Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Krinkovs

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2018, 02:29 AM   #141
Elkaholic
Senior Member
 
Elkaholic's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 11204
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Portland Or.
Posts: 994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
This has been thoroughly explained multiple times throughout thread.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showth...48#post4473348


Knowledgeable NFA owners have been listing all 42-odd NFA-friendly states for years on their form 20 without issue.
I've been filling out 5320.20's for a few years now. I live in Oregon and have shooting friends in Washington (about 15 miles away) 2 years ago instead of putting one of my friends addresses I put (Washington state). Guess what? The form came back disapproved with the explanation that there has to be a physical address. I filled out new forms with an address and they came back approved. It's always taken about 3 weeks to get the forms back.

It takes me about 10 minuets to fill the forms out. And, when I say forms it's because I need to fill out 3 of the forms to have enough room
Elkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:50 PM   #142
Treadstone
Member
 
Treadstone's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 174560
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Just out of weapons range…..
Posts: 478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkaholic View Post
I've been filling out 5320.20's for a few years now. I live in Oregon and have shooting friends in Washington (about 15 miles away) 2 years ago instead of putting one of my friends addresses I put (Washington state). Guess what? The form came back disapproved with the explanation that there has to be a physical address. I filled out new forms with an address and they came back approved. It's always taken about 3 weeks to get the forms back.

It takes me about 10 minuets to fill the forms out. And, when I say forms it's because I need to fill out 3 of the forms to have enough room
Yes, the way I read the form it plainly states that you need an address. I did read through the thred, and read several times where Nails stated listing all NFA friendly states. However, that is NOT what line 7 asks for. Should I assume that most people (informed NFA owners) get their form 5320.20 approved just by listing the state?? Then a few unlucky ones get denied by doing the same?
__________________
"Power Blackout……....and you're welcome"
https://youtu.be/8yf-8wzwdLE
Treadstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:45 PM   #143
Elkaholic
Senior Member
 
Elkaholic's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 11204
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Portland Or.
Posts: 994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
Yes, the way I read the form it plainly states that you need an address. I did read through the thred, and read several times where Nails stated listing all NFA friendly states. However, that is NOT what line 7 asks for. Should I assume that most people (informed NFA owners) get their form 5320.20 approved just by listing the state?? Then a few unlucky ones get denied by doing the same?
I would honestly like to hear from someone that only listed a state (recently) and got approved. nails is a smart guy but I think he may be wrong on this one.
Elkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:17 PM   #144
hoovdizzle
Senior Member
 
hoovdizzle's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 181475
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Iowa City, IA
Posts: 721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkaholic View Post
I would honestly like to hear from someone that only listed a state (recently) and got approved. nails is a smart guy but I think he may be wrong on this one.
i thought this sounded too easy, AND too good to be true. there's never an easy way out with federal forms.
__________________
Looking for 7n6.

"Let the retards buy retarded rifles so at least they die faster if we go to war against retards" -Sabre5G
hoovdizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:46 AM   #145
Meataxe556
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 160303
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: AR
Posts: 3,252
Default

Sounds like a big pain in the ass to go through the SBR registration and have to continually play "mother may I?" with the batf.

No thanks.
Meataxe556 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 02:02 AM   #146
nalioth
Devil's Advocate & Moderator
 
nalioth's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 5678
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 41,897
Default

Yeah, cuz putting the address of a gun shop from each NFA-friendly state is too difficult, right?
nalioth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:01 AM   #147
Meataxe556
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 160303
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: AR
Posts: 3,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
Yeah, cuz putting the address of a gun shop from each NFA-friendly state is too difficult, right?

Yep. Nobody needs to know shit besides me.

I like things private and I really have no need for a buttstock.
Meataxe556 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:37 PM   #148
Treadstone
Member
 
Treadstone's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 174560
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Just out of weapons range…..
Posts: 478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
Yeah, cuz putting the address of a gun shop from each NFA-friendly state is too difficult, right?
Well, this information was not in your original post. I seriously would like to know what exact information I need to put in line 7 to travel through states on my way to a destination address in order to get my form approved. Not arguing the relevancy of SBRs at all. Obviously since I own them. Just seeking good information is all.
__________________
"Power Blackout……....and you're welcome"
https://youtu.be/8yf-8wzwdLE
Treadstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 06:17 PM   #149
allesennogwat
Curio & Relic
 
allesennogwat's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 3738
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 46,474
Default

You can make a rifle into a short barreled rifle but you can't make a rifle into a handgun with a brace.
__________________
Daraclor: A brand of anti-malaria pills which we had to drink every week while on the border. Legend had it that these would make you turn yellow and that you wouldn't be able to tan.
allesennogwat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 07:49 PM   #150
soul rebel
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 167399
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Keepin powder dry...
Posts: 4,069
Default

Correct me if i’m wrong but you can make a “firearm” with an overall length of atleast 26” and a barrel shorter that 16” from a rifle.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/can-...tering-firearm
soul rebel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 10:22 PM   #151
allesennogwat
Curio & Relic
 
allesennogwat's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 3738
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 46,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul rebel View Post
Correct me if i’m wrong but you can make a “firearm” with an overall length of atleast 26” and a barrel shorter that 16” from a rifle.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/can-...tering-firearm
Not if it was a rifle.

It still has to be a rifle or a short barreled rifle.

Both the barrel has to be 16 inches and the length has to be 26 inches.

Quote:
A firearm that was originally a rifle would be classified as a “weapon made from a rifle” if ; it has either a barrel less than 16 inches in length or an overall length of less than 26 inches. If an individual wishes to make an NFA firearm, s/he must first submit ATF Form 1, Application to Make and Register a Firearm, pay a $200.00 making tax, and receive approval of the application from ATF before converting the firearm.
__________________
Daraclor: A brand of anti-malaria pills which we had to drink every week while on the border. Legend had it that these would make you turn yellow and that you wouldn't be able to tan.
allesennogwat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:55 AM   #152
soul rebel
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 167399
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Keepin powder dry...
Posts: 4,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by allesennogwat View Post
Not if it was a rifle.

It still has to be a rifle or a short barreled rifle.

Both the barrel has to be 16 inches and the length has to be 26 inches.
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification!
soul rebel is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The AK FIles