Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Optics

Notices

Old 05-14-2018, 10:03 AM   #1
Archetype

AKaholic #: 87807
Default POSP 4x24 optic illumination issue

I picked up a PSL last week and it came with a 4x POSP scope. Everything’s fine with it except I put a brand new battery in it and it still doesn’t do anything when I flip the illumination switch. Any solutions out there for this?
Archetype is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
Bacon&AlcoholDistributor
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183128

Make sure you put batteries the right way.
Wipe any contacts from possible oxidation.
Replace bulb (they are fairly inexpensive and come in different colors as well).
Close front cap and look in the dark room, these scope's illumination was not designed to be day bright, it's for dusk/dawn and night use.

There's also a chance someone at the factory screw up on a circuit assembly.
Bacon&AlcoholDistributor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:56 AM   #3
SAIGA 5.45
King of the Apemen

AKaholic #: 174648

Probably a burnt out bulb

The next Miss America will be David Hogg- Owen Benjamin.
SAIGA 5.45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:47 AM   #4
Crazig

AKaholic #: 194977

I just ordered one of the 1.5 volt red LED bulbs + AA battery compartment adapter LID for my Zenit Belomo 4x24B POSP scope. We have a Poltergeist here - who flips the switch on my scope - so I always find it turned on with dead batteries - which aren't cheap. This adapter lid will make it much easier to just remove the 1 battery when not in use. I also like the extreme longevity of LED bulbs. I got a good package deal from the Russian vendor on Ebay, he is combining shipping with a nice looking canvas scope cover with leather trim.
Crazig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:03 PM   #5
Bacon&AlcoholDistributor
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183128

^
I'm beginning to think you are probably that vendor........ or, have some type of connection to him.
Bacon&AlcoholDistributor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:02 PM   #6
TX-Zen

AKaholic #: 161660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazig View Post
I just ordered one of the 1.5 volt red LED bulbs + AA battery compartment adapter LID for my Zenit Belomo 4x24B POSP scope. We have a Poltergeist here - who flips the switch on my scope - so I always find it turned on with dead batteries - which aren't cheap. This adapter lid will make it much easier to just remove the 1 battery when not in use. I also like the extreme longevity of LED bulbs. I got a good package deal from the Russian vendor on Ebay, he is combining shipping with a nice looking canvas scope cover with leather trim.
You are some kind of shill

All you do is spout nonsense and random shit based on the 2 POSPs you have had

http://RussianOptics.net
TX-Zen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 06:51 PM   #7
Crazig

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-Zen View Post
You are some kind of shill

All you do is spout nonsense and random shit based on the 2 POSPs you have had

No I'm a Russian troll assigned to draw out mean & rude people on this site.
Looks like its working.
I actually found a very personable & generous dealer in Moscow & purchased the new goods on Ebay, At a good price.
But since Mr TX-ZEN is the big shot know it all who flames my posts - I'll keep what I learn about my hobby to myself. not enjoying this friendly welcoming forum much either.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:58 AM   #8
TX-Zen

AKaholic #: 161660

Seems like you actually just want to stir things up and get some attention. Seen it many times before

You come on with limited knowledge about POSPs but act like an expert and then when people like Bacon and I corrected you you doubled down and insisted you knew what you were talking about. You don't. It's really simple

In another post you were telling someone that two of the worst side mounts on the market are better choices than RS or NPZ ... and in the same post still confused about what fits the SVD or the AK

We were all newbs once but you are trying to pass off like you know something about these optics. You don't, so stop pretending to the forum that you do. Instead I would say shut up and learn something rather than doubling down on stupid

The Files is a place where people call you on BS. That's what makes it an honest place to learn and understand things. If you start talking crap be prepared for people to call you on it

http://RussianOptics.net
TX-Zen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:38 AM   #9
Crazig

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-Zen View Post
Seems like you actually just want to stir things up and get some attention. Seen it many times before

You come on with limited knowledge about POSPs but act like an expert and then when people like Bacon and I corrected you you doubled down and insisted you knew what you were talking about. You don't. It's really simple

In another post you were telling someone that two of the worst side mounts on the market are better choices than RS or NPZ ... and in the same post still confused about what fits the SVD or the AK

We were all newbs once but you are trying to pass off like you know something about these optics. You don't, so stop pretending to the forum that you do. Instead I would say shut up and learn something rather than doubling down on stupid

The Files is a place where people call you on BS. That's what makes it an honest place to learn and understand things. If you start talking crap be prepared for people to call you on it
I have as much right to my opinion as you. But as most bullies, you must feel the need to push people around. I looked over your site & am unimpressed, & disagree with some of the info.
I have also encountered some of the nastiest people yet on this forum, who I wouldn't be surprised to learn are criminal types. frankly I'm ashamed to be associated with them, & don't need one more damned bit of it.
So, I'm out of here - you can now strut around & feel superior for running me off. I don't need you - or any of your type.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:06 PM   #10
daprojectturtle

AKaholic #: 183617

BYE FELICIA
daprojectturtle is online now   Reply With Quote