Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Handgun Forums > General Handgun Discussion

Notices

Old 07-13-2018, 05:55 PM   #36
Fire4Effect
Tap, rack, bang

AKaholic #: 181925

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAIGA 5.45 View Post
Let's be frank you don't know the reasons, but from what I have heard from various instructors in LE they are moving back to DA/SA guns now due to a lot of stress testing. Sudden or abrupt confrontations can induce a shot with a drawn striker weapon in quite a few instances. So the Heavy DA is making a come back to keep officers from shooting when they don't mean too in high stress situations.

But you'd be gullible enough to use some retarded shit like that as an excuse.
TBH that reason sounds even worse.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:19 PM   #37
wormraper
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 192990

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
I'm constantly amazed at all the folks who've forgotten about the large LEAs who voluntarily broke their lease agreement early to turn these POS' back in.

Ya know, fellas, large agencies generally don't end their gun leases early unless the gun really, really stinks.
lol
wormraper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 06:22 PM   #38
wormraper
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barth View Post
If those guns run?
That's one hell of a deal
it's the standard statement that Sportsman's Guide puts on pretty much all their LEO trade in banners. This particular batch was almost unused. They were manufactured in early/mid 2015 and a LOT of people on the forums were receiving barely fired guns or NOS. My buddy picked up one with me and his still had the factory grease. It was completely unissued.

Last edited by wormraper; 07-13-2018 at 06:30 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:07 PM   #39
smithy72
Contributor

AKaholic #: 187266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasky View Post
Sportsmansguide posted M&P 45 Mid-size police trade ins about a week ago for $226 shipped so I had to roll the dice. Description was that it would have holster wear, come with one magazine that wasn't guaranteed to function, and nothing else. What I received was a barely used M&P in excellent condition with an original M&P box, owner's manual, and extra back straps. Came with night sights as well that glow brightly.

This is Durham NC marked, but they obviously didn't use it or carry it too long. Have to say I consider this a steal for $256 OTD. Only complaint I have is that I didn't order a few more. If I decide I like this enough, I am purchasing a few 14rd mags, a couple boxes of HSTs, a TLR-1, and making this a night stand gun. I picked up additional 10rd mags off of eBay for $14 each.

I am also looking for recommendations on a good OWB holster that will fit this either with a TLR-1 or without. I am having trouble finding a holster that is made specifically for the shorter slide and not sure if it will fit in an M&P9 holster.

O
Great pistol and despite some of the uniformed and just plain stupid comments from the unknowing .One of the best out of the box service pistols to be had.
If you want details feel free to PM me , i have over 8 yrs experience maintaining them for an agency .Have seen multiple guns with over 75000 rds
with no major issues at all.
smithy72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:16 PM   #40
smithy72
Contributor

AKaholic #: 187266

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
I'm constantly amazed at all the folks who've forgotten about the large LEAs who voluntarily broke their lease agreement early to turn these POS' back in.

Ya know, fellas, large agencies generally don't end their gun leases early unless the gun really, really stinks.
I am really amazed at this "fact" being thrown around ,hell most regular agencies wont shoot their guns enough to know good from bad.
Seen multiple M&P .45s with in excess of 75000 rounds with no issues and still
serviceable. Have you every had one in you hand?
Personally done from PM to rebuilds in excess of 300 per year over an 8 year period.
smithy72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:59 AM   #41
hebie82
She wants the D...onuts
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 193869

Damn! I wish I would have known when they were selling them. I would have jumped on that in a heartbeat.
hebie82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:59 PM   #42
wormraper
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebie82 View Post
Damn! I wish I would have known when they were selling them. I would have jumped on that in a heartbeat.
Only way I even caught them was because I follow Mrgunsngear on facebook and it came across my feed. they were GONE in less than a day. woulda grabbed two if I knew how good of a condition they were in when I ordered.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:00 PM   #43
Brasky
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 187139

I ordered a tlr-1, kydex r&r holster, and some HSTs. I had a debate between HST or HST+p but the standard pressure were $22.50 per 50 from bonefroggunclub so I went with those. 3-5 14rd mags will be next on the list.
Brasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:04 PM   #44
wormraper
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasky View Post
I ordered a tlr-1, kydex r&r holster, and some HSTs. I had a debate between HST or HST+p but the standard pressure were $22.50 per 50 from bonefroggunclub so I went with those. 3-5 14rd mags will be next on the list.
IMO +P rounds are not necessary. ESPECIALLY for a .45. HST is good shit