Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 05-24-2018, 05:25 PM   #36
flakman

AKaholic #: 190767

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXsailor View Post
FWIW I'm going through USAA. Guns and the like are actually automatically covered under rental or homeowners, BUT they cap out fairly low, hence my adding them as Valuable Personal Property to insure them at actual market value.
USAA used to be great, they like to get money when you get few claims under your belt they kick you to the curb. I been 20 years with them and that what happen to me
flakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:40 PM   #37
But Its A Dry Heat

AKaholic #: 195453

Quote:
Originally Posted by flakman View Post
It was inside job, I guarantee that.

I have storage too, but I only keep guns for day or two a month, because when I drill, I can't take them to base. But not as permanent storage
Someone had mentioned it earlier but I am also wondering if inside job.

Any word OP? Hopefully you can catch a break.

Thinking of storing some of mine for a little bit as I probably will be moving in the near future so storage could be a temporary solution.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." George Patton

Personal just say no list.

1. Dick's
2. Nike
3. Levi's
4. More to come later I am sure.
But Its A Dry Heat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:43 PM   #38
TXsailor
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 193986

Quote:
USAA used to be great, they like to get money when you get few claims under your belt they kick you to the curb. I been 20 years with them and that what happen to me
I've never had to make a renters claim, but I've had two or three auto claims in the last 8 years, and they've been just absolutely stellar every time. Sorry to hear they gave you hell.
TXsailor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:00 PM   #39
jjjxlr8

AKaholic #: 157166

Quote:
Very little.

Mine are bundled under "valuable personal property" tacked on to my renters policy (I'm away from the property i own a lot, so they're on renters and not homeowners). Costs about $200/ year.
You can get specific firearm 'blanket' policies that will cover $60,000 worth of firearms for $200/year.
jjjxlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:23 PM   #40
flakman

AKaholic #: 190767

Quote:
I've never had to make a renters claim, but I've had two or three auto claims in the last 8 years, and they've been just absolutely stellar every time. Sorry to hear they gave you hell.
as far as taking care of claim they stellar, but they decided to not renew my auto insurance in TX and they said they will not renew my wife's polices in FL because "Household driving record". Out of 20 years, last 3 we ran into some bad luck, but half wasn't even our fault. No total loses, no tickets though. I have recommended them to so many people. I have spend almost 9K a year on all their products, like they don't make money of me. I would have expect it from state farm or progressive, but from USAA? hell no. I know guy who totals vehicle every year with Geico and they would up his insurance up to the ass, but wouldn't kick him. I actually had to get Geico and even paying less then USAA. It felt like kick in balls of what they did.
I complained all the way to CEO office and they wouldn't give crap. I will never do insurance business with them again. I don't need someone who claim to support military to leave someone dry like that. That worse then not taking them at all sometimes.
flakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:55 PM   #41
TXsailor
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 193986

Quote:
as far as taking care of claim they stellar, but they decided to not renew my auto insurance in TX and they said they will not renew my wife's polices in FL because "Household driving record". Out of 20 years, last 3 we ran into some bad luck, but half wasn't even our fault. No total loses, no tickets though. I have recommended them to so many people. I have spend almost 9K a year on all their products, like they don't make money of me. I would have expect it from state farm or progressive, but from USAA? hell no. I know guy who totals vehicle every year with Geico and they would up his insurance up to the ass, but wouldn't kick him. I actually had to get Geico and even paying less then USAA. It felt like kick in balls of what they did.
I complained all the way to CEO office and they wouldn't give crap. I will never do insurance business with them again. I don't need someone who claim to support military to leave someone dry like that. That worse then not taking them at all sometimes.

Wow, that's freaking terrible on their part! I'm sorry to hear that! I'd be livid too.
TXsailor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:34 AM   #42
CrusherDestroyer
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 169869

Quote:
Originally Posted by CjStatic View Post
This is wear small tracking devices we can link to our smartphone would come in handy.
You can cramp a tile GPS into your gun stock, mag, bag.
CrusherDestroyer is online now   Reply With Quote