Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Vendor Discussion Forums > Russianpaint.net

Notices

Old 03-21-2017, 05:56 PM   #1
Techno
Russianpaint.net
Vendor

AKaholic #: 176777
Default Announcements - Stock Levels - General Info

I apologize for being out of product just as I become a vendor over here, however I do have all the supplies on the way. I am shooting for April 1st to have 50 bottles in stock.

There are some really specialized ingredients in this stuff that you can not get just anywhere.

If you have questions on what my product is, please read my website russianpaint.net and my "about" page for my reasoning behind this venture. While you are there take a look at the builds featured on the first page. These are original barrel guns, where the owners wanted only the receivers painted to match the finish of the Russian/Bulgarian and Polish parts.

This is quite simply, the original recipe paint that was used by the Russian arsenals from the early 1970's to now. My product is unlike the other offerings you have seen on and off this forum. I am not going to compare my product to others or put down anyone else's offerings. What I will do is promise you that what I offer is made to the exact specifications that the Russians set forth early on. Not only are my ingredients, solvents, pigments, resins the same but the viscosity is correct per the strict guidelines they set.

I double filter my product, you can use it in an airbrush when thinned and you will not get any clogs from trash or large particles. My product does not cobweb because the correct solvents prevent this. You will see this stuff is very easy to use, and you can obtain the results that you want from this one product, whether it is flat/no gloss, semi gloss or glossy like a 68 Tula. I will go over all the technical aspects in another thread.

I look forward to dealing with you guys, and seeing your results.

Thank you,
Chris Cox
Russianpaint.net

NEW smaller 60mL bottle w/budget shipping
  • 60mL - This should cover one gun for a first time user
  • Pricing - $35.00 + 3.50 for First Class = $38.50 (Priority shipping is still an option)
Click this link for more info
Techno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:04 PM   #2
Techno
Russianpaint.net
Vendor

Update on order status:
All orders placed recently will ship today guys!

Feedback on our product:
We have had an overwhelming response and all positive feedback. I have one of the top two Kalashnikov gunsmiths in the US using our product exclusively and I am meeting with the other next month. These are the guys that build moon-rocks. Original barreled Russian/East German/Polish guns along with the other high end projects for owners who want their guns to be original. This doesn't LOOK like the original, it is the original.

You can EASILY achieve the original finish the factory used on these guns. The Russians designed this paint to be easily applied, it is not picky/finicky or hard to apply like some of the other specialized firearm coatings. I will be doing a how to thread soon, along with a how to page on my website.

• Pricing - $35.00 + 3.50 for First Class = $38.50 (Priority shipping is still an option)
Old 04-14-2017, 10:52 AM   #3
Techno
Russianpaint.net
Vendor

***BOTTLES ARE NOW 120mL***
starting 4/14/17 we will be shipping 120mL per bottle - no change in price.

***Last month we changed suppliers, all paint post 4/1/17 is more concentrated paint. This means you can paint twice as many guns as before with one bottle, 3-5 guns per bottle depending on application method***

***Until I offer a thinner solution, simply thin/cut this paint with Sherman Williams Lacquer thinner or denatured alcohol, it is unnecessary to cut/thin/reduce the current paint with pigmented thinner since it is so concentrated. This is why I removed these options from my site***

What IS Russian paint?
The earliest Russian paint was more solvent and heat resistant, they came up with two formulas in the 60's and quickly changed over to the current version because of health concerns in the factory as well as ease of use in the arsenals refurbishing the weapons.

My paint is the paint they used when assembling the weapons, it was sprayed on. There is two other people offering a more common recipe which is basically the paint they used to brush on the edges when they filed for instance the gas tube or the top cover to fit. This is why the paint from other vendors is so viscous, it wasn't meant to spray.

Is your paint solvent resistant?
This is a common question, my paint acts just like any paint you find on Bulgarian, Polish, Russian or Hungarian parts. It will not stand up to scrubbing with alcohol or acetone.

I am not sure why anyone would want to scrub a painted weapon with solvent, you can easily get corrosive salts out of a gun with hot water, windex or ballistol then clean it with normal Remington oil or Ballistol. If you remove paint for some reason the beauty of this is you can easily fix the gun to look new by simply degreasing the area you need to apply it to with alcohol and spray it on. It will blend perfectly and look just like it did when you first sprayed it.

Guys, think about it like this...
If it worked for the Russian military for 47 years it should serve our purposes just fine.

How many guns can you paint with one bottle
The latest batch is very concentrated, and if you carefully apply it you should get 3-5 rifles out of every bottle. How you apply it matters, how much you waste matters. I will also be including 120mL just so you can squeeze out one more gun out of every bottle.

Last edited by Techno; 04-27-2017 at 01:17 PM.