Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Events & Gatherings

Notices

Old 02-18-2018, 05:14 AM   #1
PORTER
Been there done that.

AKaholic #: 184098
Default Official PNW AK Meet and Greet.

So after hours of organizing I have finally settled on April the 27th-29th for this event to take place. Location is Goldendale Wa at the Cerberus Group training Range. The range will be open to us for all 3 days, with the meet and greet scheduled for the 28th. On that day there will be plenty of shooting, BBQ, raffles, and some friendly timed competition events. If you would like to take one of the classes offered sign up on the link below as spaces are limited and will fill quickly. All range fees/camping/training will be collected by the Cerberus Training Group, again see prices in the link . No hook up/primitive camping is offered on site, and is free if you take a class. If your not the camping type I added a couple of the local motels in the links below. My goal is to put together a economical fun weekend with like minded individuals that enjoy shooting the AK rifle. If you plan to attend please post up so I can further plan ahead, and make sure I get enough food for the BBQ. I have a few vendors donating stuff for the raffle, so some cool things will be given away. This should be a kickass weekend, and I look forward to meeting my fellow AK brothers on here as well as a few other PNW firearms forums. If you guys have any questions fire away here or via PM if you want.
https://cerberus-training.com

https://www.ponderosamotelgoldendale.com
https://www.choicehotels.com/washing...n-hotels/wa178
Old 02-18-2018, 12:11 PM   #2
mike88
Lord of the Manor

AKaholic #: 170852

Thank you, planning to attend. Have room for one if anyone needs a ride from Vancouver to Goldendale.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:36 PM   #3
P03SAUCEZ
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 170188

This is gonna be great. Besides the obligatory AKs I'm gonna bring some weird shit to shoot. Hope others do too. Looking forward to it.
P03SAUCEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:36 AM   #4
mike88
Lord of the Manor

CrazyUkranian is on board for a rider with me. Think 30 mags worth will be enough?
Old 02-19-2018, 10:51 AM   #5
PORTER
Been there done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike88 View Post
CrazyUkranian is on board for a rider with me. Think 30 mags worth will be enough?
I meant to tell him last night to get a hold of you about carpooling. I am bringing 1k rounds of 7.62, as well as a few other calibers. Will be good to meet you guys.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:49 PM   #6
Fjordforder
Indestructible, not invulnerable!

AKaholic #: 175530

Hoping to be present!

THE ENTIRE KIM DYNASTY IS A LONG, LONG LINE OF PUNK ASS BITCHES

Be the Mutant DEVO wants you to be!

7.62x39, 5.45x39, 7.62x51, 7.62x54r, 12x76, 9x19, .22WMR, .45ACP

Fjordforder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:11 PM   #7
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 170546

Would love to attend, but all the anti-gun legislation that's been passed in WA in the last few years plus all the crap the legislature is trying to shove through now, REALLY gives me pause when I consider driving through the state with a half-dozen rifles and a couple K of ammo....

From what I read of the law, all it takes is one yowling libtard to call in on you, and the cops come and take your property, never to be seen again.

What's the position of the Sheriff in that county? Police chief? Are they 2A-friendly?
((DB)) Deplorable Basterd brigade #47
Dragynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:13 PM   #8
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by P03SAUCEZ View Post
This is gonna be great. Besides the obligatory AKs I'm gonna bring some weird shit to shoot. Hope others do too. Looking forward to it.
If I make it i'll bring the PTR too, for sure gonna bring my Henry .22 (love me some lever action and .22 is finally affordable again).
Old 02-20-2018, 09:13 PM   #9
PORTER
Been there done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragynn View Post
Would love to attend, but all the anti-gun legislation that's been passed in WA in the last few years plus all the crap the legislature is trying to shove through now, REALLY gives me pause when I consider driving through the state with a half-dozen rifles and a couple K of ammo....

From what I read of the law, all it takes is one yowling libtard to call in on you, and the cops come and take your property, never to be seen again.

What's the position of the Sheriff in that county? Police chief? Are they 2A-friendly?
Dragynn, I would call Steve@the Cerberus Group where the event will be held as he could tell you everything you need to know as he is former law enforcement and should be in the know. Click on link and number should be there, Steve is great guy and will take the time to answer questions. Hope you can make it.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:30 AM   #10
Cerberus Training

AKaholic #: 195615

I heard my ears a burnin! Greetings all!

The Sheriff here in Klickitat County does not enforce the "transfer to friends" garbage, has more gun safes than just about any human is allowed to have...or something along that line.

Helped me get the conditional use permit for the construction of my range and future facilities. Soooooo...unless you strap your firearms to the outside of the vehicle for all libtards to see, no one will know anything. Hope to see ya in April.
Cerberus Training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:35 AM   #11
bigrog210
Vierfruchtpyjama
Contributor

AKaholic #: 177977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus Training View Post

The Sheriff here in Klickitat County does not enforce the "transfer to friends" garbage, has more gun safes than just about any human is allowed to have...or something along that line.

Helped me get the conditional use permit for the construction of my range and future facilities. Soooooo...unless you strap your firearms to the outside of the vehicle for all libtards to see, no one will know anything. Hope to see ya in April.
Juat a quick "We!come to the asylum" for the new guy

///
Magaholic

CTAK social group
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/group.php?groupid=39
bigrog210 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:09 AM   #12
Cerberus Training

Thank you. I think this event has the potential to turn into something that all can be proud of to attend and get something out of. I know with all the correspondence with Porter, he's putting his heart and soul into it.

Other than some of the logistical schtuff involved with putting this on, namely insurance and enough RO's to keep the insurance happy...my plan is to cover my costs, then turn back some of the proceeds into an Annual PNW AK meet, so this can keep going.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:55 PM   #13
mike88
Lord of the Manor

Thank you all, hope to bring some positive energy, hang with like minded citizens. What is your typical weather in April? Been a while since I was out your way. Squared away my mags/ammo loadouts, can pack field gear, clothing, ear pro, eyepro. Look forward to meeting you out east!
Old 02-22-2018, 05:02 PM   #14
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Thank you for posting! That's what I needed to know.

I'll have several really cool rifles and i'll bring a good bit of ammo, and FYI i'm not freaky about my rifles, everyone is welcome to try them out at any time (as long as I don't have to run a damn background check on 'em, lol). None are safe queens and all are set up to be run hard and fast.

Quote:

Old 02-22-2018, 05:19 PM   #15
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Other than some of the logistical schtuff involved with putting this on, namely insurance and enough RO's to keep the insurance happy....
Don't know if this helps and I see from your site you already have an awesome medical guy, but my wife is a 30 year+ surgery tech and certified in more trauma and CPR and lifesaving shit than I knew existed, if we can make it she just told me she'd be willing to volunteer to help man the medical tent.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:13 PM   #16
PORTER
Been there done that.

Quote:
Thank you for posting! That's what I needed to know.

I'll have several really cool rifles and i'll bring a good bit of ammo, and FYI i'm not freaky about my rifles, everyone is welcome to try them out at any time (as long as I don't have to run a damn background check on 'em, lol). None are safe queens and all are set up to be run hard and fast.
Hope you can make it Dragynn, you sound like my kind of peeps I care to be around. I plan on bringing several rifles outside of my AK'S that will be in attendance, and like you I share the same policy that if you want to shoot them just ask. My shooting bro's that are coming are like minded also. I have met some good people off this site and am sure I will meet more at this event. You will like Steve and crew also, they are a great guys and a big reason this event was able to come together.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:34 PM   #17
Fjordforder
Indestructible, not invulnerable!

AKaholic #: 175530

Quote:
Originally Posted by PORTER View Post
Hope you can make it Dragynn, you sound like my kind of peeps I care to be around. I plan on bringing several rifles outside of my AK'S that will be in attendance, and like you I share the same policy that if you want to shoot them just ask. My shooting bro's that are coming are like minded also. I have met some good people off this site and am sure I will meet more at this event. You will like Steve and crew also, they are a great guys and a big reason this event was able to come together.
I can`t do much currently but if there`s anything I can try helping with let me know!

THE ENTIRE KIM DYNASTY IS A LONG, LONG LINE OF PUNK ASS BITCHES

Be the Mutant DEVO wants you to be!

7.62x39, 5.45x39, 7.62x51, 7.62x54r, 12x76, 9x19, .22WMR, .45ACP

Fjordforder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:23 PM   #18
CougKev

AKaholic #: 88961

I will be there. Might bring a few more as well (50/50 chance). Let me know if I can bring some food, soda, etc.

CougKev
CougKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:25 PM   #19
sdw2008
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 171683

Pics & vid or it didn't happen, PORTER!!!

Hope you guys have a great time!
sdw2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:56 PM   #20
PORTER
Been there done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw2008 View Post
Pics & vid or it didn't happen, PORTER!!!

Hope you guys have a great time!
If all goes as planned I jave a photo and video peeps coming to document the weekend. As well as a tow behind smoker to fill our bellys after a great day of shooting.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:37 PM   #21
PORTER
Been there done that.

Just a FYI also guys. After talking to one of my buddy's about coming he had big concerns about the safety of shooting around lots of people he wasn't familiar with being a reason he probably wouldn't attend. Make no mistake about it this event will have many rules put in place as well as range officers to keep things in check. Safety is rule #1, and it will be strictly enforced. We will have a great time, but there won't be any of "That Guy" running rampant. When the event gets close I was planning of posting the rules per say so everybody will be on the same page.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:26 PM   #22
Pdx1

AKaholic #: 164887

I should be able to make it up there.
was just through there today, snow covered
Pdx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:20 PM   #23
Cerberus Training

Been having snow the last few days, along with sub freezing temps...but have 4 guys from Idaho arriving tonight for a rifle class, those are some die hard folks! April can be hit or miss as to weather. It will be a bit cool at night but should be in the high 50's and into the 60's by then, with rain possible...but every year is different.

I guarantee there will be plenty of fun, BUT the range as per my insurance will be heavily monitored. Which means no one on the range unless there's an RO observing, and I will be providing those, and there will be plenty so no one will have to hunt to find one. You'll be able to do many things that a normal public range won't allow, like moving, firing multiple rounds with some speed etc.

You're welcome to bring targets, objects etc to shoot at, nothing explosive or glass. The range is about 25 yards wide, by 50 yards long. Any questions, keep firing away...
Old 02-23-2018, 11:16 PM   #24
Pdx1

AKaholic #: 164887

BFS triggers, suppressors allowed?
Pdx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:54 AM   #25
Cerberus Training

Suppressors yes. Although I'm not keen on BFS triggers...I will allow them.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:09 AM   #26
angryWaiter

AKaholic #: 193169

You guys have fun!!! BigRog210 set up a Range day and BBQ for us down here in Central TX last month and it was a total blast. It’s great to shoot w/ other folks who are liked minded and range safe!
angryWaiter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:39 PM   #27
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
As well as a tow behind smoker to fill our bellys after a great day of shooting.
NOW you're talking my language! Ahh bar-bee-cue, the currency of friendship in my county. I'll throw some tasty stuff into bags to marinate during the drive down.

Beer okay after shooting is done for day and weapons are secured?
Old 02-24-2018, 09:02 PM   #28
PORTER
Been there done that.

Quote:
NOW you're talking my language! Ahh bar-bee-cue, the currency of friendship in my county. I'll throw some tasty stuff into bags to marinate during the drive down.

Beer okay after shooting is done for day and weapons are secured?
I would think so as long as we don't get out of hand on the beverages. The guy with the smoker is going to do everything in his power to make it. He does weddings/etc so as long as he doesn't get a booking on that weekend he is in. He said his bookings usually start in may so lets cross our fingers. If for some reason he cant make it I have a backup plan and it does include BBQ, Yours truly is from Texas so I know a few things if needed.
Old 02-25-2018, 04:24 AM   #29
Longshot725
Patriot
Contributor

AKaholic #: 168398

Quote:

Quick question. Any affiliation between Cerberus Training and Cerberus Capital Management?

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government."
-Thomas Paine-

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMor View Post
...Go to hell. Enjoy the ban. Get tapeworm.
Longshot725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:56 PM   #30
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Yours truly is from Texas so I know a few things if needed.
Me too brother, I do miss the central Texas barbecue and fresh Elgin sausage....but I can replicate the experience if need be.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:03 PM   #31
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

FYI before we meet in person, if i've pissed any of you off, it totally wasn't me, it was a doppelganger posting as me, i'm quite friendly myself.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:25 AM   #32
PORTER
Been there done that.

Quote:
FYI before we meet in person, if i've pissed any of you off, it totally wasn't me, it was a doppelganger posting as me, i'm quite friendly myself.
I have met a bunch of great peeps off the AK Files, I am sure you will be no different.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:02 AM   #33
Cerberus Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot725 View Post
Quick question. Any affiliation between Cerberus Training and Cerberus Capital Management?
No......
Old 02-27-2018, 06:45 PM   #34
Longshot725
Patriot
Contributor

AKaholic #: 168398

Quote:
No......
Good and thank you!

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government."
-Thomas Paine-

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMor View Post
...Go to hell. Enjoy the ban. Get tapeworm.
Longshot725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:26 PM   #35
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
No......
Don't mind ol' Longshot, his BCG (brain-carrier-group) is a little old and don't always lock into battery no more