Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Gear & Accessories

Notices

Old 02-04-2018, 07:16 PM   #1
sardo_67

AKaholic #: 26817
Default ZenitCo Perst-3, any hands on experience?

working on finishing a 104 and will be using ZenitCo rails and do a lot of NV shooting so i figured why run a PEQ-15 when i can get a russian one.

however i don't want to spend $1300 or so on junk, can't find any first hand experience witht them so i figured i'd ask here or how they compare to a 15 or similar.

https://ivantactical.com/shop/flashl...r-illuminator/

their red/IR only version, seems good

https://youtu.be/UQNlfsr9-zg
sardo_67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:09 PM   #2
DDHarriman

AKaholic #: 195237

Sardo_67,

I do not have any experience with the Perst-3, but I do have a Perst-4. It is built like a tank, both solid in construction and heavy 8oz, 9.7oz with Kv1p switch. no problems with holding zero. The digital dimming feature is really nice, at the lowest setting i can decrease the dot to a smaller size than my Otal-c IR. probably the greatest oddity I found with it is that all the buttons on the unit and remote switches are all constant on. With that the buttons are all very tactile and operate fine with gloved hands. The mode selector switch is easy to operate and clicks in place with a detent. The body of the unit at its tallest point is only 1", and 1.25"at the elevation cap. The mount is built into the unit so you are looking at less then 1.5" height mounted on the rail. The only con I have for you is the battery door is held down with a hex head screw, horrible to change in field conditions. Remote switches press in and screw down, far better connection then say Steiner's plug design.
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:18 PM   #3
sardo_67

that one is the IR only correct?
Old 02-23-2018, 03:00 AM   #4
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

AKaholic #: 194920
Location: Russia, Oryol ZenitCo AK parts official international dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardo_67 View Post
that one is the IR only correct?
Just to make clear: perst-4 and perst-3 both have dual IR and red lasers. The only difference is that perst-3 has IR illuminator and perst-4 hasnít.
Instagram: @ivan__the__bear
Ivan The Bear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:09 AM   #5
Lcpl1812

AKaholic #: 155898

How would one go about getting one of these legally? It's a ITAR restricted product, so it's not like you can just have it sent straight over.
Lcpl1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:05 PM   #6
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

ITAR is USA regulation regarding export controlled products. Importing accessories doesn’t fall under ITAR.

“International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is a United States regulatory regime to restrict and control the export of defense and military related technologies to safeguard U.S. national security and further U.S. foreign policy objectives.”

We shipped Perst and 2ps-Klesh devices to USA and still hadn’t any customs problems.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:50 PM   #7
sardo_67

i will be getting one of these after i get my 104 running, was going to use a PEQ-15 but seeing this i think it's way cooler and hell, why not keep it all russian.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:23 AM   #8
BL85

AKaholic #: 192972

Quote:
i will be getting one of these after i get my 104 running, was going to use a PEQ-15 but seeing this i think it's way cooler and hell, why not keep it all russian.
Let us know when you get it and use it, Iím looking forward to your report.
BL85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:46 PM   #9
sardo_67

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL85 View Post
Let us know when you get it and use it, Iím looking forward to your report.
do you have any NV or IR stuff?

i see the guy from AK Operators Union has a Perst-3 on his rifle, he's not far from chicago, was hoping maybe someone in his area might want to meet up with him for some side by side comparison or something.

i don't think i'll have one of these till june. my stupid ass bought an RPK-74 that My guns is in the process of building for me.
Old 03-11-2018, 04:51 PM   #10
sardo_67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan The Bear View Post
Just to make clear: perst-4 and perst-3 both have dual IR and red lasers. The only difference is that perst-3 has IR illuminator and perst-4 hasnít.
do they have a "HI" and "LO" settings for the IR laser similar to the american PEQ/DBAL series? i find the HI setting on my lasers is way too much for normal use and could burn my tubes if not careful.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:32 PM   #11
Lcpl1812

Does anyone have a perst 4? I don't need the illuminator, just the IR and visible lasers.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:44 AM   #12
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

Quote:
do they have a "HI" and "LO" settings for the IR laser similar to the american PEQ/DBAL series? i find the HI setting on my lasers is way too much for normal use and could burn my tubes if not careful.
Yes they do. Both 3 and 4 have digital dimming (+ and - buttons on the side of the unit).
Old 03-14-2018, 03:06 AM   #13
sardo_67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcpl1812 View Post
Does anyone have a perst 4? I don't need the illuminator, just the IR and visible lasers.
Why no illuminator?

This may help a little.

Old 03-14-2018, 03:11 AM   #14
sardo_67

This has more info but it's all in Russian so I'm not 100% sure what is going on.
But it seems the IR is on par with a PEQ.
However the perst illuminator isn't compared to the PEQ

https://youtu.be/IqUtuKjmyQE
Old 03-14-2018, 08:51 AM   #15
Lcpl1812

Quote:
Why no illuminator?

This may help a little.

Seems unessary when I have one on my nods and I'm being a cheap bastard. Spending 1/3 the cost and not getting the illuminator means I can have 2 for the amount I was about to spend on a DBAL. But mostly I'm being a cheap bastard and want 2.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:04 PM   #16
sardo_67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcpl1812 View Post
Seems unessary when I have one on my nods and I'm being a cheap bastard. Spending 1/3 the cost and not getting the illuminator means I can have 2 for the amount I was about to spend on a DBAL. But mostly I'm being a cheap bastard and want 2.
what range to you shoot at? if you are in close you can run an IR surefire scout series.
i have full power DBAL and PEQ-2, without the illumninator they are mostly worthless, i run MOD3 binos and always run with the laser on lo and illuminator on hi.

some vids of us running NV and what not. this is first person view from my MOD3, i have a small camera adapter on there.
300blk SBR with VITAL-2 IR where its quiet, louder is my 10" 556 with DBAL

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M-...un-hvOZ7_RKoiE

Last edited by sardo_67; 03-14-2018 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:12 AM   #17
Lcpl1812

Quote:
what range to you shoot at? if you are in close you can run an IR surefire scout series.
i have full power DBAL and PEQ-2, without the illumninator they are mostly worthless, i run MOD3 binos and always run with the laser on lo and illuminator on hi.

some vids of us running NV and what not. this is first person view from my MOD3, i have a small camera adapter on there.
300blk SBR with VITAL-2 IR where its quiet, louder is my 10" 556 with DBAL

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M-...un-hvOZ7_RKoiE
What gen NOD's are you running? I'm normally using gen 2+ (2 sets of those) and mostly haven't had a need for my illumninator at all. I'm mostly out on clear nights. Admittedly, the tubes on my gen 2's are probably some of the best gen 2 tubes I've ever looked through, the one I wonder if it was mislabeled. My illumninator is mostly used indoors, and I'd imagine the one on my actual NOD's is probably fine.

My brother has an excellent set of gen 3's and even in near pitch black you can see all.

In the Marine Corps I had a super shitty gen 1 set that I used to backup the tank. Everything else I did was thermal. So my military experience with NOD's is super limited, couple of trainings with a PEQ 15 is all.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:14 PM   #18
sardo_67

MOD3s with 10160 tubes on a team wendy carbon bump, forget the exact spec on them but newer Gen3 from military ANVIS-9s that i first got then swapped some parts around.

when i shoot steel in the woods it's hard to find it and ID what is what since it all looks green.

other guy has brand new WP Sents from TNVC he paid like 9k for, i have maybe 4,500 i into my entire head rig, binos, helmet, mount other parts, bought used parts lots off Arfcom and FB groups then had Nightlong Industries do the swapping and work.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:23 PM   #19
Lcpl1812

Quote:
MOD3s with 10160 tubes on a team wendy carbon bump, forget the exact spec on them but newer Gen3 from military ANVIS-9s that i first got then swapped some parts around.

when i shoot steel in the woods it's hard to find it and ID what is what since it all looks green.

other guy has brand new WP Sents from TNVC he paid like 9k for, i have maybe 4,500 i into my entire head rig, binos, helmet, mount other parts, bought used parts lots off Arfcom and FB groups then had Nightlong Industries do the swapping and work.
I'm figuring for the cost of the Perst 4 I can add a IR illuminator to the mix (if at a penalty for weight) if I really need it. I had a suppressed 300 Blk that I'm building for pig hunting so I'm not going to be doing anything super crazy.

Shooting steel I the woods I'd imagine it's a lot darker than here, not so many trees or woods here.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:11 AM   #20
sardo_67

it helps for ID when there are a lot of shadows or further away.

for 1300-1500 one can just get a full power gray market PEQ-15 off FB or some forums.
i bought my full power DBAL for 1150 off FB.
i mostly want the russian stuff for the looks and cool kid points but i want it to be usable.

when i get things finished and a lot the 1200/1300 for IR stuff i'll decide then.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:45 AM   #21
Orpheus
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 177936

As I understand, an illuminator is a good idea to get the most out of your nods, and the built in ones that come on them arent good for anything except making sure you dont trip. My personal thoughts on fitting all this junk on AK or Vz58 rifles is that those big PEQ shaped boxes get in the way too much, and the small Perst 1 with a seperate illuminator is probably better
Orpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:28 AM   #22
sardo_67

a PEQ or DBAL with built in illuminator is going to be the best and smallest package, an IR light like say a SureFire V model will work but only in close and the light spill is huge, great for areas though. The PEQ/DBAL is adjustable and can go for 1,000yd if you zoom it in, i've gone hill top to hill top with mine which had to be at least 1,000yds.

in the google drive folder is 2 of mine showing how small they are compared to the SF white lights.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=174...Nd7AbkPEH_3y73
Old 03-21-2018, 04:24 AM   #23
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
As I understand, an illuminator is a good idea to get the most out of your nods, and the built in ones that come on them arent good for anything except making sure you dont trip. My personal thoughts on fitting all this junk on AK or Vz58 rifles is that those big PEQ shaped boxes get in the way too much, and the small Perst 1 with a seperate illuminator is probably better
You still have an option to go with Klesh 2IKS + laser. Zenitco made IR only laser+illuminator. Msrp 275 usd.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:26 AM   #24
sardo_67

Quote:
You still have an option to go with Klesh 2IKS + laser. Zenitco made IR only laser+illuminator. Msrp 275 usd.
i thought that was a pistol light? i looked on your site and it didn't look like an IR set up.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:31 AM   #25
Ivan The Bear
Vendor

Quote:
i thought that was a pistol light? i looked on your site and it didn't look like an IR set up.
Pistol one is 2KS-mini. 2IKS is IR full size one. Weíll have it in stock on Saturday.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:58 PM   #26
Orpheus
Veteran Member

Quote:
Thats excellent!
Old 03-23-2018, 08:16 AM   #27
sardo_67

Orpheus go for it! then post some youtube vids of it plz
Old 03-23-2018, 09:01 AM   #28
Orpheus
Veteran Member

Quote:
Orpheus go for it! then post some youtube vids of it plz
It'll be a while; I don't have any NV yet and am basically waiting for a more favourable exchange rate in order to make that kind of purchase