Notices

Old 05-15-2017, 04:26 AM   #491
Oak47
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 158242

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Teague View Post
Back in my day we measured groups from the center of the bullet hole to the center of the bullet hole. The centers of the 2 farthest apart established group size.

Center to center corrects for different sized calibers.

You don't measure outward from the center of the group and call a 3 inch spread 1.5 moa.

That's not right.

A little cluster of holes that measure 1.047 inch center to center at 100 yards is moa.
I know right!
When I watched the video I was thinking wtf, maybe his upper was free
Oak47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:26 PM   #492
овчарка

AKaholic #: 189949

I plan on getting one of these at some point. Anyone have good pictures of the barrel nut? Im wondering if it would be possible to adapt a different handguard to the gun.

Failing that, if we could at least get a drop in quad rail, that would be nice.

VKT Remy 1942 M39, Rem 870 WM (old, Magpul'd) 12g, Bulgy Makarov, CIA M70 ABM
овчарка is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:25 AM   #493
logan09

AKaholic #: 22120

Quote:
Originally Posted by овчарка View Post
I plan on getting one of these at some point. Anyone have good pictures of the barrel nut? Im wondering if it would be possible to adapt a different handguard to the gun.

Failing that, if we could at least get a drop in quad rail, that would be nice.
https://i.imgur.com/2k6vshu.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/q7j9zKw.jpg

Looks like a DD barrel nut. I won't add more as they are big and I will probably already get yelled at.

Last edited by nalioth; 05-17-2017 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Fixed huge image(s)
logan09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:59 AM   #494
Sweet5ltr

AKaholic #: 167813

It's surprising how this dropped off the radar so quickly. I mean, how can you compete in a marketplace where nearly any budget DI Aero, Ruger, or S&W will be incredibly reliable and produce 1.0-1.5" groups with quality match ammunition (OOTB). Even my $500 Ruger AR-556 ran 500 rounds of steel-case wolf, back-to-back in one range session OOTB with no failures. Yet, we get this gas-piston, true military upper that is posting 3" groups and is somewhat unreliable from reports here and other sites.

Am I the only one disappointed?

Last edited by Sweet5ltr; 05-17-2017 at 09:19 AM.
Sweet5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:09 AM   #495
blfuller

AKaholic #: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet5ltr View Post
Am I the only one disappointed?
No, you are not the only one disappointed.
blfuller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:41 PM   #496
the_duck

AKaholic #: 192596

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
The OD one is getting the barrel chopped to 12 inches. Both are on registered lowers.

I had one of these YHM Railed Gas blocks sitting around and was going to do the same thing you did with my T91 upper, but when I did a test fit I found the barrel OD to be too small for the YHM Gas Block .750 to clamp.

Took out my calipers and the T91 barrel is around .650ish in diameter. The gas block's shoulder tapers down to that diameter, which means if one side of the YHM gas block would be clamping on an angled surface.

Did you have to do a ton of grinding/fitting to get yours on or am I missing something? I don't think YHM makes a .625 railed clamp on gas block, so I'm a bit lost on how to copy what you did.

Any help would be great, your rilfes are the best ones I've seen...love the colors, I'm partial to Foliage Green myself, yours looks OD, but still good stuff.
the_duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:35 PM   #497
ddnc
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 174853

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_duck View Post
I had one of these YHM Railed Gas blocks sitting around and was going to do the same thing you did with my T91 upper, but when I did a test fit I found the barrel OD to be too small for the YHM Gas Block .750 to clamp.

Took out my calipers and the T91 barrel is around .650ish in diameter. The gas block's shoulder tapers down to that diameter, which means if one side of the YHM gas block would be clamping on an angled surface.

Did you have to do a ton of grinding/fitting to get yours on or am I missing something? I don't think YHM makes a .625 railed clamp on gas block, so I'm a bit lost on how to copy what you did.

Any help would be great, your rilfes are the best ones I've seen...love the colors, I'm partial to Foliage Green myself, yours looks OD, but still good stuff.
.75mm steel shims will allow a clean fit. Barrel is .675.
ddnc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:16 PM   #498
the_duck

AKaholic #: 192596

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
.75mm steel shims will allow a clean fit. Barrel is .675.
I had a feeling you used shims, but wasn't sure. Thanks for sharing, gives me something to do when the kid's napping.

I hope Wolf brings in more parts, I like my A2 carry handle on mine now but the proper one would be nice.

Thank you again for your help!
the_duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:33 PM   #499
GuidoFL
Veteran Member
Contributor

AKaholic #: 171081

The market will bring $$$ down to $450. -$500. ? Other wise ...............
Old 05-21-2017, 04:20 PM   #500
Mountain Man

AKaholic #: 171161

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Teague View Post
Back in my day we measured groups from the center of the bullet hole to the center of the bullet hole. The centers of the 2 farthest apart established group size.

Center to center corrects for different sized calibers.

You don't measure outward from the center of the group and call a 3 inch spread 1.5 moa.

That's not right.

A little cluster of holes that measure 1.047 inch center to center at 100 yards is moa.
You can't really measure center to center very precisely but you are right. If you want to actually measure a group size grab your calipers and measure edge to edge of your farthest hits to establish your Raw Group Size. Then subtract that number by the diameter of the bullet you are shooting to get your "Final Group Size".

That is your group size in inches, then scale it accordingly [.08" @ 25yds = .32moa; .36" @ 50yds = .72moa; 2" group @ 200yds = 1moa; etc]
Mountain Man is offline   Reply With Quote