Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Krinkovs

Notices

Old 07-15-2017, 11:15 AM   #106
Johnny Gunz

AKaholic #: 182412

My reading comprehension must be challenged this AM. Did you fix the issue with the center support loosening or are these pics after you thought you fixed it? Btw, thanks for posting all the info!
Old 07-15-2017, 04:26 PM   #107
Bad-Element
Virtus Sola Nobilitas
Vendor

AKaholic #: 162796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Gunz View Post
My reading comprehension must be challenged this AM. Did you fix the issue with the center support loosening or are these pics after you thought you fixed it? Btw, thanks for posting all the info!
Lol youre good man! Haha I'm a visual artist and practically handicapped at writing effectively lols

And youre welcome, I want to help but I have to state that my issue could be separate, I'm not a certified gunsmith not do I have an ffl and I am speaking as Nick aka Bad Element the dude.

Ok so to answer your question;

This pics are all from before and during the problem yesterday.

I am just now finished testing my fixes it's interesting.

I mainly spread the rails and ejector to loosen up the travel if the carrier/bolt. But gently prying it by pushing a big punch between the rail and the ejector but had first tapped on and around the support first gently of course.

I stopped when the carrier closed up without the tension from the rails/ejector

so I went back out bought new Ammo at wally world. Same stuff 56 grain steel case tulammo.

I fired offthe rest of my old stuff first and then the new, firing 30 rds fast and slow no issues! Then...

lol I was playing around with my sights and trying some operator moves and quick targeting thinking that I had reversed the damage I caused.

The second to last round had a ftf the last round was sticking up at about 45 degrees the follower had tilted in this milsurp usgi mag and caused a failure to load.

I inspected the round and the case had a scratch all along the case on one side and a smal crease, if it was 7.62x39 I wouldn't have worried at all but I had a funny dealing.

I almost didn't shoot it and I was just going to leave and declare initial victory.

So I pop the mag back in with the last shot with the scratched cartridge (left side feed) and I get a failure to eject/extract with ripped rim the original problem was back.

Farrg. No prob this is learning haha.

The round wasn't as jammed and pushed out pretty easy using a cleaning rod.

I clean out the chamber and 1" or the bore with a rolled up wetted brown paper napkin and pushed it out with a cleaning rod it was dirty with carbon.

My theory was that I had partially fixed the issue but the scratched round, dirty bore/chamber and the weapon heating up pushed me back out of spec and timing. Repeating the problem but 1/30+ rds verse 1/4 or 1/2 when it was bad.

I grabbed a giant flat head and gently rotated it on the ejector and rail and could see it flex. I went from the top of the open receiver and through the mag well.

Then I closed it up and reassembled and then dry cycled the bolt/carrier 100+ times.

I had been using 2 mags and loaded them each up with 10 rds.

I fired the "good" mag first slowly. All 10 100% eject/extract like normal. Then I fired the next mag that had the follower issue as fast as I could. All 10 went off without a single hitch.

So. I do think we have a heat treat issue with the receiver possibly and a center support issue making a too narrow gap for the carrier/bolt.

The master mount wasn't used but I did say inthe last post that it seemed to help at first taking it off and that makes sense.

I will try again with the master mount on it, I used this type of mount before on my m92 and worked out and if I have issues still I'll keep digging until it runs fine with the side mount in so I can play with my obzor and pu scope.

I probly need a little more adjusting and several hundred rounds to trust this weapon fully again. Also Replacing the center support rivet is one of my thoughts. But I will try polishing up everything with compound gently to see if that gets me there and hope this issue will go away when I "break it in again" maybe a 500 rd range day is in order.

A copper bore brush for the chamber will come with me and I'll be adding a cleaning rod to the pistol in case I get a ripped case again even after 500 RD's of problem free shooting.

I'll bump this with an update because I hate finding threads online that aren't resolved. Hope this helps somebody.
MP WTS Custom Mags
EmailNick@badelementco.com

Last edited by Bad-Element; 07-15-2017 at 05:07 PM.
Bad-Element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:18 PM   #108
Bad-Element
Virtus Sola Nobilitas
Vendor

Taking a look again it almost seems like the center support is curved or deformed from the carrier beating it down while cycling. Seems to me like I may have enlarged the out of spec tolerance and makes sense if the problem develops over time.

Maybe adjusting the carrier or support before it deforms would prevent this issue. My support and carrier could have broke themselves in and deformed but was still in spec until I tightened it up.

The fact that op had issues seemingly at random suggests that the timing is effected when the carrier binds as it's traveling and due to its loose fit the problem happens when all the stars align in a bad way. All brought about by the center support being riveted too tight and also positioned in a way that the carrier hits it.
MP WTS Custom Mags
Old 07-16-2017, 11:13 AM   #109
Dwe

AKaholic #: 189354

Tagged for later!
Old 07-16-2017, 08:23 PM   #110
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -

AKaholic #: 157162

hope you get it figured out man, since this thread I got an M92 that has been nothing but enjoyment
Sublimeon24s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:46 PM   #111
Bad-Element
Virtus Sola Nobilitas
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimeon24s View Post
hope you get it figured out man, since this thread I got an M92 that has been nothing but enjoyment
Thanks man me too! Nice on the m92 buy looks like we traded spaces XD
MP WTS Custom Mags
Old 07-17-2017, 10:37 AM   #112
tbryanh

AKaholic #: 177330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-Element View Post
I think I'll try making it adjustable gas
How can you make it adjustable gas?
tbryanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:07 PM   #113
es
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 185924

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbryanh View Post
How can you make it adjustable gas?
Easiest way for on the fly adjustment would probably be with a screw in restrictor from the front or side of the block, seen pics of people doing that to other gas blocks.
es is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:03 PM   #114
tbryanh

AKaholic #: 177330

Quote:
Originally Posted by es View Post
Easiest way for on the fly adjustment would probably be with a screw in restrictor from the front or side of the block, seen pics of people doing that to other gas blocks.
Interesting. Ivwill need to search for info on that.
tbryanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:06 AM   #115
slcpunk74
censored

AKaholic #: 173589

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbryanh View Post
Interesting. Ivwill need to search for info on that.
From what I've seen its just a drill and tap from the side of the gas block so you can screw a set scress in to close off the gas port in the block.
If you can find a spare gas piston you can also try to cut some notches in the piston head for gas to bleed around the piston easier and not push the piston back as far.

I haven't done either but there are threads in existence somewhere. I was planning on using the drill/tap method on my little 74u build, but it is actually under gassed. The little guy runs great with a can! I guess I'll see how my m85 runs if I ever get to actually shoot it.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:22 PM   #116
Bad-Element
Virtus Sola Nobilitas
Vendor

Nice I have an m76 gas tube and reg I think I was going to adapt or clone the best I could
MP WTS Custom Mags

Last edited by Bad-Element; 07-18-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:24 PM   #117
slcpunk74
censored

AKaholic #: 173589

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-Element View Post
Nice I have an m76 gas tube and reg I think I was ping to adapt or clone the best I could
Shocks, pegs.... Lucky!

Those are actually pretty cool regulator deals.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:38 PM   #118
Bad-Element
Virtus Sola Nobilitas
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcpunk74 View Post
Shocks, pegs.... Lucky!

Those are actually pretty cool regulator deals.
I think i first saw the type on the pap m77, same deal. The design is cool basically a removable cup that the piston fits into at the block and has teeth corresponding to different diameter holes that act as flow valves. The cup has grooves on the outside that fit a prong riveted to the gas tube and each numbered groove corresponds to a port.

For those reading in that didn't know.
MP WTS Custom Mags