Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > SKSs, SVTs and other orphans

Notices

Old 04-15-2018, 11:08 PM   #1
tibodoe
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 156103
Default Yugo SKS barreled receivers value.

The marketplace for a local forum has
2 Yugo SKS barreled receivers for sale.
He is asking $120 for both.
I have no idea of this is a good deal,
or if I could even buy the parts to complete the
rifles?
Any input from yíall would help.
tibodoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:17 AM   #2
Black B15
Not giving a fuck....

AKaholic #: 171898

There is nowhere to get receivers that I am aware of, so this is the only way short of buying a complete rifle to get a Yugo SKS receiver.

From that perspective I would say $120 isn’t bad. I can’t tell from your post if they are $120 each or $120 for both. Either way, they aren’t importing any more SKS rifles or receivers, so what is here is likely all there will ever will be.

Finishing them out won’t be difficult, but likely you’ll end up spending more to piece one together compared to just buying a complete rifle. People usually sell those completeilled trigger housings for the Yugo SKS for around $100. Bolt and carrier, maybe $50-70. Good wood Yugo stock and gas tube & cover, that may be harder to find but they are out there.

Stuff like gas piston, operating rod and spring, etc are all readily available both as original stock or new US replacements for pretty good prices. Would also recommend a Murray’s gas valve for these yugos.

Last edited by Black B15; 04-16-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Black B15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:30 PM   #3
tibodoe
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 156103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black B15 View Post
There is nowhere to get receivers that I am aware of, so this is the only way short of buying a complete rifle to get a Yugo SKS receiver.

From that perspective I would say $120 isnít bad. I canít tell from your post if they are $120 each or $120 for both. Either way, they arenít importing any more SKS rifles or receivers, so what is here is likely all there will ever will be.

Finishing them out wonít be difficult, but likely youíll end up spending more to piece one together compared to just buying a complete rifle. People usually sell those completeilled trigger housings for the Yugo SKS for around $100. Bolt and carrier, maybe $50-70. Good wood Yugo stock and gas tube & cover, that may be harder to find but they are out there.

Stuff like gas piston, operating rod and spring, etc are all readily available both as original stock or new US replacements for pretty good prices. Would also recommend a Murrayís gas valve for these yugos.
Thanks for all the good info.
The barreled receivers are $60 a piece. I sent a pm to have a look at them.
tibodoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:08 PM   #4
HOG76
Veteran Member
Contributor

AKaholic #: 158773

Cheaper to buy a complete rifle
HOG76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:19 PM   #5
rstrobel
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 167348

what are they worth? very little IMO, the parts individually are too expensive to justify building it

a lot of yugo SKS rifles have been imported lately, I wouldn't buy receivers except as a decoration for my desk maybe
rstrobel is online now   Reply With Quote