Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Handgun Forums > General Handgun Discussion

Notices

Old 01-01-2017, 11:45 AM   #106
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 176461

CZ you tried...

Same shit different day. Everyone tries to better the Glock 19 but end up with a bigger gun that holds the same amount. In the end, another one bites the dust!

Stopsign32v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:59 AM   #107
wsr

AKaholic #: 172479

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89grand View Post
The CZ is clearly not the same size as a G19, or even only bigger by an insignificant amount. Barrel length is the same, but over all length is longer, and height wise, it sits almost dead center between the G19 and G17. It's 5mm taller than the G19, and 6mm shorter than the G17 which holds 2 more rounds. It even weighs more than the G17 in fact. The 2mm thickness difference isn't all that much, but it is thicker.

It's the same from the trigger guard forward, which is why it fits in Glock holsters, but no matter how you slice it, the gun is bigger and heavier than a G19. Pictures better illustrate this than a spec sheet that doesn't even appear to be entirely accurate since it states it's the same exact length as a G19 which it isn't.

Put mags in them and the difference isnt that much
wsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 12:02 PM   #108
Sabre5G
The Mouth of Sauron

AKaholic #: 181719

Looks huge as hell to me. Like comparing a big assed M&P9 to a stripped and sleek Glock 19.

--Originally posted by Nofreetime—
“PTR’s are obsolete Fudd Sticks.”
Sabre5G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 12:15 PM   #109
Sabre5G
The Mouth of Sauron

Default I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
CZ you tried...

Same shit different day. Everyone tries to better the Glock 19 but end up with a bigger gun that holds the same amount. In the end, another one bites the dust!

I'll keep carrying the Glock 19. The 12$ magpul mags and polygonal rifling and size without big ass beavertails and all still kicks everything's ass for me. There must be something special about that Luger grip angle that Glock uses. It at least keeps the bore axis low and it points perfect when I bring it up. My Glock 19 is also more accurate than this guy's custom scorpion SIG 1911 with a suppressor and all the bells and whistles.

Never tried to be a Glock fanboy, but god damn, they are still winning. If I had to choose a pistol that wasn't a Glock, I'd go for the Walther P99 with the European style mag release.

My next two pistols will be the HK VP9 and a Walther PPQ M1 or the P99.

It's hilarious how these Shill ass fat guys on YouTube can't adapt to a god damn European mag release. They focus on a button. They cannot adapt and this is why many guns still suck. Look at all the dumb asses that went from 40 to 9. Now as the military takes on piston rifles, it'll be hilarious to see all the DI guys switch in 5 years and make new excuses on why DI is superioi.

You can justify anything on what ifs and bullshit. Hence, 14 inch barreled microcaliber rifles with Direct inpengement. Or Beretta M-9's when most ammo is tested with 4 inch barrels and you'll lose 2-3 inches of penetration on.

Old 01-01-2017, 01:15 PM   #110
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre5G View Post
Looks huge as hell to me. Like comparing a big assed M&P9 to a stripped and sleek Glock 19.
I had a M&P9c. And after loading it up and feeling the weight, size, trigger, grip...The only thing I could think was "And THIS is suppose to compare to a G19?!"

Sold it for $400 I think after one range trip.
Old 01-01-2017, 01:17 PM   #111
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsr View Post
Hell even if that is true, look at the thickness. The damn CZ makes the Glock 19 look like a single stack!
Old 01-01-2017, 01:31 PM   #112
Corpsie
^^e0w~

AKaholic #: 168814

Quote:
Hell even if that is true, look at the thickness. The damn CZ makes the Glock 19 look like a single stack!
The width measurements were posted in this thread.
Old 01-01-2017, 01:37 PM   #113
wsr

Quote:
It is true, who cares how big they are without mags

As far as width 2mm
Old 01-01-2017, 02:06 PM   #114
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsie View Post
The width measurements were posted in this thread.
Quote:
It is true, who cares how big they are without mags

As far as width 2mm
CZ is wider than the Glock 19 = CHECK
CZ is longer than the Glock 19 = CHECK
CZ's grip is longer than the Glock 19 = CHECK
CZ weighs more than the Glock 19 = CHECK
CZ doesn't hold anymore rounds than the Glock 19 = CHECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ USA
It may have taken a while to come to market, but we feel the wait has been worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ USA
Improving on perfection
Old 01-01-2017, 02:13 PM   #115
wsr

Quote:
CZ is wider than the Glock 19 = CHECK
CZ is longer than the Glock 19 = CHECK
CZ's grip is longer than the Glock 19 = CHECK
CZ weighs more than the Glock 19 = CHECK
CZ doesn't hold anymore rounds than the Glock 19 = CHECK

I'm sure 2mm in width and 5mm in length makes a huge difference in concealment to some on the dainty side but if your chest is bigger than your waist I doubt it will make a difference
Old 01-01-2017, 02:24 PM   #116
Sabre5G
The Mouth of Sauron

I am not saying that the CZ is a bad pistol. It's probably one of the best along with Walther and HK and Glock. But like the VP9 and TP9, thy are big ass fucking pistols. If the new wave of competition pistols aren't big as hell, they have levers and all that snag. I don't know of any other pistol other than revolvers that aren't micro carry pistols that fit in a pocket like the Glock 19. Snag free.

Old 01-01-2017, 02:26 PM   #117
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
I'm sure 2mm in width and 5mm in length makes a huge difference in concealment to some on the dainty side but if your chest is bigger than your waist I doubt it will make a difference
So do tell me why "improving on perfection" = a bigger gun to capacity in any way
Old 01-01-2017, 02:29 PM   #118
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre5G View Post
I am not saying that the CZ is a bad pistol. It's probably one of the best along with Walther and HK and Glock. But like the VP9 and TP9, thy are big ass fucking pistols. If the new wave of competition pistols aren't big as hell, they have levers and all that snag. I don't know of any other pistol other than revolvers that aren't micro carry pistols that fit in a pocket like the Glock 19. Snag free.
At least someone else here gets it.
Old 01-01-2017, 02:40 PM   #119
wsr

Quote:
So do tell me why "improving on perfection" = a bigger gun to capacity in any way
Better mags, better trigger, no etraction/ejection issues,better accuracy
I don't have a issue with glocks but they aren't perfection either
If you are a average man in just ok shape the size difference is a non issue in the real world
Old 01-01-2017, 02:47 PM   #120
Mikelawtown
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 179935

Think 10 rounders are going to be avail?
Mikelawtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 02:52 PM   #121
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Better mags, better trigger, no etraction/ejection issues,better accuracy
I don't have a issue with glocks but they aren't perfection either
If you are a average man in just ok shape the size difference is a non issue in the real world
Better mags? If you mean over twice the cost then sure. But I have had 0 issues with the 50 or so Glock mags I have. So not sure how the CZ mags are "better", will have to look into that one.

Better trigger, eh...I took my stock Glock 19 Gen4 trigger, a polish wheel, some mag polish, and about 5 minutes of my time and I now have a trigger that is as good as a VP9's trigger. Others agree with me as well that I've had them do the compare.

I have 0 issues with extraction out of my G19 Gen4.

Lets not forget the takedown on the CZ is much much more complicated compared to the Glock's 2 second takedown.

Lets still not forget the CZ is bigger, heavier, and carries the same amount of ammo

Lets still not forget the CZ is not a PROVEN firearm you should depend your life and others' with. The Glock is anything but proven to be something you can rely on.
Old 01-01-2017, 02:53 PM   #122
ninjamateo
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 170268

Seriously this hasn't come and everybody is bashing it.
What matters is reliability and if it comes out that it's reliable this will sell.

Glock has been making their pistol for how long and still can't do an undercut from the factory?
Lol
ninjamateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 03:02 PM   #123
Disburse-Now
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 79142

Perhaps CZ is attempting to get into the market that Glock now dominates with the Glock 19, and perhaps not. I don't own a Glock, but have generally been impressed with them and their ability to hold up under abuse. The Canick TP9 series was introduced to compete with the Springfield XD series which Springfield imports or sells some 600,000 units yearly in the USA. The Canick TP9 series is a series of pistols that I have only seen stellar reviews on; they even have a more compact version. Obviously MAC mentioned that he thought CZ was looking to impact the Glock 19 market with this new pistol, but the other pistol types I just mentioned do so also, to some extent. I don't yet carry a pistol although I've been thru the training as has my wife. I some times carry one in my car or truck, but then I also some times carry an AK variant in the trunk or my car. My point - CZ has come out with an interesting new striker fired pistol, close to the size of a Glock 19. It is obviously not a Glock 19. Could it be that men and women will need to examine the pistol them selves and make up their own determinations as to whether or not it would be worthwhile to purchase one? I tend to purchase full size steel framed pistols, as I like them, but have for years looked at the Glock 17 with its larger capacity magazines. I often wondered what the draw of the Glock 19 was, until it dawned on me that it was more concealed carry orientated. Some of the full size polymer CZ pistols, the Canick TP9 series, FN FNX or FNH , and others have also appealed to me. CZ has at least gotten my attention with this new C10 - and it seems like a new pistol worthy of consideration whether in concealed carry or at one's side in a holster.
Disburse-Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 03:09 PM   #124
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamateo View Post
Seriously this hasn't come and everybody is bashing it.
What matters is reliability and if it comes out that it's reliable this will sell.

Glock has been making their pistol for how long and still can't do an undercut from the factory?
Lol
I don't have a problem with no undercut. In fact out of all of my Glocks 0 have under cuts.

Then again I have no problems with the finger grooves either, they fit my hand perfectly.

Everyone is bashing it because of 2 reasons...1: They are late to the party. 2: They are STATING they are better than Glock.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:47 PM   #125
wsr

Quote:
Better mags? If you mean over twice the cost then sure. But I have had 0 issues with the 50 or so Glock mags I have. So not sure how the CZ mags are "better", will have to look into that one.

Better trigger, eh...I took my stock Glock 19 Gen4 trigger, a polish wheel, some mag polish, and about 5 minutes of my time and I now have a trigger that is as good as a VP9's trigger. Others agree with me as well that I've had them do the compare.

I have 0 issues with extraction out of my G19 Gen4.

Lets not forget the takedown on the CZ is much much more complicated compared to the Glock's 2 second takedown.

Lets still not forget the CZ is bigger, heavier, and carries the same amount of ammo

Lets still not forget the CZ is not a PROVEN firearm you should depend your life and others' with. The Glock is anything but proven to be something you can rely on.
I'm not saying the mags are better (i don't know don't have one) I'm saying why they would make a mag bigger...more room for spring compression

And the same amount of polishing would make the VP9 that much better

Lots of people did and still do have issues

Like I said 2 and 5mm isn't gonna make a difference for the majority of carriers
Old 01-01-2017, 04:03 PM   #126
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
I'm not saying the mags are better (i don't know don't have one) I'm saying why they would make a mag bigger...more room for spring compression

And the same amount of polishing would make the VP9 that much better

Lots of people did and still do have issues

Like I said 2 and 5mm isn't gonna make a difference for the majority of carriers
Oh we are still talking about this?

VP9 is much more complicated than a Glock. I can have my Glock apart and COMPLETELY dissembled within 1 minute. VP9 needs special tools and isn't just a "polishing job" like the Glock is.

You literally did say the mags were better. Look back

Lots of people do not have issues now with new Glocks. Brass to the face maybe, but my M&P had that issue as well so it isn't just a Glock thing. Not that it really bothers me either way.

And you saying "bigger is no big deal" doesn't make that a fact. In a compact, carry pistol...bigger is not better unless you are increasing capacity.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:07 PM   #127
89grand
((Jerks))

AKaholic #: 178030

Quote:
The third picture in my post is with mags in them.
89grand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 04:12 PM   #128
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Oh yea and the VP9 has more recoil due to higher bore axis
Old 01-01-2017, 04:20 PM   #129
89grand
((Jerks))

I shot a VP9 before I had my Glock 19, so I didn't do a back to back comparison, but I don't recall anything all that exciting about it. It's too big for it's capacity. So is the CZ, although less so than the VP9.

Several people keep saying it's not that much bigger, like that means it isn't bigger. It's clearly bigger. It's probably a nice gun, and when I first heard about it, I thought it might actually be better...until I saw the size and weight of it.

I'll be keeping my G19 until something comes along that is better, and isn't bigger and heavier.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:25 PM   #130
ninjamateo
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 170268

Quote:
I don't have a problem with no undercut. In fact out of all of my Glocks 0 have under cuts.

Then again I have no problems with the finger grooves either, they fit my hand perfectly.

Everyone is bashing it because of 2 reasons...1: They are late to the party. 2: They are STATING they are better than Glock.
We're talking about CZ here they have a very large selection of pistols. They are just probably doing this out of boredom.

How late was glock to single stacks?
It doesn't matter how late any company is now as long as they work.
ninjamateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 04:31 PM   #131
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamateo View Post

How late was glock to single stacks?
It doesn't matter how late any company is now as long as they work.
It doesn't matter, they are Glock and they did it right. The only thing they are lacking at is a single stack 40 (which I don't care for) and a PROPER single stack 45. The 36 vs a XDS size wise is a joke IMO.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:13 PM   #132
wsr

Quote:
The third picture in my post is with mags in them.
And he is holding the glock higher in that pic
Old 01-01-2017, 05:14 PM   #133
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

If it makes any of you guys feel better my next pistol will more than likely be a CZ P01 or PCR
Old 01-01-2017, 05:22 PM   #134
89grand
((Jerks))

Quote:
And he is holding the glock higher in that pic
I guess the CZ is the same size after all.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:27 PM   #135
wsr

Quote:
Oh we are still talking about this?

VP9 is much more complicated than a Glock. I can have my Glock apart and COMPLETELY dissembled within 1 minute. VP9 needs special tools and isn't just a "polishing job" like the Glock is.

You literally did say the mags were better. Look back

Lots of people do not have issues now with new Glocks. Brass to the face maybe, but my M&P had that issue as well so it isn't just a Glock thing. Not that it really bothers me either way.

And you saying "bigger is no big deal" doesn't make that a fact. In a compact, carry pistol...bigger is not better unless you are increasing capacity.
Why wouldn't we be

Sure it's more complicated but it doesn't need the trigger work like a glock does, it started with a good trigger and it's a polish job or more whichever you want just like a glock

You might have read it that way

Even new glocks that don't have brass to face have weak and erratic ejection

I'm saying a couple mm dissent matter just like you are saying extraction/ejection issues don't matter

When you asked why improving=bigger I was answering on the concepts or ideas to why
Old 01-01-2017, 05:29 PM   #136
wsr

Quote:
I guess the CZ is the same size after all.
It's not the same but it's close
Old 01-01-2017, 05:50 PM   #137
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Why wouldn't we be

Sure it's more complicated but it doesn't need the trigger work like a glock does, it started with a good trigger and it's a polish job or more whichever you want just like a glock

You might have read it that way

Even new glocks that don't have brass to face have weak and erratic ejection

I'm saying a couple mm dissent matter just like you are saying extraction/ejection issues don't matter

When you asked why improving=bigger I was answering on the concepts or ideas to why
Because this is a pointless debate that will end up like the rest. These guns (Glock clones) are nothing more than a market to guys that hate Glocks but want a gun that's "as good" as a Glock.

No Glock NEEDS trigger work any more than another poly gun. In fact all I did was speed up the wear. Nothing I did isn't something regular wear would do on a gun.

Weak or erratic ejection isn't an issue. Plus none of my Glocks have either.

extraction/ejection issues don't happen anymore and if they do you can get it corrected by the factory. SIZE difference is something that will ALWAYS be there. So no, that isn't the same...quite a dumb statement to say it is.

This gun is just the latest Glock clone on the market that will not hurt the sales of Glock or even come close to replacing the Glock 19. All it will be is another option for non Glock fans. Mark my words. This gun will be nothing but white noise in a year or 2. Just another drop in the non Glock pond.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:06 PM   #138
wsr

Quote:
Because this is a pointless debate that will end up like the rest. These guns (Glock clones) are nothing more than a market to guys that hate Glocks but want a gun that's "as good" as a Glock.

No Glock NEEDS trigger work any more than another poly gun. In fact all I did was speed up the wear. Nothing I did isn't something regular wear would do on a gun.

Weak or erratic ejection isn't an issue. Plus none of my Glocks have either.

extraction/ejection issues don't happen anymore and if they do you can get it corrected by the factory. SIZE difference is something that will ALWAYS be there. So no, that isn't the same...quite a dumb statement to say it is.

This gun is just the latest Glock clone on the market that will not hurt the sales of Glock or even come close to replacing the Glock 19. All it will be is another option for non Glock fans. Mark my words. This gun will be nothing but white noise in a year or 2. Just another drop in the non Glock pond.
You seem to be getting a little upset

A flock doesn't need a trigger job but it needs one to have as good of a trigger as a vp9
If you really think a couple of mms in size is a bigger deal than weak/erratic ejection then there really is no need to keep talking

Glock guys always need to defend "perfection" it's got to where it's a silly caricature ...they are very good guns but the perfection shit is just stupid
How many different RSA's, extractors,followers do you need if it's perfection???
Old 01-01-2017, 06:21 PM   #139
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
You seem to be getting a little upset

A flock doesn't need a trigger job but it needs one to have as good of a trigger as a vp9
If you really think a couple of mms in size is a bigger deal than weak/erratic ejection then there really is no need to keep talking

Glock guys always need to defend "perfection" it's got to where it's a silly caricature ...they are very good guns but the perfection shit is just stupid
How many different RSA's, extractors,followers do you need if it's perfection???
Getting upset? I think this is hilarious, I'm having a blast.

A trigger job and polishing the internals could be seen as the same, however I wouldn't call it that. For all we know the finish on the internals of the VP9 could be smoother, thus the better trigger (I'm not saying that's what it is, but an example). But yes, IMO a Glock needs the mating parts of the internals "broken in" in order to be on par with a VP9 feel wise.

Yes I think "a couple mms" size difference is more important than an issue that doesn't exist for me. One is a myth to me and the other is reality. I can go get a new Glock and MIGHT have erratic ejection but if I go get a CZ P10c it WILL be bigger than a Glock.

Glock guys always have to defend perfection because every year another company tries to do it better, and falls short every time. Nothing new here, keep moving.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:09 PM   #140
wsr

Quote:
Getting upset? I think this is hilarious, I'm having a blast.

A trigger job and polishing the internals could be seen as the same, however I wouldn't call it that. For all we know the finish on the internals of the VP9 could be smoother, thus the better trigger (I'm not saying that's what it is, but an example). But yes, IMO a Glock needs the mating parts of the internals "broken in" in order to be on par with a VP9 feel wise.

Yes I think "a couple mms" size difference is more important than an issue that doesn't exist for me. One is a myth to me and the other is reality. I can go get a new Glock and MIGHT have erratic ejection but if I go get a CZ P10c it WILL be bigger than a Glock.

Glock guys always have to defend perfection because every year another company tries to do it better, and falls short every time. Nothing new here, keep moving.
LOL

Hey koolaid