recognize it or not, people will have criticisms of that business. I wouldn't describe criticism as hate, although it has the possibility to be. Money is an important object for most, and some just prefer to get the most bang for their buck, I am one of those people.

Since most online ammo vendors in The U.S. are merely distributors of ammo manufactured somewhere else I don't see why there would be any difference in the quality of product between distributors, besides maybe a bad batch. Therefore I don't hold loyalty to any online ammunition business and take the lowest bidder as I don't care what ammunition it is as long as it runs fine. Also, I am cheap. Which there is nothing wrong with being cheap, just like there is nothing wrong with spending more money on a business because of the loyalty you hold.[/QUO

Gotta shop around , I have 2 cases of 5.45 from 2 different vendors commin in this week I got a better price on the 2nd case. Not a lot but some
Billlyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM   #323
virgil cole
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 102797

I order from SGammo . They always deliver .
virgil cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM   #324
Oldsalt

AKaholic #: 194552

If folks wouldn't see the business people who sell them commodities online as friends, they wouldn't feel so upset when those same business people act as business people.
Oldsalt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM   #325
Vikingdeathmachine

AKaholic #: 192543

I wonder if hes having such a hard time selling all that ammo if maybe it would be worth it to ship to ban states. Its all good Ill just keep buying the shit out of ammo from his competitors. He was a good boy, he dindu nuffin. He always helpin the ak folks out.
Vikingdeathmachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM   #326
JestersRevenge

AKaholic #: 159703

I'll continue to buy from SGA. A few $ more or less doesn't deter me. I just don't need any. Maybe he's doing us a favor and keeping us informed on things to come. Hell, if it were me, I'd just not say anything at all. When the Russian sanctions happen and no more imports from Russia, I'd price everything I have just below my competitors and be a hero!

BTW, they're NOT banning ammo from being imported...they're banning EVERYTHING from being imported into the US that originates from Russia.
JestersRevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM   #327
FOW1

AKaholic #: 180149

There is still no hard evidence that all Russian imports will in fact be banned, though.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun." - Patrick Henry
FOW1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM   #328
Veprz

AKaholic #: 197407

Quote:
Originally Posted by JestersRevenge View Post
Hell, if it were me, I'd just not say anything at all.
That would be the smart thing to do, along with not writing the batfe to ask about 5.45 pistols and/or shouldering braces.

He doesnt give a flying fetch about you or anybody else here, all he cares about is selling ammo. Creating panic to drive up sales plain and simple. Hes easier to read than a book, using the same scare tactics and inventory manipulation over and over again. Its bordering on pathetic at this point..if you have a good selection of quality ammo at a decent price, it should sell itself.
Veprz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM   #329
Veprz

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgil cole View Post
I order from SGammo . They always deliver .
Good thing for them..otherwise that would be theft/fraud.
Old Today, 12:31 AM   #330
m62/m76

AKaholic #: 171020

Veprz,

Can't we all just get along?
m62/m76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:51 AM   #331
Zemlyak
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOW1 View Post
There is still no hard evidence that all Russian imports will in fact be banned, though.

Do you need official goverment note to believe? Last time it happened with Molot ban they are announced this officially morning time and afternoon within couple of hours stores become empty on Veprs. Some models never comeback and some are comeback with much higher price tags or on gunbroker. Just an example of what will happen with official hard evidence ...

Last edited by Zemlyak; Today at 07:05 AM.
Zemlyak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:01 AM   #332
Zemlyak
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veprz View Post
That would be the smart thing to do, along with not writing the batfe to ask about 5.45 pistols and/or shouldering braces.

He doesnt give a flying fetch about you or anybody else here, all he cares about is selling ammo. Creating panic to drive up sales plain and simple. Hes easier to read than a book, using the same scare tactics and inventory manipulation over and over again. Its bordering on pathetic at this point..if you have a good selection of quality ammo at a decent price, it should sell itself.
Tactics? In any case it is up to you to believe Sam or not, nobody is taking money out of your pockets. Yapping on respectful person is not smart at least after several cases of non stop sunctions on Russia and firearms happening last couple of years.
Old Today, 10:00 AM   #333
Veprz

Quote:
That would be the smart thingfor sgammo to do, along with not writing the batfe to ask about 5.45 pistols and/or shouldering braces. two more instances where bringing up non issues resulted in everyone getting or potentially getting screwed

He doesnt give a flying fetch about you or anybody else here, all he cares about is selling ammo. Creating panic to drive up sales plain and simple. Hes easier to read than a book, using the same scare tactics and inventory manipulation over and over again. Its bordering on pathetic at this point.. if you have a good selection of quality ammo at a decent price, it should sell itself.
Clarified
Old Today, 10:04 AM   #334
Veprz

Quote:
Originally Posted by m62/m76 View Post
Veprz,

Can't we all just get along?
Evidently only if you bow down to the master salesman sam? I feel like this is a bad case of stockholm syndrome.
Old Today, 01:24 PM   #335
Zemlyak
Veteran Member

Quote:
if you have a good selection of quality ammo at a decent price, it should sell itself.
Clarified

And who said it doesn't?
Old Today, 08:45 PM   #336
Cookie94

AKaholic #: 195758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold_Storage View Post
SG gets a pass for bringing 8M3 and lacquer/sealed ammo back, and generally being one of the best ammo vendors. But yes, that email has a "it's summer, two months from the midterms, no mass shootings lately, republicans control Washington, but I need to sell some damn ammo" vibe to it.
Lmfao
Cookie94 is online now   Reply With Quote