Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Handgun Forums > General Handgun Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2017, 07:28 AM   #561
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 176461
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,223
Default

Still the fact is there is NO striker fired 9mm, 15rd capacity gun out there the same size as the G19. Plenty of people try but fail. Lol

My favorite as the people that say they hate Glocks and then buy a Glock clone. Lmao
Stopsign32v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:21 PM   #562
AKita
Member
 
AKaholic #: 172169
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: South Coast
Posts: 124
Default

Are you suggesting that Walther, HK, FN, Sig, CZ, Beretta and others stop trying to make more refined & useful better striker fired polymer pistols just because you said they fail to match your favorite brand firearm?
AKita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:34 PM   #563
BigBlue&Goldie
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 189021
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
Still the fact is there is NO striker fired 9mm, 15rd capacity gun out there the same size as the G19. Plenty of people try but fail. Lol

My favorite as the people that say they hate Glocks and then buy a Glock clone. Lmao
Who cares, the difference is immaterial........and I own 9 Glocks.
BigBlue&Goldie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:16 AM   #564
VALMET_M76
Curio & Relic
 
VALMET_M76's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 90
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 7,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninglegs View Post
Ok only Grabagun and PSA had the Black Friday deal on the VP9. Wouldn't consider that as the market blowing these out the door.
CDNN was "blowing them out the door" as well.

The VP9 pretty much got a death kiss when it was revealed that it is a CONSUMER GRADE H&K (not duty grade) and that you better not drop one in the dirt.
VALMET_M76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:58 AM   #565
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 176461
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue&Goldie View Post
Who cares, the difference is immaterial....
Ummmm people

That is why you see comparisons
Stopsign32v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:38 PM   #566
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
 
Sublimeon24s's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 157162
Join Date: May 2011
Location: bed with two bi girls
Posts: 5,073
Default

Ima buy one of these just so I can say I had a CZ and get some AK Files handgun sub section street cred
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jliu123 View Post
What can you say about?
Sublimeon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:20 PM   #567
Corpsie
^^e0w~
 
Corpsie's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 168814
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 2,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimeon24s View Post
Ima buy one of these just so I can say I had a CZ and get some AK Files handgun sub section street cred
And then we'll let you know the secret handshake
Corpsie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:29 PM   #568
Mikelawtown
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 179935
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,183
Default

CZ said the P10c's are being delivered State Side early this week-mid week so I'm hoping to get mine next week
Mikelawtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:40 PM   #569
W00F545
Member
 
AKaholic #: 191889
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Cripple Creek
Posts: 349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKita View Post
Are you suggesting that Walther, HK, FN, Sig, CZ, Beretta and others stop trying to make more refined & useful better striker fired polymer pistols just because you said they fail to match your favorite brand firearm?
I consider the 1911 the handgun of the 19th century and the glock the handgun of the 20th century. Did anyone ever really improve the 1911? I don't consider the p35 a improvement. No I don't consider the sacrifice of the trigger for capacity a improvement at all. There come breakthroughs then design periods where there is a lack of innovation. There well may be aspects of the pistols you mention that individuals will find to their liking over the glock. Of course they are going to try and may even succeed-but nothing to the extent of a pivotal breakthrough. I recently purchased 10 g19 pmags for about $110 shipped. For me that alone is a significant reason to stick with perfection.

Why learn a new tool when the old one has no defects? I would agree it is certainly pleasurable to take a new model out for a run but...

Where does innovation come from? How is it Gaston woke one morning with an idea that had very little relation to the handguns in existence then? The originality of the design is matched only by its incredible robustness.

Really the thing that sells all those other guns is peoples need to be different. It started with the XD series than over and over and over. What a puzzling human characteristic.

PS. CZ makes nice stuff.

Last edited by W00F545; 04-26-2017 at 05:50 PM.
W00F545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:36 PM   #570
AKita
Member
 
AKaholic #: 172169
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: South Coast
Posts: 124
Default

"glock guys are starting to sound like 1911 guys that spoke against glock years ago" - but now they are not ready for another period of transition.
AKita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:37 PM   #571
AKita
Member
 
AKaholic #: 172169
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: South Coast
Posts: 124
Default

Look what just arrived.... Shipping to dealers today and tomorrow, more hitting us before the weekend!-CZUSAFIREARMS
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTXKSldB43x/?hl=en
AKita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:04 AM   #572
Cowboys1
Veteran Member
 
Cowboys1's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 188774
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Hurst, Texas
Posts: 1,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKita View Post
Look what just arrived.... Shipping to dealers today and tomorrow, more hitting us before the weekend!-CZUSAFIREARMS
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTXKSldB43x/?hl=en
Bout time! I'm gonna wait for a little bit but once people have them and we find out if there's any major issues I will get that FDE 10c. I really doubt it will disappoint. CZ is fantastic. My p-01 impresses me everytime I shoot it and so does my CZ clone the EAA witness polymer.
Cowboys1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:59 AM   #573
Jon2523
Member
 
AKaholic #: 183980
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Orange, Virginia
Posts: 274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
Lol nothing at all is NEEDED to be done to a Glock. It is just fine the way it comes. You spent $100 in aftermarket parts to personalize it to your liking or modify it to mask your lack of skills at shooting. Pick one
You are cracking me up in this thread ahahaha. I've read all your posts and I'm quite convinced you are a Glock salesman. Your love affair with Glock is impressive and I enjoy reading your posts. I would liken you to the woman that supported Obama and when he got elected she believed in him so much that she was convinced she wouldn't have to pay for anything anymore. Her devotion to him was unmatched much like yours to Glock is unmatched. It truly is impressive. You're even willing to tell people that you don't even know that they suck at shooting because they modified their Glock.

I will continue to enjoy this thread and your posts. Thank you.
Jon2523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:05 AM   #574
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 176461
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon2523 View Post
You are cracking me up in this thread ahahaha. I've read all your posts and I'm quite convinced you are a Glock salesman. Your love affair with Glock is impressive and I enjoy reading your posts. I would liken you to the woman that supported Obama and when he got elected she believed in him so much that she was convinced she wouldn't have to pay for anything anymore. Her devotion to him was unmatched much like yours to Glock is unmatched. It truly is impressive. You're even willing to tell people that you don't even know that they suck at shooting because they modified their Glock.

I will continue to enjoy this thread and your posts. Thank you.
Not really, I have more CZs than Glocks. Also more S&Ws. Other pistols are HK, Sig, and Kahr in my rotation.

I give credit where it is due. Glock speaks for itself
Stopsign32v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:09 AM   #575
Jon2523
Member
 
AKaholic #: 183980
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Orange, Virginia
Posts: 274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
Not really, I have more CZs than Glocks. Also more S&Ws. Other pistols are HK, Sig, and Kahr in my rotation.

I give credit where it is due. I speak for Glock
Fixed that for you. You're a darn good salesman. I will certainly give you that, although I typically don't see salesmen putting someone down when they are trying to make a sale but whatever.
Jon2523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:21 AM   #576
W00F545
Member
 
AKaholic #: 191889
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Cripple Creek
Posts: 349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon2523 View Post
You are cracking me up in this thread ahahaha. I've read all your posts and I'm quite convinced you are a Glock salesman. Your love affair with Glock is impressive and I enjoy reading your posts. I would liken you to the woman that supported Obama and when he got elected she believed in him so much that she was convinced she wouldn't have to pay for anything anymore. Her devotion to him was unmatched much like yours to Glock is unmatched. It truly is impressive. You're even willing to tell people that you don't even know that they suck at shooting because they modified their Glock.

I will continue to enjoy this thread and your posts. Thank you.

Would someone who strongly believed in the inherent superiority of another firearm, and supported their reasoning with logic, say, I dunno, Ill pick randomly, the AK series also be "likened" to an Obama supporter in your book or is it just those who prefer firearms other than your own?

How the support for innovative and proven superior design can be compared to support for a failure is beyond me.

Last edited by W00F545; 04-27-2017 at 10:36 AM.
W00F545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:26 AM   #577
W00F545
Member
 
AKaholic #: 191889
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Cripple Creek
Posts: 349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKita View Post
"glock guys are starting to sound like 1911 guys that spoke against glock years ago" - but now they are not ready for another period of transition.
Well I was one of those. After Chuck Taylor put 100,000 rounds through a 17 we came around. CZ makes good stuff. Put 100,000 rounds through the current glock copycat that you favor. When pmag sells $12 mags for it Ill give it a try if it runs that 100,000 without cleaning. Still miss my STIs once in a while.

Last edited by W00F545; 04-27-2017 at 10:37 AM.
W00F545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:12 AM   #578
Jon2523
Member
 
AKaholic #: 183980
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Orange, Virginia
Posts: 274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W00F545 View Post
Would someone who strongly believed in the inherent superiority of another firearm, and supported their reasoning with logic, say, I dunno, Ill pick randomly, the AK series also be "likened" to an Obama supporter in your book or is it just those who prefer firearms other than your own?

How the support for innovative and proven superior design can be compared to support for a failure is beyond me.
Inherent superiority? The AK can have all sorts of issues and does. The Glock can and does have all sorts of issues. Claiming superiority is laughable to me. I love Glocks as they are a fantastic brand and have great qualities all around and the ability to modify them is fantastic, but superiority doesn't come into it and the same goes for the AK vs the AR. The G19 may be superior to one person and inferior to another. I have buddies that carry Glocks and have issues with them and I am 15000 rounds into my XD9 Service and have had none. My XD9 is ever so marginally larger than a G19, carries one more round, fits my hand better, and points better for me. That pistol just runs for me and works for me. It's superior than the G19 for me.

My entire point to Stopsign32v was really just trolling him lol. He loves all sorts of pistols, so I'm really just busting his balls. In all honesty this entire discussion is so idiotic it's funny. Claiming the G19 is superior to my XD9 because it's ever so slightly smaller is laughable. My XD9 will run with a Glock all day long and from my view has kept running when my buddies Glocks haven't. Does that make my XD9 superior? NOPE! Superior overall is the silly argument. Superior to the specific user is another story.

The joke in this entire thread is people arguing that such minuscule differences in size somehow makes one pistol superior to another. I am 5'8 160lbs and I carry an XD9 service with two extra mags in a t-shirt and shorts. In the same outfit I can wear a G19 and two extra mags and the result will be the same (no printing).

What makes me laugh the most is people talking about superiority when it comes to proven brands. I get the superiority talk if you are talking about some crappy brand like Hi Point or an on off brand like Taurus when comparing to a well seasoned brand like Glock, CZ, Springfield, etc, but when talking about brands that have proven the test of time and millions of rounds with only little bumps along the way you start to look really silly.

Is it reliable? Does it point better than the other pistols you've tried? Does it shoot straighter for you than the other pistols you've tried? Does it fit your hand better than the other pistols you've tried? Can you conceal it just as well as the other pistols you've tried? Can you fight with it? Yes to all of those? That's a superior pistol compared to the rest you've tried.
Jon2523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:24 PM   #579
W00F545
Member
 
AKaholic #: 191889
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Cripple Creek
Posts: 349
Default

"My entire point to Stopsign32v was really just trolling him lol. He loves all sorts of pistols, so I'm really just busting his balls."

I see. I didnt realize it was a dialouge between friends giving each other "shi*".

" I am 15000 rounds into my XD9 Service and have had none."
"I carry an XD9 service with two extra mags in a t-shirt and shorts."
"My XD9 will run with a Glock all day long and from my view has kept running when my buddies Glocks haven't."

They ought to engrave "I hate glocks" on a XD special edition. Or would that be too gauche putting its whole reason for existance right out in the open? What is that funny button thing on the web of the grip? You know I think one of the great things about striker fired guns is that if you grab a slightly off grip it doesnt blow the whole deal because you cant get the safety off.

I bet you owned a Sigma too?

When you stray from perfection to keep from getting sued over patent it means you have to intentionally F*** up some aspect of perfection.

"Is it reliable? Does it point better than the other pistols you've tried? Does it shoot straighter for you than the other pistols you've tried? Does it fit your hand better than the other pistols you've tried? Can you conceal it just as well as the other pistols you've tried? Can you fight with it? Yes to all of those? That's a superior pistol compared to the rest you've tried.
Today 10:26 AM"

This actually makes sense to me. Then just engrave "I am a very special individual and glocks suck" on it and you will have perfection. Omost. Because its not a Glock.
W00F545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:33 PM   #580
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 176461
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W00F545 View Post
"My entire point to Stopsign32v was really just trolling him lol. He loves all sorts of pistols, so I'm really just busting his balls."

I see. I didnt realize it was a dialouge between friends giving each other "shi*".
I don't even know who the fucker is
Stopsign32v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:45 AM   #581
Jon2523
Member
 
AKaholic #: 183980
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Orange, Virginia
Posts: 274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W00F545 View Post
"My entire point to Stopsign32v was really just trolling him lol. He loves all sorts of pistols, so I'm really just busting his balls."

I see. I didnt realize it was a dialouge between friends giving each other "shi*".

" I am 15000 rounds into my XD9 Service and have had none."
"I carry an XD9 service with two extra mags in a t-shirt and shorts."
"My XD9 will run with a Glock all day long and from my view has kept running when my buddies Glocks haven't."

They ought to engrave "I hate glocks" on a XD special edition. Or would that be too gauche putting its whole reason for existance right out in the open? What is that funny button thing on the web of the grip? You know I think one of the great things about striker fired guns is that if you grab a slightly off grip it doesnt blow the whole deal because you cant get the safety off.

I bet you owned a Sigma too?

When you stray from perfection to keep from getting sued over patent it means you have to intentionally F*** up some aspect of perfection.

"Is it reliable? Does it point better than the other pistols you've tried? Does it shoot straighter for you than the other pistols you've tried? Does it fit your hand better than the other pistols you've tried? Can you conceal it just as well as the other pistols you've tried? Can you fight with it? Yes to all of those? That's a superior pistol compared to the rest you've tried.
Today 10:26 AM"

This actually makes sense to me. Then just engrave "I am a very special individual and glocks suck" on it and you will have perfection. Omost. Because its not a Glock.
On the matter of the grip safety, I don't need a perfect purchase on the weapon to fire, but it's cool you think otherwise. Funny thing is I haven't claimed any specific pistol is perfection because perfection is 100% subjective to the user, but you guys keep claiming your Glocks are perfection based purely on subjectivity which is really funny to me.

This really is a silly argument, so I will bow out. I do enjoy talking to Glock salesmen though. You guys do a great job.
Jon2523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:46 AM   #582
Jon2523
Member
 
AKaholic #: 183980
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Orange, Virginia
Posts: 274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
I don't even know who the fucker is
Yep I don't know you from Adam. I do know you love Glocks though and that's fantastic as they are fantastic pistols.
Jon2523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:16 AM   #583
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 176461
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon2523 View Post
Yep I don't know you from Adam. I do know you love Glocks though and that's fantastic as they are fantastic pistols.
You seem passive aggressive butt hurt that you don't own a Glock. It's ok bro, I was there in your shoes before as well. It gets much better once you get one.
Stopsign32v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:20 AM   #584
Jon2523
Member
 
AKaholic #: 183980
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Orange, Virginia
Posts: 274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
You seem passive aggressive butt hurt that you don't own a Glock. It's ok bro, I was there in your shoes before as well. It gets much better once you get one.
I actually do love Glocks. They don't fit my hand as well as my XD and don't point as well for me, but they really are a great pistol. I'm just having a good time in here. No passive aggressiveness or butt hurtness at all.
Jon2523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:57 AM   #585
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 176461
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon2523 View Post
I actually do love Glocks. They don't fit my hand as well as my XD and don't point as well for me, but they really are a great pistol. I'm just having a good time in here. No passive aggressiveness or butt hurtness at all.
If you gripped your XD where you should it wouldn't feel as strange transitioning to another pistol.
Stopsign32v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:30 PM   #586
Jon2523
Member
 
AKaholic #: 183980
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Orange, Virginia
Posts: 274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
If you gripped your XD where you should it wouldn't feel as strange transitioning to another pistol.
I grip each pistol the same way regardless of the make.
Jon2523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:23 PM   #587
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 176461
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon2523 View Post
I grip each pistol the same way regardless of the make.
Stopsign32v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:23 PM   #588
Jon2523
Member
 
AKaholic #: 183980
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Orange, Virginia
Posts: 274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
I gave you an easy pitch to knock a "that's what she said" right outta the park and that's what you came up with? Sub par bro.
Jon2523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:41 PM   #589
jb1911
Member
 
jb1911's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 175875
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Dyer, IN 46311
Posts: 498
Default

Can we get back to talking about the CZ P10c?
__________________
ad mortem tyranni
jb1911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:17 PM   #590
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 176461
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon2523 View Post
I gave you an easy pitch to knock a "that's what she said" right outta the park and that's what you came up with? Sub par bro.
Excuse me for not being 17 years old
Stopsign32v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:18 PM   #591
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 176461
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1911 View Post
Can we get back to talking about the CZ P10c?
Sure, do you have one? No? Shut up
Stopsign32v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:44 PM   #592
echo-76
Member
 
echo-76's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 161941
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wylie, Texas
Posts: 499
Default

What's the upcharge on the FDE model vs. all black?
echo-76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:09 PM   #593
Fire4Effect
Tap, rack, bang
 
Fire4Effect's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 181925
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,053
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo-76 View Post
What's the upcharge on the FDE model vs. all black?
Operator tax. Everybody knows firearms in FDE reduces drag, dynamic entry times, MOA, and have been battle proven in the middle east.

What a casual.
__________________
USMC 0311 2001 - 2005
Fire4Effect is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:19 PM   #594
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 176461
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo-76 View Post
What's the upcharge on the FDE model vs. all black?
You better have your operator license scanned into them before purchasing the FDE or they will reject your purchase.
Stopsign32v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:11 PM   #595
Corpsie
^^e0w~
 
Corpsie's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 168814
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 2,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo-76 View Post
What's the upcharge on the FDE model vs. all black?
FDE lives matter more apparently
Corpsie is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2017 The AK FIles