Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AR15 / AR10

Notices

View Poll Results: Which new AR?
LWRC DI 35 72.92%
Daniel Defense DDM4V7 7 14.58%
Daniel Defense DDM4V11 6 12.50%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2018, 04:44 PM   #36
Babymufasa
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 174368

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy72 View Post
This or Colt....
All sort of fails going on..But your money and all.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:53 PM   #37
Renov8
Pax Americana-Invicta

AKaholic #: 122038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babymufasa View Post
All sort of fails going on..But your money and all.
I own multiple Colt rifles and have had ZERO issues with any of them. All of the rifles are cosmetically pleasing, even the ones which are close to 50 years old...and they still shoot like a champ.

Buy tried and true, rather than, been there and done that.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable"
JFK

"As a society, we rediscover that the value of a right is not in what it hides, but in what it protects."
Renov8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 06:06 PM   #38
Gaddywack
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 166488

Had a DDm4v7 and it was nice. Sold it to slap down some coin on a SGL31 and then some. Never held a LWRC, but I have been impressed by what I see and those of you who got them for just over $1k a few months back got a deal and a half.

I did get back into the so called "premium" AR market recently and got a POF Renegade Plus in the two tone OD green and tan. Gotta say the F&F along with the multiple upgrades (trigger is nuts) make it a better buy than the DD. I paid $1400
Gaddywack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:07 PM   #39
ARMT Guy
Chasin' sparks and makin' bucks.

AKaholic #: 165711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renov8 View Post
I own multiple Colt rifles and have had ZERO issues with any of them. All of the rifles are cosmetically pleasing, even the ones which are close to 50 years old...and they still shoot like a champ.

Same here. I own a few Colts myself and none of them have had a single issue, ( including a '70s production SP1 ) what so ever.
ARMT Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:25 PM   #40
soon_forget

AKaholic #: 195157

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgil cole View Post
Neither . Bravo Company for the win !
Yep, bcm one tough rifle
soon_forget is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:27 PM   #41
FalseFlagOps

AKaholic #: 194141

Currently own and have shot plenty of all- older ddm4v1, ddm4v3, new ddm4v5s and LWRC DI, and LWRC DI with m-lok rail so can speak from experience.

LWRC standard rail system can be annoying and screws with rail panels work themselves loose even with blue loctite, so I keep tool kit in range bag, run an eotech on this and it gets a lot of under 100 meter "action". Aside from this fit, finish, and performance on par with DD with advantage to LWRC for bolt carrier, ambi lower, stock ambi charging handle (all upgrades on DD). LWRC m-lok version has solved nearly all my above "issues" with LWRC over DD and sports a 3-12x Nikon m223, shoots well, recoil impulse more pronounced due to lighter weight vs DD. Newer version stock furniture on DD I prefer over LWRC as LWRC stock is a bit wobbly, but easily replaceable.

DDM4s with irons, 1-6x strike eagle, and vortex 3x prism respectively. SHTF I grab the v5s with the strike eagle over the LWRC but either would be fine. DD rails I find to be much more useful and durable for "real life" use (vs internet operators), and DDM4s are a solid rifle that can handle the punishment. The v5s is a perfectly balanced gun for me and would be my go to, but personal preference applies to anything and doesn't shoot any better than my LE6920.

Attachment 31973

Last edited by FalseFlagOps; 06-16-2018 at 08:45 PM.
FalseFlagOps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:08 PM   #42
Cowboys1
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 188774

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseFlagOps View Post
Currently own and have shot plenty of all- older ddm4v1, ddm4v3, new ddm4v5s and LWRC DI, and LWRC DI with m-lok rail so can speak from experience.

LWRC standard rail system can be annoying and screws with rail panels work themselves loose even with blue loctite, so I keep tool kit in range bag, run an eotech on this and it gets a lot of under 100 meter "action". Aside from this fit, finish, and performance on par with DD with advantage to LWRC for bolt carrier, ambi lower, stock ambi charging handle (all upgrades on DD). LWRC m-lok version has solved nearly all my above "issues" with LWRC over DD and sports a 3-12x Nikon m223, shoots well, recoil impulse more pronounced due to lighter weight vs DD. Newer version stock furniture on DD I prefer over LWRC as LWRC stock is a bit wobbly, but easily replaceable.

DDM4s with irons, 1-6x strike eagle, and vortex 3x prism respectively. SHTF I grab the v5s with the strike eagle over the LWRC but either would be fine. DD rails I find to be much more useful and durable for "real life" use (vs internet operators), and DDM4s are a solid rifle that can handle the punishment. The v5s is a perfectly balanced gun for me and would be my go to, but personal preference applies to anything and doesn't shoot any better than my LE6920.

Attachment 31973
I had one of the screws in my rail panel back out also. But it had no locktite. Once I put some blue on all the screws so far they've been fine. We'll see how they hold up. If they back out with locktite I may have to buy their m-lok rail to switch out. My LWRC is my "go to" rifle.
Cowboys1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:53 PM   #43
CjStatic

AKaholic #: 196171

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan09 View Post
Don't forget they also fired a hundred or so people instead of lowering the prices of their overly priced stuff.
Itís called a layoff. Not being fired. They can collect unemployment. Itís life.
Lwrc is doing business in a communist state. That bothers me a little bit.
CjStatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:56 PM   #44
CjStatic

I think most of can agree DD and Lwrc is a way better buy than a Colt. Even though the fan boys claim they never have a malfunction. Which is bull, means they arenít shooting enough. Hell, Oracles go bang 99% of the time to, but they are not in the same class.

Colt just figured out all the advantages to a mid length gas. Really ??? I thought they were experts ??
Old 06-01-2018, 11:39 AM   #45
logan09

AKaholic #: 22120

Quote:
Originally Posted by CjStatic View Post
Itís called a layoff. Not being fired. They can collect unemployment. Itís life.
Lwrc is doing business in a communist state. That bothers me a little bit.
They also tried making them all sign a non-compete for 2 years. That to me is an extra kick in the balls. Also, to add, I have not heard of anyone being hired back. And it's been 7+ months.
logan09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:20 PM   #46
ARMT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan09 View Post
They also tried making them all sign a non-compete for 2 years. That to me is an extra kick in the balls. Also, to add, I have not heard of anyone being hired back. And it's been 7+ months.

They have a policy, ( on their books, at least ) to not re-hire former employees until at least one year after their previous date of departure from the company.

While they are actively contacting former employees and have a dozen or more jobs posted currently, none of the former employees are taking them up on their offer, ( who could blame them? ) On one or two occasions, nearly entire departments have turned in their two week notice and moved on to much better places.

The only people hired on since the mass layoffs are temp employees. Depending on each person's background/skill level, it takes anywhere from three to six months to really get up to speed. Most of the temps they have now started being hired just after the beginning of this year. Things are not well over there. Any of their products produced from October of last year to on going, I'd highly recommend scrutinizing them closely before buying.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:22 PM   #47
CjStatic

Well, In all seriousness, I do think their .308 is way overpriced. How can a rifle be that much and not have an adjustable gas block ?
Old 06-02-2018, 10:23 PM   #48
Cowboys1
Veteran Member

Speaking of adjustable gas blocks. What's the best one these days? The SYrac is what I was looking at but they aren't being made anymore. I would want one that won't cause issues or build up crud that needs to be cleaned up all the time.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:14 PM   #49
Renov8
Pax Americana-Invicta

Quote:
I think most of can agree DD and Lwrc is a way better buy than a Colt. Even though the fan boys claim they never have a malfunction. Which is bull, means they arenít shooting enough. Hell, Oracles go bang 99% of the time to, but they are not in the same class.

Colt just figured out all the advantages to a mid length gas. Really ??? I thought they were experts ??
Never had a malfunction in any of my Colts...maybe you should stop limp wristing your rifles and they won't misbehave...fanboy.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable"
JFK

"As a society, we rediscover that the value of a right is not in what it hides, but in what it protects."
Old 06-03-2018, 09:32 PM   #50
Bubbajj
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 4250

if you spend 1500 dollars on an AR you're a retard.

The AK47 is a cheap POS designed to be assembled in third world shitholes by a labor force composed of knuckle dragging, booger eating morons. It was then to be handed out to an army of uneducated peasant retards who couldn't find their own ass with both hands and a map. Thats the true genius of the design and why it remains ubiquitous to this day.

Gotmine on Barrack Obama: "He is, indeed, a bugger of the third magnitude."
Bubbajj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:40 PM   #51
ARMT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajj View Post

And more than 600 on a 1911.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:51 PM   #52
hoevito
Superhero

AKaholic #: 163060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys1 View Post
Speaking of adjustable gas blocks. What's the best one these days? The SYrac is what I was looking at but they aren't being made anymore. I would want one that won't cause issues or build up crud that needs to be cleaned up all the time.

I'd vote for either the Odin Works click adjustable gas blocks, or the SLR Sentry 7's. The SLR Sentry 7's are a bit expensive but very well made, definitely one of those buy once cry once types of purchases.

The click adjustable type gas blocks are far superior to the old set screw styles IMO.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:54 PM   #53
Bubbajj
Curio & Relic

that's two different animals. No comparison. But, some of the same philosophy holds true. Spend on what's important and don't worry about whats not and you'll still save a ton of money.

The AK47 is a cheap POS designed to be assembled in third world shitholes by a labor force composed of knuckle dragging, booger eating morons. It was then to be handed out to an army of uneducated peasant retards who couldn't find their own ass with both hands and a map. Thats the true genius of the design and why it remains ubiquitous to this day.

Old 06-03-2018, 10:11 PM   #54
CjStatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renov8 View Post
Never had a malfunction in any of my Colts...maybe you should stop limp wristing your rifles and they won't misbehave...fanboy.
Yeah. I limp wrist. You just arenít smart enough to even realize what a malfunction is.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:11 PM   #55
lastlaugh
Appalachian American

AKaholic #: 177161

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoevito View Post
I'd vote for either the Odin Works click adjustable gas blocks, or the SLR Sentry 7's. The SLR Sentry 7's are a bit expensive but very well made, definitely one of those buy once cry once types of purchases.

The click adjustable type gas blocks are far superior to the old set screw styles IMO.
Agreed. I have 2 SLR Sentry 7s on my rifles (6.5 Grendels) and another coming for my 338 Federal build. They are WELL worth the money!
I often wonder whether we do not rest our hopes too much upon constitutions, upon laws and upon courts... Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it.
lastlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:23 PM   #56
CjStatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlaugh View Post
Agreed. I have 2 SLR Sentry 7s on my rifles (6.5 Grendels) and another coming for my 338 Federal build. They are WELL worth the money!
I agree. They are great
Old 06-03-2018, 11:25 PM   #57
wormraper
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 192990

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMT Guy View Post
I hope to god you're joking
wormraper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 01:20 AM   #58
Bubbajj
Curio & Relic

yeah, a good 1911 slide and frame will set you back a grand.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:21 AM   #59
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

AKaholic #: 157162

Quote:
..............yet we buy $1100 AK's all day long
Sublimeon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:04 PM   #60
Cowboys1
Veteran Member

Quote:
This is just not sound logic. 1500 dollar AR's do have features some people prefer and like over say a $600 M&P sport II. I personally got a $1500 rifle for about $1050 in my LWRC di and don't regret it 1 little bit. It's my go to rifle and the rifle I trust even more than my beloved AK's.

Well, I have to say maybe not more than my AK's, but at least on par
Old 06-04-2018, 05:24 PM   #61
CjStatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys1 View Post
This is just not sound logic. 1500 dollar AR's do have features some people prefer and like over say a $600 M&P sport II. I personally got a $1500 rifle for about $1050 in my LWRC di and don't regret it 1 little bit. It's my go to rifle and the rifle I trust even more than my beloved AK's.

Well, I have to say maybe not more than my AK's, but at least on par
Well, a $1500 Lwrc quality and craftsmanship is head and shoulders over an $1100 ak. The above guy poster is an idiot
Old 06-04-2018, 09:43 PM   #62
Trvrswsr1234

AKaholic #: 193880

Quote:
Colt ?? Lol
Why not I personally love my 6940 to death

I've heard bad things about there new stuff but cant conferm it
Trvrswsr1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:20 PM   #63
ARMT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
I hope to god you're joking

Yes, I was.

I've fired few hundred dollar 1911s, 1k/1.5k 1911s and 3k/4k 1911s.

They all ran, but the 3k/4k utterly blew the others out of the water. You have to fire them to truly appreciate them.

You get what you pay for. However, most folks can't fathom this in their little, narrow minded worlds.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:27 PM   #64
wormraper
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 192990

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, I was.

I've fired few hundred dollar 1911s, 1k/1.5k 1911s and 3k/4k 1911s.

They all ran, but the 3k/4k utterly blew the others out of the water. You have to fire them to truly appreciate them.

You get what you pay for. However, most folks can't fathom this in their little, narrow minded worlds.
*whew, at least I don't have to publically berate you .

I'm a big fan of my Ruger and Springer loaded, but there's a nice difference between it and a Dan Wesson or a Les Baer. (I don't mind a nighthawk or a Wilson combat, but I can't PERSONALLY justify $3500 for what I feel isn't THAT much difference over the before mentioned 2 guns for $1500-$1800)
wormraper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:49 PM   #65
Renov8
Pax Americana-Invicta

Quote:
Well, a $1500 Lwrc quality and craftsmanship is head and shoulders over an $1100 ak. The above guy poster is an idiot
The idiot is the one making a comparison between two different rifle platforms and one rifle that is readily available(AR) vs. another(AK) which is in short supply and high demand.

Idiot, who now?

JFK