Notices

Old 03-14-2019, 05:45 PM   #421
TangoUniform
за мой Автомат Калашникова
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 167175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewehr44 View Post
My KP-9 from Impact guns finally arrived. Here are some detailed pictures. Some spots on the finish are marred either from someone with a punch (carrier) or the lower heat shield (RSB). The only part with a serial is the receiver, nothing else has a serial.

The magazines are lacking a witness hole unlike the originals.

https://imgur.com/a/PL8MKH3
What is up with the barrel pin??

Looks like it didn't get pushed all the way in and it has a rounded nub on it??

Это моя винтовка. Существует много, таких как она, но эта единственная моя!
TangoUniform is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:52 PM   #422
Known

AKaholic #: 198112

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
Not approved yet and the KR9ís barrel will be longer than 9.25 inches.
Right. Ideally it would be the same length once barrel is cut.
Known is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:19 PM   #423
chknfkr
Low balling stupid BASTARD

AKaholic #: 172241

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoUniform View Post
What is up with the barrel pin??

Looks like it didn't get pushed all the way in and it has a rounded nub on it??

The triangle stock latches onto the barrel pin when folded.

The MANY uses of an AK cleaning kit and rod

Кучка ē Булка ē Курва ē Зараза
chknfkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:46 PM   #424
giantpune
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 188807

Quote:
Originally Posted by chknfkr View Post
The triangle stock latches onto the barrel pin when folded.
Better be careful. Shit goes down and you pick up your gun to spring into action. Then you yank the stock open so hard the barrel pin comes out with it.
giantpune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:24 PM   #425
ddnc
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 174853

Quote:
Originally Posted by Known View Post
Right. Ideally it would be the same length once barrel is cut.
No, I meant when SBRed, the KR9 barrel length will be 10.5 inches instead of 9.25. Different muzzle device and probably different thread pattern.
ddnc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:38 PM   #426
dtownmj

AKaholic #: 182634

Quote:
Rifles available at Atlantic, go get em.
i wonder if Atlantic's batch is early batch with the top cover issue
dtownmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:40 PM   #427
dakotastomm
07/02 FFL
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 182483

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydo View Post
Looks like after a longer wait than expected, I should be getting the KP-9 sometime next week. I spoke to Dakota, and the serial number for mine isn't very far off from his at all. Mine is 116*. Ours is no more than 30 units apart. So if it's a batch issue, we'll probably find out soon enough.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the loose bc retaining pins that were causing him an issue. If this was causing the bc to jump off the rails, like someone else that had the same issue stated it did, I'm thinking that could have caused the bc to slam into the top cover. Idk. Just an idea.
One of these days we will have to get together and go shooting lol.

As for the pin issues, those were just keeping the carrier from coming out of the receiver. I resolved this by slightly bending the pins to give them a nice tight fit

And for those that care, fedex delivered the rifle back to them(kusa) yesterday about 3:30 pm. I got a shipping. Notification from kusa at about 4:30 pm today that shows a Saturday delivery. So theyre spot on with the guaranteed 48 hours or less turn around time on RMA work (not counting transit too and fro)

Last edited by dakotastomm; 03-14-2019 at 09:16 PM.
dakotastomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:55 PM   #428
Bow2no1

AKaholic #: 197785

They only had 2.. I tried to get one. They're stupid checkout kept saying they didn't have sufficient stock.
Yet everyone else said they could add it to the cart no problem. ... Really kinda annoyed right now!
Bow2no1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:55 PM   #429
Known

AKaholic #: 198112

Quote:
No, I meant when SBRed, the KR9 barrel length will be 10.5 inches instead of 9.25. Different muzzle device and probably different thread pattern.
Cool. I'd be using the traditional muzzle device from the pistol and identical thread pitch once the barrel is cut down post stamp approval. So it shouldn't be that much different from the pistol or factory SBR I'd think. The distance measured wouldn't take into account the unpinned muzzle device anyways.
Known is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:18 PM   #430
Erreertt

AKaholic #: 199367

Erreertt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:29 PM   #431
ddnc
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erreertt View Post

Was wondering when youíd get around to showing up here.
Question. You have got to have close to 1k rounds down the pipe. Aside from the FP retaining pin any other issues.? What about you top cover condition? GTG and signs of cracking?
Thanks
Old 03-14-2019, 11:55 PM   #432
Erreertt

Quote:
Was wondering when youíd get around to showing up here.
Question. You have got to have close to 1k rounds down the pipe. Aside from the FP retaining pin any other issues.? What about you top cover condition? GTG and signs of cracking?
Thanks
Took a while to approve my account here. Good to go otherwise. Sent it back for the pin replacement today. Taking it back out for another video on the 27th. ( my stamp should be here by then) he guaranteed me a 48hr turnaround and I would have it before my shoot day
Reese claims that there was only 1 dust cover issue rma so far. And he's above here. Not sure if any others have confirmed. I seen 2 others talk about it but no pics to prove. I'm happy with it
Old 03-15-2019, 12:02 AM   #433
ddnc
Curio & Relic

Quote:
....Reese claims that there was only 1 dust cover issue rma so far.
He told me the same thing in fact there have only been 3 RMAs,two FP issues and one dustcover.
I think itís a one off. He mentioned it is totally not a safety issue but they will 48 hr. any dissatisfaction anyone has.
Anyway at close to 1500 rounds and no malfunctions, thatís pretty hard to beat.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:28 AM   #434
Erreertt

Quote:
He told me the same thing in fact there have only been 3 RMAs,two FP issues and one dustcover.
I think itís a one off. He mentioned it is totally not a safety issue but they will 48 hr. any dissatisfaction anyone has.
Yep. I know of 5 people with pin issues. Just not sure if they rma'd. I started loading more 9mm the other night for the next trip. Added .2gr more of powder. My ar9 load works just notice a weaker cycle. But different spring systems and bolt weights. It's understandable the reasoning. Just doing 1500rds at the higher powder charge to smooth it out some then will continue to a one load fits all.

Ran into some issues on a part of my press. But high hopes my best case scenario replacement part, the kp9, and tax stamp will all be here in time
Old 03-15-2019, 01:06 AM   #435
Erreertt

Quote:
Yep. I know of 5 people with pin issues. Just not sure if they rma'd. I started loading more 9mm the other night for the next trip. Added .2gr more of powder. My ar9 load works just notice a weaker cycle. But different spring systems and bolt weights. It's understandable the reasoning. Just doing 1500rds at the higher powder charge to smooth it out some then will continue to a one load fits all.

Ran into some issues on a part of my press. But high hopes my best case scenario replacement part, the kp9, and tax stamp will all be here in time
Old 03-15-2019, 01:43 AM   #436
Noodle_2000

AKaholic #: 192156

Just placed an order through AudioPhil for a KP9 - now the wait
Noodle_2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:10 AM   #437
monkeydo
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 195631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle_2000 View Post
Just placed an order through AudioPhil for a KP9 - now the wait
AudioPhil is a good guy! He should have mine by Tuesday, and will be shipping it to my FFL then. Did you snag the other one they shipped him, or is he going to be ordering another from his distributor?
"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."
- Noah Webster
monkeydo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:11 AM   #438
monkeydo
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:

Good to see you on the Files man! You were the one that contributed the most to my decision to fork over the funds to buy one.
"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."
- Noah Webster

Last edited by monkeydo; 03-15-2019 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:44 AM   #439
Noodle_2000

AKaholic #: 192156

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydo View Post
AudioPhil is a good guy! He should have mine by Tuesday, and will be shipping it to my FFL then. Did you snag the other one they shipped him, or is he going to be ordering another from his distributor?
He ordered another one for me. Can't wait to get it!
Noodle_2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:21 PM   #440
cooltreasures
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 178481

I ordered a 5.5mm Armacon adapter before deciding to file the E-form 1, so that should be approved soon, but I just got the brace adapter today and installed it. I wanted this specific one because it indexes perfectly using the endplate and pivots on the hinge pin to fold very nice and compact. To be honest though I'll probably never fold it, lol

cooltreasures is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:37 PM   #441
Erreertt

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bto8szuH...d=n0xj0dnrqzmx

Sparky
Old 03-15-2019, 01:38 PM   #442
Erreertt

I like it cooltreasures and congrats noodle!
Old 03-15-2019, 01:46 PM   #443
monkeydo
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltreasures View Post
I ordered a 5.5mm Armacon adapter before deciding to file the E-form 1, so that should be approved soon, but I just got the brace adapter today and installed it. I wanted this specific one because it indexes perfectly using the endplate and pivots on the hinge pin to fold very nice and compact. To be honest though I'll probably never fold it, lol

Thanks man! I've been trying to find out what set up would allow for it to fold. Mine will be kept in a 24 hour bag for hiking, camping, etc, and so I'm needing it to be able to fold. Doesn't have to lock while folded. I'm going to try out the CAA tube adapter first, but I'm thinking it's not going to give enough clearance. I'll probably eventually Form 1 mine too, but I've got a trip to Alaska coming up, and want to be able to carry it while hiking. 9mm may not be a good round to ward off bears, but a 30 round magazines of 9mm should do the job if need be lol.
- Noah Webster
Old 03-15-2019, 01:57 PM   #444
Kalashnikovologist

AKaholic #: 197173

Quote:

Might have to pick up one of those from Ivan along with some ZenitCo goodies!
Kalashnikovologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 03:08 PM   #445
chile1
Gunners for life........

AKaholic #: 173484

I love those red KUSA cases they come in.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:48 PM   #446
audiophil2
Vendor

AKaholic #: 193199

I have 4 rifles and 2 pistols due here next week. All sold. The 2 akfiles buyers already have their serial numbers.

I love the red cases.
audiophil2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:22 PM   #447
osubuckeye78
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 170343

I’ll buy a pistol off you tomorrow if you can provide positive feedback on delivery of said firearm. Feel free to PM me but it would look better if you provided proof for the board to see
osubuckeye78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:35 PM   #448
monkeydo
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubuckeye78 View Post
Iíll buy a pistol off you tomorrow if you can provide positive feedback on delivery of said firearm. Feel free to PM me but it would look better if you provided proof for the board to see
Heís on a few other forums and gunbroker. I donít just trust anyone. Heís legit, but Iíd be happy to vouch for him when mine comes in.
- Noah Webster
Old 03-15-2019, 07:42 PM   #449
monkeydo
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotastomm View Post
One of these days we will have to get together and go shooting lol.

As for the pin issues, those were just keeping the carrier from coming out of the receiver. I resolved this by slightly bending the pins to give them a nice tight fit

And for those that care, fedex delivered the rifle back to them(kusa) yesterday about 3:30 pm. I got a shipping. Notification from kusa at about 4:30 pm today that shows a Saturday delivery. So theyre spot on with the guaranteed 48 hours or less turn around time on RMA work (not counting transit too and fro)
We definitely need to man! I need to get to know more firearm enthusiasts in the area. Most of my friends donít care enough to actually spend money on anything, but theyíre more than happy to come over and burn through some of my ammo with my rifles haha Iím not stingy in the least bit though, and just enjoy letting people shoot rifles theyíd otherwise probably never get a chance to shoot.
- Noah Webster
Old 03-15-2019, 08:04 PM   #450
cooltreasures
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 178481

Those mags from Circle10 went fast! Didn’t get a chance to pick any up. Maybe next time...
cooltreasures is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:06 PM   #451
ddnc
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Those mags from Circle10 went fast! Didnít get a chance to pick any up. Maybe next time...
Stock up on the Pufgun mags. They work with just a slight mod to the rear lug.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:22 PM   #452
monkeydo
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Those mags from Circle10 went fast! Didn’t get a chance to pick any up. Maybe next time...
They sure as hell did lol i tried notifying a few of you that I know ordered or have a KP/KR-9. They were gone 5 mins afterwards lol I grabbed 3 this go around. That puts me at 8. Should be plenty for now until they get another batch in.
- Noah Webster

Last edited by monkeydo; 03-15-2019 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:40 PM   #453
Erreertt

Yep I ordered 2 from Atlantic back in January when I got my confirmation from kusa. Glad I did. Been out everywhere
Like said above. 19$ pufguns for a pinch
Old 03-15-2019, 11:42 PM   #454
audiophil2
Vendor

AKaholic #: 193199

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubuckeye78 View Post
Iíll buy a pistol off you tomorrow if you can provide positive feedback on delivery of said firearm. Feel free to PM me but it would look better if you provided proof for the board to see
I plan on paying for a subforum here. I am a very small home based dealer but I've been doing this for 10 years and have good connections. I have a long list of dealers and manufacturers that know who I am. In this business a bad rep can be devastating. Any major dealer you can think of knows who I am. They send customers to me because I am cheap, I am good, and I care about customers and do not steal theirs. If you bought from a major company online they know me.

My sales ad was closed for no rule violation but the mods determined that guns not in my actual hands are "vaporware"and they want to amend the rules for that. I have no problem with that decision but if oyu look at the websites of almost every retailer all their inventory counts are vaporware because those numbers are FTP feeds from distributor inventory that get drop shipped from the distributor to your local FFL an drarely ever pass through the online retailer physical address. Look up a scar 17 and it wil be out of stock everywhere but once 2 or 3 get put into distributor inventory you will get emails from every dealer and once those sell in 3 seconds the dealers that have bad software will cancel orders. Again, no big deal. I post the same exact ads on my main gun forum, CALGUNS.NET, with no issues and every KP9 and KR9 I have due here next week sold in a few minutes. A gun dealer bought most of them so he will resell at a higher price. The only ones that lose out are the private retail buyers here that cannot see my ads because guns allocated to me are considered vaporware. As long as this non-public rule is enforced I cannot sell anything that is high demand because I do not have the cash to buy first and then sell second. I do not have gun lists to contact people when I get more stock. Those are huge time wasters for me. I only take prepaid fully refundable backorders because that makes both of us committed to the deal.

As far as KP9s are concerned they are sold out and I have 1 pre-paid backorder. Just like every other dealer I have more on back order and KUSA has to spread the wealth to at least 6 major distributors and a dozen smaller distributors then direct dealer orders. My rep that got me 2 KP9s and 4 KR9s this week told me more pistols and rifles are inbound for next week and it takes a few days to put them into their inventory system. I am the main buyer of KUSA guns at that distributor so now I am getting preferred status. With 6 lousy guns. We are talking companies that have 20,000+ plus products so 10 KUSA guns have to get in line with pmags, pink ear muffs, etc. I will have them. I just do not have a firm ETA until I am invoiced. The 2 AKfiles members already have their serial numbers and I do not even have the guns here.
audiophil2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:29 PM   #455
Gewehr44
Classic Member

AKaholic #: 25360

I shot my KP9 today. Shot a couple hundred rounds. Not a single issue and no visible cracks on the top cover.

My ZentiCo Vityaz charging handle arrived from Russia and it doesn't fit.

https://ivantactical.com/shop/weapon...g-handle-knob/
Gewehr44 is online now   Reply With Quote