Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Handgun Forums > General Handgun Discussion

Notices

Old 04-15-2018, 06:12 PM   #1
codifier
Your Huckleberry

AKaholic #: 170379
Default Alfa-Proj (via Czechpoint) Revolvers

Been scouring the internet but not finding much on these revolvers. Made in the Czech Republic, but not by CZ.

They have two lines of revolvers:

Alfa Holek which have alloy (hopefully not zamak...) frames reinforced at stress points with steel. Supposedly carried by Czech cops as a BUG due to lightweight (no source on this wiki entry). Not chambered in 357 likely due to higher pressures + alloy frame = bad.

Alfa Steel which have... well, steel frames.

Seem to be big in Canada, but not finding much about them. I have Smiths, and I have Rugers so it is time to try something new, so I grabbed one of their 3 inch Holek models since they're a tad over $300. Steel models are close to 500, which is Ruger territory so I will try one of their less expensive models first.

Looking for grips.... none that I can find in the US. Looks like my only choice is getting some from Canadian suppliers, ouch.

Anyone have info to share on these? These revolvers have been out for at least five years, but Internet has mostly only speculation..

Quote:
All the power [the State] has is what society gives it, plus what it confiscates from time to time on one pretext or another;
there is no other source from which State power can be drawn. Therefore every assumption of State power, whether by gift
or seizure, leaves society with so much less power.

― Albert Jay Nock, Our Enemy, the State
codifier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:38 PM   #2
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 176461

I honestly don't see a point in a Czech revolver or any other revolver past Italian clones, S&W, Colt, or Ruger.

Get into older Colts, unless you are made of cash that should keep you busy for a while...
Stopsign32v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:46 PM   #3
codifier
Your Huckleberry

AKaholic #: 170379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
I honestly don't see a point in a Czech revolver or any other revolver past Italian clones, S&W, Colt, or Ruger.

Get into older Colts, unless you are made of cash that should keep you busy for a while...
Variety is the spice of life. I see what you're getting at, but if that was the prevailing belief no one would ever have known how good CZ pistols are. Gotta try new stuff.

Quote:
All the power [the State] has is what society gives it, plus what it confiscates from time to time on one pretext or another;
there is no other source from which State power can be drawn. Therefore every assumption of State power, whether by gift
or seizure, leaves society with so much less power.

― Albert Jay Nock, Our Enemy, the State
codifier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:27 PM   #4
AKmoose

AKaholic #: 160556

I was considering one until I started researching and Dan Wesson kept coming up as the most accurate out there, I pick up my 715 Tuesday. Sold off a Trooper Mk III, nice enough but the accuracy was just so-so.
AKmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:08 PM   #5
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 176461

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmoose View Post
Dan Wesson
I knew there was something I was missing! I really should get me a Dan Wesson, I'm a huge revolver fan. Tons more fun at the range than any semi auto made.
Stopsign32v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:23 PM   #6
AKmoose

AKaholic #: 160556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
I knew there was something I was missing! I really should get me a Dan Wesson, I'm a huge revolver fan. Tons more fun at the range than any semi auto made.
Yeah, just the precision and smoothness of almost any revolver is just lacking in the semis, I still like my mag feds but there's just something about 6 (or7 & 8) shooters. I'll give ya a review when I pick it up.
AKmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:31 PM   #7
Il Cattivo
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 180088

Apparently Czechpoint has a new batch either in or due in shortly. Somehow the buggers always manage to catch me when I'm broke, but I'd still like one of their 9mm revolvers just to mess with.
Il Cattivo is offline   Reply With Quote