Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Shotguns

Notices

Old 04-20-2017, 09:50 PM   #1
VforVandetta

AKaholic #: 184420
Default NEW VIDEO! ALFA Arms Gas Tube, Holosun Circle Dot & Tritium!

Hey guys, did a sweet review and shooting demo for the Alfa Rail "Ultimak Style" gas tube available from from 4range, as well as the Holosun Circle Dot "EOtech Style" red dot, and the tritium AK front sight post.

Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z70kqTUmd7o

-V
VforVandetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:26 PM   #2
AllTen

AKaholic #: 181458

Couple of questions......................................... .......Talking about the front ring (not the back lock ring), I'm assuming you tighten the front ring flush up against the gas block, and then tighten the rear lock ring hand tight to the rear up against the tube.

I'm asking because I saw you work your fingers screwing the lock ring back up against the gas tube, and I thought I saw you work your fingers to cinch up the front ring some.

Have I got it right?

Also......is some Loctite a "better safe than sorry" move for the threads just behind the lock ring before you lock it down, or is that unnecessary. I ask in terms of considering shock and recoil possibly working the lock ring and/or the front ring loose.

Since were on the subject, these gas tubes being aluminum, what's the best to use to clean them.

I'm asking because I bought two of these from Maxim which I'll probably use on my Veprs.
AllTen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:09 PM   #3
VforVandetta

AKaholic #: 184420

Yea I snugged the rear lock ring to the front part, snugged it back to the tube, and then backed out just a couple turns to engage the gas block.

I don't feel like loc tite is neccessary because it really locks in nice with the gas tube latch, but hey why not.

In terms of cleaning I'm thinking a standard bore snake or bore brush will be sufficient. The snake works great on all my OEM Ak gas tubes.

-V
VforVandetta is offline   Reply With Quote