Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Handgun Forums > General Handgun Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: How should you carry?
Off safe, round chambered 65 38.69%
On safe, round chambered 89 52.98%
Off safe, no round chambered 12 7.14%
On safe, no round chambered 2 1.19%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2018, 01:49 AM   #106
Laufer

AKaholic #: 188070

Loaded in a semi-auto with a decocker, such as with my Sig P229s, CZ PO1 and Russian .380 Makarov.

One can't react effectively with two different habit patterns. Bad guys don't warn you about their intentions, and you guys/gals know this, but many gun owners think that muggers are walking human vegetables, clearly displaying a gun from thirty feet away--but mostly that the gun is Not Already aimed at them.

Based on the people I know who were victims of armed robbery, you won't have time to even Begin to draw a weapon, because you would sometimes get shot like the dead lady in nearby Cordova TN, who lacked all common sense.
Sometimes the quick Are the dead.

Last edited by Laufer; 02-08-2018 at 01:58 AM.
Laufer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:06 PM   #107
Aceshigh
Lt Topper

AKaholic #: 5008

Quote:
Originally Posted by flejl View Post
Most days I carry condition 3 since I do not live in a combat zone, I am not a cop, and its been many years since I left the USMC. The rule of thumb when I learned about a 1911 back then was more or less what I just said, and the training I learned from uncle Sam has not failed me yet.

However, if I have no choice and need to go to a high crime area, then I have carried condition 1, depending on if I am in a car, on foot, etc... risk assessment and situational awareness are key, along with training.

Before all of the "armchair extra-tactical, super Ninga, bionic operators" start screaming, I do practice removing my CCW (currently a 1911) from its holster and can go from condition 3 to ready to put a hole in something in about the same amount of time.

My advise is pulling the trigger should not be your primary response, avoid a bad situation if you can, if you cannot do that, then remove yourself quickly from the situation, having someone call you a few stupid names will not hurt you, if all else fails, remember, once you pull that trigger, you cannot take the bullet back and the odds are likely you will be arrested, put on trial, plastered all over the news what an evil #$%^& you are, and possibly go broke while trying to stay out of jail... and that is if you did everything correct and are 100% right, God help you if you are wrong...

Make your choices wisely, practice, be prepared...

In the end, its a matter of personal preference.

Just my 2 cents....
You should have left all rebuttals to this response alone.

You stated your opinion, and these threads ALWAYS generate heat from those whom like to argue......which sucked you right in as one of them.

I agree with your position personally, but you shouldn't have allowed yourself to get baited into the usual SNAFU.

Carry how you desire, and don't let arguments over your choices get you into internet spats for nothing.

Quote:
Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort. John F Kennedy 1961
Aceshigh is offline   Reply With Quote