Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Survival and Preparedness

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2018, 10:26 AM   #36
Returned
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 189425
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Claremore, OK
Posts: 2,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Stevens View Post
People forget, it will be fats which are hard to come by because they store so poorly. Condensed milk is a great source of fats.
Yup, fats are critical to survival. They are so readily available that folks have already forgotten about rabbit starvation in the 30.

Point if fact, you can for while eating from starvation due to lean foods.
Esp when you are burning as many calories as you do in an active, survival, nonsedentary life style.
__________________
Oro supplex et acclinis,
Cor contritum quasi cinis,
Gere curam mei finis.

Dies irę, dies illa, dies tribulationis et angustię, dies calamitatis et miserię, dies tenebrarum et caliginis, dies nebulę et turbinis, dies tubę et clangoris super civitates munitas et super angulos excelsos
Returned is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:30 AM   #37
genxgixxer
Curio & Relic
 
genxgixxer's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 179329
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: reno, nevada
Posts: 3,525
Default

Hope you all are stocking flouride or don't mind losing all your teeth. Can't survive on sugar without dental hygiene.
__________________
Trump 2020

Democrats are the enemy of America.




Sent from 52 area
genxgixxer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 01:07 AM   #38
Ram Rod
Ruler of Ramnation
Contributor
 
Ram Rod's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 182786
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: stone's throw from the Buffalo
Posts: 4,906
Default

Yoo-hoo. I got plenty of Yoo-hoo. Chocolate is where it's at when SHTF. Seriously. That or waffles and syrup. Sugar is like a drug. Well, it is matter of fact.
Toothpaste and dental hygiene? Seriously? Could you identify a meth head?
Sugar without dental hygiene. You've been living in a bubble too long IMO.
__________________
Misfit magazine garage repair guroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjarhead View Post
It is the mission of every leftist to destroy you in any and every way possible.
They aren't your countrymen, they are simply enemy.
Fuck the left. They belong in Hell.


DEFCON 2.4
Ram Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:28 PM   #39
andr
Banned
 
AKaholic #: 196959
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 107
Default

Crisco stores pretty well on the shelf, and so does Peanut Butter. 1-2 years, depending upon conditions and how fresh it was when you bought it.
andr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:23 PM   #40
genxgixxer
Curio & Relic
 
genxgixxer's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 179329
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: reno, nevada
Posts: 3,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
Yoo-hoo. I got plenty of Yoo-hoo. Chocolate is where it's at when SHTF. Seriously. That or waffles and syrup. Sugar is like a drug. Well, it is matter of fact.
Toothpaste and dental hygiene? Seriously? Could you identify a meth head?
Sugar without dental hygiene. You've been living in a bubble too long IMO.
Please. Plenty of accounts of Civil war, and other war accounts of soldiers with massive mouth infections rendering themselves out of the fight because of poor hygiene. Get a nasty infected tooth, that shit can easily go right to the blood and cause fever and death. Unless you have super genes and enamel that are impervious to decay, great for you...reality is a few months consuming high sugar content foods without anything to protect your teeth will lead to cavities, root/nerve death and then infection. Infection is infection...the body doesn't heal that shit without meds. Best defense is preventative measures (flouride) and then second case is treating the infection with cleaning/antibiotics etc. None of which will be readily available.

Skip the condensed milk, just go get a bunch of Snickers bars and bury them in the snow, tastier, but you'll still end up with the same problems.
__________________
Trump 2020

Democrats are the enemy of America.




Sent from 52 area
genxgixxer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:12 AM   #41
Returned
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 189425
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Claremore, OK
Posts: 2,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by genxgixxer View Post
Please. Plenty of accounts of Civil war, and other war accounts of soldiers with massive mouth infections rendering themselves out of the fight because of poor hygiene. Get a nasty infected tooth, that shit can easily go right to the blood and cause fever and death. Unless you have super genes and enamel that are impervious to decay, great for you...reality is a few months consuming high sugar content foods without anything to protect your teeth will lead to cavities, root/nerve death and then infection. Infection is infection...the body doesn't heal that shit without meds. Best defense is preventative measures (flouride) and then second case is treating the infection with cleaning/antibiotics etc. None of which will be readily available.

Skip the condensed milk, just go get a bunch of Snickers bars and bury them in the snow, tastier, but you'll still end up with the same problems.
The Pharaoh Tut was found to have a massive tooth infection/abscess all the way deep into the bone of his jaw.

Yeah. Hygene people.
__________________
Oro supplex et acclinis,
Cor contritum quasi cinis,
Gere curam mei finis.

Dies irę, dies illa, dies tribulationis et angustię, dies calamitatis et miserię, dies tenebrarum et caliginis, dies nebulę et turbinis, dies tubę et clangoris super civitates munitas et super angulos excelsos
Returned is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:24 PM   #42
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor
 
Dragynn's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 170546
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Eriador
Posts: 5,639
Default

If you need more fats, consider generic spam products, they might not be the tastiest things, but they have a good bit of protein and tons of calories from the fat content.
__________________
((DB)) Deplorable Basterd brigade #47
Dragynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:37 AM   #43
Returned
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 189425
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Claremore, OK
Posts: 2,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragynn View Post
If you need more fats, consider generic spam products, they might not be the tastiest things, but they have a good bit of protein and tons of calories from the fat content.
Plus, depending on your environment the extra salt can be a health boon.

Yes, salt loss is a thing. I loaded up Uhaul shipping crates to move in 115-123F heat for three days.

We drank water like it was the end of the world but that didn't help. The potassium and sodium loss was too high so we made sure to eat high sources there of. Believe me, you know when your K or Na drop too low, and it's super dangerous.

Loss of either can kill you even with enough water. We take for granted a lot during this time of endless plenty where even our least is fat on the vast food, energy, and vitamins that are available.
__________________
Oro supplex et acclinis,
Cor contritum quasi cinis,
Gere curam mei finis.

Dies irę, dies illa, dies tribulationis et angustię, dies calamitatis et miserię, dies tenebrarum et caliginis, dies nebulę et turbinis, dies tubę et clangoris super civitates munitas et super angulos excelsos
Returned is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The AK FIles