Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Vendor Discussion Forums > General Manufacturers, Vendors and Gunsmiths

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 167813
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville, FL.
Posts: 1,100
Default Bonesteel Arms Communication?

Anyone have any luck communicating with Chris? I have sent him four emails in the past few weeks and left a voice mail on Monday (during business hours) with no response. They sent out my VEPR folding stock the next day, but haven't heard a word about my AK folding stock that was ordered within the same hour. Waiting period says up to four weeks for shipment, but it is sad when you cannot even ask a general question and get a response in a timely manner.

I guess it is time to start doing smoke signals to get his attention?
Sweet5ltr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:03 AM   #2
Charlemagne
Curio & Relic
 
Charlemagne's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 137433
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Salt LakeCity, Utah
Posts: 2,767
Default

I called the guy earlier this past week and got him on the first try. He was very helpful and well informed!
Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
armored223
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 159847
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 1,440
Default

Chris is a good guy...he usually responds to emails but sometimes it takes little while. He gets a lot of calls. I have had stuff backorderd with him for 6 months+ but he always comes through as soon as he has it.
armored223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 167813
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville, FL.
Posts: 1,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
I called the guy earlier this past week and got him on the first try. He was very helpful and well informed!
Wish I had the same luck, will call again tomorrow.
Sweet5ltr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 167813
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville, FL.
Posts: 1,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armored223 View Post
Chris is a good guy...he usually responds to emails but sometimes it takes little while. He gets a lot of calls. I have had stuff backorderd with him for 6 months+ but he always comes through as soon as he has it.
6+ months! Not sure if I am willing to wait that long for a folding stock but will wait up for four weeks though..
Sweet5ltr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
obiwanbonjovi
Senior Member
Vendor
 
AKaholic #: 8977
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet5ltr View Post
Anyone have any luck communicating with Chris? I have sent him four emails in the past few weeks and left a voice mail on Monday (during business hours) with no response. They sent out my VEPR folding stock the next day, but haven't heard a word about my AK folding stock that was ordered within the same hour. Waiting period says up to four weeks for shipment, but it is sad when you cannot even ask a general question and get a response in a timely manner.

I guess it is time to start doing smoke signals to get his attention?
Sorry I have been ridiculously far behind on communications these past 2 months. I have had tons of problems getting stocks out the door(mostly due to incompetent anodizers) and have been spending too much time trying to deal with that. Of course when I get behind on product the correspondence level(already very high) doubles or triples, and I get farther behind. I have e spent all weekend, and will continue nonstop until I am caught up on emails.
Your best bet for a quick phone response is to call not during business hours.
I apologize for not being readily available, but I am on my own here and sometimes I get overwhelmed. Hopefully things will start getting smoother and I can get dug out of this hole.
Thanks for your patience,
Chris
obiwanbonjovi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #7
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 167813
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville, FL.
Posts: 1,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwanbonjovi View Post
Sorry I have been ridiculously far behind on communications these past 2 months. I have had tons of problems getting stocks out the door(mostly due to incompetent anodizers) and have been spending too much time trying to deal with that. Of course when I get behind on product the correspondence level(already very high) doubles or triples, and I get farther behind. I have e spent all weekend, and will continue nonstop until I am caught up on emails.
Your best bet for a quick phone response is to call not during business hours.
I apologize for not being readily available, but I am on my own here and sometimes I get overwhelmed. Hopefully things will start getting smoother and I can get dug out of this hole.
Thanks for your patience,
Chris
Thanks Chris,
it is funny how it is better to call anytime other than business hours. I surely don't want to call while you were at the dinner table with your family!
I ordered on the 29th of July, any expected shipments coming out soon? My VEPR folding stock is second to none, I am very impressed. Just anxious to get my AK74 the same treatment.
Sweet5ltr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #8
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 167813
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville, FL.
Posts: 1,100
Default

I guess I will see if it ships here next week, which will be week four.
Sweet5ltr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #9
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 167813
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville, FL.
Posts: 1,100
Default

Still holding my breath, tomorrow will by 30 days since ordering.. Maybe by sheer luck, I might get a product this week..
Sweet5ltr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #10
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 167813
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville, FL.
Posts: 1,100
Default

Okay, it's labor day.. Still no AK Folding stock.. So, I have passed the four week mark (which website stated UP TO four weeks wait), going on to five weeks after purchase with no product. Willing to wait a little longer. The stock for my VEPR was excellent.

Last edited by Sweet5ltr; 09-02-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Sweet5ltr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #11
irierider
((10)) Troll Brigade Commander
 
irierider's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159069
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: PORTLAND, OR
Posts: 17,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwanbonjovi View Post
Sorry I have been ridiculously far behind on communications these past 2 months. I have had tons of problems getting stocks out the door(mostly due to incompetent anodizers) and have been spending too much time trying to deal with that. Of course when I get behind on product the correspondence level(already very high) doubles or triples, and I get farther behind. I have e spent all weekend, and will continue nonstop until I am caught up on emails.
Your best bet for a quick phone response is to call not during business hours.
I apologize for not being readily available, but I am on my own here and sometimes I get overwhelmed. Hopefully things will start getting smoother and I can get dug out of this hole.
Thanks for your patience,
Chris
this guy's only downfall is working too much. I got a MB off him and he is sometimes hard to get a hold of, but rest assured he is working like a dog!
good people, good to support companies like this!
+1
__________________
irierider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #12
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 167813
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville, FL.
Posts: 1,100
Default

Praying it might magically show up at my door this week.. Very doubtful though.. It would be fine if Chris kept me in the loop on my order, but very little communication is coming from his end.
Sweet5ltr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #13
PatrioticDisorder
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 168641
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 517
Default Great product, somewhat slow turn around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet5ltr View Post
Praying it might magically show up at my door this week.. Very doubtful though.. It would be fine if Chris kept me in the loop on my order, but very little communication is coming from his end.
Bonesteel is a small operation and like others have said, Chris gets a lot of calls. I ordered a stock for my VEPR 12, took almost a month to get in, I'd contacted Chris a couple of times and he was very polite and helpful. The wait was longer than I'd anticipated but in the end I'm a very happy customer because the stock I bought is high quality.

I'd do gladly do business with them again, but I know well enough to be patient, I'd recommend you do the same, when you finally get your folding stock you'll be happy I predict.
PatrioticDisorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #14
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 167813
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville, FL.
Posts: 1,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
Bonesteel is a small operation and like others have said, Chris gets a lot of calls. I ordered a stock for my VEPR 12, took almost a month to get in, I'd contacted Chris a couple of times and he was very polite and helpful. The wait was longer than I'd anticipated but in the end I'm a very happy customer because the stock I bought is high quality.

I'd do gladly do business with them again, but I know well enough to be patient, I'd recommend you do the same, when you finally get your folding stock you'll be happy I predict.
I already have one of their folding stocks, was shipped the very next day. I ordered this one at the same time. It has been over a month, this is my fifth week.
Sweet5ltr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #15
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 167813
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville, FL.
Posts: 1,100
Default

Okay, praying to the AK God that this week I may receive my folding stock...

Last edited by Sweet5ltr; 09-10-2013 at 06:45 AM.
Sweet5ltr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:13 AM   #16
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 167813
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville, FL.
Posts: 1,100
Default

I guess the AK Gods need a sacrifice to expedite my order, or just another week as no contact from Chris or an AK stock has been delivered as of today.
Sweet5ltr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #17
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 167813
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville, FL.
Posts: 1,100
Default

Once again, I am on my hands and knees praying to the AK God that he may give Chris the power to ship my folding stock this week..
Sweet5ltr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #18
tnxdshooter
LEO
 
AKaholic #: 170817
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Crossville, TN
Posts: 2,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet5ltr View Post
Once again, I am on my hands and knees praying to the AK God that he may give Chris the power to ship my folding stock this week..
SO why not call him during non business hours as he suggested?
tnxdshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #19
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 167813
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville, FL.
Posts: 1,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnxdshooter View Post
SO why not call him during non business hours as he suggested?
I have attempted contacting him. He knows I am awaiting shipment, I am not going to call him every day asking 'is it shipped yet?' as we are adults. I was sent a shipping notification today so the AK Gods must have been listening and answered my prayers..
Sweet5ltr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #20
Tigerdriver
Member
 
AKaholic #: 169081
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Germantown, TN
Posts: 51
Default

As a newbie to this site, I have had multiple(3) conversations with Chris and he has been extremely helpful each time. After each conversation, I placed an order. All orders were shipped within his stated criteria and were, IMHO, expeditious, compared to other companies I have dealt with. As a one man shop, I think he is doing great. Now, if only, the ATF would hire another person!!
Tigerdriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #21
obiwanbonjovi
Senior Member
Vendor
 
AKaholic #: 8977
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 521
Default

finally back on track with the stocks, starting to get caught up on communications. Sorry for all the delays it has been a very rough summer for me.
obiwanbonjovi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 01:21 PM   #22
WRD
New Member
 
AKaholic #: 178142
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Apopka Florida
Posts: 1
Default

OK I'm all ears how do you all get in touch with Chris Bonesteel? His message box is full here so that does work. I have sent a dozen e-mails ,left several phone message. IUt appears he doesn't have any trouble tapping my bank card????

Lack of communications is not the answer?
WRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:48 PM   #23
Murphster
New Member
 
AKaholic #: 170123
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Posts: 5
Default

WRD- I am in the same boat as you. Placed an order, card was charged and then the ninja ball was dropped and I have gotten zero response. Have tried all known e-mails and even the above mentioned phone call. Zip. Nada. Zilch. Zamboni.
Murphster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:52 PM   #24
Murphster
New Member
 
AKaholic #: 170123
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Posts: 5
Default

As a follow up note, I want to support the forum members and I am not here to bash anyone. I waited 8mo for Chase at Definitive Arms to complete the conversion, KOP platform install and barrel cut on my Vepr: all the while, they were staying in touch with me and although I wanted that racehorse back in my hands, I understood how things happen. In this case, as WRD mentioned, going dark is not the answer. Tell me 2days or tell me 2mo....Just tell me something.
Murphster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:09 AM   #25
Marshall Dillon
New Member
 
AKaholic #: 178463
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 5
Default

Any update on this? I was thinking about ordering one of his folding stocks.
Marshall Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 04:11 PM   #26
adjc
Member
 
AKaholic #: 164635
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Dillon View Post
Any update on this? I was thinking about ordering one of his folding stocks.
looks like in stock here:

http://www.cncwarrior.com/RPK-Sidefo...id-p/25378.htm
adjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The AK FIles