Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Handgun Forums > General Handgun Discussion

Notices

Old 11-20-2017, 04:50 PM   #36
RelliK

AKaholic #: 170870

if a BF deal comes up on a fde one im down.
RelliK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:34 PM   #37
burninglegs
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183372

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelliK View Post
if a BF deal comes up on a fde one im down.
They are already down to the $690s. I wonder what dealer cost is.
burninglegs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:24 PM   #38
Scotty G

AKaholic #: 194414

Here's a post I made on another local Arizona forum about the Scorpion.

I bought one of these a little while ago, shot it, and went about modifying it. I really, really like it. This is an email I sent a few friends detailing my thoughts - if anyone is interested in reading it.

__________________________________________________ __________

Just shot it for the first time yesterday. Here are some of my thoughts since youíre interestedÖ

First, itís a low-cost solution to the 9mm sub-gun (semi-auto only) requirement. Iím not sure low cost is a bad thing in this case. I own both a SIG MPX (same platform and caliber) and the Scorpion. The SIG is a big-name, all metal, piston-driven, high-end weapon that is solid as a brick shithouse, backed by a big name, and costs around $1700. Add optics and all the stuff, and youíre easily over $2.2Gs.

I know it will last forever.

But donít let that take you down the wrong road with the CZÖ It fills a niche and it does so very well. It has a polymer housing as a receiver. The bolt carrier group slides back and forth on the interior of the polymer. I didnít know that buying it, but on the same note, I wasnít going into combat with it, either. Iím not dissatisfied with that aspect. Itís perfectly fine with me, especially taking some other really positive things into consideration.

The Scorpion shoots like a real sweetheart. I mean, even hand-held with the brace against my shoulder, pretty much one hole at 50 feet using a Vortex Viper red-dot/reflex sight. Full power Israeli hollow-points ran flawlessly. No failures or malfunctions at all. Very soft shooting, very accurate, and reliable for the first 100 rounds. Thatís all I shot.

Itís very, very customizable. Here are the parts I put on:

HB Industries 11.25Ē forearm rail. This will mostly shroud the suppressor when I get it.
HB Industries Polymer enlarged charging handle (ambidextrous)
HB Industries AK Style safety for the left side (Iím a lefty)
HB Industries 5 lb trigger/sear springs
HB Industries straight-faced trigger shoe
Yeti Wurks modular grip (more of a vertical angle like the MP5)
Apex extended right side safety
Vortex Viper on a medium riser
Lasermax Spartan light/green laser (not shown mounted)
Magpul AFG
Shockwave folding brace mount and blade stabilizer
PMM and Magpul QD sling mounts
Enlarged mag release

I also fully disassembled it and cerakoted it in Troy Coyote Brown and Armor Black. Mine had the newer non-riveted trigger pack, so putting on the HB trigger parts was easy.

Iím no gunsmith, but there were no hassles. God bless YouTube. Everything was simple.

I was surprised how well all of it interfaced; all the mods worked great right out of the box - even after I put it all together! I wasnít surprised because itís all been engineered pretty damn good.

The guy that does the Military Arms Channel on YouTube really likes both the CZ and the SIG, but I canít remember which one he picked - it was a close call. I think it was the SIG, but not by much. I guess if I was going into harmís way, Iíd want the solidness of the MPX. Itís just ďthere.Ē

The polymer of the Scorpion is probably ok, but donít throw it off the second floor and expect it to be shootable when it lands. And it may very well be, Iím just trying to highlight Iím not sure how strong the two polymer halves of the receiver are. It will last a very, very long time - probably longer than Iíll have and shoot it. I would like to see someone abuse it to failure and report on that. Who knows, maybe itís a lot tougher than Iím making it out to be. Itís not ďweakĒ in any sense, itís just not all steel and aluminum. Consider the dead horse beaten.

The Scorpion is highly modular, ambidextrous, modifiable, and at less than half the cost of the SIG, a value I donít think you can beat. Itís a blow-back operating system, and the big plus is there was almost no gas or debris in the face when shooting suppressed vs. the SIG - which had relatively lots of both because of the charging handle location and gaps. The Scorpion, with the Dead Air Ghost-M suppressor (I also bought that one) is *silly* quiet. Check out that video to see. You pretty much just hear the action cycle and the bullet hit steel - loudly.

So there ya go! Hope that helps. I paid $733 for mine at Tombstone Tactical here in PHX, so thatís a bit on the low end, price-wise. (Edit - At that time...) Their internet prices almost canít be beat. So tack on delivery and a transfer fee, and you may break even locally. I went the pistol route so I could basically have an SBR without the wait and the tax stamp.

Iíd rank myself highly satisfied with it, even affectionately so. I highly recommend getting one - and then personalizing it for your needs like Iíve done.

By the way, I put a Savvy Sniper sling on it. BEST sling Iíve ever used. Pricey as heck, but so is everything else that is cool and worth it. Itís a two point with QD mounts at the gun, a slide to tighten and loosen, a buclek for quick-off, and another QD mount so you can turn it into a single-point if thatís the way you run. Thereís a length of bungee that ďgivesĒ without stretching. (I have no affiliation with this company.)

http://www.emergingtacticalsolutions.co ... ss.006.htm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender%2015.jpg (52.3 KB, 14 views)
Scotty G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:53 PM   #39
PORTER
Been there done that.

AKaholic #: 184098

For the price the CZ Scorpion is the best modern day 9mm pistol on the market IMO. Love mine, definitely a keeper.
PORTER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:09 PM   #40
sboone
MAK Attacker

AKaholic #: 179556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty G View Post
Here's a post I made on another local Arizona forum about the Scorpion.

I bought one of these a little while ago, shot it, and went about modifying it. I really, really like it. This is an email I sent a few friends detailing my thoughts - if anyone is interested in reading it.

__________________________________________________ __________

Just shot it for the first time yesterday. Here are some of my thoughts since youíre interestedÖ

First, itís a low-cost solution to the 9mm sub-gun (semi-auto only) requirement. Iím not sure low cost is a bad thing in this case. I own both a SIG MPX (same platform and caliber) and the Scorpion. The SIG is a big-name, all metal, piston-driven, high-end weapon that is solid as a brick shithouse, backed by a big name, and costs around $1700. Add optics and all the stuff, and youíre easily over $2.2Gs.

I know it will last forever.

But donít let that take you down the wrong road with the CZÖ It fills a niche and it does so very well. It has a polymer housing as a receiver. The bolt carrier group slides back and forth on the interior of the polymer. I didnít know that buying it, but on the same note, I wasnít going into combat with it, either. Iím not dissatisfied with that aspect. Itís perfectly fine with me, especially taking some other really positive things into consideration.

The Scorpion shoots like a real sweetheart. I mean, even hand-held with the brace against my shoulder, pretty much one hole at 50 feet using a Vortex Viper red-dot/reflex sight. Full power Israeli hollow-points ran flawlessly. No failures or malfunctions at all. Very soft shooting, very accurate, and reliable for the first 100 rounds. Thatís all I shot.

Itís very, very customizable. Here are the parts I put on:

HB Industries 11.25Ē forearm rail. This will mostly shroud the suppressor when I get it.
HB Industries Polymer enlarged charging handle (ambidextrous)
HB Industries AK Style safety for the left side (Iím a lefty)
HB Industries 5 lb trigger/sear springs
HB Industries straight-faced trigger shoe
Yeti Wurks modular grip (more of a vertical angle like the MP5)
Apex extended right side safety
Vortex Viper on a medium riser
Lasermax Spartan light/green laser (not shown mounted)
Magpul AFG
Shockwave folding brace mount and blade stabilizer
PMM and Magpul QD sling mounts
Enlarged mag release

I also fully disassembled it and cerakoted it in Troy Coyote Brown and Armor Black. Mine had the newer non-riveted trigger pack, so putting on the HB trigger parts was easy.

Iím no gunsmith, but there were no hassles. God bless YouTube. Everything was simple.

I was surprised how well all of it interfaced; all the mods worked great right out of the box - even after I put it all together! I wasnít surprised because itís all been engineered pretty damn good.

The guy that does the Military Arms Channel on YouTube really likes both the CZ and the SIG, but I canít remember which one he picked - it was a close call. I think it was the SIG, but not by much. I guess if I was going into harmís way, Iíd want the solidness of the MPX. Itís just ďthere.Ē

The polymer of the Scorpion is probably ok, but donít throw it off the second floor and expect it to be shootable when it lands. And it may very well be, Iím just trying to highlight Iím not sure how strong the two polymer halves of the receiver are. It will last a very, very long time - probably longer than Iíll have and shoot it. I would like to see someone abuse it to failure and report on that. Who knows, maybe itís a lot tougher than Iím making it out to be. Itís not ďweakĒ in any sense, itís just not all steel and aluminum. Consider the dead horse beaten.

The Scorpion is highly modular, ambidextrous, modifiable, and at less than half the cost of the SIG, a value I donít think you can beat. Itís a blow-back operating system, and the big plus is there was almost no gas or debris in the face when shooting suppressed vs. the SIG - which had relatively lots of both because of the charging handle location and gaps. The Scorpion, with the Dead Air Ghost-M suppressor (I also bought that one) is *silly* quiet. Check out that video to see. You pretty much just hear the action cycle and the bullet hit steel - loudly.

So there ya go! Hope that helps. I paid $733 for mine at Tombstone Tactical here in PHX, so thatís a bit on the low end, price-wise. (Edit - At that time...) Their internet prices almost canít be beat. So tack on delivery and a transfer fee, and you may break even locally. I went the pistol route so I could basically have an SBR without the wait and the tax stamp.

Iíd rank myself highly satisfied with it, even affectionately so. I highly recommend getting one - and then personalizing it for your needs like Iíve done.

By the way, I put a Savvy Sniper sling on it. BEST sling Iíve ever used. Pricey as heck, but so is everything else that is cool and worth it. Itís a two point with QD mounts at the gun, a slide to tighten and loosen, a buclek for quick-off, and another QD mount so you can turn it into a single-point if thatís the way you run. Thereís a length of bungee that ďgivesĒ without stretching. (I have no affiliation with this company.)

http://www.emergingtacticalsolutions.co ... ss.006.htm
The scorpion is also a real world military adopted subgun for the Czechs. I donít think that the polymer thing is bothering them too much

"When I die, I want to be buried 1" below the surface that way 1/2" of me can still poke up to say "hey there pretty lady."."

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327470

For Rmiller^^^
sboone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:47 PM   #41
AK-ula
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

AKaholic #: 159323
Default Deals

FDE---1 Bid
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/719348815 SOLD!

Black---0 Bid
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/719034224

Caution!
Don't shoot one....you will buy one. It's that simple.
In pistol form...meh.
In Carbine/SBR form Hell Yeah!

Cheers
MJ

Last edited by AK-ula; 11-21-2017 at 02:09 AM.
AK-ula is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:27 PM   #42
John A.
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 178172

I bought an early pistol (before the carbines were ever announced).

In not wanting to SBR it, and now that the carbines have been out for a while, I was able to find a used carbine barrel, bought a carbine handguard from HBI, and converted my pistol to a carbine version.

This gives me the option to use a buttstock, front grip, and still be legal without needing another tax stamp.

Thank you Thompson Center/Supreme Court

John A. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:56 AM   #43
esh21167
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 170974

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-ula View Post
FDE---1 Bid

Black---0 Bid

Caution!
In pistol form...meh.

Cheers
MJ
Sub $700 for a new EVO? Excellent price. Almost makes me wish I didn't already have one.
esh21167 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:44 AM   #44
HongKong
香港

AKaholic #: 192184

The ak style mag release lever... what is that called?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninglegs View Post
Old 11-21-2017, 09:48 AM   #45
WinterWar

AKaholic #: 190784

LGS has on consignment an Evo. I have always wanted one... But not sure if the price is what I want. It does have almost all the things I wanted on my Evo though. Shockwave blade, Magpul afg and red dot. Asking 1K, but told they will sell it for "around 900". Didn't get totally clear price and also not clear how many mags. Think I go there today just to check the total cost.

But was checking the prices online and got $90 for blade, AFG around 20 bucks (although I have an extra already), red dot is cheapo Bushnell so gues around $60. That leaves price of the gun to around 830 (or 730 if they sell it for 900) + taxes. A bit too steep for a used Evo. Even if it comes with couple of mags.

Finland 100 years 12/6/2017
WinterWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:43 AM   #46
Fboutsis13

AKaholic #: 182474

My CZ with carbine rail and omega 9k underneath it....and of course a sb tactical brace
Fboutsis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:49 AM   #47
burninglegs
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HongKong View Post
The ak style mag release lever... what is that called?
HB Industries makes one. $30 formpolymer, $44 for aluminum.

Yeti Werks makes one too for $40.

https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/...release-lever/

https://www.yetiwurks.com/products/s...he-mag-release

Nicely done. That just looks right.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:29 PM   #48
Fboutsis13

AKaholic #: 182474

Quote:
HB Industries makes one. $30 formpolymer, $44 for aluminum.

Yeti Werks makes one too for $40.

https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/...release-lever/

https://www.yetiwurks.com/products/s...he-mag-release

Nicely done. That just looks right.
Thanks bud much appreciated!!...i found the carbine rail off CW gunwerks out of Miami area for $75 on gunbroker!!...the only other ones i could find were $100 +
Fboutsis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:29 PM   #49
RelliK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-ula View Post
FDE---1 Bid

Black---0 Bid

Caution!
In pistol form...meh.

Cheers
MJ
Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the fde !!!
Old 11-21-2017, 08:40 PM   #50
exred

AKaholic #: 182815

Quote:
Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the fde !!!
It is going to be your favorite 9mm to shoot, it's that awesome!
exred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:16 AM   #51
Johnny Gunz

AKaholic #: 182412

Yetiwurks has the gen 1 FDE Swithbacks on sale for $29. $20 less than normal.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:20 AM   #52
Sabre5G
The Mouth of Sauron

AKaholic #: 181719

Fuckin POF MP5’s are 1200 right now. Do it. Get the POF and EVO and be sanctified.

Have y’all seen the Scorpion EVO K Kits they have put now? Holy shit. Google the pics on those. Google The Scorpion slider stocks too

--Originally posted by Nofreetimeó
ďPTRís are obsolete Fudd Sticks.Ē
Sabre5G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 04:20 PM   #53
burninglegs
Curio & Relic

So this must be the official CZ Scorpion Evo thread? I haven't even bought my Scorpion Evo yet, but I took advantage of this deal. 25% off CZ Scorpion Evo mags from CZ directly. Comes out to $14.97 for the 30 round magazine. Unfortunately CZ charges your state sales tax regardless of you being out of state. But still the best deal I have found for them.

https://shop.cz-usa.com/home
Old 11-22-2017, 05:38 PM   #54
steveTA1983
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 180809

Quote:
So this must be the official CZ Scorpion Evo thread? I haven't even bought my Scorpion Evo yet, but I took advantage of this deal. 25% off CZ Scorpion Evo mags from CZ directly. Comes out to $14.97 for the 30 round magazine. Unfortunately CZ charges your state sales tax regardless of you being out of state. But still the best deal I have found for them.

https://shop.cz-usa.com/home

I wouldn't get too many of these. Get 32 round ones with the steel reinforcing of the feed lips from prepper gun shop. Double the price ($30) though

https://www.preppergunshop.com/pgs-h...und-smoke-tint
steveTA1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:26 PM   #55
sboone
MAK Attacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveTA1983 View Post
I wouldn't get too many of these. Get 32 round ones with the steel reinforcing of the feed lips from prepper gun shop. Double the price ($30) though

The factory magazines are fine, and if they do break CZ replaces them. If they break while your runnin n gunnin chuck the SOB with authority and grab a new one as cheap as they are is stack em deep and call em disposable

"When I die, I want to be buried 1" below the surface that way 1/2" of me can still poke up to say "hey there pretty lady."."

For Rmiller^^^
Old 11-22-2017, 07:47 PM   #56
burninglegs
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveTA1983 View Post

Why not? Got them for $16.xx shipped. Best deal. I picked up 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sboone View Post
The factory magazines are fine, and if they do break CZ replaces them. If they break while your runnin n gunnin chuck the SOB with authority and grab a new one as cheap as they are is stack em deep and call em disposable
That's what I was thinking. Factory mag. Haven't heard of any complaints of them. Good price with 25% off.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:47 PM   #57
sboone
MAK Attacker

Quote:
Why not? Got them for $16.xx shipped. Best deal. I picked up 10.

That's what I was thinking. Factory mag. Haven't heard of any complaints of them. Good price with 25% off.
The complaint was some of them had cracking issues, itís oretty well documented but Iíve never had it happens and I have 30rnd mags that have been loaded a year and I loaded the 20 rnd mags that came with the gun and left them as soon as I got them and havenít seen anything so maybe some people just have bad luck. Mags have been and always will be a consumable/disposable part of the firearm, those who think otherwise are in the wrong

For Rmiller^^^
Old 11-22-2017, 09:45 PM   #58
esh21167
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 170974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre5G View Post
Fuckin POF MP5’s are 1200 right now. Do it. Get the POF and EVO and be sanctified.

Have y’all seen the Scorpion EVO K Kits they have put now? Holy shit. Google the pics on those. Google The Scorpion slider stocks too
Whatever you do, do not post the link for the $1200 POF...

I'm not seeing it.
esh21167 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:22 PM   #59
John A.
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 178172

Quote:
The complaint was some of them had cracking issues, itís oretty well documented but Iíve never had it happens and I have 30rnd mags that have been loaded a year and I loaded the 20 rnd mags that came with the gun and left them as soon as I got them and havenít seen anything so maybe some people just have bad luck. Mags have been and always will be a consumable/disposable part of the firearm, those who think otherwise are in the wrong
I believe that I was the first person to notice that the 20's had too much tension in my opinion.

And I also noticed that the 20's and the 30's used the same magazine spring.

I cut (I believe) 3 coils off of my 20's.

No feeding problems, and the spring doesn't compress and collapse as much when fully loaded. Obviously, that also removed some of the tension off of the feedlips too.
John A. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:11 PM   #60
sboone
MAK Attacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A. View Post
I believe that I was the first person to notice that the 20's had too much tension in my opinion.

And I also noticed that the 20's and the 30's used the same magazine spring.

I cut (I believe) 3 coils off of my 20's.

No feeding problems, and the spring doesn't compress and collapse as much when fully loaded. Obviously, that also removed some of the tension off of the feedlips too.
Interesting, I may just disassemble em as spare parts then. I never use the 20ís, they donít serve the same purpose as the shorty magazines did in the original scorpion and really donít serve much purpose in the Scorpion Evo really unless some ban state reason

For Rmiller^^^
Old 11-22-2017, 11:45 PM   #61
steveTA1983
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 180809

Quote:
Good point
steveTA1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:38 AM   #62
RelliK

Prepper has some pretty good bf deals on the scorpion with brace in black and fde.
https://gun.deals/product/prepper-gu...iday-sale-2017

Last edited by RelliK; 11-23-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:48 AM   #63
burninglegs
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Prepper has some pretty good bf deals on the scorpion with brace in black and fde.

Link?
Old 11-23-2017, 10:57 AM   #64
WinterWar

Damn these kids nowadays...Google much?

https://www.preppergunshop.com/truck...--cz-scorpion/

Take your pick

I kinda like this deal, although not on those BF deals:

https://www.preppergunshop.com/cz-sc...2rd-mags-91351

Last edited by WinterWar; 11-23-2017 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:01 AM   #65
RelliK

whooops, went back and added the ad link.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:03 AM   #66
Disburse-Now
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 79142

Last night I ordered two of the CZ USA 30 rounders. The Prepper 32 round mag will be next on my order list. I don't as yet own a Scorpion Evo. Whether I eventually acquire one or not I will have a supply of mags.
I actually have my eye on the Taurus CT9 G2 which is a 10 round magazine military carbine that Taurus imported but is now discontinued. The trigger at stock is said to be better than the Beretta CX Carbine or the Evo and the CT9 is made primarily of aluminum and steel with polymer stock and hand guard over a free float barrel.
The down side - the rear stock, which is fixed and one would have to do some creative fixes to fix it. Or just like it as it is. The CT9 is a Brazilian military 9mm sub gun neutered to semi-auto so its internals are full auto bolt etc. . The other down side is the 10 round mag. The up side the carbine is very accurate, good trigger, and very rugged. Just throwing that out there for the info. That is one I am considering even before picking up an EVO.
Disburse-Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:15 AM   #67
burninglegs
Curio & Relic

Quote:
whooops, went back and added the ad link.
Thank you. I searched on Prepper and didn't see any amazing deals, but that link helped. I see the deal now. I'm having a hard time figuring out if their Black Friday deals already went live or if it goes live at a certain time tomorrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWar View Post
Damn these kids nowadays...Google much?

https://www.preppergunshop.com/truck...--cz-scorpion/

Take your pick

I kinda like this deal, although not on those BF deals:

https://www.preppergunshop.com/cz-sc...2rd-mags-91351

I did that but I didn't see any amazing deals. The updated post by RelliK shows the BF deals. Looks much better.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:23 AM   #68
burninglegs
Curio & Relic

Are these Prepper 32 round mags you guys are talking about the ones made by Manticore? If so, I have read a few reviews that would make me rather stick with the CZ factory ones.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:25 AM   #69
Sabre5G
The Mouth of Sauron

AKaholic #: 181719

Here is that POF link
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0

Buy one and shoot the shit out of it.

--Originally posted by Nofreetimeó
ďPTRís are obsolete Fudd Sticks.Ē
Sabre5G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:37 AM   #70
WinterWar

Quote:

I did that but I didn't see any amazing deals. The updated post by RelliK shows the BF deals. Looks much better.
Yes you are right. My smart ass answer with the link was just normal deals. Although like i posted I kinda liked the one with the brace and couple of mags for 839. Still the folder for 849 at Rellik links is also quite tempting.