Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Gear & Accessories

Notices

Old 07-18-2018, 03:36 PM   #36
Alderleet
Memetic Warfare Group

AKaholic #: 162042

I had a uspalm mag and grip. Sold them both, because I stumbled into a pile of chinese flatbacks at $5 a piece, and the uspalm was too narrow at the top for my hands. I have long fingers and big hands, so a hogue with a slip on handall over it fits better

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth
Not every Muslim is a Terrorist, but almost every Terrorist, is a Muslim.
Alderleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:27 PM   #37
Romy_G

AKaholic #: 195355

Quote:
Originally Posted by brawny View Post
If everyone and their brother is selling plasma for these Us Palm grips, why did they go out of business?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amadeus76 View Post
US Palm lived and died with their magazines. They made a good grip that a lot of people liked, but there were and are still a lot of quality grips on the market. Once Magpul came out with a cheaper mag that was still quality (and looked much better IMO) the writing was on the wall.
There was a lot of things at play that led to the downfall of US Palm. One of the big ones was they initially lied about their gen 1 mags being metal lined in certain places, and were outed when someone cut them open and called them on it. They fixed that but when it was all said and done a lot of people had soured on them as a company....and rightfully so.

They made a pretty decent chest rig, which they almost had to do since their mags either barely fit or didn't fit in a lot of other AK rigs and pouches. I had one sometime around the 2011 timeframe and ran it in a class and found it just had too much material, rode too low, and didn't fit me all that well. It was well made, it just didn't work for me.

Their grips are kinda like current banned AK's, most people over looked them when they were on every gun store shelf and catalog and then went full retard when they were no longer readily available. I've seen the real ones go for $80-125, definitely not worth that. I still have one of the originals on a rifle and while it is my favorite AK grip, it's still a $25 grip that works well for some people and not so much for others. The PTS grips, which were officially licensed from US Palm when US Palm was still in business, are a good replacement for the same money the originals cost back in the day.
Romy_G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM   #38
Rebella
Khyber Customs
Vendor

AKaholic #: 162679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
Khyber Customs sell a laminated wood version that is dead sexy.
MikaMarinaSonya
Rebella is online now   Reply With Quote