Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Shotguns

Notices

Old 12-16-2017, 08:18 AM   #211
KC913

AKaholic #: 155912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gattisgarage View Post
Took mine to the range today and did not have a ton of luck. Tried 00 buck and some slugs and was not getting proper extraction. Waiting on some video from a buddy to try and see if I see anything. The very first shot I took left the shell in the chamber but did strip another round from the mag like it wanted to cycle. After that it was not even trying to cycle. So I'm home now and noticed there is a hole in the handgaurd in line with the bottom hole where the gas piston goes. Is this supposed to be like that?? I'm thinking there was something in there that got blown out on the first shot. And now as soon as the gas piston starts to move it's Leting all the gas out the hole in that hand gaurd. Can anyone confirm this?? I really took my time getting this gun working smoothly thinking it would operated well
The hole is supposed to be there. Nothing covering or blocking it. The system basically uses the initial gas burst to push the piston rearward and cycle the action, then vents off excess gas.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:20 PM   #212
Gattisgarage

AKaholic #: 194486

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC913 View Post
The hole is supposed to be there. Nothing covering or blocking it. The system basically uses the initial gas burst to push the piston rearward and cycle the action, then vents off excess gas.
What's your thoughts in reducing the size of said hole in order to get a little more gas to the action??
Gattisgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:11 PM   #213
csspecs
Spam bot
Vendor

AKaholic #: 157229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gattisgarage View Post
What's your thoughts in reducing the size of said hole in order to get a little more gas to the action??
It vents at the end of the piston stroke, so not the best place to start.

I would start by slightly polishing the fire control parts to take out some of the snagglyness, then maybe slightly increase the barrel ports.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:21 PM   #214
Gattisgarage

AKaholic #: 194486

Quote:
Originally Posted by csspecs View Post
It vents at the end of the piston stroke, so not the best place to start.

I would start by slightly polishing the fire control parts to take out some of the snagglyness, then maybe slightly increase the barrel ports.
Both of those are done...guess it just needs some more shooting to get it going.
Gattisgarage is offline   Reply With Quote