Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AR15 / AR10

Notices

Old Today, 03:41 PM   #2101
Renov8
Pax Americana-Invicta

AKaholic #: 122038

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula View Post
With respect, i disagree about being in the 1st inning. IMO we are in the 4-5th inning. With prices in the upper $300's on some AR's, i believe they have just about hit their 'low point'.
Colt AR/M4's for $600 and under, we may see the naked OEM1's for $599 but i dont think they will go lower. Again thats just my opinion.
Hi end AR's IMO have plenty of room to slash prices. About a month or so back they started dropping prices and i believe we will see that trend go on threw new years.
The AR market needs to stabilize. If it doesn't, we're gonna see alot of AR related businesses shutting down.
We have our own barometers with which we gauge the market. The lower end stuff is first to drop. I think we both agree on this. The next tier would include Colt and some of the other milspec manufacturers. Sitting on a lot of inventory...still. All of this inventory has led to decreases in production, but nevertheless, the production is still ongoing. What happens to that inventory? It sits, until the election inventoy gets sold off. We are still seeing that inventory being sold off. By the way, I am not following what is published in the news and the gun sites most of us frequesnt. I am going off of what I have heard from people in the business. Business is bad. period. Lots of spin going on regarding the overall gun industry...

High end AR's are still in delusional mode...if they don't respond within the next few months, it will take that much longer for them to recalibrate their business. I know, because many are making changes now to reduce overhead and labor costs longterm.

I think we need a good shake out in this industry...and its coming.

"As a society, we rediscover that the value of a right is not in what it hides, but in what it protects."

Education beats propaganda!
Renov8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:36 PM   #2102
4mula
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renov8 View Post
We have our own barometers with which we gauge the market. The lower end stuff is first to drop. I think we both agree on this. The next tier would include Colt and some of the other milspec manufacturers. Sitting on a lot of inventory...still. All of this inventory has led to decreases in production, but nevertheless, the production is still ongoing. What happens to that inventory? It sits, until the election inventoy gets sold off. We are still seeing that inventory being sold off. By the way, I am not following what is published in the news and the gun sites most of us frequesnt. I am going off of what I have heard from people in the business. Business is bad. period. Lots of spin going on regarding the overall gun industry...

High end AR's are still in delusional mode...if they don't respond within the next few months, it will take that much longer for them to recalibrate their business. I know, because many are making changes now to reduce overhead and labor costs longterm.

I think we need a good shake out in this industry...and its coming.
I pretty much agree with what you say, the one place i dont is inventory. I believe they have already started dipping into inventory for a good month or so. Honestly i hope im wrong as i wouldn't mind picking up some mid tier rifles at around $600.
That industry shake up is gonna be ugly.
Old Today, 08:23 PM   #2103
Renov8
Pax Americana-Invicta

AKaholic #: 122038

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula View Post
I pretty much agree with what you say, the one place i dont is inventory. I believe they have already started dipping into inventory for a good month or so. Honestly i hope im wrong as i wouldn't mind picking up some mid tier rifles at around $600.
That industry shake up is gonna be ugly.
Agreed. Inventory is being slowly removed from the shelves, but in order to really clear it out, we to see some more "flash" sales and discounts applied to cut even further into the excess.

There is going to be some pushback in all aspects of this market...ammo was dropping at a pretty good clip, but seems to have plateaud for the time being. one barometer I use in ammo prices is 22. It was the toughest of calibers to find for a long time and now it is plentiful and the prices are hovering around 6-8 cents/round...with some being found at 5c/round. I ultimately expect 22 to be around 3-4c/round.

The industry shake up will be ugly, but will also bring about more innovation. Once the Hearing protection act passes, we could see a real nice uptick in a lot of specific businesses. need to make that happen at the very latest in 2018.

All of this is predicated on our economy to continue chugging along...which many don't feel will. Who knows...

"As a society, we rediscover that the value of a right is not in what it hides, but in what it protects."

Education beats propaganda!
Renov8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:24 PM   #2104
Cole Dedhand
A Militia of One

AKaholic #: 186633

DPMS Oracle $355 shipped after rebate. Use code L9Q at checkout.

I learned about this from MrGunsnGear.

http://www.brownells.com/firearms/ri...55-168242.aspx
Cole Dedhand is online now   Reply With Quote