Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Handgun Forums > General Handgun Discussion

Notices

Old 07-20-2018, 10:37 PM   #36
PistolPete
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 157758

The Franklin Binary triggers will be available for the Evo around September supposedly. I'll probably pick one up at some point for my SBR'd Evo.
PistolPete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:23 AM   #37
burninglegs
Where we go one we go all

AKaholic #: 183372

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete View Post
The Franklin Binary triggers will be available for the Evo around September supposedly. I'll probably pick one up at some point for my SBR'd Evo.
MSRP is $500 right? A bit more than I would want to spend. But really, not until I could find it locally where I could pay cash and have no paper trail would I get one. Ordering online with credit card just is a no go. I'll wait until I can get one with cash. Wish they were close to $300, but I know that is a pipe dream for something like this.
burninglegs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:04 AM   #38
sboone
MAK Attacker

AKaholic #: 179556

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninglegs View Post
MSRP is $500 right? A bit more than I would want to spend. But really, not until I could find it locally where I could pay cash and have no paper trail would I get one. Ordering online with credit card just is a no go. I'll wait until I can get one with cash. Wish they were close to $300, but I know that is a pipe dream for something like this.
Pre order is $500, not sure if that will go up or down after those are filled

“People of Wal-Mart”- the most dangerous large game in North America

When you speak and spread the truth you become a point of light in darkest day and darkest night
sboone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:06 AM   #39
esh21167
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 170974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet5ltr View Post
... Post #7

These are going to go for somewhere around $950-$1,050 retail (post #19). Can't build it for that out of a current Scorpion EVO.
But is one already had an SBR EVO, it might make sense to get a micro-K barrel assembly.
esh21167 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:14 PM   #40
PistolPete
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 157758

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninglegs View Post
I didn't mind paying $450-$475 for my AR binary triggers but less would be better.

The price of the trigger is only part of the cost really, blowing through mags starts adding up fast.
PistolPete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:13 AM   #41
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 167813

Quote:
Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
But is one already had an SBR EVO, it might make sense to get a micro-K barrel assembly.
That would be a great choice for current owners.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:26 PM   #42
burninglegs

Those of you that already have the Scorpion Evo 3 (7.7"), are you going to get the Micro as well? I know 3.7" is 3.7" saved. I will be using my Scorpion as a suppressor host. So I see the benefit of the Micro. I think they both look great suppressed.

Ballistics out to 100-125 yards should be similar between the two. Those of you planning on getting a Micro, are you going to keep your 7.7" Scorpion as well or sell it?
Old 08-06-2018, 12:12 AM   #43
sboone
MAK Attacker

AKaholic #: 179556

Not getting the micro, personally if I need more compact with a full size barrel I’ll take my 75B, but I like the scorpion for the size it was designed at initially. I don’t run subsonic much but run suppressed always. Just personal preference, with the 7.7” you have a 150 yard capable gun whether you want to stretch that far or not. Just my opinion but I think PDW’s should have a ballistic advantage over a handgun.

“People of Wal-Mart”- the most dangerous large game in North America

When you speak and spread the truth you become a point of light in darkest day and darkest night
sboone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:43 AM   #44
Fire4Effect
Tap, rack, bang

AKaholic #: 181925

With PSA dropping the 9mm AK that takes evo mags, easy pass.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:46 AM   #45
burninglegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire4Effect View Post
Meh. One will probably need to wait until gen 2 for the PSA based on past history. CZ = legit military small arms factory. PSA = consumer gun assembler.
Old 08-06-2018, 03:22 PM   #46
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member

Quote:
Really tough to understand the logic, as the unreleased PSA 9mm AKM is a consumer grade firearm that was built to fill a niche'.

Scorpion EVO 3 S1 is a true MIL/LEO firearm, passed NATO testing standards, and currently has been adopted by over twenty countries.

For those not understanding the purpose of this model, the Micro was designed for LE. Built specifically to run suppressed.

The LE model is designated as Scorpion EVO 3 Micro S2 Reflex (factory suppressed SBR).
Old 08-06-2018, 03:34 PM   #47
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 176461

Quote:
That wire stock looks very uncomfortable.
I fully believe you would bitch and moan if you were given a stock made out of plump female breasts.
Stopsign32v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:37 PM   #48
Fire4Effect
Tap, rack, bang

AKaholic #: 181925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
I fully believe you would bitch and moan if you were given a stock made out of plump female breasts.
You cz fanboys are to ez. Looks like PSA is going to kill the evo market real soon. On the plus side they'll be producing evo mags for half the cost of cz.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:58 AM   #49
PeterGriffin

AKaholic #: 179306

I have an EVO 3 and I'm planning on getting the Micro too...why not?!
PeterGriffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:27 AM   #50
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member

Quote:
You cz fanboys are to ez. Looks like PSA is going to kill the evo market real soon. On the plus side they'll be producing evo mags for half the cost of cz.
10.5" barrel PSAK-9 (may be other models) vs. 4.1" barrel Scorpion Micro. Given everything is equal, PSAK-9 will be near the same OAL as the Micro with a can.

I haven't read anywhere discussing the weight, but we can all imagine that an AKM platform is going to be much heavier than the polymer chassis Scorpion. Vityaz is nearly 6 1/2 lbs (NAK-9 is very close to this). Scorpion is lighter than both with a full magazine..

CZ 30-rd factory mags are $19.95/ea. Manticore Arms (upgraded) 32-rd magazines with steel feed lips are $19.99/ea.

Half the cost, curious where you are getting this information and why PSA would invest R&D to produce this magazine for $9.99/ea?

Last edited by Sweet5ltr; 08-08-2018 at 11:50 AM.
Sweet5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:16 AM   #51
John A.
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 178172

Quote:
I don't recall psa ever mentioning a price yet. Other than "competitive".

If they can sell mags for $10 each that work well, they'll corner the market.
John A. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:03 PM   #52
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A. View Post
I don't recall psa ever mentioning a price yet. Other than "competitive".

If they can sell mags for $10 each that work well, they'll corner the market.
John, I'm not sure PSA has mentioned any definite price, other than some articles stating it will be below $1,000 MSRP.

I'm PRO PSA for sure, but they don't have a great track record with AKM's currently, hope this changes with the PSAK-9.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:28 PM   #53
John A.
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 178172

Quote:
I'm PRO PSA for sure, but they don't have a great track record with AKM's currently, hope this changes with the PSAK-9.
I'm certainly not pro psa. I'm not necessarily anti psa either, but their CS was non-existant when I bought that midlength from them when I needed it.

The barrel had the wrong gas port diameter and short stroked, failed to feed, ejection at the 5 o'clock position when it did work, etc.

With that said, that was my one and only bad experience with them. While I understand that sometimes stuff happens, it was how they handled it that soured my opinion of them.

They did not reply to any of the emails that I mailed about it, and I called in twice and the phone was never answered. After 45 minutes in line to speak to someone both times, I ultimately hung up the phone.

I even wrote a fair review of the upper and noted what the gas port diameter was, in which they moderated my review completely and never did publish it.

Twice.

So, while they full well knew of the problem, multiple times, they did nothing to step in and fix it. No replies to the emails, nothing.

I trouble-shooted it and ended up fixing it myself by enlarging the gas port.

So, for those that have bought from them and gotten good stuff, great. So have I.

But for anyone that gets something messed up, all I can say is good luck getting them to stand behind it. They wanted nothing to do with repairing or replacing my barrel. Couldn't even get them to respond about it.

What's the old saying?

Once bitten twice shy?

Screw me once shame on you. Screw me twice....

Yeah, I don't forget.
John A. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:37 PM   #54
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A. View Post
I'm certainly not pro psa. I'm not necessarily anti psa either, but their CS was non-existant when I bought that midlength from them when I needed it.

The barrel had the wrong gas port diameter and short stroked, failed to feed, ejection at the 5 o'clock position when it did work, etc.

With that said, that was my one and only bad experience with them. While I understand that sometimes stuff happens, it was how they handled it that soured my opinion of them.

They did not reply to any of the emails that I mailed about it, and I called in twice and the phone was never answered. After 45 minutes in line to speak to someone both times, I ultimately hung up the phone.

I even wrote a fair review of the upper and noted what the gas port diameter was, in which they moderated my review completely and never did publish it.

Twice.

So, while they full well knew of the problem, multiple times, they did nothing to step in and fix it. No replies to the emails, nothing.

I trouble-shooted it and ended up fixing it myself by enlarging the gas port.

So, for those that have bought from them and gotten good stuff, great. So have I.

But for anyone that gets something messed up, all I can say is good luck getting them to stand behind it. They wanted nothing to do with repairing or replacing my barrel. Couldn't even get them to respond about it.

What's the old saying?

Once bitten twice shy?

Screw me once shame on you. Screw me twice....

Yeah, I don't forget.
I only utilize their lowers John, I'm PRO PSA as long as I can get a complete quality lower receiver for $150 or less.

No experience with their uppers, really unfortunate what happened to you. Can understand why you feel that way!
Old 08-09-2018, 01:26 PM   #55
Rev06
Titanium Member
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 185972

I waited and waited for the Micro, summer 2018 is now dwindling away. Couldn't wait any more and got an MP5 clone, the PTR 9CT, which has been outstanding.

However, if CZ can deliver the Micro for under $1,000 and slap an aluminum gear hook on the end rather than rubber I will be sorely tempted. Even more portable, and lighter than the MP5 w 8.71" barrel.

I guess I'll be tempted no matter what.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:47 PM   #56
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev06 View Post
I waited and waited for the Micro, summer 2018 is now dwindling away. Couldn't wait any more and got an MP5 clone, the PTR 9CT, which has been outstanding.

However, if CZ can deliver the Micro for under $1,000 and slap an aluminum gear hook on the end rather than rubber I will be sorely tempted. Even more portable, and lighter than the MP5 w 8.71" barrel.

I guess I'll be tempted no matter what.
Yes, it's going to be under $1,000 retail as quite a few sites already have listed them.

I actually received a reply from CZ customer service a few days ago, but they didn't give me any more info; just to place an order with my distributor and it will ship summer 2018. Seems like the Czechs' have a different meaning for the word summer than we do.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:56 PM   #57
esh21167
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 170974

Quote:
Yes, it's going to be under $1,000 retail as quite a few sites already have listed them.

I actually received a reply from CZ customer service a few days ago, but they didn't give me any more info; just to place an order with my distributor and it will ship summer 2018. Seems like the Czechs' have a different meaning for the word summer than we do.
Well, summer doesn't technically end until September 22nd.
esh21167 is online now   Reply With Quote