Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Optics

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM   #36
Fury413rb

AKaholic #: 184005

I like the 4x I have on my wasr. I wish it had the man sized reticle vs. the hunting/boar sized but whatever. I think its the best scope that I have ever paid less than $200 for.

90 day ban survivor
Fury413rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM   #37
Garik

AKaholic #: 179998

I like the POSP I have. Glass is better than I thought it would be, and better than some people are giving it credit for. The only thing that would make it better is if it had a grey finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury413rb View Post
I like the 4x I have on my wasr. I wish it had the man sized reticle vs. the hunting/boar sized but whatever. I think its the best scope that I have ever paid less than $200 for.
The marks for windage should be a mil apart. Use that for ranging anything other than a deer (or animal of similar height).
Old Yesterday, 11:44 PM   #38
Bacon&AlcoholDistributor
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 183128

Not a POSP or PSO but close enough. Romanian LPS scope, based on PSO.
Clear glass, no illumination, very cool scope that will work on WASR rail as is without any modifications. Will not fit Saiga or many other rails.
Have not tried with original/traditional stock but with adjustable one eye relief is none issue.

You can't just slide the scope on the rail like traditional AK scopes/mounts. You need to line up front stop pic after center groove then slide in and lock. Locks in very solid.

Bacon&AlcoholDistributor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:55 AM   #39
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 171780

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon&AlcoholDistributor View Post
Not a POSP or PSO but close enough. Romanian LPS scope, based on PSO.
Clear glass, no illumination, very cool scope that will work on WASR rail as is without any modifications. Will not fit Saiga or many other rails.
Have not tried with original/traditional stock but with adjustable one eye relief is none issue.

You can't just slide the scope on the rail like traditional AK scopes/mounts. You need to line up front stop pic after center groove then slide in and lock. Locks in very solid.

At first my brain did not recognize that optic was mounted into an AK... nice camo and mind f**k

I love the LPS on my PSL, but it is not where close to my ACSS ACOG, just not close, and there’s not a lot out there that is

***EDIT***Side note, I did try the LPS on my WASR and noted that it did fit... is this something specific to Romanian optics rails? I’ll need to try it on the AES-10B then as well

I do appreciate the different Russian optics’s and love my Kashtan and PO3.5x21P, but they still are not as good as ACOGs in my opinion

Either way they all get the job done, just train with what you got and learn it’s short comings, once I got my LPS dialed in I could smoke clay pigeons with my PSL at over 300 meters all day
Old Today, 02:50 AM   #40
Bacon&AlcoholDistributor
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 183128

We would have to agee to disagree...... on AK (74), no ACOG is better then Kashtan. Just the reticle bloom itself is a big minus, 50% weaker Tritium as well, glass is not any better and Kashtan's does have superior calibrated reticle.
Bacon&AlcoholDistributor is online now   Reply With Quote