Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-74s

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 12:34 PM   #36
voron
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 174098

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptuneTriton View Post
Yes, all of these 104's are imported with 16" barrels and then Arsenal does the final SBR work at their facility in LV. That's still considered a "Factory SBR" because the work wasn't done in a private garage by some bubba with a hacksaw and a vise. All things equal, if placed side by side in an auction, the factory SBR will fetch more money then the garage job will, therefore being the better investment.

this is where you lost me.

i know that lots of people complain about Arsenal's crappy finish, but i have seen major "factory" issues like having the headspace off, use of incorrect rivets, canted sights, faulty triggers and shitty crowning jobs.

yea, i have done plenty "bubba" jobs, and have seen many good friends do "bubba" jobs that came way ahead of Arsenals "FACTORY" job.

LOL

BAN SIG 2017

Last edited by voron; 01-12-2018 at 03:38 PM.
voron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:45 PM   #37
red_october

AKaholic #: 195147

I think I’m going to get another 5.45 Vepr (fixed stock) and forget about a 5.45 SBR for now
red_october is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:29 PM   #38
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
Contributor

AKaholic #: 159575

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmax29 View Post
Read a few posts above me mentioning they do dingus....
Quote:
Originally Posted by chknfkr View Post
That was satire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanr256 View Post
I was parroting the common belief about the UR. I then provided links that demonstrate quite the opposite. My use of "turn ratio", "keyhole machine" and "garage gunsmith" was an indication I was poking fun.

And then, like clockwork, there's a post referencing Bubba's that cut their barrel in their garage (garage gunsmiths).

This topic has been done to death here. That's why I provided links. Some of us derive amusement when topics such as this come up because, yes, we have been there, done that. Literally. Some of us were the first to submit our Form 1 even though we were told it will never shoot straight.

Holy crap! Really!?! Well, shit. I would have never guessed that.

-Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmax29 View Post
cool
Exactly what Bob "ryanr256" mentioned above. When the SLR104UR was first introduced, "ryanr256" and I were one of the first akfile members that was willing to take a chance and proceeded to go ahead and chop the 104ur barrel. There were plenty of doubters and many say "it will keyhole" due to the wrong twist ratio. Well, we've proved them wrong.

"Mrgunsngear" decided to make a DIY video after he saw the original thread that I posted in the Krink section. http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=119

Yeah, both "ryanr256" and I usually joke about it each time we see new thread pop up about what issues will the SLR104UR have after chopping the barrel and will it "keyhole."

Last edited by islandfocus2; 01-12-2018 at 03:35 PM.
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:53 PM   #39
ryanr256
5.45 FTW

AKaholic #: 157129

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
Exactly what Bob "ryanr256" mentioned above. When the SLR104UR was first introduced, "ryanr256" and I were one of the first akfile members that was willing to take a chance and proceeded to go ahead and chop the 104ur barrel. There were plenty of doubters and many say "it will keyhole" due to the wrong twist ratio. Well, we've proved them wrong.

"Mrgunsngear" decided to make a DIY video after he saw the original thread that I posted in the Krink section. http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=119

Yeah, both "ryanr256" and I usually joke about it each time we see new thread pop up about what issues will the SLR104UR have after chopping the barrel and will it "keyhole."

Yeah, we took a bunch of shit going against the grain. Now we laugh at it. Hell, I've even suppressed mine and I read all the time that AKs can't be suppressed, or that it isn't worth it to suppress an AK.

I laugh at that too.

The main point is, do whatever the f**k you want to do. The Internets is full of opinionated people. Just ask 'em. Doesn't mean they have experience.

-Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by chknfkr View Post
Everybody needs a rifle with a magazine longer than its barrel.
ryanr256 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:21 AM   #40
redmax29

AKaholic #: 157962
Location: Either the 2nd or 3rd level of hell. It's too hot to tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanr256 View Post
The main point is, do whatever the f**k you want to do. The Internets is full of opinionated people. Just ask 'em. Doesn't mean they have experience.

-Bob
This. 100% this.
redmax29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:27 AM   #41
Flankenstein
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 172491

Fuck I guess we got to wait another 10 years for ol boy jorge to come back and drop some knowledge on us. I'll wait.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:45 PM   #42
lxpony
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 3927

Bunch of misinfo in this thread
Old 01-14-2018, 10:19 PM   #43
chknfkr
Low balling stupid BASTARD

AKaholic #: 172241

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxpony View Post
Bunch of misinfo in this thread