Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Saigas and VEPRs

Notices

Old 03-28-2018, 09:30 PM   #1
Avtomat Kalashnikov

AKaholic #: 189893
Default Krebs M-Lok for Vepr FM 11 AK DOESNT FIT

I bought this handguard which is advertised as SPECIFICALLY FOR FM-11'S ONLY!!

Purchased online, waited patiently for the mail to come, finally got it about a week later.

Opened up the box, tore down my Vepr fm and WHOOPS!! Stupid handguard won't fit around the bulged trunion!

Anyone else have this problem? And if this is the case and it has to be bent open to fit, then I should have just ordered the full size UFM keymod, only reason I didn't is because Krebs says it won't fit FM 11's.

WELL NEITHER DOES YOUR "FM 11" RAIL KREBS!

I'm very angry.

/rant
Avtomat Kalashnikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:36 PM   #2
DaTrowl
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 158168

Wonder if theres any chance you were sent the wrong one by mistake?......

Krebs folks usually have their shit together.... how far off is it? possibly just one of the 2 pieces out of spec a couple thousandths? or is it more like 1/8th inch or something?
DaTrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:54 PM   #3
Avtomat Kalashnikov

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTrowl View Post
Wonder if theres any chance you were sent the wrong one by mistake?......

Krebs folks usually have their shit together.... how far off is it? possibly just one of the 2 pieces out of spec a couple thousandths? or is it more like 1/8th inch or something?
So, from what I've read, the Vepr Fm Ak47-11 handguard they make is the ONLY M-Lok handguard they make. so it can't be the wrong one.

As far as how bad it's off, to give you a visual image, the handguard would fit perfect on any AK that DOESNT have a bulged trunion.

So in other words, the bottom of the guard slips onto the receiver and fits perfectly until you reach the bulged reunion. Almost as if this handguard was made for rifle without the bulged trunion.

Am I going crazy, or don't all Vepr AK47 11 FM models have the bulged trunion? Both of mine do for sure.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:44 AM   #4
draftpick
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 162636

yes ALL Veprs have bulged trunnions. Question why would the handguard fit around the trunnion? Hand guards fit inside/ under. The tab that fits is on the bottom.
draftpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:51 AM   #5
draftpick
Veteran Member

OP not sure what Krebs is smoking but on his site "will not fit a Vepr with reinforced trunnions" Never seen a Vepr without reinforced trunnions!! Duh that's what makes a Vepr a Vepr. There are no FM-11's with out reinforced trunnions. I see that the hand guard fits past the trunnion area. Send it back

"NOW AVAILABLE! An M-LOK Fore-End made specifically for your VEPR FM-AK-11 rifle!! Hard-coat anodyzed, with our Krebs Custom Quality! MADE ONLY FOR THE AK-FM-11. THIS WILL NOT FIT A "STANDARD" VEPR WITH REINFORCED TRUNNION!!!"
Old 03-29-2018, 08:40 AM   #6
Avtomat Kalashnikov

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftpick View Post
OP not sure what Krebs is smoking but on his site "will not fit a Vepr with reinforced trunnions" Never seen a Vepr without reinforced trunnions!! Duh that's what makes a Vepr a Vepr. There are no FM-11's with out reinforced trunnions. I see that the hand guard fits past the trunnion area. Send it back

"NOW AVAILABLE! An M-LOK Fore-End made specifically for your VEPR FM-AK-11 rifle!! Hard-coat anodyzed, with our Krebs Custom Quality! MADE ONLY FOR THE AK-FM-11. THIS WILL NOT FIT A "STANDARD" VEPR WITH REINFORCED TRUNNION!!!"
Wow, I guess I missed that fine print.

I must have been distracted by all the "MADE SPECIFICALLY TO FIT YOUR VEPR FM 11 AK!!!!" stuff.

Sending it back. Son of a bitch.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:54 AM   #7
Aceshigh
Lt Topper

AKaholic #: 5008

Legion did sell VEPR's without a bulged trunnion here in the US Market. They were known as VEPR 1V
They were sold @ ~$1500 or $1600 back in 2016 if memory serves. For anyone to think they know more then Krebs.....kinda funny.

In fact , Molot VEPR's AK variety from Russia in most cases do not have an RPK trunnion.
That's strictly a US market concoction, and majority of the sales here were of that variety.

Quote:
Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort. John F Kennedy 1961
Aceshigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:21 AM   #8
Avtomat Kalashnikov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
Legion did sell VEPR's without a bulged trunnion here in the US Market. They were known as VEPR 1V
They were sold @ ~$1500 or $1600 back in 2016 if memory serves. For anyone to think they know more then Krebs.....kinda funny.

In fact , Molot VEPR's AK variety from Russia in most cases do not have an RPK trunnion.
That's strictly a US market concoction, and majority of the sales here were of that variety.

^ Lol, comes in here to make everyone else look dumb, achieves the opposite effect.

Yes, oh wise one, we are well aware that there were VEPRs made, like the 1V that don't have a bulged trunnion.

But if you had any reading comprehension you'd see I'm not talking about just ANY VEPR. I'm talking SPECIFICALLY about the AK FM 11, which is what the handguard is sold as being uniquely designed to fit.

And in this case, yes, ALL of the Vepr FM Ak 47 11 models have the bulged trunnion.

Therefore, your point is invalid.

Thanks for your great contribution to the thread, oh wise one.

Last edited by Avtomat Kalashnikov; 03-29-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:50 AM   #9
rbox1064
Rammer Jammer
Contributor

AKaholic #: 173428

I been watching this thread and scratching my head. I decided to do a search and see for myself who is full of shit, Krebs or OP?

Well, can't find the answer... Up until now, according to Google, Krebs appears to have sold only one of the M-Lok HG sets and it was to our very own OP.

If it really doesn't fit the rifle that it says it fits, then there's a typo on the Krebs web. OP why not call Kreb's and get some verification and maybe save some poor other soul the same hassle? Or learn maybe why this will fit and you haven't figured it out yet?
rbox1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 11:15 AM   #10
Avtomat Kalashnikov

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox1064 View Post
I been watching this thread and scratching my head. I decided to do a search and see for myself who is full of shit, Krebs or OP?

Well, can't find the answer... Up until now, according to Google, Krebs appears to have sold only one of the M-Lok HG sets and it was to our very own OP.

If it really doesn't fit the rifle that it says it fits, then there's a typo on the Krebs web. OP why not call Kreb's and get some verification and maybe save some poor other soul the same hassle? Or learn maybe why this will fit and you haven't figured it out yet?
Lol, please link to me how you found out this information on Google, that's hilarious.

And no, trust me, I'm a pretty sharp person, I've tried every angle, and the handguard is blatantly designed to fit a receiver, it will absolutely not slide over the bulges of the trunnion.

I'm trying to contact Krebs as we speak, looking for a good email or phone number.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:35 AM   #11
DOS AK's
Most interesting rifle in the world
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 177786

Quote:
NOW AVAILABLE! An M-LOK Fore-End made specifically for your VEPR FM-AK-11 rifle!! Hard-coat anodyzed, with our Krebs Custom Quality! MADE ONLY FOR THE AK-FM-11. THIS WILL NOT FIT A "STANDARD" VEPR WITH REINFORCED TRUNNION!!!
Well that certainly sounds like a fucked up/contradiction from Krebs to me. OP , lets us know what Krebs has to say. I didn't need a mlok top cover so I settled on the mlock LHG that AKOU sells for one on my Fm's. Not the sexiest, but it fits/works,

“We have enough trouble with women without giving them M16 rifles.”
DOS AK's is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 11:55 AM   #12
draftpick
Veteran Member

Quote:

Ok so not all Veprs then a old ball. But show me a FM-11 with no bulged trunnions as that is what Krebs is selling it to fit? Not listed as a 1V! Also I think the FM-11 is a 7.62x39 only?

Last edited by draftpick; 03-29-2018 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:09 PM   #13
draftpick
Veteran Member

I asked Krebs to send me a pic of the rifle they made this hard guard for and they refused. So kinda of shady on Krebs.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:49 PM   #14
AdamP123
((((-(-(-_-)-)-))))

AKaholic #: 154955

Is this the handguard in question?: https://krebscustomak47.com/product-...m-lok-fore-end

"MADE ONLY FOR THE AK-FM-11. THIS WILL NOT FIT A "STANDARD" VEPR WITH REINFORCED TRUNNION!!!"

Sounds like an SAT question... If all FM VEPRs have bulged trunnions, will this handguard fit a VEPR-FM?

Having owned and enjoyed many Krebs AKs, I have come to believe that he/they are very detail oriented. However, this is a really big oversight and it's hard to believe that they screwed the pooch so bad on this one. The description makes absolutely no sense because ALL FM-11s had bulged trunnions. Avtomat, Krebs should offer you a full refund with return shipping on their dime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtomat Kalashnikov View Post
^ Lol, comes in here to make everyone else look dumb, achieves the opposite effect.

Yes, oh wise one, we are well aware that there were VEPRs made, like the 1V that don't have a bulged trunnion.

But if you had any reading comprehension you'd see I'm not talking about just ANY VEPR. I'm talking SPECIFICALLY about the AK FM 11, which is what the handguard is sold as being uniquely designed to fit.

And in this case, yes, ALL of the Vepr FM Ak 47 11 models have the bulged trunnion.

Therefore, your point is invalid.

Thanks for your great contribution to the thread, oh wise one.
haha

Aceshigh tries, but often fails miserably. He does one good thing for this forum and that is telling people to buy combloc AKs and avoid US-made rifles. I think that gives him confidence to branch out and advise elsewhere, but most of the time, his lack of knowledge really shows. I also like how Aces posts others' rifles and, when people are like "Wow, man, that is a badass rifle", he never replies to tell them that it is not his rifle, which is pretty damn shady in my opinion.

Я люблю котов! У меня нет кота, но они очаровательны. Я люблю разговаривать с людьми в парке о своих домашних кошках. Кошки могут быть настолько привередливыми! Вы когда-нибудь задумывались что кошки думают? Много приветствий! Адам.
AdamP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:19 PM   #15
AK-ula
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

AKaholic #: 159323
Default ....BOOM!

Hey Big A....

Don't hold back. Tell us what you really think.
1:11 MARK14
AK-ula is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:24 PM   #16
rbox1064
Rammer Jammer
Contributor

Quote:
Lol, please link to me how you found out this information on Google, that's hilarious.

And no, trust me, I'm a pretty sharp person, I've tried every angle, and the handguard is blatantly designed to fit a receiver, it will absolutely not slide over the bulges of the trunnion.

I'm trying to contact Krebs as we speak, looking for a good email or phone number.
You misunderstood me. I said the only thing that was found on Google was this thread. I understand that you are upset, but try to not see everyone as saying that you're just plain stupid, it makes you look, well lesser smarter...
Old 03-29-2018, 03:10 PM   #17
voron
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 174098

OP, sorry if i missed it- but did you try to contact Krebs Custom to get anywhere? Marc is a stand-up guy, and so is everyone else that works there. I am sure they would take care of you.

BAN SIG 2017

Last edited by voron; 03-29-2018 at 03:35 PM.
voron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 03:13 PM   #18
Aceshigh
Lt Topper

Quote:

You have a serious confidence complex there don't you princess.......wow......that's actually hilarious.
You obviously were so riled up by an assisted post, you didn't stop to realize I wasn't talking to you.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftpick View Post
yes ALL Veprs have bulged trunnions.
I was coming in to assist with some other information to define what an incorrect post was talking about.
and you (Avtomatic Kalash) felt so jaded by that, you felt compelled to go snotty ass like a child.

Feeling dumb now aren't you for running your mouth I bet........but you won't own it.

Quote:
Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort. John F Kennedy 1961

Last edited by Aceshigh; 03-29-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:53 PM   #19
Avtomat Kalashnikov

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox1064 View Post
You misunderstood me. I said the only thing that was found on Google was this thread. I understand that you are upset, but try to not see everyone as saying that you're just plain stupid, it makes you look, well lesser smarter...
You misunderstood me too.

I didn't feel attacked by your post at all, I thought it was funny. I interpreted it as you saying you had somehow found online a list of how many Vepr FM handguards had been sold and to whom. I was genuinely intrigued to find out where you can find this info, I didn't know you weren't speaking literally.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:58 PM   #20
Avtomat Kalashnikov

Quote:
Originally Posted by voron View Post
OP, sorry if i missed it- but did you try to contact Krebs Custom to get anywhere? Marc is a stand-up guy, and so is everyone else that works there. I am sure they would take care of you.
Ok, so I emailed Krebs thru their website.

I got an almost immediate response:

"Mr. Krebs is out of the office until late next week. We will discuss
this with him when he returns."

Hmmmm.....
Old 03-29-2018, 05:23 PM   #21
AdamP123
((((-(-(-_-)-)-))))

Quote:
You obviously were so riled up by an assisted post, you didn't stop to realize I wasn't talking to you.......
Well, you were trying to "enlighten" people who were saying Krebs is wrong, which he is definitely wrong in this instance. I present to you Exhibit A (note the bold text)...

Quote:
They were sold @ ~$1500 or $1600 back in 2016 if memory serves.

For anyone to think they know more then Krebs.....kinda funny.
It is kind of funny, huh? Guess what. Krebs has a blatantly incorrect description on his website. So, there't that.

I get that you tried to come in this thread and look like a hot shot, but that didn't happen. Just admit it.

Quote:

You have a serious confidence complex there don't you princess.......wow......that's actually hilarious.
There is true irony in this. Rather than admitting that you were incorrect, you utilize verbal gymnastics to save face. So much fail, man.

Quote:

Feeling dumb now aren't you for running your mouth I bet........but you won't own it.
Hahahahaha. Good stuff. Thanks for putting post 14 on full display.

Я люблю котов! У меня нет кота, но они очаровательны. Я люблю разговаривать с людьми в парке о своих домашних кошках. Кошки могут быть настолько привередливыми! Вы когда-нибудь задумывались что кошки думают? Много приветствий! Адам.
Old 03-29-2018, 05:27 PM   #22
draftpick
Veteran Member

Quote:

I was coming in to assist with some other information to define what an incorrect post was talking about.
and you (Avtomatic Kalash) felt so jaded by that, you felt compelled to go snotty ass like a child.

I never feel bad running at it you ��. As your 1v is not a FM-11 which is what was asked. Don’t you feel dumb?
Old 03-29-2018, 05:27 PM   #23
DOS AK's
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamP123 View Post
Is this the handguard in question?: https://krebscustomak47.com/product-...m-lok-fore-end

"MADE ONLY FOR THE AK-FM-11. THIS WILL NOT FIT A "STANDARD" VEPR WITH REINFORCED TRUNNION!!!"

Sounds like an SAT question... If all FM VEPRs have bulged trunnions, will this handguard fit a VEPR-FM?

Having owned and enjoyed many Krebs AKs, I have come to believe that he/they are very detail oriented. However, this is a really big oversight and it's hard to believe that they screwed the pooch so bad on this one. The description makes absolutely no sense because ALL FM-11s had bulged trunnions. Avtomat, Krebs should offer you a full refund with return shipping on their dime.

haha

Aceshigh tries, but often fails miserably. He does one good thing for this forum and that is telling people to buy combloc AKs and avoid US-made rifles. I think that gives him confidence to branch out and advise elsewhere, but most of the time, his lack of knowledge really shows. I also like how Aces posts others' rifles and, when people are like "Wow, man, that is a badass rifle", he never replies to tell them that it is not his rifle, which is pretty damn shady in my opinion.
It will be interesting to see what Mark has to say when he gets back. The website info contradicts itself. Surprised they would miss something like that, but certainly appears to be the case.

Speaking of photos, do you shoot your own photos of your rifles? Rifles are always first class but so is your photography.

Last edited by DOS AK's; 03-29-2018 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-29-2018, 05:56 PM   #24
AdamP123
((((-(-(-_-)-)-))))

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOS AK's View Post
It will be interesting to see what Mark has to say when he gets back. The website info contradicts itself. Surprised they would miss something like that, but certainly appears to be the case.
I'm sure they'll make it right without any issues. Krebs is pretty damn good. I had a part fail on a KV-13 and they shipped me a replacement the day I called, no questions asked. This is likely a case of someone working for Krebs that needs to learn a little more about what they are selling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOS AK's View Post
Speaking of photos, do you shoot your own photos of your rifles? Rifles are always first class but so is your photography.
Thanks. My photos have been pretty lazy lately. I just sit the rifle on the floor and snap a few shots. The weather has been pretty crappy as well. I was using a decent camera, but I just use my Samsung Galaxy S8 now because it's a lot more convenient. It takes pretty damn good photos though.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:03 PM   #25
Avtomat Kalashnikov

Quote:

I was gonna respond to this pathetic attempt at backpedaling but the other posters have already embarrassed you enough.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:57 PM   #26
Aceshigh
Lt Topper

Cool story.....

Quote:
Old 03-29-2018, 08:56 PM   #27
AdamP123
((((-(-(-_-)-)-))))

Nice try. You're still a moron.

Quote:
[IMG]https://media.giphy.com/media/jQmVFypWInKCc/giphy-downsized-large.gif[IMG]

Cool story.....

Old 03-30-2018, 03:23 PM   #28
voron
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 174098

comon guys....

BAN SIG 2017

voron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:39 AM   #29
Avtomat Kalashnikov

UPDATE!!!

I just got a phone call from a number I didn't recognize. Guy asked for me by name, I said who's calling?

"This is Marc Krebs" lol wtf!

So he proceeded to tell me "it says right on the website it wont fit the bulged trunions"

"Uhhh yeah, sorry Marc, I dont know how they sell these in Illinois but here in Texas I have never seen a Vepr FM 11 without bulged trunnion. In fact, I dont see how they could sell them anywhere, isn't the entire selling point of Veprs the thick RPK barrel, the reinforced trunnion and the 1.5 millimeter receiver??? That's what I've always read."

So he proceeds to argue with me that all the FM 11's hes ever seen dont have bulged trunnion, and said he'd send me a picture.

I said look I dont wanna argue, just make it right.

He tells me ok, just ship it back to me, we're working on making them to fit the bulged trunnion now, they should be ready in 6-8 weeks, as soon as they're done we'll ship you one.

Ok, well.....are you gonna pay for me to ship this one to you? You didn't expect me to pay right?

He paused, let out a groan and sounded audibly annoyed. "Wellll.......I guess we could.......uhhh.....well look, how bout you pay for the shipping and we just knock it off your bill"

uhhh WHAT BILL? I already paid for the handguard.

"Uhhh, oh right.......sighhhhh........well I guess well just send you a shipping label when we mail you the new one"

So yeah. Not the kind of customer service I was expecting, dude was treating me like I was somehow the one inconveniencing HIM. I hung up and had a minute to think about it, and I should have just said send my money back.

But whatever, I'll wait for the new model, I've been waiting for a Krebs MLok hg for a long time.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:09 PM   #30
Avtomat Kalashnikov

Ok, second update:

Marc had me second guessing myself so I went straight to the source.

I called the FIME group in Las Vegas and spoke to one of the importers. In HIS OWN WORDS.......

"Every single FM series Vepr we have ever imported from Molot has had the bulged RPK style trunnion."

Well well well Mister Krebs, sounds like you guys f@#%# up and are just trying to bullshit your way out of this. Now suddenly your manufacturing team is fast at work to produce new handguards with the bulged trunnion cutouts.

I can't wait to see how this plays out. I'm starting to think Aceshigh really is Marc Krebs :lol:
Old 04-04-2018, 03:40 PM   #31
DOS AK's
Bronze Contributor

Sad he can't just admit they fucked up and move on.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:47 PM   #32
rbox1064
Rammer Jammer
Contributor

Quote:
Ok, second update:

I called the FIME group in Las Vegas and spoke to one of the importers. In HIS OWN WORDS.......

"Every single FM series Vepr we have ever imported from Molot has had the bulged RPK style trunnion."

Well well well Mister Krebs, sounds like you guys f@#%# up and are just trying to bullshit your way out of this. Now suddenly your manufacturing team is fast at work to produce new handguards with the bulged trunnion cutouts.

I can't wait to see how this plays out. I'm starting to think Aceshigh really is Marc Krebs :lol:
He called a guy a couple years back and blew his ass out because the guy had posted his experience with his Krebs rifle. I wish I could recall specifics and find that thread. It's was a hoot!
Old 04-04-2018, 10:05 PM   #33
cyberjad
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 173415

Quote:
Ok, second update:

Legion imported a rare variant very similar to the FM called the IV that does not have the rpk trunnion. They were imported prior to the FM coming in and a few after.
cyberjad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:33 PM   #34
bigrog210
Vierfruchtpyjama
Contributor

AKaholic #: 177977

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberjad View Post
Legion imported a rare variant very similar to the FM called the IV that does not have the rpk trunnion. They were imported prior to the FM coming in and a few after.

/////
Magaholic

CTAK social group
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/group.php?groupid=39
bigrog210 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 03:00 AM   #35
cyberjad
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 173415

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrog210 View Post
Yea...looks like I passed over the earlier posts completely. That's what I get for reading/posting on a cell phone.
cyberjad is online now   Reply With Quote