Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Handgun Forums > General Handgun Discussion

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 07:28 AM   #561
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 176461

Still the fact is there is NO striker fired 9mm, 15rd capacity gun out there the same size as the G19. Plenty of people try but fail. Lol

My favorite as the people that say they hate Glocks and then buy a Glock clone. Lmao
Stopsign32v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:21 PM   #562
AKita

AKaholic #: 172169

Are you suggesting that Walther, HK, FN, Sig, CZ, Beretta and others stop trying to make more refined & useful better striker fired polymer pistols just because you said they fail to match your favorite brand firearm?
AKita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:34 PM   #563
BigBlue&Goldie

AKaholic #: 189021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
Still the fact is there is NO striker fired 9mm, 15rd capacity gun out there the same size as the G19. Plenty of people try but fail. Lol

My favorite as the people that say they hate Glocks and then buy a Glock clone. Lmao
Who cares, the difference is immaterial........and I own 9 Glocks.
BigBlue&Goldie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:16 AM   #564
VALMET_M76
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninglegs View Post
Ok only Grabagun and PSA had the Black Friday deal on the VP9. Wouldn't consider that as the market blowing these out the door.
CDNN was "blowing them out the door" as well.

The VP9 pretty much got a death kiss when it was revealed that it is a CONSUMER GRADE H&K (not duty grade) and that you better not drop one in the dirt.
VALMET_M76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:58 AM   #565
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue&Goldie View Post
Who cares, the difference is immaterial....
Ummmm people

That is why you see comparisons
Old 04-24-2017, 07:38 PM   #566
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -

AKaholic #: 157162

Ima buy one of these just so I can say I had a CZ and get some AK Files handgun sub section street cred
Sublimeon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:20 PM   #567
Corpsie
^^e0w~

AKaholic #: 168814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimeon24s View Post
Ima buy one of these just so I can say I had a CZ and get some AK Files handgun sub section street cred
And then we'll let you know the secret handshake
Corpsie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:29 PM   #568
Mikelawtown
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 179935

CZ said the P10c's are being delivered State Side early this week-mid week so I'm hoping to get mine next week
Mikelawtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:40 PM   #569
W00F545

AKaholic #: 191889

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKita View Post
Are you suggesting that Walther, HK, FN, Sig, CZ, Beretta and others stop trying to make more refined & useful better striker fired polymer pistols just because you said they fail to match your favorite brand firearm?
I consider the 1911 the handgun of the 19th century and the glock the handgun of the 20th century. Did anyone ever really improve the 1911? I don't consider the p35 a improvement. No I don't consider the sacrifice of the trigger for capacity a improvement at all. There come breakthroughs then design periods where there is a lack of innovation. There well may be aspects of the pistols you mention that individuals will find to their liking over the glock. Of course they are going to try and may even succeed-but nothing to the extent of a pivotal breakthrough. I recently purchased 10 g19 pmags for about $110 shipped. For me that alone is a significant reason to stick with perfection.

Why learn a new tool when the old one has no defects? I would agree it is certainly pleasurable to take a new model out for a run but...

Where does innovation come from? How is it Gaston woke one morning with an idea that had very little relation to the handguns in existence then? The originality of the design is matched only by its incredible robustness.

Really the thing that sells all those other guns is peoples need to be different. It started with the XD series than over and over and over. What a puzzling human characteristic.

PS. CZ makes nice stuff.

Last edited by W00F545; 04-26-2017 at 05:50 PM.
W00F545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:36 PM   #570
AKita

"glock guys are starting to sound like 1911 guys that spoke against glock years ago" - but now they are not ready for another period of transition.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:37 PM   #571
AKita

Look what just arrived.... Shipping to dealers today and tomorrow, more hitting us before the weekend!-CZUSAFIREARMS
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTXKSldB43x/?hl=en
Old 04-27-2017, 02:04 AM   #572
Cowboys1
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 188774

Quote:
Look what just arrived.... Shipping to dealers today and tomorrow, more hitting us before the weekend!-CZUSAFIREARMS
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTXKSldB43x/?hl=en
Bout time! I'm gonna wait for a little bit but once people have them and we find out if there's any major issues I will get that FDE 10c. I really doubt it will disappoint. CZ is fantastic. My p-01 impresses me everytime I shoot it and so does my CZ clone the EAA witness polymer.
Cowboys1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:59 AM   #573
Jon2523

AKaholic #: 183980

Quote:
Lol nothing at all is NEEDED to be done to a Glock. It is just fine the way it comes. You spent $100 in aftermarket parts to personalize it to your liking or modify it to mask your lack of skills at shooting. Pick one
You are cracking me up in this thread ahahaha. I've read all your posts and I'm quite convinced you are a Glock salesman. Your love affair with Glock is impressive and I enjoy reading your posts. I would liken you to the woman that supported Obama and when he got elected she believed in him so much that she was convinced she wouldn't have to pay for anything anymore. Her devotion to him was unmatched much like yours to Glock is unmatched. It truly is impressive. You're even willing to tell people that you don't even know that they suck at shooting because they modified their Glock.

I will continue to enjoy this thread and your posts. Thank you.
Jon2523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:05 AM   #574
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon2523 View Post
You are cracking me up in this thread ahahaha. I've read all your posts and I'm quite convinced you are a Glock salesman. Your love affair with Glock is impressive and I enjoy reading your posts. I would liken you to the woman that supported Obama and when he got elected she believed in him so much that she was convinced she wouldn't have to pay for anything anymore. Her devotion to him was unmatched much like yours to Glock is unmatched. It truly is impressive. You're even willing to tell people that you don't even know that they suck at shooting because they modified their Glock.

Not really, I have more CZs than Glocks. Also more S&Ws. Other pistols are HK, Sig, and Kahr in my rotation.

I give credit where it is due. Glock speaks for itself
Old 04-27-2017, 09:09 AM   #575
Jon2523

Quote:
Not really, I have more CZs than Glocks. Also more S&Ws. Other pistols are HK, Sig, and Kahr in my rotation.

I give credit where it is due. I speak for Glock
Fixed that for you. You're a darn good salesman. I will certainly give you that, although I typically don't see salesmen putting someone down when they are trying to make a sale but whatever.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:21 AM   #576
W00F545

Quote:

Would someone who strongly believed in the inherent superiority of another firearm, and supported their reasoning with logic, say, I dunno, Ill pick randomly, the AK series also be "likened" to an Obama supporter in your book or is it just those who prefer firearms other than your own?

How the support for innovative and proven superior design can be compared to support for a failure is beyond me.

Last edited by W00F545; 04-27-2017 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:26 AM   #577
W00F545

Quote:
"glock guys are starting to sound like 1911 guys that spoke against glock years ago" - but now they are not ready for another period of transition.
Well I was one of those. After Chuck Taylor put 100,000 rounds through a 17 we came around. CZ makes good stuff. Put 100,000 rounds through the current glock copycat that you favor. When pmag sells $12 mags for it Ill give it a try if it runs that 100,000 without cleaning. Still miss my STIs once in a while.

Last edited by W00F545; 04-27-2017 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:12 AM   #578
Jon2523

Quote:
Originally Posted by W00F545 View Post
Would someone who strongly believed in the inherent superiority of another firearm, and supported their reasoning with logic, say, I dunno, Ill pick randomly, the AK series also be "likened" to an Obama supporter in your book or is it just those who prefer firearms other than your own?

How the support for innovative and proven superior design can be compared to support for a failure is beyond me.
Inherent superiority? The AK can have all sorts of issues and does. The Glock can and does have all sorts of issues. Claiming superiority is laughable to me. I love Glocks as they are a fantastic brand and have great qualities all around and the ability to modify them is fantastic, but superiority doesn't come into it and the same goes for the AK vs the AR. The G19 may be superior to one person and inferior to another. I have buddies that carry Glocks and have issues with them and I am 15000 rounds into my XD9 Service and have had none. My XD9 is ever so marginally larger than a G19, carries one more round, fits my hand better, and points better for me. That pistol just runs for me and works for me. It's superior than the G19 for me.

My entire point to Stopsign32v was really just trolling him lol. He loves all sorts of pistols, so I'm really just busting his balls. In all honesty this entire discussion is so idiotic it's funny. Claiming the G19 is superior to my XD9 because it's ever so slightly smaller is laughable. My XD9 will run with a Glock all day long and from my view has kept running when my buddies Glocks haven't. Does that make my XD9 superior? NOPE! Superior overall is the silly argument. Superior to the specific user is another story.

The joke in this entire thread is people arguing that such minuscule differences in size somehow makes one pistol superior to another. I am 5'8 160lbs and I carry an XD9 service with two extra mags in a t-shirt and shorts. In the same outfit I can wear a G19 and two extra mags and the result will be the same (no printing).

What makes me laugh the most is people talking about superiority when it comes to proven brands. I get the superiority talk if you are talking about some crappy brand like Hi Point or an on off brand like Taurus when comparing to a well seasoned brand like Glock, CZ, Springfield, etc, but when talking about brands that have proven the test of time and millions of rounds with only little bumps along the way you start to look really silly.

Is it reliable? Does it point better than the other pistols you've tried? Does it shoot straighter for you than the other pistols you've tried? Does it fit your hand better than the other pistols you've tried? Can you conceal it just as well as the other pistols you've tried? Can you fight with it? Yes to all of those? That's a superior pistol compared to the rest you've tried.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:24 PM   #579
W00F545

"My entire point to Stopsign32v was really just trolling him lol. He loves all sorts of pistols, so I'm really just busting his balls."

I see. I didnt realize it was a dialouge between friends giving each other "shi*".

" I am 15000 rounds into my XD9 Service and have had none."
"I carry an XD9 service with two extra mags in a t-shirt and shorts."
"My XD9 will run with a Glock all day long and from my view has kept running when my buddies Glocks haven't."

They ought to engrave "I hate glocks" on a XD special edition. Or would that be too gauche putting its whole reason for existance right out in the open? What is that funny button thing on the web of the grip? You know I think one of the great things about striker fired guns is that if you grab a slightly off grip it doesnt blow the whole deal because you cant get the safety off.

I bet you owned a Sigma too?

When you stray from perfection to keep from getting sued over patent it means you have to intentionally F*** up some aspect of perfection.

"Is it reliable? Does it point better than the other pistols you've tried? Does it shoot straighter for you than the other pistols you've tried? Does it fit your hand better than the other pistols you've tried? Can you conceal it just as well as the other pistols you've tried? Can you fight with it? Yes to all of those? That's a superior pistol compared to the rest you've tried.
Today 10:26 AM"

This actually makes sense to me. Then just engrave "I am a very special individual and glocks suck" on it and you will have perfection. Omost. Because its not a Glock.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:33 PM   #580
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
"My entire point to Stopsign32v was really just trolling him lol. He loves all sorts of pistols, so I'm really just busting his balls."

I see. I didnt realize it was a dialouge between friends giving each other "shi*".
I don't even know who the fucker is
Old 05-01-2017, 09:45 AM   #581
Jon2523

Quote:

" I am 15000 rounds into my XD9 Service and have had none."
"I carry an XD9 service with two extra mags in a t-shirt and shorts."
"My XD9 will run with a Glock all day long and from my view has kept running when my buddies Glocks haven't."

They ought to engrave "I hate glocks" on a XD special edition. Or would that be too gauche putting its whole reason for existance right out in the open? What is that funny button thing on the web of the grip? You know I think one of the great things about striker fired guns is that if you grab a slightly off grip it doesnt blow the whole deal because you cant get the safety off.

I bet you owned a Sigma too?

When you stray from perfection to keep from getting sued over patent it means you have to intentionally F*** up some aspect of perfection.

"Is it reliable? Does it point better than the other pistols you've tried? Does it shoot straighter for you than the other pistols you've tried? Does it fit your hand better than the other pistols you've tried? Can you conceal it just as well as the other pistols you've tried? Can you fight with it? Yes to all of those? That's a superior pistol compared to the rest you've tried.
Today 10:26 AM"

This actually makes sense to me. Then just engrave "I am a very special individual and glocks suck" on it and you will have perfection. Omost. Because its not a Glock.
On the matter of the grip safety, I don't need a perfect purchase on the weapon to fire, but it's cool you think otherwise. Funny thing is I haven't claimed any specific pistol is perfection because perfection is 100% subjective to the user, but you guys keep claiming your Glocks are perfection based purely on subjectivity which is really funny to me.

This really is a silly argument, so I will bow out. I do enjoy talking to Glock salesmen though. You guys do a great job.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:46 AM   #582
Jon2523

Quote:
I don't even know who the fucker is
Yep I don't know you from Adam. I do know you love Glocks though and that's fantastic as they are fantastic pistols.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:16 AM   #583
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Yep I don't know you from Adam. I do know you love Glocks though and that's fantastic as they are fantastic pistols.
You seem passive aggressive butt hurt that you don't own a Glock. It's ok bro, I was there in your shoes before as well. It gets much better once you get one.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:20 AM   #584
Jon2523

Quote:
You seem passive aggressive butt hurt that you don't own a Glock. It's ok bro, I was there in your shoes before as well. It gets much better once you get one.
I actually do love Glocks. They don't fit my hand as well as my XD and don't point as well for me, but they really are a great pistol. I'm just having a good time in here. No passive aggressiveness or butt hurtness at all.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:57 AM   #585
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
I actually do love Glocks. They don't fit my hand as well as my XD and don't point as well for me, but they really are a great pistol. I'm just having a good time in here. No passive aggressiveness or butt hurtness at all.
If you gripped your XD where you should it wouldn't feel as strange transitioning to another pistol.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:30 PM   #586
Jon2523

Quote:
If you gripped your XD where you should it wouldn't feel as strange transitioning to another pistol.
I grip each pistol the same way regardless of the make.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:23 PM   #587
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
I grip each pistol the same way regardless of the make.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:23 PM   #588
Jon2523

Quote:
I gave you an easy pitch to knock a "that's what she said" right outta the park and that's what you came up with? Sub par bro.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:41 PM   #589
jb1911

AKaholic #: 175875

Can we get back to talking about the CZ P10c?
Old 05-01-2017, 03:17 PM   #590
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
I gave you an easy pitch to knock a "that's what she said" right outta the park and that's what you came up with? Sub par bro.
Excuse me for not being 17 years old
Old 05-01-2017, 03:18 PM   #591
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1911 View Post
Can we get back to talking about the CZ P10c?
Sure, do you have one? No? Shut up
Old 05-01-2017, 05:44 PM   #592
echo-76

AKaholic #: 161941

What's the upcharge on the FDE model vs. all black?
echo-76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:09 PM   #593
Fire4Effect
Tap, rack, bang

AKaholic #: 181925

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo-76 View Post
Operator tax. Everybody knows firearms in FDE reduces drag, dynamic entry times, MOA, and have been battle proven in the middle east.

What a casual.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:19 PM   #594
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
You better have your operator license scanned into them before purchasing the FDE or they will reject your purchase.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:11 PM   #595
Corpsie
^^e0w~

AKaholic #: 168814

Quote:
FDE lives matter more apparently
Corpsie is online now   Reply With Quote