Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Optics

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2018, 10:03 AM   #1
Archetype
Member
 
AKaholic #: 87807
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 315
Default POSP 4x24 optic illumination issue

I picked up a PSL last week and it came with a 4x POSP scope. Everything’s fine with it except I put a brand new battery in it and it still doesn’t do anything when I flip the illumination switch. Any solutions out there for this?
Archetype is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
Bacon&AlcoholDistributor
Curio & Relic
 
Bacon&AlcoholDistributor's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 183128
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: NV-CA (here and there).
Posts: 2,042
Default

Make sure you put batteries the right way.
Wipe any contacts from possible oxidation.
Replace bulb (they are fairly inexpensive and come in different colors as well).
Close front cap and look in the dark room, these scope's illumination was not designed to be day bright, it's for dusk/dawn and night use.

There's also a chance someone at the factory screw up on a circuit assembly.
Bacon&AlcoholDistributor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:56 AM   #3
SAIGA 5.45
King of the Apemen
 
SAIGA 5.45's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 174648
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 15,426
Default

Probably a burnt out bulb
__________________
I should be back in Jacksonville, putting my spicy man meat into a mother/daughter sandwich, that's what I want- Ashley J. Williams


The next Miss America will be David Hogg- Owen Benjamin.
SAIGA 5.45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:47 AM   #4
Crazig
Member
 
AKaholic #: 194977
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Talking Rock, Georgia
Posts: 82
Default

I just ordered one of the 1.5 volt red LED bulbs + AA battery compartment adapter LID for my Zenit Belomo 4x24B POSP scope. We have a Poltergeist here - who flips the switch on my scope - so I always find it turned on with dead batteries - which aren't cheap. This adapter lid will make it much easier to just remove the 1 battery when not in use. I also like the extreme longevity of LED bulbs. I got a good package deal from the Russian vendor on Ebay, he is combining shipping with a nice looking canvas scope cover with leather trim.
Crazig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:03 PM   #5
Bacon&AlcoholDistributor
Curio & Relic
 
Bacon&AlcoholDistributor's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 183128
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: NV-CA (here and there).
Posts: 2,042
Default

^
I'm beginning to think you are probably that vendor........ or, have some type of connection to him.
Bacon&AlcoholDistributor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:02 PM   #6
TX-Zen
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 161660
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazig View Post
I just ordered one of the 1.5 volt red LED bulbs + AA battery compartment adapter LID for my Zenit Belomo 4x24B POSP scope. We have a Poltergeist here - who flips the switch on my scope - so I always find it turned on with dead batteries - which aren't cheap. This adapter lid will make it much easier to just remove the 1 battery when not in use. I also like the extreme longevity of LED bulbs. I got a good package deal from the Russian vendor on Ebay, he is combining shipping with a nice looking canvas scope cover with leather trim.
You are some kind of shill


All you do is spout nonsense and random shit based on the 2 POSPs you have had
__________________
Z

http://RussianOptics.net
TX-Zen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 06:51 PM   #7
Crazig
Member
 
AKaholic #: 194977
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Talking Rock, Georgia
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-Zen View Post
You are some kind of shill


All you do is spout nonsense and random shit based on the 2 POSPs you have had

No I'm a Russian troll assigned to draw out mean & rude people on this site.
Looks like its working.
I actually found a very personable & generous dealer in Moscow & purchased the new goods on Ebay, At a good price.
But since Mr TX-ZEN is the big shot know it all who flames my posts - I'll keep what I learn about my hobby to myself. not enjoying this friendly welcoming forum much either.
Crazig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:58 AM   #8
TX-Zen
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 161660
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 780
Default

Seems like you actually just want to stir things up and get some attention. Seen it many times before

You come on with limited knowledge about POSPs but act like an expert and then when people like Bacon and I corrected you you doubled down and insisted you knew what you were talking about. You don't. It's really simple

In another post you were telling someone that two of the worst side mounts on the market are better choices than RS or NPZ ... and in the same post still confused about what fits the SVD or the AK

We were all newbs once but you are trying to pass off like you know something about these optics. You don't, so stop pretending to the forum that you do. Instead I would say shut up and learn something rather than doubling down on stupid

The Files is a place where people call you on BS. That's what makes it an honest place to learn and understand things. If you start talking crap be prepared for people to call you on it
__________________
Z

http://RussianOptics.net
TX-Zen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:38 AM   #9
Crazig
Member
 
AKaholic #: 194977
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Talking Rock, Georgia
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-Zen View Post
Seems like you actually just want to stir things up and get some attention. Seen it many times before

You come on with limited knowledge about POSPs but act like an expert and then when people like Bacon and I corrected you you doubled down and insisted you knew what you were talking about. You don't. It's really simple

In another post you were telling someone that two of the worst side mounts on the market are better choices than RS or NPZ ... and in the same post still confused about what fits the SVD or the AK

We were all newbs once but you are trying to pass off like you know something about these optics. You don't, so stop pretending to the forum that you do. Instead I would say shut up and learn something rather than doubling down on stupid

The Files is a place where people call you on BS. That's what makes it an honest place to learn and understand things. If you start talking crap be prepared for people to call you on it
I have as much right to my opinion as you. But as most bullies, you must feel the need to push people around. I looked over your site & am unimpressed, & disagree with some of the info.
I have also encountered some of the nastiest people yet on this forum, who I wouldn't be surprised to learn are criminal types. frankly I'm ashamed to be associated with them, & don't need one more damned bit of it.
So, I'm out of here - you can now strut around & feel superior for running me off. I don't need you - or any of your type.
Crazig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:06 PM   #10
daprojectturtle
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 183617
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Liberal Nation
Posts: 779
Default

BYE FELICIA
daprojectturtle is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The AK FIles