Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Handgun Forums > General Handgun Discussion

Notices

Old 02-12-2017, 10:22 AM   #1
craigntx
team ftp

AKaholic #: 45512
Default Any glock 34 owners? Seeking Houston armorer

Decided to pull the trigger on a gen4 through sportsmans on the 4pay. I had thought it came with some trigger improvements but i may be wrong. I know some trigger work can make them un-reliable. Any tips on improving this? Any other upgrades?
Thanks
Edit: need a Houston armorer too

Ride home pic

Last edited by craigntx; 02-15-2017 at 09:41 PM.
craigntx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:32 AM   #2
garym1a2

AKaholic #: 8779

I have a Glock 35,22,21sf, 19. The only changes I make is a 3.5lb gost connector, steel recoil spring rods and good sights. Never use aftermarket trigger return springs. Dont mess with the safety plunger parts.
garym1a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:59 AM   #3
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -

AKaholic #: 157162

Quote:
Originally Posted by garym1a2 View Post
Never use aftermarket trigger return springs. Dont mess with the safety plunger parts.
..........Ill chime in and suggest entirely different

OP: I have a 43, a 26, a 19, a 21, had another 26 and another 19

Every single one of them gets the same $30 upgrade, every single one of them has performed flawlessly, every single one of them has passed dropped tests and are safe, every single one of them feels awesome and pretty much the same (the 43 is the only one I use ghost parts in because ZEV did not offer them)

1) Fitz polish and a few q tips - polish the plunger arm, cross on trigger bar, and both flat parts on the back of the trigger bar - takes about 10 min

2) Zev V4 race connector, Zev 6lb trigger return spring, Zev reduced power plunger spring - Whole kit can be had for $26 - kit comes with a reduced striker spring but do not use it

3) KEEP THE FACTORY RECOIL ASSEMBLY - unlike Garys suggestion, Steel, tungsten, ones etc have shown to CAUSE reliability issues and there is literally no reason for them unless you are looking to add weight to the front of the gun to counter act muzzle rise, which for a 34 you should not be worrying about
Sublimeon24s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:10 AM   #4
craigntx
team ftp

$26 parts upgrade.
Fantastic
Applies to gen4 also?
Old 02-12-2017, 01:31 PM   #5
giantpune
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 188807

I own a G34 and a G26, both gen 4. I actually got spoiled shooting the G34 for a few months before I got the G26. The G34 has a smooth trigger and a lighter pull. It also has the extended slide release and adjustable rear sight. The G26 (and my buddy's G19) has the standard serrated/ribbed Glock trigger and compared to what I was used to on the 34, it really does feel like a staple gun. It's been on my todo list for a year now to swap my G26 over to the G34 trigger - both for the smooth surface and the lighter pull.
giantpune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:27 PM   #6
garym1a2

AKaholic #: 8779

I had aftermarket 6lb trigger return spring fail on my G22 in a USPSA match. I also had one fail on my G21SF in a practice session.
I dont kno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimeon24s View Post
..........Ill chime in and suggest entirely different

OP: I have a 43, a 26, a 19, a 21, had another 26 and another 19

Every single one of them gets the same $30 upgrade, every single one of them has performed flawlessly, every single one of them has passed dropped tests and are safe, every single one of them feels awesome and pretty much the same (the 43 is the only one I use ghost parts in because ZEV did not offer them)

1) Fitz polish and a few q tips - polish the plunger arm, cross on trigger bar, and both flat parts on the back of the trigger bar - takes about 10 min

2) Zev V4 race connector, Zev 6lb trigger return spring, Zev reduced power plunger spring - Whole kit can be had for $26 - kit comes with a reduced striker spring but do not use it

3) KEEP THE FACTORY RECOIL ASSEMBLY - unlike Garys suggestion, Steel, tungsten, ones etc have shown to CAUSE reliability issues and there is literally no reason for them unless you are looking to add weight to the front of the gun to counter act muzzle rise, which for a 34 you should not be worrying about
garym1a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:48 PM   #7
Dave Williams
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 163660

I've got a Gen 4 Glock 34 and it does come with a lighter Glock factory connector standard. I'm not sure but I think the typical one is about 5lbs and the 34 is 3.5 or something like that. Sorry not totally up on this. All I know is it's a decent trigger for a Glock. I love the extended slide release too, much better than the standard one. Mines a good gun and I have no complaints.

I did try a Ghost connector one time in another Glock and it failed big time, wouldn't reset the trigger. After that experience I only use original Glock parts.

I'll probably do a Flitz polish job on my parts as mentioned above just to smooth things out, although with several thousand rounds through it I'm pretty sure it's smoothed out quite well by now, but I could be wrong. I don't think you'll have any regrets.
Dave Williams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 03:12 PM   #8
arndog123

AKaholic #: 180802

My G 17L, 35, 41 all came with minus connectors so I installed the same in my 26, 23 and 22. Also installed OC customs trigger shoe and bar on all of them. They use all factory parts and polish up everything. The actual trigger face is also smoothed out and the trigger safety is flush when trigger is pulled. Tried the V4 connectors but they didn't feel as crisp as the minus ones.
arndog123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:17 AM   #9
ncsaiga12

AKaholic #: 155617

I have a 17L as well and love the stock minus trigger, I actually installed a light weight striker spring and it lightens it up even more. I would definitely recommend shooting it first and then polishing some spots in it before buying any new parts for it though. Enjoy it. They are great guns
ncsaiga12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:42 PM   #10
craigntx
team ftp

Trigger feels beta even dry firing
Old 02-15-2017, 10:53 PM   #11
FangedRabbit
Professional Lurker

AKaholic #: 170724

A little polishing goes a long ways. After some shining and deburring, the trigger in my 19 was crisp and about 4.5lbs. The trigger was also from a 17 because I like the smooth face better. I've still got my "gen 3 upgrade kit", but don't intend to get a glock again.
FangedRabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:32 PM   #12
Ram Rod
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 182786

The G34 should come with a - connector installed and smooth face trigger of course and that's about it IIRC. Makes for a slightly lighter trigger pull and a bit shorter reset. I believe this was/is standard Glock practice for all of the "competition" models which include the G34.
Three years as a Glock certified armorer doesn't mean I'm right about all of that (disclaimer here).
What could a Glock armorer do for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugroza View Post
In all seriousness I cant tell whether some of you are simply blind, ignorant or stupid..
DEFCON 3.3
Ram Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:56 PM   #13
Ram Rod
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by garym1a2 View Post
I had aftermarket 6lb trigger return spring fail on my G22 in a USPSA match. I also had one fail on my G21SF in a practice session.
I don't know
You do know that you can still shoot a Glock with a broken trigger spring right?
You'll just need to be fast with manually cycling the slide if you're doing a match and be careful not to get a DQ for "handling". Might save you the penalty for not completing a course of fire or time depending. Carrying spare parts is always good though. Trigger spring is a 30 second swap.....a minute tops. OEM parts are always best.

Quote:
In all seriousness I cant tell whether some of you are simply blind, ignorant or stupid..
DEFCON 3.3
Old 02-16-2017, 09:43 AM   #14
craigntx
team ftp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
What could a Glock armorer do for you?
Get it back together right
Old 02-16-2017, 10:50 AM   #15
Ram Rod
Curio & Relic
Contributor

PM sent

Quote:
DEFCON 3.3
Old 02-16-2017, 03:43 PM   #16
chuwee81

AKaholic #: 51366

Got a G34 and yes, the trigger is pretty awesome compared to others i've held and tried. I did the polish job as well and it works even better. I can't help you with an armorer but I did put mine back together myself. I would offer you to PM me but ramrod beat me to it
chuwee81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:06 AM   #17
Ram Rod
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuwee81 View Post
Got a G34 and yes, the trigger is pretty awesome compared to others i've held and tried. I did the polish job as well and it works even better. I can't help you with an armorer but I did put mine back together myself. I would offer you to PM me but ramrod beat me to it
By all means. Sounds like the OP needs some assistance. I figure with enough information and input....this might be solved in house.
I once locked up a G17 putting it back together. I mean rock solid jammed slide would not move. I forget how I got it all squared away now. Might have involved a rubber mallet. That was before armorer's class though.

Quote:
DEFCON 3.3
Old 02-17-2017, 12:21 PM   #18
craigntx
team ftp

Shoots like a dream. Ill have to upgrade all my glocks now
Wwb 115gr. Did have 1 btf.
Handloads 115fmj over titegroup (4.5+-)
115 precision bullets coated over 4.5 titegroup was the best i had. Nice point of aim but did leave some lead behind so ill go back to misery bullet co. In my 45 glock they shot clean (230 gr softball over 4.8 titegroup)
Or it might just be the combo of tg+ lead in 9mm.
Hopefully not
Used the relatively new magpul 21rd mag exclusively.
Gotta get more of those. Great price at 44mag.com

Last edited by craigntx; 02-17-2017 at 12:33 PM.
craigntx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:00 AM   #19
chuwee81

AKaholic #: 51366

Glad you got it fixed. It's my go to bedside gun with TLR-3 plus a +2 extension from pierce (?) so now it'll hold 19+1.
chuwee81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:00 PM   #20
craigntx
team ftp

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuwee81 View Post
Glad you got it fixed. It's my go to bedside gun with TLR-3 plus a +2 extension from pierce (?) so now it'll hold 19+1.
Oh it was never broke I was just looking for an armorer to do improvements
These 21rd magpul mags are great. Fits in truck console