Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > General Rifle Discussion

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 09:24 AM   #36
Idratherbapickle
Banned

AKaholic #: 193120

Quote:
Originally Posted by praxidike View Post
If my shit doesnt show up, I just might do that especially since the last reported location was in my city.
I just had this same issue this week with UPS. A carharrt jacket I ordered was to be delivered in like 3 days, ice on one day prolonged it by 4 more. On the arrival date all of a sudden the tracking said "no shipping information" or whatever like yours. I called UPS up and said "hey, the shipping information disappeared on track my package". The guy says "yeah because we don't know your address". I tell him my address, he says "that's what I have on file". Now I'm pissed I tell dude forget I'll pick up my package. He enters it in the system and says I'll receive a call in 1 hour telling me when I can retrieve.

Where I live UPS comes by 12 noon, phone call was right around that time. I never received a phone call telling me when I could pick up the package. The package somehow ended up on my door step though at 1830.

Then, 2 days later some stuff I had ordered from Wilson Combat came, but was missing a package. I checked online yet again and it said delivered. I called UPS and they told me yeah the second box has a separate tracking number now because it's on a different truck. Not a big deal but why I had to call to get that information is beyond me. If there's 2 packages on the same tracking number, but a box gets separated and you "give it a new number", why not update tracking?

I dunno... UPS is fucking up lately I guess. I've had 4 pieces of mail disappear through USPS in past five months and I don't get much mail. I had a birthday card with a 400 dollar check not make it, my conceal carry ID, 2 AK magazines, and something else but I can't remember what it was. I won't USPS anymore if I can help it. I feel like UPS might gett added to that list.
Idratherbapickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:31 PM   #37
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

AKaholic #: 157162

Fuck all shipping companies! Part I was waiting anxiously for today, needed for tomorrows range session is now in fucking Utah, when its supposed to be out for delivery today in Florida
Sublimeon24s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:26 PM   #38
AK_Fanatic_N_AZ

AKaholic #: 164223

UPS hasnít been that bad for me over the years. USPS can FOAD though! Still waiting on their reply concerning a $500 USPS money order I mailed December 27th in a Priority Mail envelope that is still showing Ďin transití!
AK_Fanatic_N_AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:31 PM   #39
paratrooper101
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 4790

UPS has a snowboard I ordered 5 years ago. Said it was delivered at my door. Was never there. Went to the PD to file it as stolen off my porch. Also contacted UPS. Next day a ups driver delivers another package. My wife asked about the snowboard, the driver said that the guy who delivered it yesterday forgot it on the truck and was returned back to the ups hub. I drove out there and they said the guy lied and it was delivered. I hate UPS.
Hope you stir up some shit OP. Maybe we all get our stuff one day.
paratrooper101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:49 PM   #40
RKHarm24
Retired and Highly Recommended
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 182838

UPS store won't accept firearms here. Either driver pick up at my house or I go to the UPS Hub between 4:30 and 6pm for drop off.

- / = / -= / == / -==
RKHarm24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:51 PM   #41
nalioth
Devil's Advocate & Moderator

AKaholic #: 5678

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKHarm24 View Post
UPS store won't accept firearms here. Either driver pick up at my house or I go to the UPS Hub between 4:30 and 6pm for drop off.
Don't forget the handy UPS drop box.

They're one way you can ship handguns 5-day ground with UPS.

FedEx works the same way.
nalioth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:00 PM   #42
wolf762

AKaholic #: 193313

Hey OP I'm surprised they are paying you out with no acceptance receipt at time of drop off. Or did you get one ?

Or was it a ghetto drop off place like Mail Box It or Ace Hardware ?
wolf762 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:05 PM   #43
praxidike
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 191101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idratherbapickle View Post
I just had this same issue this week with UPS. A carharrt jacket I ordered was to be delivered in like 3 days, ice on one day prolonged it by 4 more. On the arrival date all of a sudden the tracking said "no shipping information" or whatever like yours. I called UPS up and said "hey, the shipping information disappeared on track my package". The guy says "yeah because we don't know your address". I tell him my address, he says "that's what I have on file". Now I'm pissed I tell dude forget I'll pick up my package. He enters it in the system and says I'll receive a call in 1 hour telling me when I can retrieve.

Where I live UPS comes by 12 noon, phone call was right around that time. I never received a phone call telling me when I could pick up the package. The package somehow ended up on my door step though at 1830.

Then, 2 days later some stuff I had ordered from Wilson Combat came, but was missing a package. I checked online yet again and it said delivered. I called UPS and they told me yeah the second box has a separate tracking number now because it's on a different truck. Not a big deal but why I had to call to get that information is beyond me. If there's 2 packages on the same tracking number, but a box gets separated and you "give it a new number", why not update tracking?

I dunno... UPS is fucking up lately I guess. I've had 4 pieces of mail disappear through USPS in past five months and I don't get much mail. I had a birthday card with a 400 dollar check not make it, my conceal carry ID, 2 AK magazines, and something else but I can't remember what it was. I won't USPS anymore if I can help it. I feel like UPS might gett added to that list.
Talked to FedEx CS again today, and was told they do not know where my rifles are, they'll have to do a "trace", but that won't happen until Monday because FedEx is closed on the weekends.

As far as USPS goes, I had those idiots verify that my overnight or two day shipping packages were delivered either on my porch or in my mailbox knowing darn well that they still had it on their truck. Had me thinking someone stole my stuff or it was delivered to the wrong address only to have them deliver it a day or two later.

Last edited by praxidike; 01-13-2018 at 09:12 PM.
praxidike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:07 PM   #44
nalioth

Quote:
Originally Posted by praxidike View Post
Talked to FedEx CS again today, and was told they do not know where my rifles are, they'll have to do a "trace", but that won't happen until Monday because FedEx is closed on the weekends.
Monday, you say?

Monday is MLK day.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:12 PM   #45
praxidike
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
Monday, you say?

Monday is MLK day.
You're right, and that's what those idiots told me. If my stuff was stolen, it will be long gone by the time they bother to investigate. Guess I'll have to wait until Tuesday to see what they say.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:05 AM   #46
556sniper

AKaholic #: 183720

I had a complete NFA upper stolen issue from UPS and my Local PD didnt care and gave me the whole its a 'civil' matter BS. I made sure to get specific names of UPS CS employees and supervisor names who were giving me the run around. Granted its not the same as a true stolen gun but as soon as I got home I called the PA State police and reported it stolen and gave the back story. Magically it 'appeared' on my door step at 11PM the same night from someone driving a personal vehicle. OP I would contact your State police and see if you have better luck. Here in PA the State police handle gun thefts and illegal purchases very seriously. I hope you get your gun back!!!!
556sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:45 PM   #47
chillypepper
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 176015

You should live in a place like this, where there is no residential delivery. UPS and Fedx us the USPS address for delivery. Everyone here has to have PO boxes. There is no mailman. The local ups and fx drivers deliver to the post office and you go there to get your package. City folk have no grasp on this concept and it's a real bitch to get anything sent by anything other than usps.

side note, ups will deliver to your door here if you have an address on the highway. Even then, it's usually an argument with the sender that "Yes this place does actually exist".
chillypepper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:34 PM   #48
TideAlum
ACQUISITION MODE

AKaholic #: 178978

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf762 View Post
Hey OP I'm surprised they are paying you out with no acceptance receipt at time of drop off. Or did you get one ?

Or was it a ghetto drop off place like Mail Box It or Ace Hardware ?
No, it was a hub. They do that shit all the time. If there is a line, they’ll ask us anyone just dropping off. People drop off and leave. Won’t happen again. True horror stories in this thread.

Tide, I hope you'll have the good taste not to mention I spoke to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warden
I'll tell you what you are here. You are tampon. Only needed when days are critical. And even than you are of such low quality - you are leaking.
TideAlum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:17 PM   #49
Steve_In_29
Semper Fi

AKaholic #: 183727

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillypepper View Post
You should live in a place like this, where there is no residential delivery. UPS and Fedx us the USPS address for delivery. Everyone here has to have PO boxes. There is no mailman. The local ups and fx drivers deliver to the post office and you go there to get your package. City folk have no grasp on this concept and it's a real bitch to get anything sent by anything other than usps.

side note, ups will deliver to your door here if you have an address on the highway. Even then, it's usually an argument with the sender that "Yes this place does actually exist".
Everyone here (St John's) has a PO Box as well but FedEx and UPS stil deliver to the addresses...even 9+ miles outside of town down dirt roads.
Steve_In_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:11 AM   #50
TurboCobra

AKaholic #: 174988

Make sure to talk to the manager at UPS and mention you are calling the ATF. Then after a few more days.. call the ATF. they take stolen guys by a shipping company pretty dam serious. I had a postmaster find a Argentine 1911 in California quickly when I mentioned I need to call ATF about this "missing" firearm at her office where it was shipped from to me.. It started tracking in 24 hours..
TurboCobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:52 AM   #51
Mandaree36
Hannibals Mentor

AKaholic #: 4562

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCobra View Post
Make sure to talk to the manager at UPS and mention you are calling the ATF. Then after a few more days.. call the ATF. they take stolen guys by a shipping company pretty dam serious. I had a postmaster find a Argentine 1911 in California quickly when I mentioned I need to call ATF about this "missing" firearm at her office where it was shipped from to me.. It started tracking in 24 hours..

This.

приедьте и получите некоторых Вы трусы
Mandaree36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:06 AM   #52
Lane_H
TSSSICCAR

AKaholic #: 182543

TIDE- did you get a receipt when they scanned the package at the hub where you dropped off the package ?

i've read through the posts in the thread & didn't see any mention of it, just wondering why it wasn't entered into the system as "received".
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20
AL Kalash Group Thread^
Lane_H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:59 AM   #53
TideAlum
ACQUISITION MODE

Quote:
I am going this route. Just to update, they denied my claim. Said hat since it never got an origin scan, they arenít responsible. I threatened to go to the state police and the media. She tried to appease me by saying theyíd contact lost and found again. Iím snowed in until tomorrow. When I get a chance, I will go back down there and mention the ATF. Then call as well. Iím literally sick.

Quote:
I'll tell you what you are here. You are tampon. Only needed when days are critical. And even than you are of such low quality - you are leaking.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:07 PM   #54
Mandaree36
Hannibals Mentor

Should have demanded to see their CCTV system footage of the day you came in.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:22 PM   #55
TideAlum
ACQUISITION MODE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandaree36 View Post
Should have demanded to see their CCTV system footage of the day you came in.
I did. Their reply was that it wouldnít prove what tracking was on the package.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2018, 07:56 PM   #56
Bingo
No Money, No Job, No Women, No Luck

AKaholic #: 7308
Location: Stuck in a Marxist run Cesspool- One Floor Above Hell....

Quote:
I had a similar problem with UPS involving a stolen Colt SAA. I called the local ATF to report it stolen. The ATF hates UPS here. Magically, I got a call from UPS saying the gun was found 2 days later and it is being delivered to Colt that day.
Bingo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:07 AM   #57
Shadow Walker
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 10055

Screw FEDEX!!

I paid extra to get medicine to my son on a Saturday. They didn't deliver it till Monday.

Their excuse was....they couldn't find the place on Saturday. Strange since the Air Force Base has been on their city limits since WWII.

NO!!! They didn't refund my money. They DID!!! lose my business.
Shadow Walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:12 PM   #58
Mandaree36
Hannibals Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TideAlum View Post
I did. Their reply was that it wouldnít prove what tracking was on the package.

So much as it would show who took the package...and they know it.

Inside job my friend.

Fuckers.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:16 PM   #59
praxidike
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane_H View Post
TIDE- did you get a receipt when they scanned the package at the hub where you dropped off the package ?

i've read through the posts in the thread & didn't see any mention of it, just wondering why it wasn't entered into the system as "received".
He should have been given a recipient.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:39 PM   #60
praxidike
Veteran Member

My two rifles showed up 5 days last after it should have been delivered after I had to contact CS. Hope yours turns up OP.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:58 PM   #61
rbox1064
Rammer Jammer
Contributor

AKaholic #: 173428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane_H View Post

I just through learning this lesson. Don't simply drop off a pkg and depend on tracking number as proof. I've had a couple USPS packages never show acceptance until after they were delivered. The latest was my Hogue stock and DBM from CDI Precision... The owner of CDI sent me a msg saying my stock was there and then the tracking showed delivered.
rbox1064 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:12 PM   #62
jdg
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 182818

Quote:
I am going this route. Just to update, they denied my claim. Said hat since it never got an origin scan, they arenít responsible. I threatened to go to the state police and the media. She tried to appease me by saying theyíd contact lost and found again. Iím snowed in until tomorrow. When I get a chance, I will go back down there and mention the ATF. Then call as well. Iím literally sick.
Sorry to hear this, hope it shows up, or someones ass gets cooked!
jdg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:55 PM   #63
ig720

AKaholic #: 178422

They're all the same $hit UPS, Fedex, USPS. All you can do is hope you never run into any issues with carriers. Fedex at work is solid the idiot that delivers my home packages sucks. USPS will notify packages delivered but when you get home there's nothing. A day or two later the package shows up. UPS centers are individually owned and many are terrified when they hear BB gun let alone a real firearm.
ig720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:26 PM   #64
nalioth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ig720 View Post
UPS centers are individually owned and many are terrified when they hear BB gun let alone a real firearm.
If by "UPS centers" you mean "UPS Stores" or "UPS mailing centers" ( usually found inside office supply stores ), you are correct. They are prohibited by UPS policy to accept firearms, ammunition and certain other goods.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:33 PM   #65
TideAlum
ACQUISITION MODE

Check this shit out!!! The fucker ended up in Ohio!!! Intended for TX.

Quote:
Old 01-26-2018, 07:41 PM   #66
bigrog210
Vierfruchtpyjama
Contributor

AKaholic #: 177977

/////
Magaholic

CTAK social group
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/group.php?groupid=39
bigrog210 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:51 PM   #67
AdamP123
((((-(-(-_-)-)-))))

AKaholic #: 154955

Quote:
WTF. Why is that picture on Armslist?

Well, at least the rifle was found.

Я люблю котов! У меня нет кота, но они очаровательны. Я люблю разговаривать с людьми в парке о своих домашних кошках. Кошки могут быть настолько привередливыми! Вы когда-нибудь задумывались что кошки думают? Много приветствий! Адам.
AdamP123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:25 PM   #68
rbox1064
Rammer Jammer
Contributor

AKaholic #: 173428

Quote:
Wrong state, no traceable info on the UPS label, and and the inability of UPS to even start to provide a viable lead as to it's whereabouts. Incompetence on so many levels.

However it arrived on January 3RD! That friggin brown truck hauls ass!
rbox1064 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:19 AM   #69
TideAlum
ACQUISITION MODE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox1064 View Post
Wrong state, no traceable info on the UPS label, and and the inability of UPS to even start to provide a viable lead as to it's whereabouts. Incompetence on so many levels.

However it arrived on January 3RD! That friggin brown truck hauls ass!
Lol they did deliver in a timely fashion. Iím just fortunate that it went to an honest person.

Quote:
Old 01-27-2018, 12:31 AM   #70
Mandaree36
Hannibals Mentor

New Motto

"We have no idea where we are sending things, but we promise to get them there fast"

Go Brown!