Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Optics

Notices

Old 03-28-2018, 07:26 PM   #526
Oldsalt

AKaholic #: 194552

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathantc View Post
idk, ive always thought cheap UTG was only good for airsoft but i have one like this
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/99...nt-ak-47-matte
that ive had now for idk, 10 years maybe lol

it holds zero on everything ive ever attached it to. its perfectly centered over bore, and returns to zero when removed. its cheap, weak ass aluminium, not high quality stuff like MI or many others use. works great. that being said ive been fooled with quad rails and mounts (not here) on line by people claiming they were real and ripping people off when they were clones. pissed about it sure, but i have to admit the clones have held up and i kept them due to never being able to get my money back from them... after these experiences ive often wondered if the high end mounts are really worth the money for a rifle that will never see combat or a war zone.

its not at all the same product as the MI mount but i say try one from a retailer that will give a full refund. it might surprise you, and if not get your money back. no harm
UTG isn't cheap Chinese air soft crap, and in fact, some of it is manufactured here in The United States.

UTG doesn't counterfeit products.

I've got some of that company's stuff on a few ARs and it's been fine.

I'm talking about pure, straight up counterfeit Chinese garbage that goes so far as to steal the original intellectual property owner's trademarks.

That outright counterfeit crap is made to look like the real product from a distance rather than to perform like it.

They're the fake Rolexes of the firearms world and nothing more and yes, there's a market for that sort of garbage.
Oldsalt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:41 PM   #527
nathantc

AKaholic #: 155437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsalt View Post
UTG isn't cheap Chinese air soft crap, and in fact, some of it is manufactured here in The United States.

UTG doesn't counterfeit products.

I've got some of that company's stuff on a few ARs and it's been fine.

I'm talking about pure, straight up counterfeit Chinese garbage that goes so far as to steal the original intellectual property owner's trademarks.

That outright counterfeit crap is made to look like the real product from a distance rather than to perform like it.

They're the fake Rolexes of the firearms world and nothing more and yes, there's a market for that sort of garbage.
you say that, but the UTG rails ive used are leaps and bounds different than Troy, or Samson rails ive used on my ar's in the past. huge difference in strength and finish. the ebay clones i have are right on par with everything utg ive ever owned

very usable but just like the quality debate between MI and the MI clones, UTG is closer to the clone than it ever will be to the MI
nathantc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:52 PM   #528
AKBLUE
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 5035

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKBLUE View Post
Some clone stuff is good and some not so good. Unless you own and have used the item it is just conjecture.
Japan, Korea and China have made a living off of copying and successfully marketing and building durability out of US goods and innovations.
Not every time., but quite often
The Chinese can build to virtually any level of tolerance and quality the customer or price point require.
this^^^^
AKBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:54 PM   #529
Oldsalt

AKaholic #: 194552

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathantc View Post
you say that, but the UTG rails ive used are leaps and bounds different than Troy, or Samson rails ive used on my ar's in the past. huge difference in strength and finish. the ebay clones i have are right on par with everything utg ive ever owned

very usable but just like the quality debate between MI and the MI clones, UTG is closer to the clone than it ever will be to the MI
You say that, but my experience with UTG parts is diametrically opposed to yours; they beat the living crap out of the cheap Chinese counterfeit air soft garbage whose major attributes are their appearance rather than their construction, longevity, or their functionality.

Some folks prefer to wear fake Rolexes and will justify their preference for that sort of thing.

Degustabus non est disputandum.
Oldsalt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 01:00 PM   #530
nathantc

AKaholic #: 155437

back to the original topic, does anyone here know if the M10 side rail and the Yugo place mounts at the same height, dont suppose we could get lucky enough for someone here to own both rifles and could test with one mount.
nathantc is offline   Reply With Quote